PP-13) Blue and White (Calrex)

Jonathan stood in the streets of a new floor. Another new highest floor. Floor thirteen.  The Blond stood on Angel's point, wearing his White Jacket, and Jeans, with his goden sword behind him on his waist. His blond hair shuffled slightly in the breeze and his green eyes surveyed the new terrain like a kid would look at the candy section. This place was known as the only good part of the floor. It was quite nice Angle's point was. Jonathan inhaled a sharp breath of the crisp air. The buildings were beautiful even. I could perhaps bring up this floor for when we have a discussion of where the guild hall will be. Jonathan noticed a few people walking about, who seemed to be normal people. He had actually talked to a few about the floor and said it was horrid outside of town, and that a disease and evil had spread all throughout the land. The monsters were even ragged and corrupted humans. Jonathan had come here for more than sightsee though. He planned to make himself familiar with the actions and movements of monsters in the upper floors. He had also come to make himself much stronger. It was nearing the second boss meeting, and he was trying to get strong enough to be considered to go and tank. Recently, determination had build a fire in his heart and veins and he had strove forward to become strong. Or at least strong enough to be recognized. The blond tank strode casually through the streets untl he stopped at a cathedral. This building did not have what the other builds all had in common. The Stained glass and the Angel. I believe the boss for this floor was actually and angel or something of that sort. 

@Calrex

Edited by Morgenstern

After closing and locking the door of the Amethyst Boutique behind him Calrex gave a small sigh as he turned around to look at the desolate landscape Teayre had relocated her artisan shop to. At the time she became a player-killer, this was the highest unlocked floor, and so he could understand the reasoning behind it. However, that didn't excuse the fact that the base definition of the theme was "doom and gloom," something at to his knowledge was starting to become overplayed. From what he could recall there was only a few floors that had recently been opened which didn't seem to have a bleak or "edge" to it.

"Heh, if you look at the current floors, you'd mistake the development team for being a bunch of moody teenagers or something. I guess if Kayaba really wanted to keep us here, psychological tactics could be one applicable measure."

Making his way over to Angel's Point the bluenette passed by numerous amounts of the corrupted humans that populated the floor. At his current level, he was fast past the triggering limit for the creatures to actively engage him in combat, which he guessed was some bonus. Being one of the highest level in Aincrad did come with some benefits like this, allowing him to observe the different elements of each floor without fear for his life.

Entering into the safe zone's limits he gave a stretch before looking around, "Not likely any new shops will have popped up here, but I might as well take a look around. It's been a while since I've actively explored this floor, so for all I know something could actually have changed."

Jonathan sighed as he turned around glancing around the area. This was a pretty unactive floor, probably because of the lack of life outside of the town, and the mobs that ust left you with an unnerving feeling. The blond ruffled his air before catching sight of an actual other player. Another player? Here? That is surprising. He is the only one I have seen. Jonathan walked in the man's directiona d heard him muttering to himself. He probably had not spotted Jonathan yet because Jonathan was behind the man. It's been a while since I've actively explored this floor, so for all I know something could actually have changed." Jonathan's eyes lit up. He looks rather strong, perhaps he would help me? Jonathan put on a smile and said, Hello. I would be more than happy to help you explore the floor. Jonathan's voice seemed to ring in the dead silence of the floor. He seemed to carry himself well with confidence, but Jonathan was not sure. Perhaps he is one of the better frontliners. Jonathan cleared his throat continuing, "Sorry, perhaps I should introduce myself.  I am Jonathan. Tank Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants. 

Hearing someone speak to him from behind, Calrex stopped his walk and turned around to see another player, one that was surprisingly not too far behind in level compared to himself. Of course, at the level they were both at, the progression became significantly slower, required more and more work to be invested to gain any benefits. However, that didn't make the young man in front of him any less capable. It was a lessing the bluenette had learned a long time ago, to not underestimate a person's potential from first appearances, or in this case level difference.

"Sure, I'd appreciate the company. Walking around on this floor might cost someone a bit of their sanity, heh. Jonathan you said? Pleasure to meet you. I'm Calrex, one of the members of the Spectrum Coalition. I think I actually know a couple of people from your guild, Itzal and Hikoru I believe."

"He said he's a tank paladin? Guess he's not too different in build from myself then, other than the fact he probably specializes more in defensive skills than I do. Probably one of the main reasons I can actually function as a tank if because of Achilles, but take that away and I'm really just a simple bruiser build."

"In any case, shall we get heading out then? I was thinking of stopping by a broker to see if there's any spots to focus on, then heading into the field zones."

As soon as the bluenette caught sight of Jonathan, he seemed to begin to size him up, determine strength for a general idea. He did not seemed to be paying too much concern though. The man answered shortly after, saying that he would enjoy the company. Jonathan faintly smiled, analyzing this new character. He seemed strong, but definently one of those who flaunted their strength's. He introduced himself as Calrex, which summed the rest of it up. He was one of the, or the strongest players in Aincrad. He also had a unique skill, but Jonathan had never gotten the detail as to what it was. Calrex had indeed heard of their guild and referenced two of their Paladins. Jonathan smiled, the Celestial Ascendants really had come a long way, and solved many problems. He feared soon though, they would come to a time in which all guilds face, a problem that would question their entire way of things. The man also mentioned his guild, The Spectrum Coalition. I believe I have heard of that guild before. One of the best out there.... The Tank Paladin looked away, gazing around the town, and finally turned back as the man offered that they get heading. Jonathan smiled. That would be fore the bet. I am trying to get as strong as I can before the next boss fight, and determine If I will be strong enough to go. I want to be level thirty five by the time it starts.

• 1 month later...

"Level thirty five is definitely a fairly safe number to aim for, at least if you want to start participating in the floor boss battles. Hopefully this excursion will give you a good boost."

Swiping on his menu Calrex pulled down his current equipment window, making sure he was ready before giving a nod, "In any case, if you're all set we can get heading out. It's been some time since I've explored this floor, but if things haven't changed from before we shouldn't have too much trouble walking around."

"At least if the idea of enemies refraining from initiating combat on extremely high levels still holds true. There's been more than a few times where I've been proven wrong in my educated guesses."

Stretching his arms he loosened up his body in case they entered battle, glancing upwards to keep track of Roc as the blue peregrine falcon continued to circle overhead, "Speaking of this conversation I hope I didn't come off too strong. Geezes I think being the highest level in Aincrad is finally starting to get to my ego. I really need to keep that in check, or else that might end up turning into hubris. That comes with way more problems than anyone can handle."

Jonathan stood next to the blue haired player. He was quite a nice guy for one with so much power. After someone became the strongest, or even one of the top, they would instantly fall into corruption of their power. Their personalities would fall under the pressure of their power, and occasionally they would go around, expecting slaves and servants, and kill all those who did not obey. Curiostiy began to spike Jonathan's interests and he pelted the man with another question, though he refrained from sounding annoying about it. "So, what does it take for someone to end up with a unique skill such as yours? A tank unique skill I mean. I understand that the one you have is the only known out there at the moment." It was true, Jonathan had always wanted to better himself to the fullest extent, and Calrex had seemed to perfect himself. Jonathan began to walk out of the town with Calrex, feeding in on the information given to him. Calrex to this game was literally just a priceless artifact. He had an extent knowledge on the game that could be tapped into at any point in time. 

"Hm? Oh you mean the Achilles skill. Honestly, in my case it was most likely luck of the draw. Before this the only thing I had was a large level gap, heh. The original person that had obtained the skill from the rumor passed it on to me before he retired from the frontlines, and I still think to this day he did a far better job than I've done. I guess going from the circumstances at the time, it was because I tended to be the backup tanker for the front team. Nonetheless, I can't really go so far as to say I've earned it, although I do try my best to at least put it to good use protecting the raid teams and anyone under my charge."

"Only one known out there? Huh, that seems rather odd. I thought that Hikoru and Teayre's unique skills were also public information, as they both participate in the floor raids as frontliners, and they both have used them rather often in combat. I guess some things really don't leave the boss rooms."

Looking around as they two continued out of the gates the bluenette could see shadows of the corrupted humans running left and right in the distance, but so far none of them have been triggered, likely due to the strength of the two players combined. The AI of the monsters on each floor seemed to be consistent in that aspect.

"So if you don't me asking, what made you decide to go with a protective role? I've seen many players decide to go with a high attack or so-called 'glass cannon' build, but not many pick the one that hits the enemy less often."

Jonathan stood next to the blue haired man. He spoke of getting it passed down from another player and giveen to him. Jonathan frowned. "I did not know you could just give unique skills to someone else" Jonathan slowly walked through the gates of the town, watching as the shadows move in the darkness, but they had not been confronted yet, so it was all fine. Jonathan continued listening to the man, who seemed a little bit down on himself bout the skill. He said something quite surprising though. He preferred to just be a back up tank. He must have more of a bruiser build, but Achilles makes him a full blown tank! Then he asked a question that Jonathan had to really think. Protective role. "This is a hard one, but I think it might be the fact I have always wanted to help as many players as I can, and I am not going to get there with being a DPS." Jonathan smiled to the man and decided to comment and ask a question of his own. "Alright, my goal at the moment is to get my hands on demonics and make myself as strong as possible. Perhaps even get my guildmates some demonics. What would a man like you have as a goal? " Jonathan smiled, trying to warm up the question a bit. He had been searching for demonics for quite a while, but not even a unique had come his way. 

• 1 month later...

"Heh, well I don't really have something so specific. My main goal when I first started was to merely survive and make it out of here, but as my time here went along it changed to getting as many people out of here as I can, while preserving their humanity. Demonics are definitely something useful to everyone, so hopefully more will be put into circulation without someone trying to hoard them all."

"Guess some people share a similar idea to mine, than you can't protect someone if all you can do is fight."

Continuing to scan the area, the shadows continued to stay at a distance, although at times some did get a bit closer, potentially out of some kind of computer-generated "bravery", but nonetheless the didn't come close enough to discern any features. The bluenette could only assume that they were the common corrupted humans that populated the floor, but as he had encountered with Ssendom in the past, there were potentially roaming field bosses that could pose a problem later on.

OOC: I have no idea where this thread is going.... So long ago

The blond began forward, walking to the side of Calrex. He really was standing next to one of the greatest players in the game. It was exciting at first, but it really was not as great as it sounded. Thing in the dark distance moved, appearing to watch them, but thye made no advancements as if they were wary. He glanced over to Calrex. Of course they were wary. Even the game knew what level he was and to stay away from him was best. "So Calrex, what are the frontlines like? I have yet to join them, but I feel like if I can really try I will get there and do great" He smiled. He wante to know where Calrex's great level had come from, and perhaps he could get some of the secrets and become one of the strongest players. 'I also really want to find out how he got his hands on achilles. If I could find out how to get myself a Unique skill, it would be so amazing' He drew his blade, expecting a fight as they advanced in the darkness. 

@Calrex

OOC: Me neither. We'll just play it by ear XD

IC:

"The frontlines? Well, kind of tough to say. Honestly, my advice is usually to not rush to get to it, for more social reasons than just being of level. I guess you can say the cooperation and coordination of the various participants can be...spotty at best. It shouldn't be the case, especially with the potential of death befalling any of us should any in-fighting break out at a bad time."

Scratching the back of his head the bluenette gave a small sigh, "Sorry about that, I guess being a participant for so long can really eat away at your psyche. I will say that our numbers are small, as strong as the frontliners are. We're always in need of people to join, but definitely be even more cautious than you would be here in the field zones. This game has a twisted sense of humor at times, and that has resulted in some important people being scratched off the Monument of Life."

Glancing around them the shadows seemed to have moved a bit closer, but still out of clear view. The Ultramarine Knight guessed that even with his high level, the game was eventually going to let some monster engage them. It was only a matter of time before it happened. Calrex took note of his company's weapon being at the ready in preparation for a potential assailant. "If and when one of the roaming creatures decide to attack we'll need to be prepared to slay it as quick as possible. These things do travel in mobs, so reducing their numbers as quick as possible would be the best strategy."

@Morgenstern

• 4 weeks later...

Jonathan listened to the man as he walked. For being so powerful, he did not carry the smae attitude that Jonathan originally thought of him having. He had guessed the man would be strong, and wish to show it at every moment. Instead, he appeared much more wisdom, which was probably the cause of him getting so far. He had been smart about the way he did things, making it to the top through wisdom, not power. Power only went so far, but after you have already gone through the ways to beat another, they were goners. 

The man spoke that it should not be a rush to get to the frontlines, but instead join as he was sure he was ready. The frontlines were small and needed to be added too, but no reason to throw away his life trying to be strong enough to join them. Jonathan understood his point and nodded as he looked at the shadows of the dark world around him. The town was so pleasant, this was a dark wasteland. "I understand your point. I don't want to be one of those names that are scratched off the list." 

He took one last look at Calrex. 'What if I could get as strong as him? What if I got good enough, I did not need Achilles to go on? I would be able to say I am good without a unique skill! That would be awesome!' The blond as a little bit immature when it came to things at the moment. One thing he needed to work on was his level of seriousness. 

@Calrex