[SP-F1] Material Gathering, and Ship Building <<Earning A Living>>

Khrysaor was finishing a hard days work in his quaint little shop, when he noticed he was running out of material. He knew he needed to get started on gathering some more material for his crafts otherwise, he would not have a chance to create more masterpieces for sometime. So, with those thoughts Khrysaor geared up for some battling and mob killing. He went outside and closed up shop for the day and hung a sign up saying he will busy for the rest of the day and shop will open up on time the next day. He started his long trek to the teleportation gates, it took him almost 15 minutes to reach the town square where the teleportation gates were located. As he walked up to the teleportation gate he thought, 'I hope this doesn not take the whole day... otherwise... this would be such a drag.' He stepped up and into the gate where he was surrounded by the blue light and stated, "Teleport-Floor 1, Starting Town." He disappeared in a swirl of bluish-white light.

Edited by Khrysaor

Only to reappear a moment later in the center plaza of the Town of Beginnings. He looked around at the very familiar town, by now he knew the town like the back of his hands. He could navigate all the streets and has the whole city mapped into his memories. He decided that he might as well take a look at if there were any new shops with in the market district of the town, he might as well go and stroll around in the market of the Town to see if there were any new shops opened in the area.

So with that thought, Khrysaor quickly stepped away from the teleportation gate to go hunt for a career. He took all the short cuts he knew before he reached the shopping district, and started to look around at all the different stores. Since, he was already a pretty good blacksmith, he crossed that out of his mind and didn't pay any close attention to the shops pertaining to his current field of work. Since, he could make anything he wanted.

He saw many tailor and artisan shops, and went into look around at all the clothes made by the tailors. There was a whole variety from vanity to perfect items. Same with the artisan shops, from jewel, to small trinkets.

Edited by Khrysaor

As Khrysaor got closer to the center of the shopping district he saw other stores like one with performers and fisherman. He wasn't able to picture himself as a performer, he did not feel like he was cut out to singing and dancing. Becoming a fisherman would be to boring for him, he couldn't see himself being patient for all that long. The only time he knew to be patient was when it was a life or death situation or if patience was required of him for a serious task. He still checked out to the shops to see what kind of songs and fish were in stock, but not willing to buy anything.

The last few shops were the cooking and the alchemist shops. He went mostly into the bakeries and food stores because of the nice aromas that were wafting in the air. He drooled at all the creations wanting to buy something, but knew better than that. He thought, 'I better stop wasting time around here why don't I start heading out into the fields.'

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor headed in the direction of the large gates that lead out of the safe zone of the town of Beginnings. He slowly walked out of the gates all the while going through his inventory so that he could equip his armor, sword and shield.

He  decided he wanted to stretch his body a bit before getting into any major fights, so he decided he would cut down some trees to try and search for some bundles of wood. He went in search for a good quality tree that should give him a decent pile of wood.

He was searching for a good half hour before he came across few trees, he went towards one of the larger trees and used his sword to cut a few larger branches off the tree, before he tried to extract a bundle.

He went towards it and touched it asking if he wanted to extract the material and when he confirmed he did, a big bundle came out and when he checked the stats he was surprised to have gotten a rare quality. After, checking the stats he placed the bundle into his inventory.

ID# 71279

LD: 16

Rare Bundle of Wood

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor was ecstatic with his find that he tried to give another whirl at finding more rare quality wood. He decided since he got such a good find from the tree he chose that he would try taking it from the same tree. This time he got into a more battle ready stance so he could also practice swinging his sword like he was in a actual battle.

He ran towards the tree and jumped in the air and swiped every which way cutting branches from the tree. Once, he landed from his jump on the main trunk of the tree he jumped off sideways going for a larger arc and cut off a few more branches before he landed and rolled on the ground.

He turned around to gather up the branches and accepted the extracting of materials. and looked over the stats once again. Scanning the information, he was happy to have extracted successfully another bundle of rare quality wood.

ID# 71280

LD: 13

+1 Rare Bundle of Wood

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood

Edited by Khrysaor

He wanted to try his hand at killing off some MOBs of boars so he started to walk to part of the field where he knew he would find the most simplest and easy to kill off mobs with many in number. He sighed happily knowing killing off some mobs of animals would not be too hard.

It did not take him even 10 minutes to get there and out in the distance he could already see a mob of boars that were munching on there mid-day snack. He wanted to surprise them with his attack and wanted to strike them down on his first attack, so he activated his <<Concentration>> skill and went in for a fast and quick strike, he entered the center of the boar formation and used his sword art Farrant Full Moon on the already confused boars. The boars didn't get so much as a chance to look confused before they pooped up away in red pixels, instantly killing them, and did not have any room for them to retaliate.

Concentration Activated - Cooldown (5/5)

ID# 70700

BD: 5 +1 = 6 | MD: 3 | LD: 9 (Nothing)

Farrant Full Moon = 3x1 - AoE - (6 Energy)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 38/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Boar 1: 0/4 HP | 10 DMG - DEAD

Boar 2: 0/4 HP | 10 DMG - DEAD

Boar 3: 0/4 HP | 10 DMG - DEAD

Boar 4: 0/4 HP | 10 DMG - DEAD

Loot: +1 Normal Animal Fat

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +1 Normal Animal Fat

Edited by Khrysaor

After, defeating his very first mob for the day, he sighed thinking, 'Troublesome, that was too easy I wouldn't even need a shield and armor on to fight these suckers.' He went in search for another group and saw many, many different mobs he could take down.

Khrysaor slowly walked to the closest of the mobs and was pretty loud about it this time to at least give them a chance to retaliate this time. After a few seconds the boars noticed his appraoch and got themselves into a fighting ready position. The boars started to charge him in a pincer movement, which brought up a bright idea for how Khrysaor would counter it.

At the very last moment when the boars were coming into striking distance from Khrysaor did he jump straight into the air and let the 4 boar collide into each other, cause them to become disoriented and move in a erratic pattern. After, the boars were a meter apart from each other, is when Khrysaor landed from his jump and got back into his spinning stance and activated the previous sword art again, striking down all his enemies again, and again killing them off for some more normal animal fat.

Khrysaor decided he wanted a little higher chance in getting some more loot after he saw he did not get much this time around either, so he swithced out his shield for his small plushie, which would give him a better chance at getting some loot. He attached the plushie to the hilt of his sword.

Concentration - Cooldown (4/5)

+1 NRG Regen

ID# 70702

BD: 7 | MD: 3 | LD: 10 (Nothing)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 33/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +2 Normal Animal Fat

Edited by Khrysaor

'Now that I have my plushie it will hopefully make things easier for me to gather the ship building parts. Hehehehe.'  was thinking Khrysaor. He was so lost in thought that he didn't see the boars that came out of the bush that was close to his position. 

The boars charged straight into his armor which damaged him some but also knocked the boars away as well because of the activation of <<Thorns>>.

He muttered while wiping his forehead, "Phew, my armor is a double-edged sword for the enemy, if I am lucky the enemies own attack is used against them damaging them even more than me."

Thinking Khrysaor had the advantage, he went in for an attack on the closest boar and swung his sword down upon it, but as the strike almost came into contact with the boar it disappeared in a swirl of red pixels, letting his sword pass straight through air. With the unexpected event he lost balance of his body and tumbled to the ground landing a few meters from his original position. He tried to inaudibly mumble with his face in the ground, "Well that sucked, I should have thought of that. That my armor's enhancements would be enough to defeat them"

Concentration - Cooldown (3/5)

+1 NRG Regen

-2 NRG - MISSED

Thorns Activated - 14 DMG

ID# 70705

BD: 1 | MD: 8 | LD: 18 + 2 = 20 (LOOT)

Khrysaor: 439/440 HP | 32/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Loot: +2 Normal Animal Fat (1 extra for getting +19 loot dice) | +1 Mat

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +3 Normal Animal Fat | +1 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

It took Khrysaor a few minutes to get his head back on and start moving again. He slowly got up and stretched his back and neck, and thought, 'Note to self: If thorns activates at any time, think that the enemy is gone and never coming back again. I do not want to go through that experience again.'  As he had time to look around at his surrounding he got surprised that a mob of boars were already heading his way, but this group was sticking together not spreading out like the previous mobs did.

'It seems like they have learned from the previous failures and regrouped making it harder for me to use the sword art. They have regrouped and are ready for my attacks this time around. Maybe my best course of action would be to wait it out for now and let them do the first strike.' thought Khrysaor. He was trying to come up with a way to set up the boars so they surrounded him and then he would be in perfect striking range to go full out with his 360 degree spinning sword art.

He had small ideas churning in his head and hoped it would come to fruition. It might damage him somewhat but in the long run he would have the boars situated where he would like them. The boars went in charging at him one after the other, Khrysaor made sure to be ready to stand his ground. He waited with open arms, allowing for the boars to charge straight into his armor, making sure not to tumble down and then with his sword, he forced to boar into a specified location.

Khrysaor repeated this three more time until all the boars were circling him again. He could see the boars were also affected by his torns again and thought, 'That must be also why the boars allowed me to easily dispose of them in specified location because they were slightly knocked around the loop.' Khrysaor was panting and sweating with all the assertion, but still stood tall, and went into the same motion and activated his Farrant Full Moon, slicing all the boars once again.

Concentration - Cooldown (2/5)

+1 NRG Regen

HP Regen Activated

ID# 70709

BD: 8 | MD: 6 | LD: 8 + 2 = 10 (Nothing)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 27/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +4 Normal Animal Fat | +1 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor took a small breather and slightly leaned against his sword which was slammed into the ground, making sure to keep his focus on the enemies that could be seen everywhere on the field, he did not feel like getting another unexpected visit from one of those mob pests. He shouted, "For crying out loud, even thought these boars are such pests, and have such low stats that it is easy defeating them, but they are still such a handful." His loud words caused some of the boars that were nearby to look up, and Khrysaor sweatdropped thinking, 'I screwed up there, why on earth did I speak so loudly now I am under scrutiny from one of the mobs that look prepared to attack me.'

He noticed the enemies charging him upfront, and on preparing for the oncoming onslaught he brought his sword forward. He could also see that the boars were attacking in a straight line so he got another great idea.

As the enemy was upon him, Khrysaor again activated his sword art and spun around. He first used his armor to block the attack from the boar and to knock it around a little before he made a horizontal sweep with his sword flinging to boar to the side, all the while getting ready and repeating his move on the following boars three more times with each swing of his sword going in the opposite direction. The end result was the killing off of some more pests.

He also noted down that a few of his enhanced abilities and skills came into play, which he thought he did not even need because of the small health the group of mobs had.

Concentration - Cooldown (1/5)

+1 NRG Regen

HP Regen Activated

Bleed Activated

Paralyze Activated

ID# 70711

BD: 10 | MD: 6 | LD: 9 + 2 = 11 (Nothing)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 22/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +5 Normal Animal Fat | +1 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor
  • 2 weeks later...

After, the previous boars were defeated, Khrysaor took a small break to get his body back into full form and get ready for some more grinding. He tilted his head up and watched as the clouds drifted through the sky, and out of no where he used his hands to slap himself on either side on his cheeks to wake himself up and thought, 'Stop lollygagging Khrysaor, need to get some work done and get to finishing building that ship of ours.'

He ignored the small aches and got to a standing position and looked around for his next target. He zeroed his eyes on a few enemies playing around with each other and thought they would make the perfect target. Khrysaor thought it would be best to act and think of it as a real battle for survival even though his life was not in any danger.

He started to run at high speeds but tried to be as silent as possible while doing it. He got within range of using his sword art, but did not get a chance as he saw the boars instantly make there move and headbutted him straight on, making him tumble back a few meters.

Concentration - Cooldown (0/5) - CAN USE AGAIN

+1 NRG Regen

HP Regen Activated

Bleed

Paralyze

ID# 71284

BD: 2 | MD: 6 | LD: 16 + 2 (Nothing)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 21/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +6 Normal Animal Fat | +1 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

"Seriously, its just not my lucky day today now is it. It should be simple taking these boars down and I am still making a fool out of myself by fighting them so carelessly. If I was up against a stronger foe, I would have certainly be a goner." mumbled Khrysaor from where he was once more on the ground. He got up and made sure he was ready this time, he wanted to knock these boars down a peg a two. He found his next prey and this time he was not going to screw it up. He ran full throttle at the unsuspecting mob, which happened to be snoozing. As he got closer, he started to make smaller strides in his run as to force his feet to make less sound, so as to not notify the sleeping boars to his presence. Once he was in range, he did not hesitate and activated his sword art, on the boars that happened to be still sleeping. and killed it without the boars even getting a chance to open its eyes, and out popped up another normal animal fat without any extras.

Concentration - CAN USE AGAIN

+1 NRG Regen

HP Regen Activated

ID# 71285

BD: 7 | MD: 5 | LD: 6 + 2 = 8 (Nothing)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 16/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +7 Normal Animal Fat | +1 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor was thinking, 'Now, that is what I am talking about, a little more of those easy kills and that material will be in the bag.' Khrysaor looked towards his stats to see how much experience he got and if he was any closer to leveling up, but when he looked at it he got a bit confused, 'Why, am not even close to levelling up , especially since taking down so many enemies...." Then Khrysaor bopped his forehead with his hand and said, "These guys are just small fry of course they won't give me the SP I need to go up in levels. How stupid am I?"

Khrysaor just decided to go with the flow and forget about it and searched for his next target, but he did not need to look far because a group of boars were coming at him and at the last minute before he was hit, Khrysaor activated his sword art knocking the boars away and killing them. "It's far to easy, and now I am getting the hang of this." said Khrysaor.

+1 NRG Regen

HP Regen Activated

Bleed Activated

Paralyze Activated

ID# 71286

BD: 10 | MD: 7 | LD: 2 + 2 = 4 (Nothing)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 11/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +8 Normal Animal Fat | +1 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor was starting to feel unusually tired, even more so than he really should. He tried to see what was wrong but when he looked at his energy gauge he figured it out. 'Ah, what a drag, I am almost out of energy here. If this keeps up it won't take me long till my energy is all depleted. I maybe should take a rest after one or two more battles.' thought Khrysaor. While, he was distracted because his energy levels and how tired he felt, he did not notice the lurking danger approaching him.

As the enemy boars were a few meters away from him, he heard the pitter-patter of the hooves hitting the grass and turned just in time to see boars jumping him. Khrysaor tried to get out of the way, which was only reflex, but his reflexes were also slowed down because of his energy and could not escape the full brunt of the attack which made him fly towards one of the trees and collide against it.

As he looked up to see the condition of the boars, he saw them nowhere only seeing the red pixels floating in the air indicating the boars to have died.

+1 NRG Regen

Thorns Activated

ID# 71360

BD: 5 | MD: 10 | LD: 18 + 2 = 20 (LOOT)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 10/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Loot: +2 Normal Animal Fat | +1 Mat

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +10 Normal Animal Fat | +2 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor slowly picked himself up by leaning against the tree he collided in earlier, and tried to ease some of the pain he felt on his back by rubbing it. "Ah, that hurts. I think it is time for me to go into hiding for a little bit so I can get my strength back up again" moaned Khrysaor.

He used his sword as a walking stick and quickly tried to flee the scene so he wouldn't get entangled in another battle. He could just see the outskirts of the field which would take him to a spot where there are rarely any animals to fight. But before he could make he heard some oinking behind him indicating a group of boars had spotted him, and without even turning around he could tell they were running straight at him. Khrysaor activated his sword art just at the last minute and killed off the boars, all without turning around to even face the enemy. Khrysaor swiped away the loot window, not even caring to take a glance at it.

+1 NRG Regen

ID# 71536

BD: 6 | MD: 1 | LD: 7 + 2 = 9 (Nothing)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 5/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Total Loot:

+2 Rare Bundle of Wood | +11 Normal Animal Fat | +2 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor didn't want any more trouble, and was lucky enough that he reached the outskirts of the field, to  a little more of a wooded area. He sighed in relief thinking he was home free for the time being and safe. He walked a little further in until until he  reached a small clearing that had a lake in it.

He walked towards one of the trees and laid his sword beside it, all the while taking his armor off him so that he could get a small breather and not worry about lugging around such heavy items on him. He then walked towards the lake and put his soaring feet into it. The moment his feet touched the water he felt so much relief enter his body and felt nice with the cool temperature of the water cooling him off.

He took a moment before he decided to take a dip in the water, so he took of his shirt and pants and climbed down into the water with only his underpants. He looked at his body and saw some bruises and no real injuries. Since, he didn't really see much of a drop in health.

NRG recharge (1/3)

Edited by Khrysaor

Thinking about his energy made him want to look at it. When he looked at it he was kind of shocked that he had let it drop to such a extent that if he wasn't careful and got into another battle he would have a hard time, even if they were boars that could be easily taken down.

After, he felt up to it Khrysaor started to swim at a slow speed around the lake to take his mind off of anything to do with the game for a little bit of the time. He dived into the lake on the deep end and looked around at the sights that he could see underwater. In his mind he thought it looked beautiful with some of the underwater fish and some of the underwater plant life flourishing below water.

It took him almost a minute and a half before he needed oxygen in his lungs, so he went back and broke through the surface of the water to catch his breath and take in some well needed air. He was gasping for breath and took only deep breaths, so that he could try to bring his heart beat to a steady pace.

NRG recharge (2/3)

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor decided that he had enough time to relax, it was time to get back to work. He slowly made his way out of the water, and stretched his body a bit. Feeling much more better, he was relaxed and more energized and ready to rumble. He made his way towards where he left his clothes on the ground beside the lake and picked them up to put on. After, he was done placing his clothes on him, he turned to the tree he laid his other items upon and headed in that direction.

As he walked he thought to himself, "Troublesome, and now it seems like I have to wear this heavy-assed armor again." He picked up the armor, wincing at how heavy it felt in his hands and was about to place it on him before he stopped suddenly and thought, 'This is a good area to cut some trees down, I might get some good quality wood. Why don't I try it out and see, at least it will be better than having to wear the armor again any time soon.'

With that thought he placed his armor back where it was and instead took out his sheathed sword and unsheathed it slowly. Watching the sun reflected away from the surface of the blade, and headed in the direction of a tree which he thought might give him some good wood. He slowly went through the process of cutting pieces away from the tree and extracted the wood for it to turn into some rare quality wood.

NRG recharge (3/3) Completed

ID# 71543

LD: 12 + 2 = 14

Loot: +1 Rare Bundle of Wood

Total Loot:

+3 Rare Bundle of Wood | +11 Normal Animal Fat | +2 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor was yet again surprised at his luck for finding another rare bundle, and thought, 'It looks like I am having better luck at gathering wood than fat, and I should be better at finding fat than I should the wood. What are the chances of that happening?' He knew with how his luck is going he should may be try his hand at gathering more pieces of wood for now, and he knew anything was better than wearing that armor again.

He took out his sword again and went back to the same tree that he found the rare quality and started to hack at it with more vigor hoping to find more rare and if not rare, at least he could may be find noble instead which would be even better. He gathered up all the pieces of wood he could and extracted some of it which turned into another rare bundle of wood. He sighed with relief and took another small break and thought about how his day has been going so far.

ID# 71552

LD: 14 + 2 = 16

Loot: +1 Rare Bundle of Wood

Total Loot:

+4 Rare Bundle of Wood | +11 Normal Animal Fat | +2 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor

As Khrysaor thought about his day so far, 'I have had a pretty rough day overall, but its been fun too. In the end, I got a pretty good haul of items, and my luck has not been so bad.' He decided it was about time to start looking for some fat again, so headed in the direction of the armor to put it on him.

When out of the blue he heard some shuffling of feet in the distance which stopped him in his tracks and mumbled, "Oh, [censored] not now, I do not even have my armor on yet." He quickly ran like the wind to his armor and picked it up to wear. He could still hear the enemy approaching and they were not too far now. Khrysaor was able to get the last bit of armor on him in the nick of time, because as he fastened the last hook of his armor, out popped some wolves who attacked straight away without any sign, and rammed themselves into his armor killing them because of the activation of Thorns.

+1 NRG Regen

Thorns Activated

ID# 71556

BD: 5 | MD: 6 | LD: 2 + 2 = 4 (Nothing)

Khrysaor: 440/440 HP | 44/44 NRG | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 from rank 3 in sword + 1 potion) | 52 MIT (18 shield + 34 Block) | Concentration | 18 Regen | 14 Thorns | Bleed | Paralyze

Total Loot:

+4 Rare Bundle of Wood | +12 Normal Animal Fat | +2 Mat

Edited by Khrysaor