[SP-F11] A Present From the Past (Easy RGQ)

Kasier woke up, her eyes were blinded by the brilliant rays of the powerful sun. It seemed just like a normal morning, but it was far from a normal morning. One thing that she had learned from this game so far into it was nothing is what it appeared to be. A day early on does not seem to be eventful, but from her own experience, she knows that just from waking up, something unexpected can happen at any time. That is the story of this game, the story of Aincrad, nothing is what it appeared to be and nothing is what you predict it to be. Perhaps that is what Kasier loved so much about this game. She knew that she needed to put work in since she was falling behind quite a bit at this rate. Zandra was a high-leveled healer and Kasier needed to be as high leveled as she eventually. Hence, she would need to grind out her levels and become good healer.

Kasier, after dozing off again, finally woke up to the singing of the birds, which usually came later than her wake up time. Today was different because she had decided that sleeping a lot more than usual was a good idea. A yawn followed as soon as she sat up on her bed and soon enough, she walked up from her bed and prepared to head out and grab breakfast. It had been a while since she went on a material gathering session, especially since she found no motivation to craft. It was a good idea to start material gathering again because eventually, she would require more and more materials as she levels in order to purchase better equipment for herself. After getting herself settled, she walked up and stretched her back, preparing for a day of good material gathering and level, experience grinding. Heck, maybe she will even level up later on as well.

Kasier smiled, walking into one of her most favorite breakfast restaurants in this game. Her red, amber eyes looked over at the restaurant NPC owner. The old man know knew Kasier from the consistent amount of times that she would eat at the restaurant. Now, the owner knew exactly what Kasier would order every single time that she walked into the shop, a food item known as pancakes and a warm cup of coffee. Sure, she could make food for she but it was really frustrating and she really disliked the long time that making coffee and other food items took. Somehow, for NPCs, they were able to do it instantly, making Kasier quite jealous in all honesty.

“Hello, there Kasier,” the NPC owner said, his black eyes looking over as he wrote down some things. “Same as usual, I assume?” He hinted.

“Indeed.” Kasier answered simply, sure that her order would be delivered to her in quick time.

Whenever Kasier needed a conversation, she was sure that the cook would always succeed in entertaining her. She had found that NPCs acted as servants to the players, well, at least, most of them. If she wanted someone to keep her company, the NPCs would never fail to talk to Kasier. Perhaps that was why Kasier thought the NPCs to be better than actual players, while actual players always had evil within their hearts, these NPCs are pure, completely willing to help you in times of needs as long as they are not restrained by the game.

“So, how has your morning been, lady Kasier?” The NPC asked, beginning to create the pancakes that Kasier had ordered.

“My morning has been a lazy one, but I plan on proceeding and gathering some materials from higher floors to make sure that I have enough materials in the future to invest into more gear. How has business been?” She answered and followed the conversation with a question.

“Business has been pretty good recently. However, most people have already moved on from the basic floor known as the first floor. It’s a shame because this floor is, in my opinion, the best floor. But I understand what the players are thinking of when they want to proceed up the floors. I guess it’s more beneficial to the players, not to us business owners though.” The NPC man said, his eyes lighting up suddenly as he lifted the food off the stove. “Annnnnnddddd, we are done!” He stated, bringing the food to Kasier’s table.

“Alright, thank you very much sir. By the way, do you know of anyone that can give me a quest so I can find an easier way to level up?” Kasier asked, beginning to chew on the pancake, slowly consuming it along with the sugary taste. Kasier nodded her head in gratitude as she listened carefully to what the man might say.

“Hum, actually, there’s a friend of mine called Alex on the eleventh floor. He recently moved up there and I heard that he was having troubles with something. Apparently, he has been struggling with finding good materials and has been looking for a good area to gather materials. He has been trying to find materials with no prevail. Maybe you can go up there and talk to him, he’ll ask you to find a good place for him to get materials and you probably need evidence as well. It shouldn’t be too hard.” He stated, sitting down since there were no additional customers that needed his attention.

“Alright, thanks sir, I’ll be sure to head up there to the eleventh floor and get some materials as evidence to the area that he can gather more materials in. It’ll be a good material gathering session as well. My gratitude.” She said, finishing up the remainder of the pancakes up.

Kasier soon made her way up to the floor of the eleventh. It appeared that the floor was oriented around the middle-aged European style creations. All of the buildings followed the same medieval Europe style. Soon enough, Kasier found her way to the quest giver and entered his shop to see the shop full of customers and a person sweating all over the place, trying to get things to the customers. Kasier smiled and waved to the man before starting to speak, “Hello sir, are you Alex?” Kasier asked, “The shopkeeper of this restaurant in the eleventh floor?”

“Y-yes. That would be me. Have a seat, dear customer. I will get to you soon enough but as you can see, this shop is currently being flooded with player customers.” The man said, his eyes filled with worry as he walked away from Kasier to tend to more customers and their wishes.

“Wait, sir. I come not to seek for your services. I come to provide services for you. I heard from your dear friend, Steven of the first floor, a man who owns a similar shop to yours. He stated that he is a good friend of yours and you have only recently moved here. He has sent me to help you out with some material gathering. Indeed, he said that I would only have to find an area suitable for material gathering and provide evidence for it, is that good enough for this generated quest?” Kasier asked, wanting to get this over with so she can receive the rewards that the quest would provide for her.

“Oh yes, my dear friend Steven coming in clutch at times of struggles. Indeed, dear maiden. I thank you for your willingness to help me. Now, you may go on your way and you will be rewarded greatly at the end of the day if you succeed."

Kasier didn’t like the man. The man came off to be quite the rude type and Kasier, who was quite rude on occasions found this rather disturbing. However, she still needed the experience no matter what and this was one of the greatest, easiest quests that she had received in quite a while. If it were hard, she would probably just not bother to deal with it. Kasier smirked and nodded before walking out of the shop, leaving the man to do whatever he needs to do in order to satisfy all these customers. Good luck with that. She thought, walking out of the shop and into the forest that seemed so dark and lonely. It was there that she would do a lot of material gathering for the rest of the day. Maybe she’ll even skip lunch. It had been quite a while since she had managed to get a good material gathering session going.

Edited by Kasier

ID: 69298
LD: 15

Kasier wandered around, seeking for materials that she can show to the shop owner to persuade the man that this floor was, in fact, filled with different areas in which materials can be easily found. What she liked about this particular quest was the fact that she would be able to keep the materials that she finds on this quest. Hence, she would actually have the motivation to get this quest completed quickly. With this, she would be able to get a few experience points as well as materials that she can use to purchase equipment and items. A sigh followed as she walked through the darkness of the forest area when she flinched. She had heard a sound near the bushes and as she looked over the bushes, she sees a half-eaten apple. Apples… She thought, recognizing the item immediately. Upon looking around, she soon grabbed an apple from a nearby tree.

+1 Material (1)

Edited by Kasier

ID: 69299
LD: 18

Kasier smiled, if she needed to get materials, she could simply get them from here. There seemed to be a lot of apples near the area and hence, she would be able to grab up the apples that were located here, hidden amongst the trees. With a look to the side, she noticed a patch of red in the distance. Without a shadow of the doubt, she would be increasing the count of apples that she had in her inventory. Without failing even once, she looked into the bushes and wrapped her hands around the apple, pulling it from the stem, which acted as its shelter and claimed the apple as her own. Excellent. She thought, whipping the apple with her shirt and examining the quality of the apple. Class. She soon claimed and inserted the apple into her inventory. Maybe two more for the owner? She thought.

+1 Material (2)

Edited by Kasier

ID: 69300
LD: 19

Kasier was having very good luck at the moment. Sure, she wouldn’t want to jinx it but there was no doubt that she was in a good run of form. If she continued to search for materials like this, there was no doubt that she will be able to have a load of apples and other berries for herself by the end of the day. A few materials would already be enough to show the shop owner that there were good materials in the area. A sigh came out as she looked around as much as possible in order to catch any materials that might come to her. A smile appeared as soon as she saw a hint of red in the bushes, a different bush this time. Her legs didn’t hesitate to move closer to the apple before she bent down and wrapped her hands on apple she saw.

+1 Material (3)

Edited by Kasier

ID: 69301
LD: 1

Kasier knew that her luck was not going to last. Her luck never really lasted. She would have moments of great, astonishing luck, but the next; her luck would appear to completely disappear in a matter of seconds. That was how her life was like, and that was how this game was like. That is why this game is so interesting, because nothing appears to be predictable. Your stats might not necessarily depict your skill level and whether you win in a battle depends heavily on luck and not on your actual stats. Sure, someone would probably not rest his or her life on the luck based system of the game, but to Kasier, she thought it was interesting. This way, the game had a thrill that nothing can match, which is why Kasier wants to continue being active in this game. And that isn’t the only reason that Kasier still remains active.

Edited by Kasier

ID: 69302
LD: 16

The other reason that Kasier remains so active is because… Of a person. Her boyfriend, at the moment, and not just for the moment. She hoped that they would continue and beat the game together, maybe even get out of this game and get together as well. That was what she hoped for, but things were easier said then done. Death in this game was inevitable and despite the fact that she was making good progress, a surprise could cause her downfall and her death. Such a small thing could destroy a person and one mistake can cause death. That is this game. But there are also great moments in this game as well, especially the scenery. Her healing wasn’t that far off from being maxed either. Soon enough, she will be sure to recover and gain healing. A smirk appeared once more as she found yet another apple for her to take.

+1 Materials (4)

Edited by Kasier

ID: 69303
LD: 17

Kasier knew that she already had enough materials. She had been searching for materials for quite a while now but she was still sure that she had only failed once so far. That was quite the accomplishment and luck. Even level thirty players can fail greatly at searching for materials so for a low-leveled player like her to get this amount of materials was quite the feat and she was glad that she had been out here today. With the newfound materials, she would be sure to grab a bunch of crystals and potions from alchemy shops as well as equipment from blacksmith and tailor shops. Kasier was pleased, that was what she wanted from this material gathering session and no doubt, she had received exactly what she desired from this material gathering session. Excellent. She thought, seeing that there was one more apple for her to grab and claim as her material. Let see… This should be enough but my luck cannot be denied. Let’s get a few more. She thought, walking forwards deeper into the forest.

+1 Material (5)

Edited by Kasier

ID: 69304
LD: 1

As soon as she realized that her luck was brilliant, her luck turned against her once more. It was pathetic sometimes, that such an inconsistent feature exists within this game. Such a luck-based system just should not exist in this game. However, just like she thought before, this feature in this game really wasn’t that bad. It was just annoying and agitating sometimes because of how idiotic it is when you are trying to search for a material. There was no pattern to this, and that is why Kasier hates to gather materials, especially with no loot dice boosts. A sigh followed, as she found no materials in the surrounding area before she turned directions and making sure that she doesn’t get lost in the darkness of the woods. Maybe there will be more materials on this side of the forest. She decided, hoping that her guess would come out to be true.

Edited by Kasier

ID: 69308
LD: 11

Kasier decided that she would head back and complete the rest of the quest now. Indeed, it would take a while for her to reach the shop once again and she already skipped lunch so she would require dinner now. That’s right, there was no way that she would skip dinner on such a day of success. In fact, she would treat herself to steak in the shop that she came from on the first floor where the shop wasn’t crowded and the floor wasn’t loud. However, before she makes her way out of the forest, she would glance around the area to make sure that there was nothing left that she can easily take and claim as a material. After confirming that she had grabbed everything that she can possibly grab around her, she made her way out of the forest by retracing the path that she took to get to her current location.

Edited by Kasier

Kasier, after making her way through the eleventh floor safe zone, walks into the shop in which she had been assigned the quest to see that the shop was just as busy as the shop that she had seen that morning. The same shop seemed to have constant business, perhaps because this was one of the only shops on this floor. It didn’t matter to Kasier though, because she was about to receive the materials that she had gathered and the experience and skill points that she would receive as well.

“Greetings once again, cook Alex of the eleventh floor. I have returned and am seeking to share with you what I discovered from the forests of this floor.” Kasier said, as soon as she walked back into the shop.

“Sorry, as you and your advanced English can see, I am currently busy with dealing with all these customers that are seeking for my service."

“I will be honest with you, dear sir. I despise your manners and I hate how you act and say things that you want to say without thinking. It is not wise to keep someone who willingly helps you waiting, and I do not have time to wait for you either. Here are the apples that I collected from the forest. I will keep these apples for these were gathered by my hard work. Now, these apples were from the forest located to the east of the safe zone, if you so wish to gather materials on your own time, feel free to head out there and grab materials at your leisure. I will bid you farewell and good luck to your business.” Kasier finished, inserting her apples back into her inventory.

“Hamm… Pathetic.” He mouthed, cursing under his breath in stress and frustration. “That rude little girl talks like she is the queen or something.

“Your friend was very rude.” Kasier said simply once she walked into Steven’s house on the first floor. “He didn’t seem to appreciate my willingness to help him.” She further explained, “Please, Mr. Steven, I would like a piece of steak for dinner.” Kasier finished her speech.

“Yes, I am aware of his rudeness. I am sorry on his behalf and I will now start on the steak immediately.” The cook spoke before getting right to the steak.

“I am very glad that most NPCs are like you Steven.”

“That is an overstatement.”

A moment of silence passed and soon enough, the cook brought the steak to Kasier’s table and placed it on her plate.

“Thank you very much, Steven.”

“Indeed, I am aware of your tiredness, thank you very much for your help.”

“No problem, Steven.”

And with that, Steven retreated into the back of the shop to clean up his kitchen and Kasier finished off the steak in the emptiness of the shop.