{PP-F1} The Chances of Getting Drunk -Aereth and Myself-

The three players made their way along the town of beginnings.  The three were joking around, making a comment then laughing together, save for the maid like player who followed the two.  Overall they genuinely seemed like they were good friends going to get a drink.  However, it couldn't be farther from the truth.  The brown haired player was very suspicious of the red haired player, and a little suspicious of the woman.  The red haired player was making plans on learning more about the player and convincing him to be a follower of his.  The woman's desires were simply to find the perfect time to be herself and embarrass the player.  As the two players moved into the nearest, decent looking bar, Keres was getting excited though she didn't show it.  She had never ever watched Domarus interrogate someone during a drinking moment before and she was a bit eager to see how it went.  Domarus on the other hand decided not to interrogate this time.  The first time would always be the most sober moment.  They needed to get comfortable with this routine for Aereth to let his guard down.  Otherwise he was observing every little thing.  No, today he'd act like he just wanted to have a good time, gain his friendship and trust.  That was the first step by far.  He had many things to do of course, and many reasons to train, mainly his ultimate goals as well as standing up to that player Aereth.  He still had the special potion he had purchased from Mari, specifically made for such an occasion.  The potion just happened to turn off the pain dampeners, meaning the victim could feel everything.  Even better than that he thought to himself, he could make actions that would normally kill someone because that action would only drop the player's hp by like one point.  The torture was to teach the player and his guild, as well as other dark guilds, what happens if you mess with Domarus, his followers or allies.  Particularly Esther.

@Aereth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the maid and the two players entered the chosen bar, they took a seat and Aereth unequipped his his battle gear, pulled his gauntlets down and removed his scarf from his neck, which left him only with his black pants, and a short sleeveless shirt. He had a slim and muscular body, which he was surprised of, because he didn't think that the workout he was doing everyday would affect the looks of his virtual body. But seems like he was wrong in this regard. When he finished making himself comfortable the bartender asked the three of them what they wanted to drink. "Good evening. What may I serve all of you guys."

"For a start, a large glass of beer please." then he turned to Keres and Domarus. "You can order what you like, it's my treat. And Keres, you can also order any non alcoholic drink you like." He said to her with a smile. It was a shame that she refused to drink something stronger tonight. Right now she had herself under perfect control, but if alcohol would be involved things would be much more in Aereth's favor. 

@Domarus

Domarus took his seat as Aereth unzipped his gear.  Domarus simply opened his menu and unequipped the armor piece of his outfit, revealing normal clothes as well as the tattoo that was usually beneath his right gauntlet.  When Aereth ordered beer and told Domarus that he'd pay for everything Domarus smirked.

"You better have deep pockets then my friend.  I'd like some whiskey if you please."

"And I'll just have chocolate milk."  If Keres had any addiction besides her unusual love for pain, it would be anything chocolate.  Of course she was able to get over her chocolate addiction if the need called for it, but pain was what she truly enjoyed.  As they waited for their drinks Domarus scanned the area.  It contained a few npcs, and one or two shady looking players, but that was all.  Even so however, Domarus intended on checking every glass to make sure his drinks weren't poisoned, and from the way Keres glanced at him, he knew she'd be doing the same.  It wasn't long ago really that he saved a woman from a potion effect that had been slipped into her lemonade.  He wasn't sure what the effect would be, but he knew it wasn't good.  Domarus was guessing the men who made the attempt were part of the same group the man who held Esther captive was.  One of them was still in the prison.  Domarus decided to let him taste defeat for a few weeks before paying him a visit for information.

"So then.  You're plan is to become a scout...  Then what?"

@Aereth

Aereth laughed at Domarus' comment. "Don't worry, I think it will be enough for us three."

Another grin showed at his face as Keres ordered some chocolate milk. As they finished their order, the bartender left to prepare the drinks and Domarus seemed to be scanning the area for something, so Aereth decided to take the chance to ask right away. "Everything ok? You seem to be a little bit nervous my friend." Now he got them, they were to obviously checking everything inside this bar. This had to had a reason, and Aereth was willing to put his time and effort into finding out what that would be.

Then Domarus asked what Aereth planed to do when he finally became a passable scout. Aereth smiled at Domarus and said. "Joining the frontlines and helping to beat the sh*t out of this stupid game. Like almost everybody in here. And maybe I'll join you in the DPS squad after my scout training." It was indeed the truth, but not the whole story. Nobody else knew what he really wanted to do. Not even his friend and teacher Itzal. Now the game had started, it was a give and take. Give some information to your enemy, and try to get more information back.

@Domarus

When Aereth said he had enough for the three of them Domarus chuckled with a devious grin.

"Be careful what you promise.  You may find yourself with more than you can handle."  As Domarus had scanned the perimeter he heard Aereth ask if everything was alright.  Subtle he thought, very very subtle.  Not.  He shook his head in response, still scanning as he replied.

"From past experience it is wise to keep an eye on your surroundings.  Always be aware of everything going on around you.  There's always something that can turn south so the more you know the better an edge you have.  See those two over there?  What do you make of them.  And notice that the bartender is a player not an npc.  Tell me what you think of our current position right now and I'll share my own with you."  When Aereth told him he wanted to beat the game hard and possibly work his way to being a dps as well, Domarus chuckled softly, then his chuckle became a soft laughter and finally he began laughing harder than ever.  Keres turned to him and grinned, knowing he was about to rock Aereth's world.

"Beat the s**t out of the game?  That's a very hearty laugh my friend!  No, that will never happen.  Struggle and make our way slowly to the end goal yes.  Take it down like pros?  Dream on my friend, dream on.  If you think Kayaba is going to sit back and take it easy on the front liners you're living a fantasy land.  Any time the front liners match or rise above his creations he's going to up the game, increase MIT, damage, add more minions, increase or add effects to the dungeons and boss rooms.  Hell I'm willing to bet that soon enough teleport crystals won't work.  No, it will only get harder and harder, and not just in the sense of stat wise, but the bosses, will get smarter.  Their tactics more complex.  They and their minions will work together like you wouldn't believe.  Any advantage you think you have will be proven worthless.  And only the strong will escape, because the strong can adapt."  Their drinks arrived and Domarus lifted the glass to his mouth, pausing to smell it swiftly and nodded to the bartender after he did so, Keres did the same.  After downing the glass he grinned at Aereth.

"But enough grim discussion.  Let's talk about something else shall we?"

@Aereth

"From past experience? Care to tell me about?" he asked curiously as Domarus still scanned the bar. "So where should I  start... Let's start with all the other players inside here. I count three real persons, being the two hooded players and the bartender, as well as five NPC's. From the looks of the two hooded players, I would guess that they are even weaker than us, since their starter armor is shining under their hoods, although it could all be faked and they are higher leveled players acting as weaklings, which in return wouldn't be healthy for the three of us, I assume. For the bartender I'm not sure. He is wearing some normal bartender clothes, but I saw a dagger flashing under his apron. Maybe for self defense. But who knows. Second: our surrounding area. It's obviously a bar, this means one main entrance as well as one backdoor on the back left of the shop. On the front side are two medium sized windows. And finally one door at the back of the counter to an unknown room. In my calculation this means three possible escape routes. First the direct way to the front door, second the direct way to the backdoor, which wouldn't be smart since the two players are sitting more in the back of the bar and we would have to get past them, and third, the way out trough the window, since they are breakable. The way through the door behind the counter is a risky one. It may also lead out of the bar, but it will most definitely be a dead end. Tables and chairs are not locked in place either, which means we can use them as projectiles to slow our hunters down if worse comes to worse. And we could also use the NPC's as a distraction to escape. Fighting in here would be no good idea, since we would have to protect Keres. As far as possible poisoning goes, I can't find anything that indicates something like poisoning from the bartender. So as long as the two shady players stay quiet, we should have a good time in here. If you enter a building you should at first get to know how to get out of it again the fastest way." He said to Domarus in a calculating tone while never breaking eye contact. Scouts are trained to notice everything and to come up with plans and strategies according to the situation. "So what do you think?"

Then he answered to Aereth's statement about what he was doing after he finished his training. He had some interesting points but Aereth wasn't impressed at all by his reaction. It was impulsive and emotional. He noticed that this player seemed to be calm and collected most of the time, but if he was about to prove somebody wrong things would get impulsive and emotional. And right there he would get him. When he got emotional. "Don't understand me wrong again my friend. I'm not a dreamer. And I never said that I'd walk up to the frontlines in no time and show them how to do their job. I know that you have to consonantly grind and train in order to get stronger inside here. It's the reason I am training and working out every day. And the steps you can make are unbelievable small ones, but every step counts. Unfortunately I had to learn this lesson the hard way a long time ago. And to be precise, it's not Kayaba who is adjusting the game dynamically. This is made by an AI called Cardinal. It manages everything that happens inside here. Adjusting boss and mob difficulty, day and night cycle, everything." After finishing his answer they got their drinks and and Aereth took a large sip of his beer. Chosing to ignore his last statement Aereth answered. "What are your goals? What will you do after you became a DPS unit?"

@Domarus

Listening to Aereth describe their surroundings was both impressive, and disappointing.  He was both overthinking and correctly guessing, multiple factors at the same time.  When Aereth asked for his opinion and his past experience, Domarus waved a hand almost dismissively.

"Simply met a few foul individuals once or twice is all.  I also rescued a woman named Kasier from a perilous trap."  However that wasn't all he knew.  Thanks to Esther, whom he would free in due time, he met a woman named Mari, who was a master of potion making.  She made not only the best potions and crystals in Aincrad, but she also made potions that did powerful things to the mind.  The starry eyed potion was one he had personally tested and would never take again.  There was also the two potions she had made him up on his request.  The first was a potion meant for Alisa, a young woman who was too naive, emotional and weak for her own good.  The potion was supposed to force her mind to relive her worst memories as well as give her a gentle dose of depression.  It was to be slipped into her drink which she would take when he said the proper words.  She would break, feeling like all of her life was meaningless, then he would speak up once the potion had worn off.  The broken girl would be made strong by him, and as she was she would become his scout general.  It was a perfect plan and he was going to execute it soon.  Then she just suddenly vanished for reasons unknown to anyone.  The second potion was reserved for the player keeping Esther captive.  It turned off the pain dampeners completely, allowing Domarus to teach the player a lesson he would never ever forget.  Never to try anything against Domarus, his allies or his followers.  When the player learned his lesson he would either accept it or die by Mari's hands.  Or both, he didn't care which.

"As for the scenario you seem to have forgotten an important factor, or you left it out in your explanation.  We're in a safe zone.  Even if they did fight us all we'd have to do is ignore them and they're assaults would mean nothing.  And those players over there?  They're much higher than beginner.  It's the way they observe, the way they hold themselves.  No beginner player unless arrogant would ever do such a thing.  They aren't those players who bully the weak ones either, they have a different look.  They're always smug.  Do you see a smile on them?  No.  There is only one real way they can harm us, and that's through potions.  The only way they could do that is by slipping some in our drinks.  However we have no way of knowing if the bartender is in league with them, and thus it's good to take precautions.  There are potions that not only give paralysis, which would allow them to drag us outside the safe zone, but also potions that mess with your mind.  Remember those foul individuals I mentioned?  A friend of mine named Esther encountered one.  The player gave the naive girl a potion that forced her to start stripping.  Luckily another player was with her and gave her an antidote just in time.  That's one out of many potions that can be made.  You'd be surprised what the system will allow."

When the player corrected Domarus he chuckled and raised a hand in apology.

"I apologize, I've seen and spoke to many players who hope or believe the front liners can do such a thing and it get's rather funny over time to think someone could think that way.  And as for Kayaba, do you really think he's going to leave everything to the Cardinal?  If I were in charge of this world and I knew people hated me, I don't think I'd like to stay seated watching everything go on and do nothing.  I'd have my own personal account and avatar, interacting with the players and keep an eye on things.  If a boss battle was a little too easy I'd make some adjustments for the upcoming one.  There are things an AI cannot think of my friend.  That is an important factor to keep in mind."  When Aereth asked that dangerous question he was already ready for it, as he was ready for most anything.

"I want to help the front lines any way I can.  I suppose I just want to be important to everyone, special, helpful.  I can't stand being useless."  He answered with part of the truth.  It was enough truth to be able to deceive anyone, even Aereth.  Well except for that Ivory fellow.  She explained that she mastered knowing when someone was happy or not and thus she knew if what he said about what made him happy was true or not.  He accepted another glass from the bartender and once again smelled it before downing it.  Keres hadn't finished her glass.  She took her time.

@Aereth

"Seems like nobody gets spared in this regard..." he answered his fellow redhead in a sad tone.

"Naive." Aereth thought at Domarus' counter argument. He smiled and answered calmly. "Yes we may be in a save zone, but have you ever heard of a forced total loss duel?" He asked in a grim voice. "It's when another player forces your hand to accept their duel invitation. And this, my friend, is the reason you should also be careful in safe zones. And for me it doesn't matter if they are low levels or high leveled. I never take any player lightly. I always plan for the worst case scenario. Although I have to say thank you for the information about the potions. I didn't know you could do so many bad things with them. I will be more careful from now on." He noticed as Domarus talked about Esther, his eyes showed some signs of worry and anger. "About that Esther girl, I assume you saved her? And is she ok?"

After that he apologized and answered Aereth's question about his goals. "You would be surprised what this AI is capable of." he said in a thoughtful tone. "But I won't deny your statement about Kayaba either. It could very much be possible that he is tweaking the game with a game master console right now as we are talking, but I know that Cardinal is able to react to almost every little change in the game caused by the players and their actions..." After that Aereth finished his first glass and ordered another one.

"Yeah I guess that's what everyone wants. Nothing is more aggravating than being useless.

@Domarus

When Aereth mentioned forcing one's hand to the duel section Domarus resisted a laugh but it was clear he was and he didn't bother hiding it.  

"Not only could I easily select forfeit and end the duel, but I'd like to see any player try moving my arm without my consent.  In fact, before the night is out I'll challenge you to an arm wrestle if you're up for it."  Domarus chuckled at that comment.  He was extremely strong in both the real world and possibly more strong in the virtual world.  Since he trained nonstop and since your strength could surpass the real world limits in this virtual world, his constant training had made him much much more stronger than he was in the real world.  And he was considered very strong in the real world itself.  When Aereth asked about Esther, Domarus bit his lip.  He forced his eyes to remain emotionless, hiding the white flaming maelstrom of hatred to the unknown player behind her capture from Aereth.  He wasn't sure how the player would have reacted if he'd seen the hatred in his eyes but he didn't want to find out at the moment either.

"The situation isn't good.  I'm doing some research and investigation now and while I have a lead it's taking longer than normal.  Mark my words though, I will find her and save her.  Nothing will stop that."  Not only would he do so, but he would also message Mari and Arc, two players he knew were closely associated with Esther, for his assistance.  Despite his mental power, he was still weak in the sense of stats.  Mari however was a very powerful pker and Arc was a decently powerful mercenary.  With their help he'd have no trouble taking down the b*****d who held Esther prisoner.  When Aereth mentioned how nobody wanted to be useless Domarus checked his third glass, then lifted it in the air.

"To the ability to help others," he said softly before downing it.  Keres also drank some chocolate milk after raising her own glass.  Domarus placed the glass down and spoke again.

"You going to join me in the drinking or you just going to sit there watching my every move like I'm some dangerous pker?"

@Aereth

Domarus was still taking the danger of a forced duel too lightly so Aereth decided to warn him one more time before leaving the matter fall. Even though he was suspicious around the redhead, he didn't want him to die because of the feeling of false safety. "I won't question your strength in any way my friend, but imagine the following situation: One or more players are restraining your movements, and the other ones are forcing your hand to accept the duel. Then the others would continue to restrain you from giving up the duel, since you also need the virtual menu to forfeit. You should never have the feeling of false safety. It will get you killed sometimes..." he said as his last attempt to warn him.

He then heard about the situation his friend Esther was in and frowned. "That's bad to hear. I will never accept such scum. People like them should be erased from this game." He had his own backstory with scum like this in the past. And he had sworn to put an end to all of them who deserved it. "I know, I'm a rather low leveled player right now, but it would be an honor to join you in your search and punishment. Like I said before, I hate players like them. They think just because this is a "game" they are allowed to do anything. They don't realize that this is reality. So I want to help you teach them what reality in here means." He said to Domarus while emptying his beer in one shot.

After that he ordered a glass of pure vodka, and as it arrived he lifted it with his two comrades. "To the ability to help others," he repeated the sentence Domarus said seconds before and downed his glass.

"Chill, my friend. I'm just enjoying it." He laughed at Domarus.

@Domarus

It seemed the player Aereth continued to doubt Domarus's strength.  He would know soon enough just how strong he was capable of being, but he didn't push the concept.  The player would find out in their arm wrestle later on in the night.  When he made a comment about Esther and her predicament, as well as that he would gladly join him if he ever tracked them down Domarus shook his head.

"I don't intend on killing the fool, but you won't like what you'll see when I do find him.  If you're so keen on coming however I won't stop you.  He'll pay either way."  Pain.  In real life and in the game, pain and humility were the only ways to reduce a tall man to rubble.  He may have the petty idea of revenge but revenge wouldn't help if your target was surrounded by followers and allies, was extremely powerful, and took ever precaution he could.  No one in their right mind would try getting revenge.  And no one smart enough would try removing him when he had multiple players holding him in such high esteem.  Please the public and you're reign will last.  He learned this from all the warlords who took over but fell due to poor leadership.  When Aereth told Domarus to chill and enjoy it Domarus grinned.

"Very well.  I won't play fair."  As the bartender refilled his whiskey he noted that Keres was asking for more chocolate milk.  The Bartender was wondering which would come first:  Being rich or running out of materials.  As Domarus drank the whiskey more slowly, he savored the fiery sensation that slithered down his throat like a wildfire.

@Aereth

Dismissing the topic from before, Domarus shook his head at Aereth's offer, and told him that he wasn't intending to kill the person that holds Esther as a hostage, but much to Aereth's displease he intended to torture the guy to make him or her pay. Aereth hated everything like that. If somebody needed to die in order to prevent murder or rape he would do it quickly and without hesitation, unless he needed more information. Then Aereth noticed that he was making decisions much to rash. He didn't even know the details about this whole affair. Sighing he took a sip from his next drink to calm his thoughts down. "I need to gather information about this Esther thing first, before I do any rash actions."

"Anyway, if you need somebody to help you with the search, be sure to message me. Even though I haven't much PvP combat experience and are quite under leveled for such a thing, there is nothing that I hate more in this world than PKers and the scum you described to me before."

Now chuckling at Domarus, Aereth said to him: "This isn't a boozing contest my friend. For me this evening is just there to have a good time, and to get to know you a little better." Then he laughed and downed his glass. "Or maybe it is?"

@Domarus

Aereth was clearly displeased that Domarus wanted to do something other than kill the player.  Perhaps this player could be of some use other than scouting in the future he thought...  However for now the player seemed to accept his plan.  This player had the potential of being a dangerous gamble.  That made this all the more interesting, and all the more reason to set their 'friendship' in stone as soon as possible.  He nodded to Aereth at his offer.

"I'll keep that in mind then.  Thank you for being understanding.  It's a little complicated after all."  As the bartender refilled his whiskey he couldn't help but wonder how Aereth would think about Domarus' real self.  Someone who manipulated others and the situation to gain allies, break his enemies mentally and physically, and rise to power, becoming practically invincible.  Not only would he be by being a dps and tank hybrid but he would also have hundreds of followers at his side and back.  Not to mention his reputation and good appearance would give no one who wasn't a crazy pker a reason to kill or take him down.  Even if someone did come to destroy him, they would have only ended up ruining their own reputation, status, and probably end up being hated by many.  In short their life would be utterly destroyed.  However he doubted it would come to that.  And besides, even if his plans failed in here, he still had his much more successful plans in the real world.  When Aereth mentioned how it wasn't a contest he chuckled.

"Apologies.  Almost every time in the real world I was with someone they consistently challenged me.  I guess it's just habit."  In truth this was all to get Aereth to attempt to beat him in how much he could drink so that he could see how much Aereth could handle.  The second was because he wanted to see how deep the player's pockets were.

@Aereth

Domarus thanked Aereth for offering his help to which he nodded. Right now he was far too weak for almost everything. "No big deal my friend. I wish you much luck with the information gathering and rescuing her. But now let's transition to more lighthearted topics. Like where do you two live? I assume in your shop?" he asked his new "friend" curiously.

Aereth got fed up with ordering over and over again, so he decided to order a whole bottle with whiskey. "Hey, bartender! Would you be so kind, as to give us the whole bottle? I'll pay in advance." The bartender nodded, and put the bottle on the table as Aereth finished his transaction. "Aaaah. Much better now we don't have to order new ones every few moments."

"Haha. I see. After seeing you drinking those whiskeys like water, I assume you won more often than not." He laughed. 

@Domarus

Aereth once again insisted that he was there if Domarus needed him.  However the player would need to prove that he was there for Domarus no matter what the issue was before he would call upon the player.  And part of that would be Domarus gaining the player's trust.  Then the player suggested moving to more lighthearted subjects which was a good thing.  Because the more Domarus thought about that player the more he wanted to go kill him, which he refused to do for several reasons.  Of course keeping the anger in check made it hard for him to deceive most of the time.  He'd be venting on Keres when they got back in due time.  When Aereth asked where they lived Domarus nodded.

Correct.  We don't have nearly enough col for a house and I'm not going to waste money paying to stay in an inn.  I'm willing to stay in my shop for now.  And I know you mentioned that you're sleeping in the shop of you're teacher, Itzal was it?  Yes I met him once, a nice fellow.  Wants to be a master scout I've heard."  Itzal, the player Itzal.  He heard how the player had been seeking out low leveled players and trying to get on their feet, which is probably why he's part of that guild in the first place.  Which of course, was why he needed to get into the guild.  With a guild that brings in players, particularly weak players, Domarus would have the perfect chance to observe players and estimate whether or not they would make good followers.  Then Aereth went ahead and ordered a large bottle of whiskey and Domarus cocked an eyebrow.

"And here I thought you were enjoying beer.  Had a change of mind?"  He chuckled as he began to drink his glass, slowly emptying it this time, allowing the burning sensation to fill his throat before placing the glass down.  

"Let's just say I was one of the few wise individuals who entered a bar amongst all the complete imbeciles.  They wanted to show off to their friends and so I humiliated them.  They boasted and boasted and when they fell over I'd say nothing.  Just ordered another round.  Then when they woke up in the morning, or so I heard, they were made fun of once or twice.  Either way it got to the point where I would enter a bar and either everyone challenged me, or they chose a champion to take me on."  

@Aereth

The two of them lived together in Domarus' shop as Aereth expected, and as Aereth suggested to transition to mor lighthearted topics, Domarus seemed to appreciate the suggestion, because his stance seemed to ease a little bit. "Yes, he indeed is a really great guy. And very generous. He was the first friend I had inside this deathgame." A lie. "And now he teaches me to become a good scout. I'm really glad I met him." This however was the truth. Becoming a master scout was only the first step on the road to completing his own goals.

Aereth also had to chuckle at Domarus comment. "It is true. I really enjoy beer. But for me, beer is more to kill the thirst than to get drunk." It was true. Beer wasn't even an alcoholic drink for him anymore, since he tasted it the first time when he was 16 years old. He then poured himself a glass and also slowly emptied it.

Then Domarus told him about his drinking competitions back in the real world. Now Aereth could understand why he was able to drink so much without any problems. "I guess some are blessed with a natural immunity to alcohol." he laughed and refilled both glasses. Aereth stopped gathering information about the two players some time between second beer and now. He already had much more intel on them than he expected to get, so right now he just wanted to enjoy the evening with his two new comrades.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Aereth may be done getting information but Domarus never was.  As the player replied Domarus knew he was lying.  He was a master of lies so he knew one when he heard or saw it.  So when he finished Domarus spoke.

"The only person who helped you get on your feet you mean.  Surely you had someone else with you?  You weren't one of those players who came in completely alone now were you?"  If this player was so generous then perhaps he could exploit that somehow.  Perhaps using Aereth or one of Itzal's other friends.  As the player talked about how beer was to kill the thirst, which gave Domarus a hint of how far he could go with alcohol.

"Is that so?  Well then, you must have built up the immunity...  How long did that take?"  Domarus never cared for rules.  He had started during high school.  His father had alcohol and Domarus had snuck into the kitchen to start his road to immunity.  When his father caught him and asked what he was doing, Domarus confessed his wish to become immune and from that moment on his father bought twice as much alcohol and left Domarus alone.  So how did Aereth get so immune?  He was younger than Domarus it seemed, so there were only a few options left.  Then The player mentioned how some people were naturally immune and Domarus chuckled, wondering if that might be some of the reason to his own immunity.  He took his turn to refill his glass while Keres ordered another chocolate milk.

@Aereth

Domarus asked Aereth how he built up his immunity and how long it had taken. Chuckling Aereth answered. "I wouldn't call it an immunity, but I had my first experiences with alcohol at the age of 16. On my birthday to be precise. You have to know that in the country where I come from, you are allowed to buy and drink the weaker stuff like beer and wine when you turn 16. So about the immunity. I didn't build it up on purpose. It just came with the time. Back in the real world I really enjoyed going out with my friends to drink. And belive me, we drank much." He chuckled. "But the real fun starts when you turn 18. When you are 18 or older you are allowed to drink what you want. And somehow after a couple of years, I ended up with this immunity, as you call it."

It seemed that the conversation between the two players wasn't meant to go anywhere lighthearted in some time. As Domarus asked Aereth about the real first person that was his friend in Aincrad. Aereths expression changed from warm and carefree to a serious and grim one. He downed his glass of whiskey and turned to Domarus. "Belief  me, my friend, you don't wanna know that story. It wouldn't take us anywhere lighthearted for the rest of our evening. It is a story about loss, weakness and stupidity..." Aereth said to his redheaded companion while he refilled his glass.

@Domarus

Domarus soaked in the information Aereth gave him like a sponge.  Now that he knew the player was from the countryside he assumed he had grown up with physical labor, perhaps not on a farm, but something similar.  A family sort of work that was day in and day out.  Which meant he wasn't afraid to push his limits.  This was an excellent trait to have.  What made things better, the player had built up a resistance to alcohol by accident, which meant that while he was resistant to it, he wasn't entirely immune like Domarus seemed to be.  In fact, Domarus could only recall getting drunk twice, both being an accident as he had worked towards building his immunity.  After the second time he readjusted his calculations until the error was nonexistent.  Eventually it got to the point where Domarus was full before he was even near the beginning effects of being drunk and therefore believed he had been successful.  He nodded to the player and leaned back.

"I've been out to the country once, it was a field trip.  Quiet place, must be nice to grow up there.  Away from all the chaos of the city.  Who knows.  When we get out of hear and I get a few things set up, I may build a getaway place out there."  As Aereth frowned and his features darken, Domarus inwardly smiled as he had finally torn the veil down.  The player was at last opening up to him.  Outwardly however all his features showed nothing but concern that he made the wrong approach.  When the player finished Domarus sighed.

"Agreed.  Such topics can wait another time.  Sorry to kill the mood like that."  As he took another drink Keres put her glass down and looked at Aereth, finally speaking.

"You have a girlfriend?"

@Aereth

Domarus stated how he was out to the country once for a field trip and that he wanted to build a kind of getaway place out of the city when they finally got back. "Yeah its quite awesome to how up outside of big cities. Where did you grow up if I may ask?"

As Aereth noticed how reacted to this question, he cursed inwardly for being so dumb. But he also had to admit to himself that he wasnt quite over it yet. Sighing he said to Domarus and Keres. "No problem my friend. I guess we all lost something inside this deathgame, some lost more and some lost less."

After some moments of silent drinking Keres decided to speak again in order to break the silence. "Yes, I actually had one before this nightmare started. How about you guys? Is there anything more between the two of you than this master-servant thing or do you have someone else you hold dear back in the real world.

@Domarus