[PP-F1] An Abrupt Start

It was the start of a new life out in the new world of Aincrad. But once he got in, he had to be honest, he was not too sure of himself. Never in his life had he seen such a real world. It was as if nothing changed. The town, it was a safe zone. Not a single being can be attacked. This was an observation he could make easily, sine players usually were not so nice and happy to each other while in this area. They tend to try to kill each other for loot, and maybe if you are lucky, you might end up having a little salt shaker come up to you and scream at you, just to give you a good reason to laugh. But he had to be honest, he knew that he was lost. But what was he able to do about it though? At this point, the most he could do was walk around aimlessly, hoping for something to happen, then maybe he could look into it, possibly turn the incident to something that gave him a bit of hope. With this, he momentarily forgot the real reason why he entered the virtual world, pacing over to the edge of the safe zone, stopping right at the border. However, as he looked around, he would begin to notice that despite them being different players, they all seemed to act the same. All of them had their weird predictable movements and chats, nothing too different. All of them seemed to be talking about future events, rather than the usual things he heard in the real world. It was as if all that mattered to them was the inside of the game, like real life did not matter to them.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyn had been walking aimlessly through the town. Just another day of surveying the so called "Town of Beginnings" If you could even call it that. The place was big enough to be considered a city by most. As the large crowds poured through the plazas and courtyards, Cyn got herself to blend into the crowd. Her face unchanged but having nothing on it except a single serious glare. Was she mad at anything? Probably not. That's just the way she looked. And of course it was no surprise that because of this, she wasn't with anyone. It was true, the girl had been alone for the majority of time she had spent in the virtual game Sword Art Online, and it didn't seem like she had made much progress either. However, that was all about to change very soon. Cyn had big plans for the near future. She was going to finally get out there and start fighting. Not only for her freedom, but for everyone's.

She was nearing the outskirts of the town, when the black haired girl had bumped into another player. Not intentional, obviously, so naturally she turned over to see a taller man with white hair. "Sorry." She grunted, observing him for a second before turning and continuing on her way.

A sudden short black-haired player would subtly bump into him, making him flinch a little bit, but it seemed like nothing intentional provided he had to judge based on the lightness of the nudge. This was confirmed as she seemed to utter the word "Sorry" under her breath. Now that she had said that, there was a chance to capitalize on it, considering her originality among the other players. A half smile would appear on his face as he found his first target. "It's all good, love." He would reply to her in turn as he would make his way to walk to her side by side. "May I ask where you are venturing off to? I have a task, and might need a little bit of assistance." The task would be to find monsters and raid them of their loot. That was about it. But he was not stupid, he full well knew when a battle was too much. Considering the risks that had been brought in this world, humbling oneself and asking for help was the best way to go. These types of people were a little tougher, but even their shell could break if given the chance. If she did help him, she would give him a kick start in his mission of gaining great loot. Right now, his luck was neutral, but maybe she can open up a successful world for him with this encounter. That's something he wont forget.

Cyn continued on her path, seemingly ignoring the man's response to her abrupt entrance. However, what he did next was not expected. He began walking beside the girl as she had her focus trained ahead of them. He would begin to ask her where she was going, and went on to ask her if she could help him with something. At this, Cyn simply raised an eyebrow and turned over to the white haired player as she kept walking. "And what might that be?" She said, ignoring his first inquiry as to where she had been headed. If she were to be honest, Cyn didn't really know how to handle this situation. NOt once had anyone randomly approached her asking for assistance on some (What she assumed) minuscule task. Perhaps it was just the personality the girl had. Lot's of people could be put off by that alone, but not this fella. What was his motive? "If it involves fighting you've come to the wrong person. I am too low a level to successfully kill anything..." She said, her eyes not moving from her path as the duo kept walking.

This was working much better than he had expected it to be. This girl did not have the strength to be fighting anything. For him, who was also too low of a level to do anything in combat, he was unable to do anything since he was lacking a weapon... Now that he thought about it, she herself did not have a weapon equipped on her being. Perfect, this is what Sey needed. Perhaps he could kill two birds with one stone, gaining the mass of the benefits, but this player herself might loot some good stuff as well. "Perhaps I might be able to change that." The white haired negotiater would offer, ignoring her first question for the moment. "How about this, since I need a bit of loot, how about I assist you in grinding so you can level up. And in return, once you are strong enough, you go looting with me." This was more of a fair balance now that he thought about it. But she did not know of the stat that he wanted to improve, he might as well let her in. After all, he did not need to look too weak, not while she could kill him if he dared give her the chance. "I will split the loot with you if you do. I am trying to make a luck build in the game, meaning the drops will be dope with me around." Another brief explanation before he'd offer his right hand out towards her, expecting a handshake if she would accept it. "My name is Sey by the way. Do we have a deal?"

(Mobile post)

Cyn continued to walk forward as the man spoke to her. He didn't seem put off by Cyn's nature yet, in fact he kept pushing for reasons that eluded her. Then he proposed a deal. At this, her expression turned confused, and she stared at him for a moment. "Like I had told you before, I'm much too weak in order to kill anything, and I'm sure you are too." She spoke honestly, looking him over. It was clear he was another low level like her. Hell, even without the looks, the fact that he was ASKING Cyn of all people for help told her that. She then went ahead to explain the situation further. "Also, even working together, I doubt we'd have much luck. The weakest mobs on this floor can kill us with 2 successful strikes. Not even counting the critical hits." She said bluntly. Surly he knew that? The only way low levels like them would be able to kill anything was with a bigger group, or a higher leveled player with them. She wasn't sure what his plan was. And he seemed a little odd as well. That feeling of Cyn's could be displayed flatly when he stated his name and held out his hand was met with dead silence and a cold stare...

"You want to level up, but think so certainly of not having a chance?" See, as a businessman, no angry persona could put him down. She was not too tough of a cookie in fact, seeing as she just admitted her low level to him. It was just about safe to say that they were in the same boat. Looks like he was going to have to strike another sensitive area. Placing his hand back in his pocket, he'd then continue to insist. "That is truly a shame. To think you could have looked so beautiful with a new weapon in your hand." With that, he would turn his back towards the town as he looked away from her, stopping in his place. "Oh well. If you really don't want me to get you one, fine by me~." The one thing that they could not resist was having something to make them sound higher than other people. This was all while assuming this girl is no different. One thing that must be noted is that in a two against one battle, they had the upper hand with a weapon. They just simply had to switch. Even with just one bit of loot, they would most likely level up since they are just starting out. Then let the grinding begin. If she does not want to fight them, she could at least just try to get a weapon, and he had a theory as to how. Just find a shop, where most NPCs give their first weapon for free for some reason, whether it be a failed attempt or just too dull.

Cyn (as per usual) was silent during Sey's entire speech. She just continued to stare at him with her serious expression. What an odd man. Cyn could obviously tell what he was trying to do. Baiting her with the promise of loot to aid him in his task. But facts were facts. Even with the two of them, she was skeptical about fighting anything with just two players. Also, this guy seemed to be playing a game of mental strength it appeared. However, she was still curious. If he was so bold to propose this offer to him, he had a plan to achieve it. "And how exactly do you intend on going about this?" She asked, crossing her arms. Ignoring his comment about how'd she look with a different weapon. "Seeing as you're just a low level like me, what luck stats could you have that would let you get what you want with this mind game you're trying to play with me." She said. "I mean, you must be good at what you do seeing as I'm still talking to you, but I doubt your weapon is as quick as your tongue." Cyn stated bluntly, with a somewhat amused expression on her face.

"Let's just say that I know how to build myself up from nothing." He'd go directly to the last statement she had made. Now it was time for a simple question. "If you think I don't have the luck yet, you are right. Just like how do not have any levels." His right wrist would roll once as he looked over towards her, his winning complexion showing with his smile still being flashed to her. It was fun to do this sort of activity. "Think of it like an investment, if you will. I don't have much now, but with an extra hand, I can get my luck." He would then place his right hand out towards her, sticking out his pointer finger. "In return, you can then use my loots which will be more likely than not rare for players. As for how to get the weapon, it is a pretty easy step. But I need go know you are with me before I can do anything with ya."

Cyn listened to his speech for a few moments, still having her arms crossed as he ranted on. By the end of it, her face was unchanged. Clearly he thought it out. Or at least that's the way he made it seem like. People will say anything just to get alliances. Cyn just stared at him for a moment before responding. "And what is your grand plan then, Mr. Sey?" She questioned. She had yet to say anything about being on board with his little quest, but it had interested her enough to at least hear him out. Not like she had anything better to do anyways. She simply walked up to him. "And how do I know I can trust you as well? You could just as easily keep all the loot you gain for yourself. How convincing has your... Business training made you?"

This girl could work for him back in the real world if she and him both lived at the end of it, she was a tough one to get through for sure. One that had the stubbornness of a mule was most certainly welcome. He was able to reply however, seeing how there are still plenty of people who were as strong as she was with their words. "I'll keep it brief. I want treasure and the best equipment, being on the frontlines seems like something exciting. Why waste a perfectly good world and not try to explore it?" Sey would explain with his honesty before the lady would approach him, standing right in front of him. The height difference was painfully obvious. She would ask him why she should trust him. This was a smart one, so he would not try to mess with her. Taking advantage of others requires the target to be ignorant. This one however, her boldness would keep her in existence. "Look at my crystal, and tell me what color it is. I have yet to attack others for their loot, and would rather not. In MMO's, you need allies, smart ones at that. As for business training, you will find no one better."

Edited by Sey

Finally, he explained himself for what he was. Not that Cyn hadn't known from the beginning, but the fact that he didn't say that from the start made her suspicious about his intentions. Luckily his explanation was sound, so Cyn thought she'd humor herself for a little longer. "For a guy who seems like he's thought this through, you were very quick to pick someone you thought would assist you." She told him. Cyn was just making sure she had gotten all the pieces of this puzzling man before she decided to do anything. It sill seemed odd that he asked her of all people. When there were probably dozens of more capable people around here. Not to mention he couldn't have known her from anywhere before, unless he had stalked her. She didn't want to think about that though. "Randomly picking opportunities was something they taught you?"

That was true, a little bit of a flaw in him was him being a little bit too quick to draw the gun. He was a human at the end of the day, and there were weaknesses in them. However, she tried to point it out to him, so he must take it with pride so that it would not look as if he were on the bad side of things. If anything, he might have been as annoying to her as a telemarketer was, but that was the point. "Perhaps a little bit impulsive, but my senses usually steer me right anyways. Besides, you are the only one here that seems to have any form of color here." Sey would look around to see all of the other beings doing the same thing, the NPCs and the players did not look too different from what he could see. They were all too casual, having the same sort of actions. Were they afraid of versatility or something? Was being different so much of a problem? "In the world of business, opportunities knock on your door a lot."

Cyn raised an eyebrow at his comment about color. That's when she turned to see all the other players and NPC's walking about, but she didn't really understand what he meant by it. Only followed by her expression turning confused. She didn't know how she felt about that comment. She then thought silently to herself for a few moments, before looking back up at Sey. "And If I agreed to help you, where would you go first?" She questioned, still unsure about this. He seemed smart enough to know what he was doing, but she was still a little nervous if his idea of gaining loot required the two of them to go mob hunting at the moment.

That was the moment to take advantage of, her consideration of the process. There was one step that she had yet to acknowledge, the fact that most tutorials tend to give some sort of reward at the end of them. Nothing too huge, but something of influence. Surely at least a level up for the both of them. This was just based on the games that he usually played however, and should be taken with a grain of salt. However, that grain of salt was the painfully obvious difference between him seeming trustworthy about the situation and him completely blowing it off. There had been worse odds however, so gambling with these odds are not too hard to do. "First, I'd probably consider the tutorial. Provided you played any other MMO, you tend to have a certain set of recommended tasks to help learn the game." Sey would roll his wrist around as he looked at it, eyes half-closed as if he knew this thing like the back of his hand. "Basically, would you not think that getting a weapon would be apart of that process? Now let's use some common sense here. If we can't fight monsters that drop weapons, the next place we'd need to go is a shop. Oh, and don't worry about the Col, I bet I can predict what will happen upon arrival." It went back to the previous theory that he had about what happened if a new player went to the shop. That the NPC would have some dull weapon to give to them for a starter, allowing them to at least have somewhat of a fighting chance. If this happened and his theory of leveling up worked as he expected, they should get to the second level. Even then though, she might feel a bit of discomfort to fight from that moment, so he might have to ease up on her a bit. "If it seems a bit much after that, we can go hunting another day if you so wish." A simple offer.

At his comment about playing other MMO's, Cyn sorta avoided eye contact for a small moment, and squeezed her arms a bit. Her "nervous" display that meant she hadn't actually played any sort of MMO before SAO came into the picture, so she had been worried she'd be at a huge disadvantage because of this. However, she didn't think about it for too long, as Sey continued to explain his plan to her. He mentioned the tutorial. Cyn had to admit it wasn't something she had considered before, seeing as SAO's basic mechanics were pretty easy to understand just by being in it for a few days. When you're forced to play a video game for a long period of time, you end up discovering how it works with or without any sort of instructions to guide you.

"If there's a weapon involved, I may try it. But why would you need my help with this?" Tutorials weren't meant to be very hard, so Cyn was still curious as to why Sey had asked for her help in this field.

She was finally on his side, it took a bit of work, but it ended up having a decent payout. It felt good to have a bit of assistance with this task as well as give her something to work with in combat. The question she had asked him however was rather odd. Honestly, he did not need help with getting a weapon. It was just to give her a weapon, and giving her a reason to put a bit of faith in him. This was his investment, when they both were of a bit higher in level, they can take on mobs and begin to increase his luck. "Do I need help with getting a weapon you ask? No. I'm just trying to get you a weapon, and maybe we can just leave it as that. If we get the weapon, maybe when we level up a bit, perhaps you'd like to go on a hunt with me?" He'd ask. If not, then he might let her go. It was not like she had to say yes, and he would still help her anyways. Not just because it was the right thing to do, but it was something that she would most likely remember him for in the future. Sey felt that they would be crossing more than once, and he also felt that he'd need an assist since his beginning build would be fragile.

Apparently he wanted to get Cyn a weapon. She had to admit that was not something she had been expecting at all. This man was seriously trying to get on her good side just so she could help in the future? That was strange to be sure, but she wasn't expecting him to not follow his word. Not after all the effort he put into trying to convince Cyn to help him. With a sight sigh, she replied. "Alright, if you can get me a weapon, then I won't push you away." She said. After all, what was the worst he could do? Attempt to attack her? That would probably be a stupid idea right outside the largest safe zone in the game. She looked him over one more time before speaking. "I'm Cyn." She stated, before turning and walking towards the fields outside the starter city.

"Glad to do business with you Cyn." He would state simply without showing any more positive of an emotion. This "Cyn" was on his side, and after a good deal of time. Predicting potential was most certainly difficult to do, but if anyone had any form of originality from the crowd, it was this person. He'd turn his back before then waving his hand from behind to the front. Something more like a "Come on" sort of thing. "First, let's find a shop. But one ran by an NPC. Don't expect any originality from them when they speak to you, they will most certainly give you the same message." With that, he just simply paced his his hands by his sides, swinging loosely. Unfortunately, there were no pockets to place them inside. Stupid default clothes. And shops did not tend to give free items of other sorts, just weaponry based on what he knew.

As Cyn continued to walk, she stopped, noticing that Sey wasn't headed in the same direction as her. Shrugging it off, she began to follow him. He told her that the first thing they needed to do was find a shop. Apparently he was sure they'd be giving away weapons for free. That didn't sound very likely, and even if it was, why did she need his help to do this? Shrugging it off, Cyn would just continue to walk beside the taller man to see where this ended up. It wasn't long until the duo had reached the market plaza, where players of all levels gathered with NPC's to conduct trade. Even though this was the first floor, it still had very good loot for the players that could afford it.

She took one look around, and then turned over to Sey. "Alright Business man. Where do we go first? Think you can haggle the NPC's?" She said with a slight chuckle.