[PP-F1] Two's a Party (Completed)

She couldn't control her smile as Aereth brought up the Zelda games. "I heard about those, where the chickens all gang up on you if you try attacking one?" Birdie let out a short laugh as she remembered the video in which a player assaulted the chickens, resulting in a troupe of the animals coming to swarm them. "If you can't kill the chickens in one hit, keep an eye on the other mobs, yeah?" A smile was given towards Aereth, before she switched her focus to the enemies at hand.

The bridge came and went, and as she went to open the wooden gates separating the two from the farmyard, she turned to her friend one last time. "Ready to kill some mobs? We might be here for a while," she informed him, slowing pulling the gate open. From out the corner of her eye she noticed a small blur charging straight at her, one of the aforementioned chickens was already within hate range of the pair. She drew her sword and stood ready, awaiting its approach. "Someone's interested already!" she shouted, her voice almost excited as she looked to Aereth. "Would like to do the honours?"

ID# 70125
BD: 2+2=4 Miss
MD: 4 MIss

Birdie: 380/380 HP (37/38 EN)

Chicken: 4/4 HP

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aereth noticed the smile on Birdies face as he talked about the chickens from the zelda games. "Yeah, exactly. Better not piss them off. But thankfully we aren't playing Zelda right now." He said while still laughing. She then informed him that if he wasn't able to kill the chickens with one hit, that he should keep an eye on the other mobs to which Aereth nodded. Returning the smile the both switched their focus on the enemies.

As the went to open the wooden gate of the farmyard Birdie asked if he was ready to kill some mobs and that they were going to spend some time in here. "Yes, I'm more than ready." As she pulled the gate open, they saw a small blur charging at them. Aereth didn't even notice what Birdie was shouting at him as he changed into his battle mode. His expression changed to a dead serious one and he got in his battle stance. "Would like to do the ho.." she couldn't even finish her sentence as Aereth took of at his max speed to intercept the attacking chicken. He wouldn't let it attack his female friend if it could be avoided. He charged his <<Vertical Square>> Sword Art after he drew his Sword of Legions out of its sheath while running. Around him spawned three more chickens. Milliseconds before he and the first chicken met head on, he released his Sword Art and split the first chicken in half. As it scattered into little polygons, he continued to attack the other three chickens and also destroyed them in one hit. Retreating back to Birdie he took an defensive stance in front of her.

Spoiler

ID# 70129 results:

Battle: 6 Thank godness...
MOB: 8

Aereth: 220/220 <<14/22>>

Chicken A: 0/4 DEAD
Chicken B: 0/4 DEAD
Chicken C: 0/4 DEAD
Chicken D: 0/4 DEAD

Materials: 1
Quest Items: 3 <<Noble Wood>>, +4 <<Normal Animal Fat>>

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth

"Huh?" Birdie stood and watched as Aereth charged past her, throwing himself into the deep end of farm monsters. One by one the chickens fell, succumbing to the devastating force of her scouting partner's AoE attacks before he retreated to safety.

"O-okay!" She called out, impressed by what she'd seen. "Even if these monsters will always fall in one hit, that was pretty impressive swordplay right there! Keep that up and we'll be finished here in no time." Another chicken popped into existence a few dozen metres away, and Birdie cracked a smile as she pointed the tip of her weapon towards the foe.

Charging up her attack, Birdie's blade became blanketed in a thin layer of blue mist as she dashed forwards, counting each step forwards. In one swift jab her rapier pierced the chicken's body, and she turned on the balls of her feet to jump back to safety as it exploded into thousands of tiny particles behind her. "Alright! 5 down,already, good stuff!" She turned to Aereth. "Say, what's the strongest monster you've fought so far?"

ID# 70130
BD: 8+2
MB: 2
LD: 6+4=10 <<No extra loot>>

Birdie 380/380 HP (37/38 EN)

Chicken: 0/4 HP <<Gained 1 Normal Fat>>

Birdie's Loot:

6 Noble Wood
12 Materials
1 Normal Fat

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

As Aereth retreated back to Birdies side she was seemingly impressed by his little stunt. Smiling but never loosing his focus he answered. "Thanks for your nice words. But right now I'm far away from where I want to be regarding my combat skills and speed."

Just as he finished his sentence another four chicken spawned before them. "I'll use my <<Vertical Square>> skill one more time before I have to regain my energy. I will guard your back then, but won't participate actively in combat unless it's needed. Because if I wait out of combat until my energy is full again, I'm able to do two of my AoE attacks again, which is more efficient than stabbing them one by one."

After that he sped again towards the low leveled chickens with his sword art charged. And again after he released his sword art, all the chickens were split into half. Retreating back to Birdies side he took an defensive stance behind her and started to regain his energy.

Spoiler

ID# 70135 results:

Battle: 10
 Loot: 12
 MOB: 2

Aereth: 220/220 <<6/22>>

Materials: 1 + 4 = 5 from last attack, since I rolled a 15 on the LD of ID#70129
Quest Items: 3 <<Noble Wood>>, 4 + 4 = 8 <<Normal Animal Fat>>

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth

Birdie acknowledged his need to rest and regain energy, giving him a brief nod before he charged into another horde of defenceless chickens. 'Sweeping attacks take a lot of energy. Not that I'd know the feeling, my weapon class has pretty much no utility...' She thought back to the list of attacks available in her 'Sword Arts' menu. Other than a few stuns, one of which requiring the Martial Arts skill, there was little else other than pure single target attacks, causing an inconvenience when trying to farm groups of mobs.

Shaking the thought, she got her head back into the game. A far away chicken locked eyes with her and turned its body to face the player, and she mimicked the gesture with her sword. 'For a one-sided fight with a chicken, this feels awfully intense.Before her trail of thought could continue the chicken clucked fiercely, charging for the rapier wielder. She huffed and awaited its approach, smiting it down a single whip of her rapier that sent it bursting into a stream of polygons. "That's fine, by my count we're already about one third of the way to our minimum goal, not factoring in the stuff we collected yesterday. We'll still finish this up pretty fast!"

She relaxed her blade and angled it towards the next enemy. "Wanna gather in the mean time? If you want, I can stay near the fence and fight any chickens that come close. Wouldn't mind having a go at the bigger animals.." Her eyes fell on a feral pig, limbs short and stubby with a little ribbon tied around its belly. 

ID# 70154
BD: 10 Hit
MB: 9
LD: 4

Birdie: 380/380 HP (37/38 EN)

Chicken: 0/4 HP <<Gained 1 Normal Fat>>

Birdie's Loot:

6 Noble Wood
12 Materials
2 Normal Fat

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

After getting a brief nod from Birdie, Aereth sheathed his sword and put it back on his back. Birdie had the situation very good under control.

Birdie said to Aereth that he could look around the farm for some materials while his energy-bar was refilling to which Aereth nodded. "That's a good idea. There must be some useful materials around the farm. But don't worry I'm staying in your range so that I can step in if anything happens to you." He gave her a thumbs up with a smile and made his way out of the farmyard. As he got outside, he used a nearby tree to launch himself on the roof of the farmyard to get a better overview over the area. He tried his best to spot anything gather-able, but wasn't able to find just one material. Then he saw his blue-haired partner going after a pig, which made Aereth chuckle. "Looks like we're going to have pork today."

Spoiler

ID# 70185 results:

Loot: 3

Aereth: 220/220 <<7/22>> +1

Materials: 5
Quest Items: 3 <<Noble Wood>>, 8 <<Normal Animal Fat>>

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth

"Don't count on it," she grinned, giving the man a nod before he disappeared behind her. Left to her own devices while he regained energy, Birdie exercised her hold on her weapon's grip and took a step forwards, scanning the field for any mobs that were ripe for harvesting. Chicken spawns were sparse, probably due to the miniature slaughter that the two scouts had caused moments ago, and as she came to rest by a small tree nearby, the pig popped into her field of view once more.

Retaliation's point reactively hovered over the pig's head, one of Birdie's eyes closing as she measured the distance between herself and her prey. One foot was poised behind the other, a calm and steady breath escaping the girl's lungs as she prepared her attack.

She bolted, speeding towards her opponent from a stopped position. Her blade became a blue blur of light as energy swivelled around the blade's ridge, leaving a trail of dust as she reached her enemy.

"Huh?" Aereth's words barely registered but they were enough to distract her from the hit; a split-second decision allowed her to correct the mistake, adjusting her blade's position just enough to drive it through the pig's torso. Breathing a sigh of relief, she glanced up to the man and a smirk. "Hell yeah we are!" The pig exploded into a stream of polygons, leaving Birdie with another quest item that automatically wound up in her inventory.

"See any chickens? They're way easier to hit," she asked him, hoping Aereth's position offered a better view of the mobs.

ID# 70206
BD: 5+2 Hit
LD: 10 No extra loot

Birdie: 380/380 HP (32 EN) <<Crucifixion Sword Art used>>  -6 Energy

Pig: 0/40 HP <<Gained 1 Normal Fat>>

Birdie's Loot:

6 Noble Wood
12 Materials
3 Normal Fat

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

OOC: Is the energy full with the third post or after it?

Aereth saw how Birdie charged at the pig and got distracted from his comment. "S*it, I'm so dumb" he thought and immediately pulled his sword. But just as he was about to help Birdie, she was able to readjust her blade again in order to kill the freaking pig. Relaxing Aereth put his sword back into its sheath. As Birdie finally replied to his comment he had to let out a heartly laugh. "Sorry for distracting you, but that was a very nice safe."

She then asked him if he could spot any chickens form the roof of the farmyard. "On the oppisite side of the farm I spotted some of them. But unfortunately I wasn't able to find any materials. I'm close to max energy, so I'll join you again now." he told his bluenette partner and jumped down the roof. As he made contact with the ground, he rolled himself to soften the impact and made his way to his partner.

Spoiler

ID# 70224 results:

Loot: 10

Aereth: 220/220 <<8/22>> + 1

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth

"Not at all!" she called out, waving a hand to dispel any fault from Aereth. It was her fault for getting distracted; a player should always make sure to stay focused on the target, being weary of yet not succumbing to distractions unless they're a threat.

"Awesome, thanks- sure thing," she replied, watching as the other scout clambered down from atop the roof. She went to meet him halfway, trying to get a good view of the other side of the farm as they reconvened. Flashing him a smile as they were reunited, she made way for opposite side of the field, admiring the farmhouse as they passed by. "I wonder if there's a quest tied to this place... looks a little too 'organised' to be a random location, right?" The barn seemed to be in working order, the paint sporting a bright red colour and clearly not faded.

As the chickens came into view, she cracked a smile and glanced to Aereth. "Wanna hit 'em first? I can fight any stragglers that try to run away." A hand floated above her sheathed rapier, ready to initiate combat.

Edited by Birdie

"Still I should be more carefull when my partner is in battle." He really didn't want her to get hurt because of his stupidity.

As she met Aereth halfway down the roof, she flashed him a smile which he gladly returned. "Glad you're unharmed." he said while gently hitting her shoulder. She then talked about how this whole place looked like quest aera because it seemed a little bit too organised to be a random location. "Maybe you're right. I'll definitely mark this place on my map and as soon as possible look of there is a quest tied to it. And of course I'd call you then to get it done together, since we also found this place together." Then a thought crossed Aereths mind. "Maybe you are able to buy that farmyard. Lets look for a sign or something after we cleared the NPC's around here.

Then as the chickenns came into view Birdie asked if he wanted to get the first hit on them to which Aereth nodded. "Yeah I'll take down the first four and get their attention. Then you can come in and hit them on your own." As Aereth finished his explanations, he drew his sword and charged his <<Vertical Square>> sword art. He slowly walked into the hate range of the first four chickens, and as the first one attacked he let go of his sword art, killing it instantly. He then started to run at the remaining chickens and increased his speed with every dead chicken. After all four of them were down, he retreated back in front of Birdie and took an defensive stance, ready for any attacking chicken.

Spoiler

ID# 70252 results:

Battle: 8
 Loot: 15 Nice Nice Nice, gimme that loot ^^

Aereth: 220/220 <<14/22>>

Materials: 5 + 4 = 9
Quest Items: 3 <<Noble Wood>>, 8 + 4 = 12 <<Normal Animal Fat>>

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth

Birdie's eyes searched the air for a moment as Aereth suggested the barn might be for sale. 'I don't remember seeing any property for sale on any floor lower than the 10th... wouldn't hurt to check it out at least.' After considering the possibility, her attention was torn away as she heard the scout's voice again, and Birdie nodded deftly with a smile. "Gotcha, don't kill 'em all without me," she joked, retrieving her weapon from its scabbard.

She watched as Aereth charged, smiting each enemy down as he masterfully phased between them. Birdie gave him a brief clap session at the sight before he returned to her side, and loosed a sigh as her turn to strike arose. "Not bad," she complimented, locking eyes with a chicken a little ways out. With no need to activate a sword art, she hastily charged the enemy, ensuring it had no time to react before driving the end of her blade into the poor creature. It poofed into particles, leaving her with an additional quest item that wound up in her inventory.

She loosed a thankful sigh, turning to Aereth a second later. "Halfway there!" On her way back to the man, she noticed a small mail icon floating above the barn's mailbox- 'An indicator for a quest?' "Wonder what that is," she pointed it out to her friend, "Think we should check it out afterwards?"

ID#70271
BD: 3+2+1 (Concentration used- a mistake earlier falsely activated the skill, sorry >.<) Hit
LD: 10+4=14 <<No extra loot>>

Birdie: 380/380 HP (32/38 EN)

Birdie's Loot:

6 Noble Wood
12 Materials
4 Normal Fat

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Aereth was a little bit surprised at Birdies clap session but quickly figured out what to do. He turned to face her and said. "It's an honor for me to entertain you, Milady." He was interested how she would react to this kind of gesture and tried his best to remain serious. Unfortunately he wasn't able to do so very long and started to chuckle, and after some seconds the chuckling turned into laughter. "Haha, jokes aside thank you for your praise, means a lot to me." He said to her with a warm smile. He really enjoyed her company and her ability to place a big smile on the faces of people.

She then gracefully slayed a virtual chicken herself and pointed to a Quest Indicator which was floating above the barn's mailbox. "Yes this would be a good idea. I can get one more AoE attack in before I have to rest again, so if you want we could inspect it after this attack." He told his bluehaired partner.

After finishing the sentence he charged his <<Vertical Square>> skill once more and again laid waste on the remaining four chickens. Finishing the last chicken, he slowly sheathed his sword on his back and started to walk back towards Birdie. Slowly he was getting a feeling for the combat system in here. He would challenge a harder monster in the near future to see how much he was able to learn in the short time he had been Itzal's apprentice.

Spoiler

ID# 70278 results:

Battle: 6

Aereth: 220/220 <<6/22>>

Materials: 9
Quest Items: 3 <<Noble Wood>>, 12 + 4 = 16 <<Normal Animal Fat>>

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth

Her clapping gradually slowed to a halt, his words striking her as only a tad strange. She elected to shrug them off and smile, though his break down into laughter told her that he hadn't meant them seriously. She smiled and rolled her eyes in response, surveying the field ahead as he thanked her a second time. "Any time."

A group of wandering chickens innocently walked into Aereth's murder path, rendering them his prey as he took them out with a clean swipe. Sometimes she felt bad for how little of a chance these basic mobs had against players- then she remembered the reason why they were there, and it suddenly felt a little less merciless. As her scout rival sided by her once more, she turned on the spot and headed towards the barn, glancing towards him with a nod. "Alright, let's check this out!"  It didn't seem like a quest to Birdie but she wasn't bold enough to rule out the possibility,

Getting closer to the mailbox, she tapped on the bouncing notification and a window containing a message appeared above it, seemingly written in neat cursive handwriting.

Treasure hunting - 4 of 6

'With clothes of green,

and bark of a dog,

Search me for goods,

I sleep like a log.'

She blinked, sighing thereafter. "Not a riddle... anything but a riddle.." Scanning through the message, she made note of the title written across the top. "4 of 6? So we missed the first 3... you have any idea what it's trying to tell us?"

ID# 70279
LD: 10+4=14 <<No loot>>

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

After Aereth got back to Birdies side, the two rivals made their way over to the mailbox of the barn. As Birdie tapped on it a small riddle popped up in front of them. It was without a doubt part of a quest line of six quests in total. According to the arrangement of this quest it seemed to be something like a scavenger hunt. Now Aereth's thoughts were racing.

"It is for sure something like a scavenger hunt. And like you said, we already missed the first three of the hints, but that should not matter. If we solve this riddle, we can search for the other five of them. It's quite hard to solve. But I assume that it has something to do with this barn..." some moments of silence.

"Maybe something like a bush or a tree? What would you guess?" he asked Birdie while he started to scan the area for some odd looking trees or bushes.

@Birdie

"A tree?" She turned to Aereth, and then to the area surrounding them. An entire forest of trees lined the farmyard's borders, and only a couple were actually fenced inside. "That's probably a good bet. Let's hope this tree is nearby then, because if it's not inside the farm, I don't think we're gonna find it out there." She gestured to the forest that seemed to stretch for miles back- she really didn't like the thought of trekking for hours on end to find... whatever they were looking for.

Birdie swiped the message away, causing the window to retreat back into the mailbox. Left with a measly clue- albeit a decent one- she took a moment to stretch her arms and yawn before looking back to the man. "There's a tree by the entrance, it didn't look special at all though. I wonder if there's any big trees around? Or a tree that stands out in general, I guess." She did a brief surveillance of the area, shrugging as she made way for the first tree she saw.

A poor little chicken stumbled into her path- she closed her eyes and swung her rapier in its general direction, catching the animal and smiting it down where it stood. "I can't wait until we don't have to kill these guys any more.." Reaping the rewards, she trucked on towards the tree. "So the real fun question is, what's do we get for finishing these 'treasure hunts'?" she wondered, "My money's on it being a stupid vanity weapon or something, or an item for a quest that we haven't even found yet." That final point made her chuckle, what would happen if they did receive a random quest item? 'No way to know for sure,' she thought.

ID# 70283
LD: 12+4=16

Birdie: 380/380 HP (32/32 EN)

Chicken: 0/4 HP <<Gained 1 Normal Fat and 1 Material>>

Birdie's Loot:

6 Noble Wood
13 Materials
5 Normal Fat

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

"Haha, it definitely has to be something inside of this barn. Everything else would make no sense." He chuckled to his rival when she was gesturing at the forest surrounding the barn.

They then agreed to start their search at the tree which was standing at the entrance of the yard. As they made their way to said tree, a chicken was unfortunate enough to cross their way. Birdie drew her rapier and executed it quickly, to gather the needed <<Animal Fat>>. "Yeah I feel you. It's a little bit monotone to slay chicken after chicken..." Then she wondered about the reward of the said quest. "I don't even know... But there's only one way to find out. And it would be a shame if the two newest top scouts of the Celestial Ascendants weren't able to complete this treasure hunt." he chuckled to his blue haired partner.

As they reached the said tree, Aereth noticed the same cursor as before. This time he tapped on it and in front of him a window popped up.

Treasure hunting - 5 of 6

My father the king,

is wealthy and old,

He hides his treasure

some place that is cold.

He read the text two times and then turned to Birdie. "You've got any ideas?"

@Birdie

"We'd make Itzal pretty upset if we failed, huh?" She snickered at the idea of them flopping on a simple treasure hunt- even if the riddles took some time so solve, searching for the items shouldn't take them long at all.

After reading the message multiple times, she glanced to Aereth and nodded. "Some place that is cold... sounds like they want us to go to the fourth floor? Other than that, I'm kinda stumped. What do they want us to look for..." her words trailed off as she tried to make sense of the riddle, and after a long moment of consideration, she loosed a sigh.

More animals had started to spawn around them, meaning they'd have a good chance at gathering more Animal Fat. "Do you want to follow this quest another time? If it does lead us to another floor, that's a few extra hours out of our time here."

A feral pig charged them from behind- Birdie struck it down with a well-timed swing, causing it to disappear in a flash of pixels immediately. "The mobs are getting more aggressive too.. let's clear out as many as we can, before they all start trying to attack us."

ID# 70305
BD: 6

Birdie: 380/380 HP (32/38 EN)

Birdie's Loot:

6 Noble Wood
13 Materials
6 Normal Fat

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

"I don't wanna take any chances. He might really get a little bit upset. But I think we should be able to finish this treasure hunt in no time." he said confidently to is partner.

Then Birdie read over the message a couple of times, and concluded that the quest would lead the two of them to the fourth floor. "Yes, this much is clear, but the rest of the riddle... I can't really put something together in my mind right now..." He said to Birdie and thought hard about the first three paragraphs of the riddle. He then looked around the tree if there were any other hints or materials, but wasn't able to find anything.

Suddenly more and more animals began to spawn around the two scouts, and Birdie asked him if he wanted to continue the treasure hunt now or on a later point of time. "You are right, they really begin to get more aggressive. I think it would be better if we at first finished the task we came here in the first place, and then continue the treasure hunt on another day."

With that said, he pulled out his sword again and took his battle stance. "If you want, you can start this time with defeating the animals. I'll watch your back and attack as soon as the opportunity arises."

Spoiler

ID# 70315 results:
Loot: 6

Materials: 9
Quest Items: 3 <<Noble Wood>>, 16 <<Normal Animal Fat>>

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth

Birdie nodded deftly, tightening her hold on Retaliation. Pools of mobs seemed to look their way- none approached the pair of players, though the fact that the mobs' attention was now drawn towards them raised concerns for the girl. "Sounds like a plan. Jump in when you feel you can!" And with that she ran off, hastily approaching a lone chicken, abandoned by it's feathered friends.

Looking down to the little guy, its eyes met hers with a pleading glint to them, as if the mob knew it was about to be killed for quest items. She had her sword drawn back ready to strike, though as she went to strike the little guy, her arms failed to move. "It's got big puppy dog eyes.." she called over, turning to Aereth for the briefest of moments.

The chicken suddenly changed its tone, plowing into the bluenette's legs as an opportunity presented itself. She shrieked and fell backwards, quickly picking herself up as she backed up a few feet. "H-hey!" Staring in almost disbelief, she sighed a few moments later. "Never mind, let's just.. kill as much of them as we need to do and get outta here."

ID# 70323
BD: 2+2=4 Miss
MD: 9 Hit +1 damage

Birdie: 379/380 HP (31/38 EN) 11 damage - 12 mitigation = (-1) 1 damage

Chicken: 4/4 HP

Birdie's Loot:

6 Noble Wood
13 Materials
6 Normal Fat

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Slowly also Aereth got uncomfortable with the ever increasing amount of animals around them. He nodded at Birdies comment and kept his ready stance.

Suddenly a lone chicken approached Birdie and she showed hesitation. She then talked about the puppy dog eyes of the chicken, and Aereth sighed. "Hey never turn your ba..." he couldn't even finish his sentence because the chicken then started to charge at Birdie while she was still facing Aereth. The chicken saw the opportunity and acted. It tackled Birdies feet and she lost her balance. But the naughty little chicken didn't stop there. As it noticed Aereths surprise about Birdies fall it choose to continue the charge and also managed to tackle away Aereths feet.

Aereth picked himself up and whispered several curses into his scarf. As both of them were standing again, Aereth answered. "Yes, let's shred them into pieces." in a tone full of vengeance, but also had to chuckle. It must have looked amazing how a simple chicken was able to knock the two scouts from their feet.

Spoiler

ID# 70328 results:
Battle: 4 Really? I haven't hit something in like two days... -.-
MOB: 10 +2 crit DMG

Damage: 10DMG + 2DMG - 9MIT = 3 DMG

Aereth: 217/220 <<20/22>>

Chicken: 4/4

Materials: 9
Quest Items: 3 <<Noble Wood>>, 16 <<Normal Animal Fat>>

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth