[PP - F1] Halloween Adventures <Itzal>

Image result for plains at night

October 31st, 2023

9:00 P.M.

-----

"Halloween huh...? Time sure does fly doesn't it Ocarina?" he looked over to his familiar that had looked back and licked his face with a bark happily. He looked up onto the night, there was a chill in the air... it was odd to him that you could still see a moon or sun on every floor like this... but Beatbox had surely been enjoying the sight of night on a day like this. He hadn't been doing too much at the moment, he was taking a bit of a lazy day today. It was Halloween, he wanted to chill rather than spending his day slaying monsters to get gold and such like a normal gaming grind in this game. He didn't believe to be spending most of his day's here doing such things, but he knew that he would still have to do it eventually. He wanted to spend some time thinking over past Halloween's he's had in the past trying to remember the memories he's had in the real world... he didn't want to forget them, he is still finding it hard to believe that this is just a game, the weather and the environments just seem... too real, it was crazy to believe such things.

He could hear the wolves in the background howling and players attempting to get there own fair share of EXP, Beatbox kept looking up on the sky with a sigh "Why must players insist on wasting their time on a night like this..." he thought to himself as he looked over to the side to the forest area, he could see the tree branches rattling in the wind, he could hear howls he could hear the leaves crinkling as wolves took every step to their location in which they were heading to, all music to Beatbox's ear on a day like this... it was Halloween after all. He smiled at the thought of players all the way back in the town of beginnings trying to scare each other to the occasion. He giggled and he sat up as he kept looking up at the sky, he closed his eyes for just a moment he let out another sigh and personally wished that he wasn't alone at the moment just to spend Halloween with someone. However, he was fine with being alone... it doesn't hurt too much.

@Itzal

Itzal let out a roar while Varx, the warg he had spent so much time with on this floor now, let out a howl, the two of them striking at the same time at a huge boar they and Varx' pack were hunting.  The giant mob let out a painful squeal before shattering into a thousand crystals.  When they landed Itzal rolled and panted slightly along with Varx.  The warg was much larger now, about two times bigger than a normal wolf, and the two had bonded well.  However, Varx being a mob, their relationship wouldn't move farther than partnership.  Only familiars could have a stronger bond.  He stood straight and grinned at Varx who grinned back.  "Alright Varx old pal.  Perhaps it's time to call it a night eh?  We've taken down seven of those huge boars after all."  Varx looked slightly disappointed but he knew that Itzal liked to take it a little more easy than mobs.  And It knew that the woman, that...  What was her name?  Kas-er?  Not only was she strongly associated with Itzal, but she helped in the revolt that day.  She and Itzal spent time together more and more frequently.  Varx bowed it's head slightly before letting out a fierce, strong howl and led the pack further into the forest.  Itzal was afraid the warg would run into a player but he stopped when he remembered that he taught Varx to give a warning, but not attack unless the player meant to charge.

With Varx gone Itzal let out a sigh and made his way through the night, sheathing Ascendant's Rosario and scaled into a tree, leaping from branch to branch.  The fact that it was Halloween had nearly skipped his mind.  Nearly.  In the real world he didn't care at all for holidays that were spent outside.  Christmas, Thanksgiving, things he spent with his family were what he enjoyed.  However he took into account that the system might end up adding something based on Halloween, like an event or something.  Thus he kept his eyes open.  As he traveled he spotted an old friend and smiled.  He made his way to the edge and leaped off of the tree, his black hooded armor cloaking him in darkness, making him appear like a phantom of sorts.  When he landed he walked over with a wave.  "Beatbox!  Hey there!"

@Beatbox

Beatbox had looked over, he didn't expect to see Itzal around here on this floor at this late of night, he stood up and dusted off his pants of his new attire and said "Hey Itzal. I didn't expect to see you out here late at night. I'd expected you spent time with Kasier on a day like this." he extended his hand out for a handshake with a smile. He was wondering how he was going to react to his new attire, he took a little more of an "edgy" and "punkish" look for a bit, he kinda figured that this look could fit and look stunning for a while. "Anyways..." he said with a cough "What brings you here out in the plains of floor 1 at night on Halloween instead of in Kasiers Arm's or something out there with everyone else doing Halloweeny activities?" he asked him with a giggle and a wink "I'm only out here because frankly... I have nothing really to do other than enjoy the moonlight in the night sky. I ain't got anyone to share it with on a day like today, yet I don't feel like spending a day like today looking for materials or fighting mob's however, that might as well be what I end up doing..." he looked back with a smile "Gotta get that col. I got a couple of desires on my mind at the moment... but to get it..." he looked up to the moon with a sigh "I need to be lucky and get the amount..."

@Itzal

When Beatbox dusted off his attire, Itzal scanned it as it looked new.  He chuckled and shook his head at his friend.  "Well, at least I'm not blinded when I look at it.  Still, it seems you've got a good sense in fashion.  Better than I do of course," he said as he glanced at his grim yet, as he thought, epic looking armor.  He lowered the hood and mouthpiece and accepted the handshake.  When he asked him why he wasn't in Kasier's arms at the moment.  He cocked an eyebrow.  "Go on a date when there's a chance of an event or new monsters getting in the way?  I'd like my dates to be peaceful thank you very much, but thanks for thinking about us."  He chuckled afterwards.  "And besides.  I never cared for Halloween anyway.  Particularly when every moment I stepped outside meant I was assaulted by those bigger, stronger and a billion times more ruthless than myself.  I stayed locked up in my bedroom remember?"  When Beatbox mentioned how he desperately needed col Itzal thought for a moment before he decided to make a guess.  "You're aiming for a rumor aren't you?  And seeing as how most rumor's are cheap, I'm betting you want to save up for in case a rumor of a unique skill comes around."  He raised his hand to cut off his friend's response.  "Don't forget that I originally wanted to get one too, I know how expensive it is and I know that face.  You want a unique skill don't you?"  He grinned slyly to his friend.

@Beatbox

Beatbox had chuckled to hear Itzal's words and accepted the handshake he replied back to him as they shook hands "You already know that I am still as stylish. It wouldn't be me, if I wasn't stylish, heck if I wasn't a cook right now I would definitely be a tailor at the moment making these types of outfits every day." he giggled he looked down on his outfit and back up to his face "I don't know... I guess you are fashionable to the... dark brotherhood type feel?" he scratched his head trying to figure out where to put his outfit style in. He laughed as he saw his eyebrow cocked up and said that he would rather have dates be peaceful, he patted him on the back again and winked at him "Hey not all dates are peaceful though, those three females from before says something different." he laughed again and patted his back on more time. He looked back to him with a "oops" look forgetting that he was more used to locking himself in his room "Oh yeah... I forgot about that..." he broke the silence with another giggle "Well Halloween isn't too bad, you at least have an excuse to scare the living hell out of people." He laughed as he heard Itzal speak about rumors, and a comment that he had made... he said that they we're "cheap". In no manner did he find them "cheap" at all, "Cheap? 150,000 Col to you is cheap? I barely have 15,000 Col right now, I am only 10% there." he looked at him with a disappointed look "Ever since the Uniques had gone away to the disappearance of some and the death of the Azure Brigadee... the Uniques were returned to the NPC... and worse of all, that NPC can't be found either... heck, who even knows if she'll sell them again... however... I do wish to have one, the "star of aincrad" would only make sense to actually have one. I just need the money..." he said with a sigh.

@Itzal

To Beatbox's comment Itzal chuckled.  "Yeah, you're probably the most stylish and most flashy person I have ever met.  At least you look a little more discrete for tonight."  When Beatbox tried and failed to choose where his armor would be categorized in, he chuckled.  "Maybe my Twilight Cloak would be easier to categorize."  When he mentioned three girls Itzal looked confused.  "Wait, three girls, what do you-"  Then he remembered and gave a rough yet not angry smack on the arm.  "Stop it!"  When Beatbox apologized Itzal shrugged.  It didn't bother him whatsoever.  To his comment about scaring other players he shook his head.  "I may have a scary outfit but I don't care for scaring players."  When Beatbox suddenly looked disappointed Itzal looked confused.  When he responded Itzal felt like an idiot and did a facepalm.  "No no, I meant most rumors were true.  I forgot to add the, 'uniques not so much' part.  And if you want one I'm willing to help.  I've got about forty five hundred col right now and climbing.  And although it would definitely make you more popular, I think you could be a star either way my friend."

@Beatbox

Beatbox had laughed when he had said he was the most flashy person he had ever met, he giggled and said "I am pretty sure some other's dress flashy in this world, no one to which I know, because mostly everyone we're's the same bland look of armor nowaday's but ya get the point... and I am still trying to figure out how to categorize where your outfit would be... I am still pretty unsure... it feels more... gothic if that makes sense to you..." he scratched his head as he continued to try to think where his clothing would fit under... gothic...? edgy? Eh, who knows. Beatbox laughed as he hit his arm as he told him to stop that and he looked back at him with a giggle and said "I'm sorry that those females saw you as..." then switched to a girl like voice "strong and muscular..." he let out another giggle and laughed for a bit. He kept laughing as he facepalmed and he heard his reply and after he finally caught some air, he said back "Well... yeah, most of them we're true. I know that two uniques were returned on the same day due to an incident in a boss fight... one of which I can't remember, but there is one that I so would want if it returns... Dual Blades, thats the one I have my eyes for. 45,000? Dude with our money combined thats 60,000 at the moment! We need to get some more col like right now!" he laughed to him as he placed his hand at the back of his neck.

@Itzal

When Beat mentioned Gothic his brow furrowed.  That was not the look he had been shooting for on any level.  When Itzal demanded he stopped, he continued on, even mimicking a females voice.  Itzal gave an exasperated sigh and decided to ignore future comments instead.  When he had facepalmed his friend laughed even harder but that part was deserved.  He listened to his comment and his eyebrow cocked at the mention of something called dual blades.  "Dual blades?  As in wielding two swords?"  Immediately his mind began to calculate the advantages given from that...  And the advantages were very high.  With a high base damage and being able to use two sword arts.  A player could deal MASSIVE damage.  As he thought about it, it might even be considered even with a unique skill Calrex had.  His mind began to consider and calculate all of the possible sword arts, as well as how one would use the blades properly.  Most games didn't have duel wielding in a reality like sense.  Most games if they had dual wielding, would be a left swing then right.  However, if one wanted to use them for real-  He noticed his mind was wandering too far and shook his head.  "Sorry I can't help but think strategically with a new style of fighting.  Yeah, I've been trying to collect col fast but together we might hit it faster."

@Beatbox

Beatbox had giggled as he had seen his reaction to the unique skill mentioned to be called "Dual Blades", he looked at Itzal with a smile and said "Indeed, wielding two swords... just think of the advantages of that!" he laughed as he noticed that he immediately did that. Beatbox looked at him with a "really?" face as he didn't actually think that would do that. He sighed and thought to himself for a moment "Well... this is Itzal after all..." he giggled and looked back at him. "From what I have heard... the player that last had it ran a guild of his own and he was in charge of the boss raids for a while..." he placed a finger on his chin and looked up to the moon again, "It's quite a shame though that the player that had it previously died... I wish I coulda met him before he had perished..." he shook his head and looked back at Itzal with a smile, "Lately I have been fighting against higher HP value mob's lately... or you could say rather... more difficult, however I still have pretty bad issues trying to get col at the moment... not to mention I had to spend 3500 col on this outfit alone... and I bought Birdie some equipment too... but at least I have around 15k or so..." he said as he opened his menu's to scroll to see how much he had.

@Itzal

Beatbox seemed to have taken no offense when he zoned off and he talked about what he knew about the original player who had it and how he wished he met him.  Itzal nodded.  "It's always sad to hear someone's died.  And I'd be fighting stronger mobs as well, but my damage is poor, very very poor compared to your own.  And come on man!!!  I have more materials than you'll ever need!  If you need to buy something just let me know!!!"  He chuckled at his friend and patted him on the shoulder before looking around.  "Sooooo.  You want to fight some mobs, search for materials, go for a walk?  I'm up for anything now that we're here."  As he spoke his eyes scanned for any materials he could end up using.  As he searched he noticed something hidden in a group of thick bushes and walked over.  He moved as much leaves as he could out of the way but nothing was there.  Sighing he backed away.

ID#  70168  Ld:  9+5=14

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had laughed as he yelled at him about the whole "buying" thing, he placed a hand in front of him and said "No, no... it's okay, it was only 7000 Col in total. Plus I don't mind buying things for other people, ESPECIALLY if its clothing. Trust me, I would go clothing shopping for others in a heartbeat." he winked. He looked at Itzal as if he had said something stupid, he gave him a dumb look and said "Search for materials... are you serious? You know I am terrible at finding mater- oh look a material!" he said as he went over to the material and picked it up into his inventory. He coughed and looked back to Itzal and said "As I said, I am frickin' terrible at finding materials... most of the time... I'd rather fight some Monsters to get automatic materials rather than trying to actually go out to find them..." he said with a giggle.

@Itzal

-----

ID: 70169 - LD: 15

Materials Gathered: 1

Itzal chuckled and gave a shrug when Beatbox mentioned he was fine.  "If you say so man, I trust you.  At any rate, yeah maybe I should go material gathering when I'm alone.  That is my job after a- well one of the very few jobs I'm good at..."  Until he had the time to work on his damage skills he still felt pretty much useless.  Overall he was fine with it, but he wished he could do much more.  Being a scout all he was good at was spotting things and players, finding dungeons and such.  However when he unlocked the detect mod he intended on getting and maxing out the lockpicking skill as soon as he could.  That way he and Beat could find much more col than normal.  "Monsters huh?  Well I'm always up for that so maybe if we go to the-"  Suddenly he stopped and raised a hand in the air to keep Beat from asking questions.  He was silent for a moment before his eyes widened and he turned to Beat, launching himself at his friend and knocking him to the ground just in time to avoid the colossal boar that leaped over them.  When it landed it tore a good few feet of ground up and turned to them.  It's hide was extremely long and furry, it's color black.  It's tusks were huge and rough.  It's eyes were red.  And it was about the size of a large truck.  Then three others ran around the two players and positioned themselves, all just as big and powerful looking as the first one.  After inspection however, Itzal saw that it was only the damage that was fairly high.  He glanced at his friend.  "I've got more health so let me tank these guys ok?"  Itzal charged the boar, striking them all ferociously before his final attack sent him into the air.  When the attack hit they didn't even flinch from contact and simply looked up, anticipating his fall and ready to hit him. 

Mob info:  4 Huge Boar  <>  400 hp  <>  20 dmg

ID#  70170  BD:  7  CD:  4  MD:  1

Itzal:  780/780  <>  60/78

Beatbox:  ??  <>  ??

Boar's:  328/400  <Shadow Explosion:  8*9=56>

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

"I mean you are a scout and all... just saying, you should be able to find materials without honestly trying." he said to him with a look of "why am I saying this again?". He walked with Itzal further outward into dangerous territory... Beatbox looked over and saw that he was in rather deep thought... "I wonder what he's thinking about now... that guy is always thinking about something..." he looked back forward and saw four large boar's charging down the plains towards Itzal as he was deep in thought "Uh... Itzal... IN FRONT OF YOU." he yelled out to him and saw that he managed to get out of the way of the boar's attacks. Beatbox unveiled Sharpened Stardom to Itzal for the first time to him and ran into the middle of the four with his familiar grabbed onto the top his head and performed an AoE combo strike against the four Boar's dealing a little over what Itzal had dealt... at Rank 3 he had been dealing as much as Itzal could be doing with a simple AoE attack.

@Itzal

-----

ID: 70171 - BD: 6+3=9 (non-critical)

Sword Art Used: Vertical Square (Damage = 11+1=12*4=48)

Itzal - HP: 780/780 / EN: 60/78

Beatbox - HP: 575/575 / EN: 48/56 (Minus 8 Energy)

Boar1 - HP: 280/400 -48

Boar2 - HP: 280/400 -48

Boar3 - HP: 280/400 -48

Boar4 - HP: 280/400 -48

Foregoing Action

When Beatbox ran in with his new sword Itzal spotted it instantly.  It, along with everything else Beatbox seemed to own, was the flashiest thing he'd seen.  He'd need to examine it later on after the battle.  Right now he refocused as he began to fall back down to earth.  The four boar thought they were ready to hit him but they were sooooo wrong.  As he fell one of the boar tried ramming him mid air but he let his feet bend as the boar made contact with him, then launched himself off of the boar.  As he continued to soar another boar tried hitting him but he repeated the process.  The third boar saw that leaping wasn't working, so it positioned itself to slash it's tusks at Itzal where he was going to land, but Itzal simply grabbed the swinging tusk and spun around it before landing on the ground safely.  The third tried to ram Itzal and while it was like a mini earthquake underneath it, Itzal was able to keep his balance and get out of harms way.

ID#  70172  CD:  11  MD:  3

Itzal:  780/780  <>  62/78

Beatbox:  575/575  <>  48/56

Boars:  232/400

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox leaped away for Itzal to strike against the four boar's however he saw that he didn't even attempt to strike against them, Beatbox sighed but didn't say anything, there was no point at getting mad about not striking against them anymore. If he didn't want to strike against them because he just couldn't find the perfect time... then fine, let him do it. Beatbox shook his head and jumped into the middle of the group of four again striking an AoE combo on all of them again, dealing the same amount of damage again, his eyelids grew thinner as he didn't see that his Bleed and Paralyze effects hadn't come into effect, he sighed as he knew he couldn't score it every time. He jumped backwards to his position and noticed that all four's attention grew towards me and their heads shifted from Itzal to the blonde haired pop star, Beatbox in return smiled and giggled.

@Itzal

-----

ID: 70173 - BD: 6+3=9 (non-critical)

Itzal - HP: 780/780 / EN: 62/78 

Beatbox - HP: 575/575 / EN: 41/56 (Regen 1 Energy, Minus 8 Energy)

Boar1 - HP: 232/400 -48

Boar2 - HP: 232/400 -48

Boar3 - HP: 232/400 -48

Boar4 - HP: 232/400 -48

Itzal watched as Beatbox moved in and struck at the four boar.  The creatures were focused on him now and that wasn't exactly good.  He watched as they charged at Beatbox, tearing the ground beneath him and such, and while he was no acrobat or parkourist by a long shot, his friend was able to evade the monsters and keep his balance until he avoided the attack altogether.  Beforehand Itzal noticed his friend's face when Itzal made no strike, so before he moved in he ran beside Beatbox.  "Kind of hard to attack when you're flying through the air huh?"  He winked before dashing with all his speed at the four monsters.  He let out a roar as his blue blade glowed a black light and he began to slash and jab faster than the eye could see at all four monsters, using the Soul Barrage technique to make it more devastating than normal and when he finished he leaped backward, watching the bleed effect and satisfied that he now had their hate once again.

ID#  70175  BD:  9  CD:  7  MD:  4-3=1

Itzal:  780/780  <>  44/78

Beatbox:  575/575  <>  41/56

Boars:  151/400 <>  Bleed added:  24 dmg per mobs turn.  2 turns left

Edited by Itzal

He looked over to Itzal that had striked against all of them, he sighed as he didn't really get to test his thorn damage at all. He looked over to Itzal with a grin as he spoke his words to me about how its hard to attack them when you are in the air. He responded to him with a bit of annoyed tone in his voice "I would have been fine against those boar's thank you very much, I am trying to test my new armor after all..." he jumped into the middle of the group of the four boars and struck against them with another AoE combo chipping away more and more of their HP all together. They all squealed in unison and Beatbox did not move away from the center of their attention, he wanted to test out his new thorns effects to see how much damage he can really output being a DPS with this build, he giggled and said to the four boars "Give it your best shot...", he feared that the same smile might appear as it feels like it very well might be.

@Itzal

-----

ID: 70176 - BD: 5+3=8

Itzal - HP: 780/780 / EN: 41/78 

Beatbox - HP: 575/575 / EN: 34/56 (Regen 1 Energy, Minus 8 Energy)

Boar1 - HP: 103/400 -48 (Bleeding 2/2)

Boar2 - HP: 103/400 -48 (Bleeding 2/2)

Boar3 - HP: 103/400 -48 (Bleeding 2/2)

Boar4 - HP: 103/400 -48 (Bleeding 2/2)

Action used to switch equipment

Itzal heard Beatbox' comment and as he watched his friend charge forward he began to think.  He wanted to get hit?  Then he put two and two together, realizing that he had thorns armor.  Perhaps he should be taking the damage from now on.  As he watched Beatbox land another hit, the four giant boar roared at him and worked together to ram him, pound him, and lashed their tusks at him.  Itzal knew his friend wanted to get hit for the sake of his armor, but he needed to get involved again.  However he noticed that their health was dropping fast.  So he took the liberty to switch his gear to his Twilight Cloak but he kept Oblivion ring on.  When he did he watched as the four boar flinched from the bleeding effect.  Beatbox was free to make another attack and Itzal called out to him.  "Make sure you don't kill them unless you get a good feeling!  We want some loot from these guys!"

ID#  70182  CD:  2  MD:  9

Itzal:  780/780  <>  45/78

Beatbox:  521/575  <>  34/56

Boars:  51/100

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had smiled as he got hit one by one by the four boar's seeing as their HP was dropping due to thorns. Beatbox smiled wider as he had saw that it was being successful, one by one their HP dropped more and more, then enough was enough and they stopped attacking, however now Beatbox had tested everything he wanted to test and he grew quickly bored and wanted to wait for Itzal to defeat them to get a bigger amount of col. Beatbox swung his sword without trying at one of the four boar's and jumped out of the way and watched Itzal strike against them as well bringing their health down more and more. Beatbox looked at Itzal with a smile and said to him "You're the one with better luck to get better rewards, you're going to kill them, not me." and let out another giggle as he continued to watch.

@Itzal

-----

ID: 70213 - BD: 4+3=7

Sword Art Used: Vertical (Base Damage Whoo!)

Itzal - HP: 780/780 / EN: 45/78 

Beatbox - HP: 575/575 / EN: 34/56 (Regen 1 Energy, Minus 1 Energy)

Boar1 - HP: 39/400 -12 (Bleeding 1/2)

Boar2 - HP: 51/400 (Bleeding 1/2)

Boar3 - HP: 51/400 (Bleeding 1/2)

Boar4 - HP: 51/400 (Bleeding 1/2)

When Beatbox moved aside Itzal knew it was time.  He charged forward, straight at the four monsters.  The huge boar glanced at Itzal but still focused on Beatbox.  They struck him again, dealing minor damage, and received thorns damage in the process.  One of the boar noticed Itzal charging his sword and realized their mistake too late.  With a roar Itzal released Shadow Explosion and leaped at the four and slashed, stabbed, and hacked through all four at the same time with each stroke of his icy sword.  When he finished the four mobs shattered into a thousand tiny crystals.  Itzal gasped for air but only for a few seconds before he was fully revived again.  The loot menu popped up and Itzal grinned when he saw they received eight thousand col each as well as double the materials.  He grinned to his friend.  "Well, looks like our hard work paid off.  Here's some more col my friend." 

Itzal:  780/780  <>  27/78

Beatbox:  471/575  <>  34/56

ID#  70215  BD:  5+2  LD:  19+8  MD:  7

Both players receive 8,000 col and 4 MAT

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal