[PP - F1] Road to 25 <Itzal> (Complete)

Beatbox had been tracking his EXP very closely, and the other day he had just hit level 24 while with Baldur, and he had noticed that he is very very close to level 25, which means one level from now... he has access to Rank 2 items and enhancements... which could potentially bring him to the frontlines faster and very soon. Beatbox couldn't help contain his excitement, he wanted to get the remaining EXP needed to get there, he wanted to fight some mob's to get the remaining EXP, however he wanted to see someone else with him as he grew to level 25... he figured to bring Itzal along with him. He opened his menu and began to send Itzal a message:

To @Itzal:

Topic: 25.

No more words needed, come find me on floor one. I am dangerously close to level 25. Come fight along side me and see me get to Rank 2.

- Beatbox.

And sent the message and waited for him in the plains were Boar's were, but he stayed away from them and waited for Itzal to appear. He was so excited to get to level 25, he was hoping he would show up soon.

Itzal was making his way across the second floor when he heard his inbox go off.  When he opened to check the messages he smiled as he noticed Beatbox had sent it.  Since their last encounter Beatbox had been rather silent and he was glad to hear from him again.  When he opened and read the message he was glad that his friend had kept busy, but the message seemed a bit tense he thought.  Still, he wanted to hang out a little more.  Itzal made his way swiftly back to the town and arrived at the teleport.  "Teleport, floor one, town of beginnings."  When he arrived he quickly sprinted up to the roofs to make his way faster over to the destination.  When he leaped over the wall and into a tree he descended and made his way over to the area.  When he reached the spot he caught sight of Beatbox and his flashy outfit.  He grinned and walked up to his friend.  "Hey Beatbox!  Congrats!  So excited for you and I can't wait to see it happen!  Can't wait to see that new gear of yours get made!  So what monster are we fighting today?  Varx and I took care of a few other- oh yeah you don't know about him, never mind I said anything."  He couldn't imagine how long it would take to fully explain Varx and his wolf pack to Beatbox and he doubted his friend wanted to hear that right now.

@Beatbox

Beatbox waited a bit at the location to wait for Itzal to arrive, he was rather excited to get to level 25 today, he was so excited and he had an image of a sword in his mind ready for when he hits level 25, he smiled and looked at Ocarina and patted his furry head, "Almost level 25 Ocarina... I can't wait for it buddy!" he said to him giggling. Without much time Itzal had arrived, Beatbox stood up and waved to him "Hey Itzal!" and walked towards him until they eventually met. He listened to him speak and he looked at him with a smile and said to him "Oh... I bet you can't wait to see my new equipment get made! I have a special design for a sword that I have been waiting to do for the longest time, and uh, I figured to just fight some simple Boars to get the little EXP I need left to level up..." he had heard Itzal say "Varx" and that name doesn't strike a bell when he mentions that name, he looked at Itzal with a confused look as they walked toward the area where they could fight some Boars and said "Varx...? Who is this Varx Itzal?"

@Itzal

Player Stats - Beatbox: (Level 24)

HP: 480 - EN: 48 - DMG: 8 - EVA: 3 - ACC: 3 - MIT: 7

"I said not to, oh forget it, you're never gonna let this go are you?"  He chuckled as he drew Ascendant's Rosario and switched to Niger Natio, equipping Oblivion Ring as well.  "How about this, let me tell you while we take down one or two monsters ok?"  He looked over and nodded to Ocarina with a smile.  "Sup buddy?  How are you doing?"  He glanced at the nearby mobs and gave a sharp whistle to get their attention.  When they turned he looked around before calling out.  "I know I haven't beaten the crap out of you guys for a while, so how about we have another round?"  The boar's looked at each other as if to say 'is he serious?' when suddenly one was hit hard on the head with a rock and they turned to Itzal.  He shrugged with a grin and they charged.  Itzal took his stance.  "Ok, Varx, well first off he's not a player.  He's actually a warg...  Man this is going to be an interesting fight/discussion."

Mob info:  4 Boar  <>  340 hp  <>  10 dmg

@Beatbox

"Nah I don't roll like that." he giggled in response, he listened to him speak and he said to him in response "Ah sure, let's get right into the battle then." he walked off into the distance to where he saw a group of Boar's together... he thought it would be perfect to strike down. His familiar Ocarina had barked at Itzal in the manner that it felt like he had said "Fine!". He had heard Itzal whistle to the Boar's attention and all four of them sprang their attention to the both of us. Beatbox had saw the opportunity and he pulled out his Sword of Legion and ran towards them while using his concentration skill. He had performed an AoE combo and had struck all of them and dealt a fairly good amount of damage, practically the same he's been doing for the past few weeks. He lunged back to hear him talk about this "Varx" and he sighed "a warg huh? we're you hallucinating? because last time I checked wolves don't talk." he said to him with a confused look.

@Itzal

ID: 69806 - BD: 2+3+1=6 (Concentration Used) - MD: 1

Sword Art Used: Vertical Square = 7+1=(8)*(4x1)= 32

Beatbox: 480/480 EN: 40/48 [Hate: 1 (All)]

Itzal: 680/680 EN: 68/68 [Hate: 0]

Boar1: 308/340 -32

Boar2: 308/340 -32

Boar3: 308/340 -32

Boar4: 308/340 -32

When Beatbox leaped back and questioned his sanity Itzal shook his head.  "No no, they didn't talk.  But you know how sometimes you can figure out what your familiar is saying from how he acts?  Velnia and I had that, so I learned how to tell what animals were thinking by their reactions and tone.  It's a long story and I could either explain the details to you or-"  He cut himself short when he was forced to block one of the boar's attacks and shoved him off.  Itzal rushed at the four and leaped into the air, his sword releasing a bolt of purple energy at the four monsters but it wasn't enough to land bleeding.  When he landed he watched their eyes turn to him.  He looked at his friend.  "Or the short version which is pretty much the end result." With that he parried and deflected the boar's attacks before jumping into the air, off of their backs, and once again by Beatbox, whom he tapped on the shoulder.  "Tag, your it."

ID#  69807  BD:  4+2=6  CD:  5

Lightning Fall used:  8x7=56 dmg.  - 14 energy

Itzal:  680/680  <>  54/68

Beatbox:  480/480  <>  40/48

Boar:  252/340

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

"Oh gee, what's next Itzal...? You gonna develop another personality or something towards these mobs?" he asked him teasingly. He had watched him strike against all four of the mobs and he saw that he had done a MASSIVE amounts of damage towards all four of them, in shock Beatbox had looked at him while he was fighting "Jesus! When the hell did you learn how to do all that damage from the last time we had fought together? Did I miss something or...?" he said with shock, giggling afterwards. He had been tapped on his back saying that it was his turn, and without much thought Beatbox had lunged himself forward to the four and prepares another AoE on all of them, they all attempted to strike against Beatbox... but he was too fast for all of them, he had unleashed his AoE that he had been preparing and dealt a good amount of damage to all four of them again, he leaped back and told to Itzal "You're up."

@Itzal

ID: 69808 - BD: 4+3=7 - MD: 4-3=1

Sword Art Used: Vertical Square = 7+1=(8)*(4x1)= 32

Beatbox: 480/480 EN: 33/48 [Hate: 2 (All)]

Itzal: 680/680 EN: 54/68 [Hate: 1 (All)]

Boar1: 220/340 -32

Boar2: 220/340 -32

Boar3: 220/340 -32

Boar4: 220/340 -32

Foregoing Action

Itzal listened to Beatbox and wondered if he had told him about Ulises.  Then he realized he hadn't found the time to do so.  "We uh, we might need several fights to explain everything...  Let's just start with Varx for now though.  You still haven't answered, long or short version.  Also, I grandmastered my sword art.  But this is as good as my damage is going to get for quite a while unfortunately.  Focusing on scouting skills you know."  He watched as the boar attacked Beatbox but his friend evaded all three.  When he told Itzal it was his turn he charged the boars.  They narrowed their eyes and...  Fled.  They ran away from him but kept near Beatbox.  Itzal stood there shocked.  Impressed that they had wisely retreated for now but shocked.  He looked at Beatbox with a shrug.  "I'll try to catch them by surprise the next round.  For now it's your turn!"  He flourished his blade before running along the edge of the field, hoping to catch them from behind.

ID#  69809  CD:  12

Itzal:  680/680  <>  57/68

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had looked over to Itzal saying that they would need multiple fights just to explain everything, he looked at him with a bit of disappointment and told out to him "...well we will only need this one if you keep standing there and not attacking. Even with a maxed out sword skill, you wont be dealing any damage if you don't try to attack them. Just saying." he said as he watched him as it was his turn to strike against the mobs, and he watched him promptly... not try to attack them. He looked at him with a angered look "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" he yelled out to him. "GO AFTER THEM!" he yelled out as he didn't pay attention to the Boars that we're running towards him, he looked over and immediately got hit by all four boars. In anger he stood up and tried to attack them, however... he failed. He growled and jumped back, and looked towards him and yelled out to him "Your turn... unless you're too scared."

@Itzal

ID: 69810 - BD: 1 - MD: 9-3=6

Sword Art Used: Failed Attempt.

Beatbox: 443/480 EN: 32/48 [Hate: 2 (All)] -37

Itzal: 680/680 EN: 57/68 [Hate: 2 (All)]

Boar1: 220/340 

Boar2: 220/340 

Boar3: 220/340 

Boar4: 220/340 (10+1=11*44-7=37)

When Itzal heard his friend yell at him with an angered look he paused and gave out a loud sigh.  "You know, if you're going to get angry at me for very single action I make, we're going to have some problems.  How about you have some faith and TRUST ME?"  As he talked he was running towards the boar.  They were focused on Beatbox with all his yelling and when Itzal himself yelled he was already on top of them, striking at each of them before shooting another bolt of energy at them, sending them stumbling backwards before turning to look his friend in the eye.  "Listen Beat.  There's a difference between being scared, and choosing to change tactics.  Running at the enemy screaming and slashing at them wildly isn't going to win every battle.  Sometimes you have to choose a more discrete, less obvious approach.  That's what the phrase 'getting the jump on them' means!  So next time If I say I'm going to try to surprise them, and run off to try finding a blind spot, DON'T GET PISSED AT ME!"  He wasn't normally angry but with Beatbox losing his fuse lately he was getting a little agitated.  Didn't Beatbox have any faith or trust in him?  Surely he knew Itzal wouldn't just run away like that and leave him.

ID#  69811  BD:  7  CD:  5  MD:  2-3=1

Itzal:  680/680  <>  43/68

Boar:  164/340

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had looked back to Itzal and hearing him out instead of yelling at him to stop talking, once he was done talking he said out to him "Look, I wouldn't be this mad if you would... I don't know... Make an EFFORT to try to attack them, even if you fail. Just stand back up and try again, don't let them just RUN away. There's your opening, take the d*** opening!" he said as he listened to Itzal once more as he had striked against all four mobs and he listened to him with an angered look. "Well sometimes Itzal you shouldn't be thinking of strategies DURING combat, you've fought mob's like these before. I'd had already expected you to know their movement patterns. Because they are all the same giant piles of bacon you realize. And again, even if you miss... stand up and fight again." he said as he turned around and lunged towards them to fight against them, he had performed and AoE combo again hitting all of them and dealing a good amount of damage, all four of them tried attacking the blonde haired popstar, but all failed.

@Itzal

ID: 69812 - BD: 9 - MD: 4-3=1

Sword Art Used:  Vertical Square = 7+1+1=(9)*(4x1)= 36

Beatbox: 443/480 EN: 32/48 [Hate: 3 (All)]

Itzal: 680/680 EN: 57/68 [Hate: 3 (All)]

Boar1: 128/340 -36 

Boar2: 128/340 -36

Boar3: 128/340 -36

Boar4: 128/340 -36

Itzal listened to his friend and he still couldn't understand why he was so upset.  He shook his head with his arms to his side.  "Is that really a reason to yell?"  He noted the boar tried to attack again and rolled his eyes before striking the four of them with the flat of his sword, dazing them and tossing them away from the duo.  "Listen.  You have your ways to fight and I have mine.  I'm sorry if I don't fight precisely how you wish I did, but I'm not you.  We're all different with our own minds and personalities.  We should be doing this with flexibility, not a strict set of orders to follow.  I like to enjoy myself during combat, during material gathering, during anything really.  I try to have fun no matter what because we only have one life, one shot.  And I don't want to waste a second of it.  How about we try this again ok?  And this time, we could try talking normal."  He chuckled before readying his sword.

ID#  69813  BD:  2  CD:  9

Itzal:  680/680  <>  56/68

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

"Listen Itzal. You'll understand why I get so mad if you knew what I truly went through. You had parents you at least remember having good times with, I had ones that left me to rot. My father only yelled at me, even if it we're things I didn't do. My mom didn't do anything to stop him. I wish both of my parents we're dead. He made my anger to where I am now... I can't stand it anymore Itzal..." he said with tears. He shook off his tears and let out a war cry as he ran towards the boars doing another AoE on all of them. He dodged out of the way of the four's attacks and he lunged back to Itzal. He fell to the ground in tears "I have nothing to look forward to when I get out of here... me and mossino broke up... my past guild left me as well... I don't want to see any of my family anymore... I kind of wish this game wont end in a way... and my anger is getting the best of me Itzal..." he said as he stood back up once more with his sword. 

@Itzal

ID: 69814 - BD: 9 - MD: 2-3=1

Sword Art Used:  Vertical Square = 7+1+1=(9)*(4x1)= 36

Beatbox: 443/480 EN: 25/48 [Hate: 6 (All - Fixed anger as hate is increased by 1 each crit, my hate should be here.)]

Itzal: 680/680 EN: 56/68 [Hate: 3 (All)]

Boar1: 96/340 -36 

Boar2: 96/340 -36

Boar3: 96/340 -36

Boar4: 96/340 -36

Itzal struck at the mobs but missed, and stopped when he heard beatbox speak up.  The moment he heard about Alisa breaking up with Beatbox he looked at his friend with sorrow and concern.  When Beatbox finished Itzal held out a hand at the monsters.  "Just a minute porkchops," he said, completely catching the monsters by surprised long enough to confuse them and allow him to talk to Beat, tears in his own eyes.  Now was not the time for advice.  Now was not the time to try to comfort him.  For when you're friends weep, you weep with them.  Itzal sat down beside Beatbox and when he stopped talking tears were streaming down Itzal's own face.  He placed an arm around his friend and sat there, letting his actions speak for him.  The four boar watching this whole ordeal were completely confused as to what was actually going on.  One looked to the other and it shrugged at it's companion.

ID#  69815  BD:  2  CD:  2

Itzal:  680/680  <>  55/68

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox shook his head as he tried to place an arm around him, he had stood up with his sword with tears roaming down his face with an angered look "Now is not the time for that..." he said with a growl. His sword glowed a bright white as he ran towards the four boar's with a war-cry and he struck all four of them with an AoE attack critically hitting all four of them, dealing a great amount of damage to all four of them, he looked at the boars with a bit of anger and he dodged out of the way of all four of their attempts to hit against the blonde haired pop star. He lunged back and fell to the ground once more with his hands on his head as he shook his head "I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE, I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE." he said violently as he shook his head more, there is no way he wanted to go back home with nothing to look forward to other than seeing some of the SAO survivors.

ID: 69816 - BD: 10 - MD: 6-3=3

Sword Art Used:  Vertical Square = 7+1+2=(10)*(4x1)= 40

Beatbox: 443/480 EN: 25/48 [Hate: 8 (All)]

Itzal: 680/680 EN: 56/68 [Hate: 3 (All)]

Boar1: 56/340 -40 

Boar2: 56/340 -40

Boar3: 56/340 -40

Boar4: 56/340 -40

As Beatbox pushed upward in anger and charged the monsters he watched in sadness as he heard his friend roar.  However there was nothing he could do for his friend at the moment.  And thus he picked up his sword which felt ten times as heavy as usual.  He had no wish to switch gear and collect a reward from this battle.  Either way it would be a hallow victory in Itzal's eyes.  Instead he simply charged forward and struck at the monsters.  They dodged his attack, terrified of Beatbox in his wrathful state and tried to lean more towards where Itzal was striking to avoid him.  The tears dried quickly in the wind but his eyes showed the pain he felt for his friend.  Itzal wanted more than ever to help his friend, but he knew he couldn't help Beatbox if Beatbox didn't want any help.

ID#  69817  BD:  1  CD:  1

Itzal:  680/680  <>  54/68

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

"I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE BACK TO MY FATHER, IT'S NOT WHAT I WANT. I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE. I DON'T, I DON'T!" he yelled out into the air in rage about his past, his father had pushed him around maybe just a tad bit too much as Beatbox had let out how much anger he had been balling up inside, in a flash Beatbox ran up to the four boars and struck them all with another AoE attack dealing a lot of damage to all four of them, they all attempted to try to attack the player that entered a frenzy... but ended up failing. Beatbox let out a smirk and a laugh as his eyes spoke of "rage and anger" as he looked at all four of them. "You all remind me of my father... helpless when I fight back..." he laughed almost evilly. Beatbox knew what he was saying was wrong, he just wanted to get all of his anger out hoping that it would go away eventually. He looked back to Itzal with his messed up smile and said in a singing manner "It's your tuuuuurrrrn~"

@Itzal

ID: 69818 - BD: 7 - MD: 4-3=1

Sword Art Used:  Vertical Square = 7+1=(8)*(4x1)= 32

Beatbox: 443/480 EN: 18/48 [Hate: 9 (All)]

Itzal: 680/680 EN: 54/68 [Hate: 3 (All)]

Boar1: 24/340 -32

Boar2: 24/340 -32

Boar3: 24/340 -32

Boar4: 24/340 -32

Itzal watched with pain as Beatbox roared about his father, how he didn't want to be alone, about weakness and such.  As his friend went on Itzal could only think of one thing.  When he himself was in a wrathful state with his own friend, and he eventually fought his wrath face to face.  And saw what he looked like in that state.  So when Beatbox turned to Itzal, he looked at his own reflection.  Itzal had pulled out a large shard of ice he had collected during the avalanche quest and was now showing Beatbox what he looked like right now.  After ten seconds he put it back, charged his sword art and without moving his position, launched a bolt of energy at the three monsters, killing them all.  He stared at his friend for a few moments before speaking.  "You're not alone Beatbox, and you'll never be alone.  When we escape this game I intend on finding all of you guys and I will never let any of you go.  Nothing you, or your father say or do will ever change that.  He can't touch you any more, not now not ever.  When you get out of here you don't have to live with him.  But before you get out you need to think about what kind of person you want to become...  I was shown my own reflection and I had to make a choice.  A simple one yet difficult.  I didn't have someone to help me out then.  I'm here if you need me Beatbox.  Don't ever think otherwise."

ID#  69819  BD:  7  LD:  2

Lightning fall used

All monsters dead

Both players get 2 MAT

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had looked at his own reflection at the ice shard, "What has my life gone too...?" he thought to himself as his looked turned to horror to what he had just become... he looked at his hands and dropped his sword and fell to the ground one last final time. He had looked over to see that Itzal had killed the four boar's successfully. He looked back down and realized at what had happened with himself, tears dripped down his face to his hands before the menu appeared in front of him. Level Up! The menu said, typically at this point Beatbox would be extremely happy that he had reached this far into the game, heck he now has access to Rank 2 enhancements working properly. But what had happened made Beatbox just not really care about it right now. He listened to Itzal's words, but he shook his head. He gulped and tried to breathe as his hands we're shaking to close the pop-up that had appeared in front of him. "I...I should go..." he said as he stood up to walk away from the area back to the town of beginnings.

Itzal watched as his friend's face switched to utter horror from what he saw in the reflection.  He watched his friend fall to the ground and he heard his friend say he needed to go and watched him run.  When this happened to Itzal, he had found a secluded place and cried the entire night away.  That was the day he had met Jonathan, entered a duel with him, and suddenly snapped.  His friend told Itzal he heard about a quest called calming the soul and that quest started him on a journey to who he was today.  He sighed as he knew all was up to Beatbox at this point.  There was nothing else he could do for his friend.  With a heavy heart he made his way to the town himself, yet at a much slower pace.  Anger was a powerful emotion, and could provide strength.  But unless it was under complete control, it will consume the person.  It almost consumed Itzal.  More than anyone could ever know.