[PP-F2] This Life We Live (Domarus, Wolfie) [COMPLETE]

Wolfie enters the city of Urbus in what could equate to a trance like state. His eyes seem empty and distant. Suddenly and quickly he blinks his multicolored eyes. “Where am I?” he asks out loud to no one. “I don’t recall coming here….” Looking around he gains no clues, then proceeds to look at his menu for a map. “Urbus, Floor Two,” he mumbles the gravelly anger becoming more prevalent in his voice, “I guess I better make use of this while I can.” Wolfie sighs and walks to the nearest tavern, lighting a cigarette, pleading with the game to allow him to feel the reassuring sensation of nicotine even though it was a virtual cigarette. Disappointed there was no rush like he wanted, the buzz never came. “Damn… maybe I can find a working pack as a quest Item…” he said trailing off as he reached the Tavern. The wooden doors stood still, but light was coming from the window. Illuminating the air as the sun set over the edge of the crater. 

Edited by Wolfie

Domarus had come to this floor to test his armor and equipment, to see if he could take this floor as easily as the first one.  He wasn't disappointed.  As he obliterated the creature in front of him, Keres, his servant and possibly only true friend besides Esther now, could tell that he was ready to wrap it up.  Domarus straightened and nodded to her.  

"Time to check out this floor's town."  he said, his voice sounding dark and metallic through his helmet.  The Hopebreaker set was meant specifically for intimidation purposes.  It's appearance was frightening, black and intimidating, his gauntlets had spikes, and the armor pulsed a dark red glow underneath.  The same could be said of his two handed battle ax.  However as they made their way to the town he opened his menu and switched out the set for the single, dragon bone armor he won from the quest.  In combat it was practically useless in comparison to his Hopebreaker set.  However he wasn't using it for combat now.  For the big plans Domarus sought, he needed a good reputation.  He had exactly what he wanted on the first floor and now it was time to add the second floor to his list.  As he made his way through the town, making himself appear as a knight in shining armor, npcs and players smiled and waved at him, and Domarus doing the same.  His familiar, a red scaled dragon with a black iron, skeleton-like armor and was always on fire, sat on his shoulder, watching for any players worth noting.  Keres followed behind in her maid's outfit, her own familiar wrapped around her in a rather sexy fashion.  Her snake did not have enhancements like Domarus' but she loved it nonetheless.  It's appearance was pretty much exactly like Domarus' except it was a snake.  Porvós, her snake, spoke to Rhozarth, Domarus' own familiar, and the two discussed something for a moment.  Then Rhozarth nodded to a tavern and Domarus nodded.  It would be a good idea to check a social spot like a tavern for any players worth considering.  He needed followers for what he had planned.  Followers and generals.  And thus he stepped into the tavern door.

@Wolfie

Entering the tavern, Wolfie’s black cloak covered his figure and the hood shadowed his face. It didn’t take long before someone walked in behind him. Quickly finding a seat in the back of the tavern, he watched as a man in a full suit of armour waltzed in with a similar looking woman behind him. Wolfie, curious as he was fell back from them, observing before anything else. The man seemed reputable and confident "A man of stature, a woman of beauty, and two familiars. Intriguing, though I cannot get a reading on this mans motives or  emotion. It is best to hold back and watch for now" Wolfie thought as he silently observed the man, his eyes piercing. "I wonder what makes this man who he is..." A small smirk grew on the face of the hollow man, but it soon vanished. Another puff of his cigarette allowed his face to be seen. His multicolored eyes glistened, piercingly in the dim light of the tavern but his face was quickly re-hidden by his hood. Wolfie re-adjusted his outward body language to mirror an observant bum. Someone fresh off the street.

Edited by Wolfie

Domarus scanned the area swiftly and decided he was lucky seeing as how it was filled with the few npcs but several players as well.  Two by the bar, one a little further from the bar, near the wall with his hood lowered to cover his face, three by the tables, the bartender and the serving girl.  Then the npcs.  Porvós slithered up Keres' torso and stopped when it's head was beside hers, and nodded to the tables.  Keres looked to Domarus and he nodded his approval.  If anything happened he could always intervene.  So Keres walked over to the tables and in a sexy manner, asked if she could sit down with them.  The two men and the woman gladly allowed her to sit down, though the woman seemed slightly reluctant.  Domarus couldn't help but chuckle in his head.  She loved messing with other people's emotions.  And a maid walking up in a sexy fashion and asking if she could accompany them?  It would be interesting indeed.  Her snake was coiling up beside her chair, keeping an eye on everyone.  Domarus himself moved over to the bar, sitting beside the two players and on their side so he was also closer to the hooded player.  He wasn't sure if he was friend, foe, or just some hopeless drunk but he'd need to keep his eye on him.  Or rather, Rhozarth would.  Rhozarth was keeping an eye on every player in the vicinity, his dragon eye seeing past all attempts to look away.  Once he caught a player's eye he would always keep a hold until he could determine the facts about a player.  It just needed for the hooded player's face to light up.

"Whiskey if you please bartender!"  Glad to have another customer he went to get his order.  The player beside him chuckled.

"Whiskey eh?  I'm more of a beer person myself."  Domarus grinned and cocked an eyebrow.  

"Beer eh?  That's a bit common is it not?"

@Wolfie

This man was strange to say the least. Not to mention the atmosphere he projected outward. He seemingly sent of his companion to, what Wolfie could only think, gain information on something. “That Dragon, it’s eyeing me.” Wolfie things as he looks around. He sighed as he came to the realization that he couldn’t even move without being confronted now. He swiftly stood, not paying attention to his chair hitting the wall with a loud Thump. He swiftly stared down the Dragon as he removed his hood. He was determined to assert dominance. His shaggy hair had a wolfish quality, his eyes piercing and his expression that of annoyance and anger. He walked over to the bar, never once looking away from the Dragon. He moved swiftly through the bar not running into anyone or anything. Sitting down on the corner he ordered a Jager Bomb, black liquorice. He could feel the chest that he kept his emotions in shutting once more, his emotions calming thought his face remained unchanged.

@Domarus

Edited by Wolfie

The moment the player stood up he gained everyone's attention.  The entire tavern fell silent as they stared at the lone and now unhooded player.  Domarus noticed the unkept hair and wondered if this was meant to intimidate others.  It would have no effect on Domarus of course but it had him curious.  When the player gave his look to the dragon, the creature gave off what the player could only guess was a smirk.  'Gonna take much more than that to impress me' it seemed to say.  Even though it was only a short time, Domarus knew Rhozarth was a proud familiar, and saw other's cockiness as a cute attempt.  When the player sat beside them and ordered a unique drink Domarus grinned and pointed his thumb.

"At least this guy get's something a little different."  He laughed along with the two fools beside him and turned again to the player, no doubt still stoic.  This player had the appearance of a proper general or follower, but appearances could be deceiving.  Domarus knew that more than anyone.  He was a master of deception.

"Interesting choice my friend.  I don't know that many players in the real world who'd choose that.  Maybe it's a lot more common than I thought and I just lived in a strange part of the city."  Domarus gave a chuckle.  The dragon was keeping it's eyes locked on the player's own.  The eyes were windows to the soul, so if there was strong emotion it would be found there.  Domarus had been teaching it how to do this as a first priority.  Afterwards he'd teach it how to fight.

@Wolfie

Wolfie continued to stare at the dragon, noticing its expression but not agnologing it. Wolfie had done this before, and knew how to manipulate he own aura and what part of the Chest to open. He took a deep breath, and allowed his wolfish aura of dominance to be prominent. That aura which Abigale taught him. The only emotion show being that of dominance and frustration that would be given to an insubordinate. The man who was this familiars master came over to Wolfie and commented on his choice of drink.  “Look,” Wolfie said, his voice now low, gravelly, and domineering, “When you have seen and been through the [censored] I have, the stranger drinks do more.” With that he through the shot in his mouth without moving his head more and a few centimeters as to keep eye contact with the dragon. Waited a moment, and then swallowed. He put the shot glass down and ordered another with haste.

When the player spoke in the manner that he did Domarus sneered inwardly.  Soon players like this would be treating him with respect or paying the price.  However that time had not yet come and it was currently the time of much manipulation and caution.  When the player finished and ordered another drink Domarus cocked his head.

"Are you intending to get drunk then?  Because if you keep drinking them like that you certainly will."  Domarus thanked the bartender as his own glass of whiskey arrived.  If it was the player's intention to get drunk then Domarus would have the advantage in this discussion.  Domarus had worked hard in the real world to make his body extremely resistant to alcohol and now he was practically immune.  He knew he had a breaking point but he usually was full before he reached it.  However in this game.  Could you really get full?  Or were such feelings void?  Either way he took a drink, slowly to allow the burning sensation to go down his throat.  When he noticed the steady and uncomfortable gaze between the player and Rhozarth he chuckled.

"Don't worry about Rhozarth, he's a bit rough but he can be a nice familiar.  My name's Domarus by the way.  Nice to meet you!"  He said with a grin.  Rhozarth was analyzing the player for Domarus determining whether or not the player was a suitable follower, or perhaps even a general.  Keres had already rejoined her conversation with the others, putting her sweet place in the minds of the players here so they would be more comfortable with the two newcomers and adjust to them faster.

@Wolfie

Wolfies gaze remained unmoved. “Nice is a strong word…” Wolfie says ignoring the comment on the alcohol. “Call for you familiar to stand down so that I can look you in the eyes and analyze your workings.” Wolfie said bluntly and to the point, his voice remaining in dominant fire. Though the light behind his eyes seemed to be constantly shifting. As if he was hopping between trains of thought. Shooting back the second shot, he asks the bartender for a tall glass of water. “There is something wrong with this situation” wolfie thought, “the tenor in this mans voice seems off” he takes a deep breath and allows the light to shift to the gold eye, his aura shifting from anger to emotionless, however not loosing its dominance. “I assume you want my name, They call me Wolfie.” he pauses and thinks “You cant trust this man, you have heard this style of speaking before, and nothing that is familiar is good”

@Domarus

Edited by Wolfie

It was clear this player was another hard to get one, which meant patience again was key.  This was no problem for Domarus of course.  He was a master of patience and manipulation.  When the player demanded Domarus to stop his familiar he looked at Rhozarth as if to say 'come on man, lighten up'.  Rhozarth took the hint and shifted it's position, it's eyes softening their gaze and it continued to keep an eye on the room.  Domarus chuckled.

"He tends to be overcautious and untrusting of new players, don't worry about him.  Although it would have been nice if you asked rather than commanded.  You might push someone away if you talk like that."  Should the player turn to look him in the eyes, as Domarus expected, he would see nothing but the eyes of someone who genuinely cares about others and wishes to help in any way he can.  Domarus not only had mastered deception but he could tell that the player wanted to watch Domarus carefully and yet felt uncomfortable with the familiar's steady watching gaze.  

"Wolfie eh?  Interesting name I'll admit."  He refilled and took his glass of whiskey and downed it swiftly this time and ordered another glass full.

@Wolfie

Wolfie turned to look at @Domarus observing the mannerisms and taking every possible outcome into consideration. “If there were people who I cared enough about to talk nicely too, I would. But, I have no reason to try and convince anyone that I have merit, or that they need to get to know me. My merit comes from my abilities and my mind. If others get pushed away by how I act or speak then they weren’t worth my time in the first place.” Scanning the man from foot to head before locking on the mans eyes, Wolfie found himself in an odd form of disgust. This man was to open too easily stepped on. “You are too caring, too wanting, too accepting. If you don’t harden your gaze, You may never be able to keep yourself from the truth of humanity. That which is the underlying aspect of it. We are all evil, everyone has altered motives. No one helps other and expects nothing in return.” Wolfie’s voice had once again darkened as the light shifted to his red eye, gravelly, his low voice was piercing and hard to miss. He took a sip of water as he held Domarus’ gaze

Domarus listened to the player and was beginning to like him.  Although he wasn't going to get a good reputation, he certainly was strong willed.  And a strong will and fiery passion, that was the kind of strength he was looking for.  He gave a thoughtful nod to the other player.

"You bring up a good point my friend.  I suppose if others can't accept who you are then it wouldn't be worth it."  Then the player snapped, speaking in a rather angry tone and glared at Domarus and as he listened he was beginning to wonder where this would end up.  When the player finished Domarus had a thin smile and his eyes were calm.

"That statement isn't necessarily true as I've met two individuals who never expect anything in return.  However your statement makes me rather curious as to what your own motives are.  You don't have to share of course, but don't judge appearances either.  I found that first impressions while they are important, don't quite do the trick.  It takes time to learn about the other and what their true intentions are.  And whether they can be trusted or not.  And on my end, to see whether or not the others are smart or not.  Rhorzarth, make sure those men don't lay a finger on Keres would you?"  Rhozarth bowed it's head slightly before taking off, it's fiery flames flinging off of it's body and when it landed on Keres' chair the crowd cried out in surprise, one even falling over.  Domarus turned back to the player.

@Wolfie

Listening to what Domarus was saying, Wolfie observed every movement, every breath, every blink with intensity. Searching this man for what made him tick. When then man said something that almost made Wolfie smile, not that he did, but a part of him did. “However your statement makes me rather curious as to what your own motives are….” Wolfie thought for a moment and saw something more in this man’s eyes. Something so familiar that he actually looked away “The hell was that spark I just saw?” Wolfie asked himself, “That shift of tone, that familiar look.” Turning to the glass of water in front of him he began to observe himself with curiosity. And realized just what was so familiar about this man. The shift was caused by adjustments in deception, something that Wolfie did all too well. “I’m surprised that I hadn’t figured it out yet.” Allowing the man to finish speaking. Wolfie looks back to him, his red eye now dim and his gold fully lit. “You want to know my motives you say? I will humor you, but not here. Let us go somewhere that we can talk without the ability of being heard.” His face still in his dominant expression, his voice graveled and unchanged. 

As Domarus had spoke he noticed the player had looked away.  He began calculating the reasons as to why he might have done so but before he could the player looked at him again and.  Appeared to have recognition in his eyes.  Indeed, while this player was slow to realize it, he recognized what Domarus was pulling.  Not figured out but recognized.  Domarus had that look from time to time, he knew.  This player was deceptive as well.  Then the player said that he would tell Domarus but only in a place where they could not be heard.  Domarus thought for a moment then nodded.

"Very well then.  I'll take you to my shop on the first floor.  It's possibly the most private place in Aincrad at the moment, except for maybe the floors in between the low floors and the high ones.  Come on."  He stood up from his stool and turned, whistling to his familiar who leaped off and glided over to Domarus, landing on his shoulder.  Keres continued talking and kept an eye on Domarus.  He held his hand hidden to all but her eyes and closed all but three fingers then made his way to the doorway, acting as if he didn't know her.  As they made their way through the crowd players waved and smiled at them, and Domarus returned them.  A young child, an actual player, paused, uncertain about the huge man, but when he smiled and laughed, the kid laughed as well, even followed them to the teleporter.  When they arrived on the first floor however, everyone greeted and talked to Domarus like a friend.  Soon enough they reached the shop.  Keres was three minutes behind them.

"Alright then.  Here we have total privacy."

@Wolfie

Following Domarus, they walk for a while before teleporting to floor one. Having re-applied his hood, his face once again shadowed, he tries to duck away from the onlookers, wishing they would avert their eyes and leave him be. Upon entering the shop Wolfie seemed to hesitate, his mind once again at war with itself. Trying to ignore the voice telling him to run, telling him that he can’t trust this guy. He spoke, stuttering, unsurely, at first but soon coming back to dominance. “S-So Y-You want to know my motives? Well before I answer, let me ask you a question of my own. Have you ever had the people you loved, every last one of them, get killed before your very eyes? Have you ever tried to live a life where no one cares, and those you think do just end up kicking you into the dirt? Have you ever had to live with yourself knowing that your actions cause the one living creature you had left, the only one that was ever loyal to you, to die?” Wolfie’s light behind his eyes shifted to red, deep with fire, dominance and dispair. His voice getting louder and began to shift to a growl that would normally be associated with a wolfish hellbeast. “Have you ever been filled with so much blood-lust that you were willing to give up anything to learn how to hunt the game that is man, just so you could avenge your family?” He was shouting now, but it didn't seem durected at Domarus, but instead at himself.

@Domarus

Edited by Wolfie

Domarus nearly frowned when the player broke like that but didn't make any facial change.  Wolfie's voice was shaky, almost nervous at first, which completely shattered the dominating appearance he had tried to set in stone.  With his stage shattered his tone would be empty words.  As the player spoke to Domarus it was clear that he was really talking to himself.  When the player finished Keres entered the shop behind them and he gestured to her and her snake familiar.

"Keres there is the closest thing I have.  She's my one and only true friend, though there's a player in this world who also caught my attention.  And I have yet to see anyone die because I've had the power to prevent it.  I refused to be weak and controlled, and so I worked to become strong.  I treated others nicely and with kind favors because history has proven again and again that a dark approach only drags you down in the end."  The sound of Keres collecting refreshments could be heard in the background as Domarus leaned forward.

"And killing isn't the only answer."  He leaned back, his face remaining calm.  Rhozarth flew off and landed on a pole protruding from the wall, it's fiery gaze steady on both players, occasionally checking on Keres from it's high position.  

"I have answered your question Wolf.  Now you answer mine.  What exactly are your motives and goals?"

@Wolfie

Listening, to Domarus, Wolfie tried to calm down, quelling his emotions. “My motives are just these, become powerful, become strong, become able. My goal is to learn how to kill, learn how to hunt, so should I ever leave this game, I can bring about to this man what he force me to live. Let him watch as I slowly drain the blood of everyone he loves and see the light drain from their eyes. Just like he did me, and only when I see that he is completely broken, his will gone. I will give him the illusion of freedom, so that as soon as he is able to leave, I will slit his throat.” Wolfie took a deep breath, he had said this with the calm and relaxed voice that would have made him sound almost like a serial killer if it weren’t for that gravel in his voice that made him sound like one normally. “You can accept that or not Mr. Domarus, I don’t care one way or another. Because, unless you have lived the way I have been forced too. You could never understand the insatiable amount of hatred and blood-lust I feel every day"

@Domarus

Edited by Wolfie

As the unstable player continued to speak Domarus thought carefully about what he had brought into his shop.  This player couldn't do anything to him now of course, and let loose he could obviously cause some problems.  But if he was able to gain this player's loyalty he could morph, shape, and remake him into not an unstable killer like the members of multiple player killing guilds, which he might end up becoming a part of if unchecked, but into a cunning, intelligent, and powerful assassin.  Of course, he didn't exactly need assassin's right now.  Still, it was possible to convince this player otherwise.  It would just need time.  For now he needed to give this player a response.

"Revenge is something I can accept Wolf.  Upon entering this game I found a player who ended up becoming my ally.  Later on she was captured by a player who used a potion to turn her into his 'pet' or 'slave'.  Brainwashed her so to speak.  I intend to make him suffer for what he did.  I even have a little item in my storage to help greatly in that area.  However if you let this version of you show at all times then you'll gain a negative reputation.  And believe me when I tell you that whether you do or don't care about your reputation, it will effect your life here in Aincrad.  Especially if you wish to go about it alone."  It was then Keres walked into the room, carrying a tray of small rolls, water and a bottle of whiskey, two glasses for each player.  As she poured Domarus' whiskey she turned to Wolf with a curious gaze, her serpent familiar analyzing him as well.  In the end she simply grinned.  

"Would you like whiskey, water or nothing sir?"

@Wolfie

“I would prefer Water” Wolfie said as per a response, and nodded as thanks. Trying not to be impolite and reject all offers of kindness Domarus and Keres were showing. Looking back into Domarus’ eyes and analyzing his words Wolfie began to speak in a way that was not custom to his normal speech. The fire in his red eye completely gone, the eye almost seeming vacant. His voice no longer graveled and yet there was no emotion behind it. Only strait analytical factoids. “I know what you are after Domarus, Don’t try to hop around it. I could tell when you walked in. I could see it by your stance, I can see it in your soul. You have power, but you want more. You want to control those around you. Leading by both fear and trust.” Wolfie cocked his head to the right so that his Golden eye was farther up then his red. “I know that you may even just see me as another pawn.  However, I will not fight you, you want power and know how to get it. You realize that you must have keys to open your chest and seize your wealth. I will assist you, I will help you. But, only because I know that if your power grows, Mine will too.” With that, Wolfie unlocked his head, and the light behind his eyes re-balanced. Though he was clearly aware of what happened. It seemed that it wasn’t a separate entity that talked but a different part of his emotional chest that he opened all at once. "Oh, and just remember You may see me as broken. But, me being broken is what makes me strong." The gravel in his voice coming back and returning to its normal tenor.

@Domarus

Keres nodded and began to pour the player's water in his glass and handed it to him.  Domarus lifted his whiskey to his lips and began to drink it slowly as he listened to Wolf.  When the player finished Set down the empty glass.  Keres had finished setting the small table and took the tray to the back.  Domarus leaned back with his hand under his chin, giving off a very faint grin.  His eyes might seem to flare with a hidden fire for a second.  

"So close, yet not quite.  You see, I already have all the power I need.  In the real world at least.  I was about to start my towering empire when this world happened.  I simply need something to pass the time, and assist in getting to the real world so that I might finish my conquest.  As for hate and trust, it's much deeper than trust my friend.  I need the general public to love me.  Have you ever seen a conquerer last long?  No.  You see good rulers last the longest due to the people's love for them.  As long as the people are happy, I shall remain secure and powerful.  Only those who seek to harm me or those who follow me will suffer the consequences.  I can't protect every solitary player of course, but I can reduce the casualties greatly."  He picked up a roll and handled it a moment before grinning fully now.

"And I don't see you as broken.  I see you as strong potential, yet unstable.  You have a goal and purpose, but also mixed emotions and thoughts.  This means your a wild card:  You can make things easier or harder for yourself, or anyone, depending on which road you choose to take.  And if you're oh so willing to work with me to become stronger I would love that.  But."  He smirked.

"You need to prove to me that your loyalty will be assured first."  And with that he took a bite of the roll.

@Wolfie