{PP-F1} Raw power -Aereth, Dominion and myself- GM thread

Aereth noticed how Domarus was stepping back from the battle, probably to regain his energy. Domarus dealt some heavy damage against the Silver Warrior, but his strong attacks seemed to drain his energy very fast. Aereth glanced at the left top of his HUD and checked his own energy. Right now he could get three more hits on the warrior before he himself would have rest to regain energy. The second thing he checked was the hate counter. There was no graphical indication who had more hate, but Aereth kept track on it within his head. "So I can get one more attack in before the Silver Warrior starts to target me instead of Domarus." This meant one more attack, followed by some resting.

"Hey Domarus! I'll keep him occupied a little bit longer, until you regained your energy, we can't let him get near the other players." With that said he dashed at the warrior again and swiped two times at the unprotected armpits of his enemy. The warrior grunted loudly and stumbled back a few steps, before he regained his balance again.

Spoiler

ID# 71520 results:
Battle: 7+3

Aereth: 340/340 <<13/34>> -6+1
Domarus:  360/360 <<15/36>>

Damage: 7*3*2 -20 =42-20=22

Silver Warrior: 119/350

Hate Count:
A:4
D:4

@Dominion

Edited by Aereth
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominion smiled to her, "You have had experiences that make you think this world is filled with darkness, but I have had experiences of both. Wisdom can only be obtained with open eyes." Dominion took notice to the personal goals question she made. "My only personal goal... well I have always wanted... " Dominion shook his head as if impossible. "I want a brother who can teach me".

The silver warrior seemed to take notice to the strange change in strategy. Also, he very much noticed the health bar drop as he became staggered. He tried to attack the closest person, who would be Aereth, swinging his sword wildly. His backwards momentum didn't help his accuracy in any way. Disappointingly for the Warrior, not one of his wild swings made contact with the guy who has been making significant progress against his health. He moved back, and seemed to catch himself as if in an attempt to calm down. 

ID# 71537

MOB 5 (Miss)

Aereth: 340/340 <<13/34>> -6+1

Hate Count:

Edited by Dominion

Foregoing Action

Keres listened to Dominion talk about how one needed to see the world from both sides to obtain true wisdom.  She thought about how Domarus insisted to Esther that the world had no light, and her response made him wonder.  

"Interesting.  You'll need to share this 'lighter world' with me sometime."  That's when he told her what he wanted.  A brother?  She thought about it.  Domarus could technically use this, but would he be able to..  No, willing.  If it did happen then she would.....  She glanced back at Domarus.  Normally he would make the decisions and she would follow his lead, seeing as she was his servant and all.  However...  She turned back to Dominion.  

"What, exactly would you want to be taught by this brother?  And did you want a specific personality?"  She hoped she wasn't crossing any lines.  Domarus watched as the silver warrior was attacked by Aereth and tried to strike again but once again failed.  Domarus nodded to Aereth's statement, but if he saw an opening he planned to take it.  He noted that the silver warrior was beginning to grow weary.  However he seemed to still be on the defense and thus not yet ready to strike out against.

ID#  71542  CD:  9

Domarus:  360/360  -  20/36

Aereth:  340/340  -  13/34

Silver Warrior:  119/350

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Aereth was surprised by the sudden change of strategy from the Silver Warrior. It seemed like it was targeting Aereth right now, since it actively started to attack him. Effortlessly. Aereth was able to doge every hit by simple side steps, and little jumps. Then he looked once again at his Energy Bar, and figured out, that he better should rest for now to recover some of it, as well as to avoid getting more hate from the Silver warrior. "But first I have to get away from the f*cking warrior." He thought as he dodged another strike.

He then had an idea. Aereth lured the warrior to do an vertical downwards strike, jumped to the left to avoid the hit and started to spin in mid air. As he reached enough momentum, he kicked the warrior into his chest. This attack had two purposes. First, create distance between him and the warrior, second make an opening for Domarus. If he took it, good. If not, also good.

Aereth: 340/340 <<14/34>> +1

Hate Count:

@Domarus, @Dominion OOC: How's the new post order?

"I will know when I see him. I have an idea of who, but I am unsure as to anything besides he is on the first floor." Dominion just glanced to the battle taking place, that was obviously towards the person in full armor. "What will you do after this encounter, Keres? I am probably just going to return to the city and find a spot to dwell until I do my first adventure".

The silver warrior fell right into the plan of Aereth's. As the warrior struck downward, Aereth dodged to the side and swiftly planted a kick to his chest, causing some space between them. The Warrior, backed up by the startling kick, let go of his grip on the large sword. He was not able to retrieve his large sword from the ground as he moved a couple feet before regaining his balance. Once he had both feet in a solid stance, he looked around frantically for it, once he recovered slightly from the attack.

ID# 71649

Mob 2 (miss)

Aereth: 340/340 <<14/34>> +1

Hate Count:

Edited by Dominion

Foregoing Action

Keres listened to Dominion answer her and wondered how things would turn out for him, and whether he had already found someone or not.  Either way, he and Domarus would see each other again soon.  Very soon she figured.  Keres heard his question and what he planned to do afterwards and she smiled happily.

"Where Domarus goes, I go.  I'm his servant and I'm pleased to be so!  It's not like what most people think though.  I was the one who begged him to make me his servant.  Not the other way around.  I have a...  Specific need that only he can fill for me.  That's why I came to him in the first place.  After that things just took off."  She turned to Domarus who was still recharging his energy, hoping to gather enough for a decisive blow on the silver armored warrior.  The black armored man stood there watching Aereth's maneuver and watched as the warrior's weapon was knocked away from him.  He was about to charge and strike but he noticed that while the warrior was disarmed, he certainly wasn't off guard.  The warrior was positioned and his posture was enough to keep Domarus from landing a critical hit.  So he bid his time just a little bit longer.

ID#  71658  CD:  6

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

The silver warrior was still trying to regain his balance, as Aereth made his way back to Domarus. He even lost his large sword in the process. Looking at his energy bar, Aereth knew that he would almost get three more hits on his enemy before he couldn't use sword arts any more. "Sh*t. I need to regain a little bit more energy before I'll strike again. But it doesn't even matter, since Domarus also still needs to recover some energy." If Aereth would now engage the silver warrior he would most definitely get its full attention, and that wouldn't be healthy for him. So he choose to just stay at Domarus side until he started to attack the silver warrior again. He was tanking for Aereth after all.

With a quiet sigh, he lowered his stance, and waited for the next action the damned silver warrior would take.

Aereth: 340/340 <<15/34>> +1
Domarus:  360/360 <<21/36>>

Hate Count:

@Dominion

The Silver Warrior had regained his senses. As the warrior stood there, somehow positioning his body in a way to make combat difficult, lunged to retrieve his sword. He grabbed the blade with one hand, and then the next movement, bringing the blade up into Domarus. The health bar of Domarus dropped by a decent fraction, but wouldn't be substantial enough for significant issues. Dominion was watching this move which was made by the Silver Warrior and he could not think of method in which to counter such an attack. Dominion knew that when he himself battled, his strategic abilities increased drastically, but he didn't recognize by how much until now. The Warrior hit his great sword against the armor of Domarus, mostly because it seemed that Domarus was the closest in combat. However, the Warrior could have taken a larger stride and hit Aereth if it seemed more logical of the options. 

Aereth: 340/340 <<15/34>> +1
Domarus:  334/360 <<21/36>>

Hate Count:

ID# 71700

MOB 9 (Critical Success) [60-34=26 Dmg to Domarus]

@Domarus

Edited by Dominion

Foregoing Action

Domarus was surprised at how fast the silver warrior was able to move and watched as the blade passed his gauntlets and struck him solidly.  However right after the strike was complete he reacted swiftly and precise.  He shot his left hand out and grabbed the warrior's neck, let go of his weapon, and grabbed the warrior's weapon hand.  His superior strength allowed him to pull the weapon out of it's place then he twisted his foe's hand so that the weapon slipped out of his hand and a large thud was heard as the weapon hit the ground.  The crowd gasped as Domarus continued to twist the arm and forced the warrior to his knees.  When he was low enough he kicked the silver warrior hard enough to knock him several feet away.  Domarus kneeled down and lifted the two handed ax up from the ground and grunted.  

"You should have considered the aftermath of that attack.  Leaving yourself open like that is a mistake a novice would make."

ID#  71701  CD:  2

Domarus:  334/360  -  22/36

@Aereth:  340/340  -  15/34

Silver warrior:  119/350

Edited by Domarus

Aereth's energy bar was rising bit by bit as he waited for the Silver warrior to attack again. He knew that he could attack the enemy three times with his maximum damage output, but he wasn't sure if this would be enough to do enough damage to destroy him. In addition to that, his "tank" Domarsus was also still gathering energy and did not attack.

Then Domarus got attacked by the silver warrior, but without any problems countered the attack and forced him to his knees. Just like the crowd, Aereth stood there and was slightly impressed by Domarus' superior show of strength. Aereth made a note in his head, not to get too close to him if they were ever to spar together, since this wouldn't end good for him. "Just how high is the strength stat of this guy." Aereth thought as he still stood there, and waited for Domarus to continue his show.

Aereth: 340/340 <<16/34>> +1
Domarus:  360/360 <<22/36>>

Hate Count:
A:3
D:3

@Dominion

The Silver warrior didn't seem very panicked with his arm behind his back, shoved onto his knees by the man in Armor. He tried to free himself his twisted arm from the grasp of the Armored man, which he did in vain, but almost managed to grab his sword with his opposite hand. All the warrior needed was a chance to grasp the sword in order to deal more damage. 

Dominion saw this display of power upon the silver warrior and found it very unnecessary. "Your... Master seems to be very powerful, but his display of that power does not make me think he is a good person. There was no reason for that display of strength in such a one sided fight, even if it is for the life of friends or even his own person gain. If you were put into a position of that strength, would you abuse that power Keres?" Dominion was very conflicted with this unnecessary show of strength.

ID# 71917

MOB: 5 (miss)

Domarus:  360/360 <<22/36>>

Hate Count:
A:3
D:3

Edited by Dominion

Foregoing Action

Keres heard Dominion's voice and words and knew he didn't exactly understand why Domarus was doing this in the first place.  So she'd have to explain it a little.

"Domarus has been good to the players on this floor, so much so that everyone knows him and is friendly to him because of it.  Now however he wants to show them just how powerful he is, and that he's dedicated to protecting them.  If that were a player he wouldn't be so aggressive but it's not.  It's an npc, just coding.  No real life at all.  I wouldn't say he's abusing it unless he's using that against a player.  If I had power..."  That seemed to be the question she'd been asking lately.  Whether in a playful manner or not, Aereth had given her some form of power due to his honor and loyalty.  Because of this she had the faintest taste of what it was like to have power.  It was very tempting but it was not for her.  She shook her head with a giggle.

"I don't care about power.  I want to be the servant.  Reasons why I keep to myself but that's what makes me content.  To follow and serve Domarus in all his endeavors."  Domarus overheard, well sort of overheard some of the blonde's comments.  He really didn't care personally but perhaps he had made his point.  He straightened the warrior and pushed him forward a little, letting him go.  The silver warrior's sword was lying between them and Domarus backed up so the space was even.  He drew his two handed battle ax yet again.

"How about we finish this?"

ID#  71992  CD:  7

@Aereth: 340/340 <<16/34>>
Domarus:  360/360 <<23/36>>

Edited by Domarus

From what Aereth could tell, the blonde player and Keres were in a heated, well sort of heated, discussion. Due to the fact that Aereth was aiding Domarus with fighting the silver warrior, it was unknown to him what the two of them were talking about.

Domarus was still holding his opponent in a tight grip and the sword of the enemy was lying on the ground. The player and the NPC remained in this position for some moments before Domarus straightened the warrior up, and pushed him forwards. 

Still not wanting to attack the Silver Warrior recklessly, Aereth waited and gathered some of his energy, but as Domarus finally pushed the Warrior off, he sprinted forwards to the sword, picked the heavy thing up, and threw it a couple of meters away, in Domarus' general direction. The sword then buried itself into the ground to the left of Domarus, and Aereth retreated to the right of his combat partner.

Domarus then asked if they should finish this battle. Aereth grinned and rested his sword on his shoulder, ready to attack as soon as Domarus would engage the Silver Warrior again.

"Ready when you are."

@Dominion, @Domarus

The silver warrior seemed to get just the right force forward to pry his body out of Domarus's firm grasp, leaving coding marks on his arm. He stopped his forward momentum in order to leap to the side grasping the giant sword. From there, the warrior swung his sword in a arc in front of him, barely hitting Domarus, but slightly too far away to hit his partner. The sword did rather significant damage for the slight contact it made with Domarus, but didn't seem hardly enough to change the course of the battle. 

Dominion noticed this action made by the Silver Warrior and decided to sit down. "I can almost place a bet that this battle will end rather soon, because Domarus has only been toying with that enemy. How good is the that other player beside him? I can't tell what type of player he is because he hasn't done much... It has been a very one sided fight." He focused these comments loud enough towards the battle itself that the two in battle would at least be able to hear.

ID# 72067

Mob: 7 (Hit)

Domarus:  334/360 <<22/36>>

[60-34=26 Dmg to Domarus]

Hate Count:

@Domarus

Edited by Dominion

Domarus watched as the Silver Warrior recovered it's blade and struck at Domarus, who had raised his spiked gauntlet to block the attack, causing thorns damage to the warrior.  When the attack was over he quickly retaliated with the Crescent Avalanche sword art, dealing forty three damage to the warrior and dropping his health into the last stage.  With the attack over he threw a punch to drive the warrior back, then took a few steps forward and took defensive position.  This was so that the warrior could not target Aereth without getting through Domarus.  This was so that after Aereth attacked he could retreat behind Domarus and he would finish it off.  Meanwhile Keres was grateful Dominion didn't hold Domarus' action for too long and asked another question.  Keres nodded.  

"He's decent.  Aereth wants to become a scout rather than a dps.  So while he's working on his sword skills first, but then rather than getting ferocity mods like Domarus, he's getting scout skills such as search and detect and other skills we haven't been informed of yet."

ID#  72382  BD:  6  CD:  3  MD:  2

Domarus:  334/360 <<15/36>>

Silver Warrior:  64/350 <<9x7-20=43 dmg + thorns from previous post>>

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Aereth was focused on the battle, but could clearly hear what the blonde player they saved earlier was talking about him. “Hasn’t done much, huh… That guy has no information at all about me or this game in general as it seems… If this guy knew that I’m only one level beneath Domarus…” Aereth thought, and a small grin appeared on his face. “But that’s perfectly fine. Let him think that I’m weak.”

Domarus took a defensive position in front of Aereth. He knew what this meant. Right now Domarus had the attention of the Silver Warrior, so if Aereth now started an attack the Warrior would definitely target him, but when he retreated back behind Domarus, he would serve his red headed friend the NPC on a silver tabled for the last strike. Strategy, information gathering and sneaking. These were the points Aereth was shining.

With that Aereth sprinted towards the Silver Warrior, his sword glowing in a deep blue, and attacked him multiple times while dodging every counter the Silver warrior was throwing at him. After his barrage he immediately dashed back and took a defensive position on his own behind Domarus.

@Dominion

Spoiler

ID# 72407 results:
Battle: 4+3
Damage: 7*3*2=42+20=22 DMG

Aereth: 340/340 <<12/34>> -6+1

Silver Warrior: 42/350 -22 HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A:5
D:5

Edited by Aereth

The Silver Warrior was beginning to show clear signs of fear. The silver warrior was badly hurt from the attacks, as the health bar above it clearly showed red now, from the combined efforts of both players. He moved forward as if to strike Domarus with his sword, but both legs were shaking, making his upper body unstable, tripping over one of his own legs and came crashing down flat at the feet of Domarus. The Silver warrior could no longer stand up, having drained most of his health. The sword clattered a couple feet away, but it was clear that the battle was coming to a close.

Dominion had no idea what a so called "scout skill" was, but he was very intrigued by the idea. "So, a scout can learn to search and detect people around himself? That is so cool! Does that mean that he would be good at hiding himself and sneaking from the perception of others and opening locked stuff as well?"   

ID# 72506

MOB: 1 (Critical Fail)

Aereth: 340/340 <<12/34>> -6+1

Silver Warrior: 42/350 -22 HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A:5

@Domarus

Edited by Dominion

Foregoing Action

Keres heard the excitement in Dominion's voice as he asked about the scout build.  Did he want to shoot for scout after mastering healer?  It hadn't been done before but Domarus could still use more materials and informants besides Aereth.  She nodded.

"Yes although sneak and hide is an entirely different skill.  I myself wish to master that one day.  For now however I'm sticking with searching as well as light armor.  I want to unlock the acrobatics skill.  That should make me impossible to catch."  She glanced back at the battle.  It seemed this whole fight was nearly over.  The silver knight was on the ground, weaponless, and too tired and wounded to get up.  Domarus was standing above him.  One swift sword art would end it and get her master the final rank of his two handed battle ax skill.  After that all he needed was the ferocity mods, max out his familiar's ranks, get the armor mod and switch his weapon to a status damaging weapon.  Domarus nodded to Aereth who landed the strike needed to bring this warrior fully down to it's knees.  The tall black warrior stood over the silver one.  He gripped his weapon slowly poised it for the sword art.

ID#  72508  CD:  1

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

The battle was nearing its climax. The warrior was on his back with Domarus standing on him. Domarus then slowly rose his huge battle axe, and brought it slowly in position for a sword art. Aereth knew exactly why Domarus was acting the way he did. He wanted to show off. Show the people what a great warrior he was, in other words, gain popularity… He was sure that he would end the battle with the next strike, but he made one mistake. He was playing with the warrior…

Suddenly the warrior tried to hit Domarus with his bare fist. Reacting in the blink of an eye, Aereth sped towards them and charged his sword art. Just in time he reached the two of them, and severed the right arm from the rest of the warrior’s body.

Many of the surrounding people seemed to be disgusted by Aereth’s action, but he couldn’t care less. As long as he could save a comrade from unnecessary damage, it didn’t matter to him what those players thought…

Spoiler

ID# 72519 results:
Battle: 9
Damage: (7+1)*2*3-20 = 28 DMG

Aereth: 340/340 <<7/34>> -6+1

Silver Warrior: 14/350 -28 HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A:6 OOC: The warrior will attack Aereth in the next turn, but Aereth has +1EVA

@Dominion, @Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Dominion saw the Silver Warrior begin to struggle while on the ground. However, the situation was resolved by Aereth. A rather quick strike was made, which Dominion could barely see from his angle, but it was clear that the arm was completely severed off. The arm basically disintegrated in the air, turning into blue and red data. Dominion had no opinion in this matter, because both players seemed to make dishonorable moves on who appeared to be a dishonorable foe. "That Silver Warrior is beginning to act like an animal, unable to get away from the predictors" Dpminion said this and knew that he didn't understand. He had never been put in that kind of situation before.

The silver warrior had lost its arm, and now completely lost all composure. He struggled violently to get out from under Domarus, but failed. However, the attempt did allow him enough distance to grab the sword with his remaining hand. lifting the blade with one hand was hard, but he was doing whatever he could to survive. Swinging the blade back, he managed to hit Aereth, but lost the blade several feet away this time.

ID# 72526

Mob 7-1=6 (hit) 

Aereth: 280/340 <<7/34>> (340-60=280HP)

Silver Warrior: 14/350 -28 HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A:6 

Edited by Dominion