[PP-F1] Nothing in Particular (Monso)

There wasn't much to be said for the first floor. People came, people went, and people sucked. Technically, they sucked a lot less than Corvo would have liked. At least that would have been interesting. This whole back and forth with NPCs all day routine got old, quick. He noticed one or two faces more often than others, which meant that those were the players most likely to move on from the lower levels quickly. If he stuck with that lot, he might even run into someone he knew.

Or, he could avoid people like he'd been doing and smoke a pipe. That sounded like the winner.

With a deft motion, Corvo plucked the pipe from his inventory and lit up the cheap tobacco that he'd bought from the general store. It wasn't nearly as satisfying as its counterpart in the real world, but the semi-euphoric effect it afforded did help him disassociate from his surroundings for a limited time. As he puffed away at it, his gaze moved across the field just outside the starting area. "Wonder if the others are doing alright?" he thought aloud. "Maybe they got lucky and didn't log in? Maybe they saw the news beforehand and realized it was a bad plan?"

He wanted to hold on to that hope. If they had managed to avoid this deathtrap, he would have felt a little less bad about hounding all of them to log in immediately. He was more adamant than most of his friends about Sword Art. Part of him knew they hadn't, though. He knew those guys wouldn't have missed this. Not for anything.

Corvo wondered if the inability to log out would have even been a deterrent for half of them.

"Probably not," he mused aloud as a stream of gray roiled off his tongue. "Still, I ought to start looking for a quest. No use sitting on my ass."

@Monso

Edited by Corvo

Monso walked down the street on the first floor, her hips swaying with every step, her large *Assets* swayed along with it. She loved the attention she got from those who would stop an stare. It was beautiful. She began to scan the few people for her next toy, her next piece of prey. She sees a man sitting and smoking a pipe, his confidence was something to be trifled with, but he was no match for her. Monso was just under 5-foot-tall and new that she couldn’t intimidate anyone, but she didn’t need to her body spoke for her. She *Accidentally* bumps into the man, squishing her chest into him and almost knocking the pipe out of his hand. “Oh, I’m so sorry,” she said to him, her voice soft, and meek but with a sultry quality, “I wasn’t watching where I was going” Her cheeks flushed with read and she hid her face in her hands turning away.

He'd seen a lot of things in his life, but Corvo was definitely not used to midgets with huge racks.

The impact caused him to fumble his pipe, and the apparatus hit the ground and scattered into data. His eye twitched ever so slightly at the loss. "You ought to work on that," he commented without so much as a thought for propriety. It occurred to him that most people might apologize profusely, or ask to be sure that the other person was alright.

Corvo was definitely not most people.

"So, hey," he quickly followed up his brusque retort with another, totally unrelated thought. "I've got to ask, do you have back problems?"

The Assassin turned his gaze from the woman toward the inner city, where he would probably have to go to find a replacement for his favorite item. The lack of smoke would not bother him for an hour or so, but his mind had an addiction that the game hadn't fostered. It gave him a sense of security that helped the lad to deal with the obvious issues inherent to being trapped inside a video game.

He absently ran his fingers over the hilt of his dagger, still sheathed at his hip. When he looked back, the girl who had bumped into him was still standing there, albeit short enough that he had to look down to realize it. "You're still here?" he sounded skeptical.