[PP-F1] Expanding

The more he went out to express himself, the more that players seem to open themselves to him as well. All of them were rather nice based on what he say, so the player killing system still had him confused. The fact that it was a thing was still very concerning, which is why he spent a lot of time in a safe zone rather than out in the open world where he was exposed to danger. Considering his alarmingly low level one stat, he would rather stay on the inside of the borders so that nothing would end up happening to him. The players that were on the first floor were about his level as well, so this was where he should make some connections, whether they be for business or just simply for fun. Eventually, they could all level up together and serve some really good use in the future. What a beautiful day that would be, but for now, he had to start low. Both his hands were in his pockets as he would walk around the town, seeing if there was a player character to spark a conversation with.

• 4 weeks later...

Standing at the gate of the Town of Beginnings, right at the edge of the safezone, Aoda looked out on the grassy fields that covered the floor. So many thoughts raced through the man's head. "Should I go out? What if something goes wrong? No, I need to become strong." Although fear traveled throughout his body, he tried his best to be brave. His goal was to see his family again and he couldn't sit back while the players on the frontlines worked hard for him. The noirette's hands left his pockets and crossed over his chest as he leaned up against the wall. For a moment, his mind traveled back to the days before Sword Art Online. Aoda never thought he'd miss his family as much as he did. Then, he snapped back to reality. "If I work hard I'll see them again." He told himself, before looking back out towards the fields and taking a deep breath.

It didn't take him too long to hear something that stood out from the crowd. "I'll see them again." But upon seeing his gear when turning towards the direction he heard the voice from, he cold instantly tell from the starter clothing that he was not talking about players from the game. Far too new for that. "Missing the ones on the outside I assume?" Sey would make a comment as he would make his way over to the interesting character in front of him. Another player that talked to themselves, but this one seemed to be more concerned about the outside world rather than the game itself. If he can't redirect his focus, Sey was not sure how long this player was going to last in the game. "Perhaps you might want to see them again. They seemed to be smart enough to not yank the nervegear off of you." A little cryptic, but that was exactly how he liked himself to be masked as. He meant no harm, it was just in his nature.

Aoda spun around to meet the eyes of the unknown man behind him. A relatively tall, white-haired young man, seemingly around the noirette's own age, awaited his response. "They're smart, I wouldn't expect them to try pulling it off of my head and I'm definitely glad they didn't," He chuckled, "But yes, to answer your question, I am missing my family. Aren't you?" He asked in a curious tone, wondering whether or not he cared about getting out of this game. The dark-haired swordsman had always had a feeling that there were people who's lives were better inside SAO than outside. Or perhaps he simply had no one to go to. It sounded sad, but very possible. The stranger suddenly became interesting, making Aoda intrigued to learn more. "My name's Aoda. Nice to meet you." 

The man was collected, seemingly-tame with the sudden presence of the cryptic player. He most certainly was like him, they were both new to the game. Upon having his questioned returned back to him, he'd roll his wrist around in a circle. "Perhaps. But I don't intend to let that slow me down. They aren't my family until I get out of here." He'd explain as he would place his hands in his pockets, looking towards the right side as the winds gently blew in that direction. "Nothing in that world matters, as it is now just a prized being held over our heads. Honestly, I'd take the time to appreciate this temporary new life while we still have it. After all, it won't be too long until we are sent out of here." He'd then looked back to the dark-haired player, who introduced himself as Aoda. An interesting username, but none too unusual compared to Sey. "Much obliged. The name's Sey. It's always nice to meet players with potential. Do you intend to grow in this game? Or just sit idly by like many other players have?"

• 3 weeks later...

Aoda studied the man who stood before him. "You're strong, Sey. Much stronger than I've been so far. I think I've been looking at this game wrong," He stated, looking back out towards the fields, "I've wasted too much time already. I think I should take some time to use this game as a vacation before claiming the big prize." The noirette thought seriously about what he wanted out of this. The man was beginning to see how beautiful the game was as he looked out towards the sky and plain ahead of him. Grass danced gracefully in the light wind, which was quite peaceful. Somewhere in the distance, a group of boars sat idly, most likely waiting for a player to step into aggro range. What would I do if I were brave? The young player asked himself. His answer was halted as his thought was interrupted by the man's question.

"In my opinion, everyone has potential. The only difference between me and the other players who haven't left this city is that I am now deciding to take initiative, with help from your words of wisdom. I do intend to grow." 

He was intending to grow, which was a huge help for the land, for they need all of the hands that they were able to obtain from the game. This guy was going to be a fighter, now hopefully he would last long. Sey did not want to see anyone that he worked with to shatter to pieces of data later on in the game. "They say that the tree will be known by the fruit, not the appearance. And your appearance suggest that you won't survive too long in the game with the kinds of things you have right now. I assume you know a currency that goes by the name, Col." Sey explained as he would place his let hand in his pocket, right hand gripped on the spear as he held it down to the ground. He'd then continue the explanation. "One of the quickest ways to get Col is to simply fight monsters, though it only rewards you depending on the health of the highest player. So even getting col would be a struggle for you. Ever considered getting a living?"

Aoda had known about the game's currency, however he didn't have even the slightest idea how he could obtain any. He knew killing mobs was an option, but with his gear? That was out of the question. Then, Sey spoke of work, which he assumed meant starting a shop. He had seen players who ran their own places, but the noirette had never considered himself to be much of a shopkeeper. Outside of Aincrad, he had never had any experience working at a cash-register in a store or anything of the sort. Unimportant roles in an office were all the lad had ever worked. He didn't think that was an option in a world like this. "I've never really thought about it," He replied, "What kinds of options are there for work as of now?"

Becoming a cook was definitely a bad idea, since Aoda could barely make eggs without messing something up in the process. Blacksmith and tailor seemed boring to him. Maybe alchemy could be interesting, but I'd like to know what the rest of my choices are first.

Edited by Aoda

His violet eyes would look upwards as his head would move up as well, showing that he was trying to recollect as many of the professions as he could. However, he did not quite know all of them. So he was not too familiar with it and can't give all of the data that this player was most likely looking for. "Let's see, if I can remember correctly..." This was probably going to take a bit of air, so he took this chance to breathe in deeply before continuing on. "From the top of my head, there are Blacksmiths, which work a lot with the metal. There are Tailors, they make all sorts of clothing and soft items. Alchemists, they are more into potions. Artisans, they are able to craft special trinkets and good luck charms. I myself am a cook, and I make all sorts of foods. Performers are able to sell songs, which are mainly used to fight monsters. I think there are some more on that list, but I am not too sure about what they are."

• 1 month later...

(Been busy, sorry my dude. :P)

"I see. Artisan sounds like it could be an interesting choice." The man replied. Aoda hated working, however he was in need for a bit of col. Back in the real world, he held an online shop where he took many people's art commissions. How different could it be in a virtual world? "So you're a cook? Which floor is your shop located? I'd love to stop by some time. I like to think of myself as a food connoisseur." He said with a chuckle.

Now that he had decided on a job, he was interested on leveling. "I'm aware that I am too low of a level to fight outside of the safezones, by myself at least. How did you go about gaining levels, if you don't mind me asking?"