[PP-F4] Reverend Hail

So there were not so many of them, but they seemed to be around. That was a nice thing to hear, aspiring to go further up in the game with the few that they had. Plus, they also seemed to work in a council rather than being owned by one sole being. "Hey, if you have the ability to see through boss rooms in the current top floor, I think you have done a fairly well job of leveling up." He'd explain, casual half smile equipped once again... Before the explanation of Hikoru. Despite any attempt to say that he was not for anyone... Itzal said right now that he was the best at staying hidden before striking out of nowhere. On top of that... That last sentence, "Don't tell him I said that." Had him a bit concerned. Perhaps he should steer the other direction for now. "Right..." Concern showing in his tone. "So how do we expect to find him? Perhaps it would be easier to find the healer of the four... Kasier I believe their name is. At least then I don't have to worry about getting sliced without even knowing it."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC- sorry for late post

Itzal listened to Sey's encouraging words and nodded with a chuckle.  "Yeah I suppose so."  When the player seemed concern Itzal shook his head with an embarrassed smile and his hands up.  "That was a joke, he's not like that I swear."  When Sey asked how they'd find them Itzal couldn't help but laugh.  "Well, seeing as how he has his green cursor again he'll be in one of the towns.  All we'd have to do is walk around each town while I used reveal and detect to spot him.  Pretty easy for me.  As far as Kasier that should be a breeze seeing as how she's my girlfriend."  He paused.  It still felt weird to say it.  He felt no shame, but he never thought he'd ever say those words before.  "Anyways, you have nothing to worry about.  If you want to meet one of them I can search or message them, though I'd rather find Hikoru to prove to him he can't hide from me anymore.  Heh.  Payback from the time we met."

@Sey

The impression he had been given from Beatbox was bad enough, and that joke helped it none either. While it was explained to be a joke, that only remedied the amount of mental shock that had been injected into the snowy-haired player. "Oh is that so?" Sey would ask with a teasing smile as he mentioned Kasier being his girlfriend. Something else to keep note of when he speaks to her. It would help his case a lot, maybe he can have Itzal send a message to her about his arrival. Regardless though, it was probably best he take the advice given. "All right, I'll do my best to help you search for him. First, we'd have to message him and get his attention, right?" Though a bit of superstition was nailed into him already. For all they knew, this paladin could have been listening in on them as they spoke. The thought would only then be entertained for a moment, causing his violet eyes to flicker a minimal amount, but he refused to show how he felt with words. "I'll make sure to look for Search and Detect eventually, just can't quite focus on it right now."

OOC: No problem, M8! I don't mind waiting! It's supposed to be a chill thread! ^.^

P.S, I found the tagging system! :3 @Itzal

Edited by Sey
  • 2 weeks later...

OOC- SOOOOOOO sorry for the late reply but here it is in all it's glory XD

When Sey mentioned messaging him and looking for him Itzal shrugged with a very poorly hidden and rather mischievous grin.  "I suppose that's one way...  Or we could track him down and pop out of nowhere."  Itzal had very much been looking forward to getting Hikoru back for that one time he had teased and irritated Itzal from the shadows.  However, he sort of wanted to master sneak and hide and do the exact same thing back, but this would do he supposed.  He nodded when Sey mentioned not being able to focus on search and detect.  "Indeed.  If you want a balanced build...  I would think you should start with your weapon skill, but after that I'm not sure.  We can talk with the other paladins about it as again, I haven't heard of anyone successful in developing that build.  Still, it should prove extremely useful if you succeed.  And you'd be the first successful balance build ever, able to switch builds mid combat.  That would be a sight to behold and would definitely get the front liner's attention."

@Sey

OOC- Nah man, you said you were busy! Just wanted to know! xD

"Well... If you really think we can actually do it..." There was obvious reluctance with this plan that they had. One way seemed safe. The other was a little riskier. Then again, when has that ever stopped him. And the thought of it sounded bliss. "All right, count me in. Tell me what I have to do to help with the search." He'd explain as he would tilt his head to the side. Maybe there was some plan that would involve bait. That was about as good as the new player was at the moment. Would it make a 2 against 1 sort of thing in this game of hide and seek? Absolutely. But since when did competition have to be fair in this game? If anything, it's more strategy. "In that case, I can't quite turn back now if they really do need something like that, eh? Hopefully the Paladins can come up with something. But I never planned to look back anyways. We have enough players hiding for safety right now, I would rather not add myself to that list."

@Itzal

Itzal placed a hand on his chin as he thought.  "oooh, I have an idea.  How about we do this:  We'll walk through the towns and just talk.  When I detect him I won't look at him but instead I'll tell you where he is.  You then pretend like you spotted him in the darkness, and if you see his eyes look DIRECTLY into them and yell Hey I see you there!  That should be good!"  Perhaps he was having too much fun with this but he felt he deserved it after what Hikoru pulled on him.  It should prove very easy to find and detect Hikoru he thought, especially with his detect mod.  While he was extremely good at being aware of everything and everyone going on, the mod made him consistently acutely aware of where players were.  He'd have no issue spotting Hikoru, master of shadows.  Shadows would always bend to the light he thought in his mind.  Then he mentally frowned.  He didn't exactly want anything bending to him.  More like light revealed all in the shadows.  Yeah, he liked that much better.  He nodded to the player.  "I'm hoping that while players slowly get the courage to help us out, they take it slow and apply caution as well."

@Sey

"Oh? So this is going to be more like a prank? The newbie finding out where the dangerous assassin is?" Sey would ask bluntly, placing it in that structure on purpose to know what eh was getting himself into. Honestly, he did not mind it, he just wanted to recollect before giving his answer. So he would say it with a casual smile. "Sweet! I'm in then! Just make sure to have my back in case he doesn't quite take a scene like that too well. Can't quite look bad for a first impression..." He'd explain as he would place his hands in his pockets now collectively. Honestly, he was far too new to be doing anything stupid like this. But he was a lucky person, or so he liked to believe. There were lucky encounters, and encounters in which he nearly died, but only escaped due to sheer luck bailing him out. "Hey, in a game where life and death is being measured, I don't quite blame them. Now if only they were to make that choice a bit faster, that would be nice... Oh well, can't quite have everything in life. The frontliners seem to do well enough anyways."

@Itzal

Itzal was happy to see that Sey was in.  He laughed a little from seeing Sey's fear and patted his back.  "Don't worry.  Hikoru won't kill you, he just teases and tries to look intimidating.  That's as far as it gets.  Even if he does get a little upset we'll be in a town and won't really be in danger.  And as for first impressions, don't worry.  You could go like, "Why are you hiding," or something.  I don't care, as long as you make sure he knows you know he's there."  Then Sey moved onto the second topic that had been pretty stationary thus far.  Itzal shrugged.  "It really depends on how you look at SAO.  It shouldn't have been this way of course, but I knew right after Kayaba finished that this was just real life with game mechanics and no reproduction.  Both worlds have death.  Both worlds have enemies.  Both worlds have quests.  Both worlds have rewards.  Both worlds have secrets.  Both worlds have ways to defend yourself.  You could say the real world is a game in itself.  That life is a game in itself.  Personally I-"  He stopped himself when he realized he was getting philosophical and too deep.  He shook his head.  "Sorry."

@Sey

"I think I could do that then. Just as long as there is no reason to attack, he won't attack." This was more of a statement to reassure himself. And it was true, if they were in a town, then he was unable to lose any of his health. Plus, he had yet to meet a player fast enough to open up his menu, send a total loss duel request, and accept it without any form of resistance from the target. All right, he was just about settled to take on the fabled Hikoru. However, before he was able to continue, there was a sudden life lesson being given to him about how the real world and the game were both rather similar rather than different. An interesting concept, but there were noticeable differences as well. "Nah man. You're good. Express an opinion if you feel. For me, I feel the differences are that if you see a criminal, you can only rely on your own strength to defend yourself. Other allies as well, but there is no high figure to help with capturing them. At the end of the day though, the strength here is just an illusion."

@Itzal

OOC- If we make 10 more posts I can try finding a chest  o-o

Itzal listened to Sey talk about strength and Itzal shook his head.  "It's an illusion in the real world as well.  When you think you're invincible something or someone comes along to tear it all down.  Which brings me back to my original point again:  They're both the same save for the obvious difference of game mechanics and no reproduction.  Mankind has not, cannot, and will not, create life.  We like to think we do when a couple has a child but it's not really us...  I'm, going to stop before we get too deep in this topic.  How about we talk about something else for now.  So besides becoming a balanced player, what were your goals in SAO?  Anything you were hoping to achieve?"  Itzal's original goals were similar to a player named Opal's.  To hunt down player killers and end them.  However his goal slowly shifted over to making friends and allies in SAO.  He had none in the real world so he knew he needed some.

@Sey

OOC- Oooooooooo! :D

Yeah, perhaps they were both looking rather far into the game. A little more than what is healthy as well. So it was a good idea to stop there. Just as log as there was a pulse that was keeping them alive, they were both covered. The next topic was goals in the game. Other than being balanced, which in itself is an interesting topic. "My current goal. Well, obviously to add onto the frontlines. But if you are looking for my sole purpose, I want to take advantage of the game to explore. See all sorts of sights that no one has seen back in the real world. Why? Just simply because I never really had a chance to explore back in the past, so I need to do it now while I still have it." He'd explain before then remembering why he came here. It was to do just that, was it not? "Besides, this game has introduced a new set of nearly everything to us. Why not embrace it? But I'm sure that's not quite anyone else's reasoning, even scouts like yourself."

@Itzal

Itzal listened as Sey told him what he wanted to do and why.  When he did Itzal smiled.  That almost fit one of Itzal's goals exactly, save for that it mainly started due to Itzal's curiosity and the need to know what he was up against.  He shook his head when Sey mentioned he was sure that wasn't anyone else's reasoning.  "Actually that's pretty close to one of mine.  I locked myself up in my bedroom for...  Reasons, doing nothing but research and video games.  I never got the chance to really explore anything other than my neighborhood.  Kind of sad to be honest.  Seeing all of this though?  And knowing how to fight for real?  I think I'll be doing some traveling in the real world.  And at least this game helped me keep my parkour skills from getting rusty, though it's slightly different in here than the real world.  Game mechanics of course.  So here we are, two players who love to explore.  How about we explore this floor a little?"

OOC- If I find a dungeon then I can turn it into a map.  It's WAY passed 15 posts so I'm guessing I can search any time I'd like  :\

Itzal made some really good points. While they were not spoiled, they were being taught things that could be used in the real world. It was an illusion of course, and so was any strength according to the scout in front of him, but they had to learn something from the game. And the skills they learn, and the reputation they would uphold for beating the game, that would just about secure any player for the future... If they left with a green crystal. That seemed much harder than he expected, considering how some players that meant well just were unfortunate enough to have to put another player down. "You got it then! Hopefully we'll find something dope while we go and explore." Sey explained, placing his right hand in his pocket while he would scratch the back of his head with the left. "Anyways! Let's get going then!" Sey declared as he would place his right hand out once again, equipping the spear inside of it before making his way out of the official safe zone. Already the coat helped him keep warm.

OOC - Go for it then! It will help your job, would it not? :3

@Itzal

Edited by Sey
:T I did it!

OOC-  ......  Dang it, I forgot dungeons don't exist on floors 1-4....  Staff, you realize it's canon for dungeons to exist on all floors right?  XD   Also, nice fourth wall breaking Sey ;)

Itzal smiled.  Sey mentioned that his searching skill wasn't very high and he shrugged.  "Eh, that's alright.  Mine's maxed out so that shouldn't be a problem.  But if you really like to explore than this should be nice right?  Come on, I think I know a place we can start."  Itzal started to lead Sey towards one of the snow capped mountains nearby.  He shrugged off the snow on his shoulder and chuckled.  "You know, I used to hate this floor.  It's still not my favorite but I've grown slightly more accustomed to it.  I don't like the cold.  However the combination of the survival skill and this coat of mine helps keep me warm.  My fingers and face are frozen though.  Anyways, the cave should be on this side of the mountain, hidden between a huge rock and a large fern tree.  The entrance is too small to notice unless you're looking for it.  And hard too.  Looks like just a crack at first but when you get closer you notice it's a wider opening than you realized."  Itzal spotted what looked like a cluster of frozen song crystals and picked four of them out, smiling when he did and added them to his inventory.

ID#  71778  LD:  12+8

+4 T1 Materials

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

So he was the one that was going to take the lead, eh? All right, fine by him since out of the two of them, the snow-haired player was not the one that knew his way around. The next thing to notice was that it looked like the caverns would be located towards the side of the mountains. Apparently it was concealed, but there was a huge opening left for them to explore? "Sweet! Let's make our way towards it! though... Is that the sole tree that exists over there? No other fern tree would be nearby? If so, any idea why it would be the only one standing up?"  He'd ask as he would move towards the side the best he could, suddenly tripping into the snow due to the heavy weight of the snow against the tip of his boots. "Ow..." He'd moan in a bit of agony as he would awkwardly get back up onto his feet. The sleet was rather strong, that was the first time he actually tripped over snow out of all things. "Er... Please disregard that!"

OOC: Boi! :T I'll handle it!

@Itzal

Itzal turned to Sey curiously and before he could say anything he tripped.  Itzal grinned and when Sey asked him to dismiss the matter he gave a confused look.  "Disregard what?"  Joking aside he led Sey to the opening, squeezed through, and led him through the narrow tunnel.  "This isn't the first time I found a cave like this.  I found one on the third floor and made my shop in that area.  However the materials found here are different than the ones in the cave I'm familiar with."  When they walked into the small room light filled up the place.  In the center was a stone support with a glowing crystal in the center.  All along the walls and ceiling, as well as some of the floor, were crystals of every color, crystals even that had colors most players hadn't even seen before.  Itzal knew there were hidden tunnels that would lead to other rooms with other amazing crystals:  crystals of precious metal colors, crystals that reflected light rather than glowed, crystals that glowed so bright you could hardly look at them.  Itzal pulled four crystals off.  "They aren't song crystals like the ones in my cave, but they're materials nonetheless."

ID#  71828  LD:  8+8=16

4 MAT found

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

He'd look around with a little sparkle in his eyes, only for it to be covered up by shade as he actually entered the inside of the cave. There seemed to be a  new structure in the snow. But with this came a few reflective bits of ice that certainly caught his eyes. "Dude, this looks beautiful, how did  you even-" Only to stop himself from asking such a stupid question. It was obvious, scouts were supposed to do this sort of research and stumble upon these sorts of places all of the time. "Anyways, you seem to be getting a lot of materials. I assume you have a low amount as of right now? Or do you plan to use them for currency in other shops, since they seem to take materials as a form of currency." Sey would explain as he placed his left hand in his pocket, placing the blade of his spear against the ground as he would tilt his head. "I never really cared to pay in materials, nor do I have a shop. It's kind of a useless feature to me right now."

@Itzal

Itzal smiled as Sey was captivated by the beauty of the room.  He chuckled.  "Well surprisingly it was a fight on the cliff of the mountain up there.  If I didn't have the amount of health I had I would probably have risked death.  It's not easy when you're fighting three wolves and a warg.  Maybe I could get Varx up to this floor.  I've seen npcs do it so maybe a mob could?  Maybe...  Ah, I went on again didn't I?  No, I have plenty of materials.  However I was thinking of selling some and donating the rest to the guild.  I do need to craft some more though.  I need a few more perfects for debuff songs.  And I'd save your col if I were you.  That's the only way to purchase a guild hall or house.  If you don't care for that stuff then don't worry about what you do with col."  He pulled another four select crystals from the walls and stored them.

@Sey I roll for a chest on my next turn!!!

ID#  71831  LD:  8+8-16

+4 MAT

Edited by Itzal

It was an interesting concept, being able to loot things that was not for himself, but for the guild. Sey was not too sure about all the things that he could buy in the game, and as long as he had enough money to buy his own little inn, that was fine by him. Still though, being able to have a place to call his was definitely an enticing offer. "Hm, I think an NPC can only do it either by accident like you did, or i they just searched around, which I highly doubt any of them are really smart enough to do anyways." He'd explain his theory as he would look around the cavern, now adjusting his eyes to the sights. "As for the Col, maybe I could use a place to call my own. Though I heard those are really expense, obviously because it's a house. I'm not quite sure I'd ever get a chance to buy one in all honesty. But you said guild hall, what do you mean? I don't plan to start my own guild, if that's what you are saying." To put it in short, ignorance was most certainly weakness.

OOC - You got this, mah boi!

@Itzal

OOC- Dang it.  Of course.  Let's wrap this up after your post and we can do a thread with Hik

When Sey asked about guild halls he nodded, not judging him whatsoever.  "A guild hall is a building where guild members can sleep, meet, train, eat, and anything else.  I'm trying to save up col to donate to the guild in order for us to get one.  It's very expensive but I think it's worth it.  And if you don't have anywhere to sleep at the moment, I have a spare bedroom in my shop if you'd like to use it.  Temporary or otherwise.  It's away from the city so we shouldn't be bothered much."  He was about to grab another four crystals when he thought he spotted something.  He checked the area real quick but didn't spot anything.  Hmm.  He could have sworn...  Oh well he thought.

@Sey

ID#  71834  LD:  3+8=11  No chest

Edited by Itzal