SP-F3) The Golden Pendant (Hoya)

Jonathan stood on the third floor, peering out to the forest that was over yonder. It appears that there was yet another quest that he had not completed as he was a lower level. The Hoya of Minos. He had no one to give a pendant to, but it was sufficient enough for the skill points. Anyway, he could keep the artifact for luck. He took a breath of the crisp air, opened his hud, accepted the quest and began to move on out. He trodded forward, not caring to actually equip any of his armor other than his sword. The mobs and monsters down here made no difference to his health. Even though his mitigation was now brought down to a zero, he still had a nice crisp battle healing skill to make sure he was good health wise. He looked forward as he neared the forest. There was apparently a temple or labyrinth of some sort that he had to retrieve a pendant. It should be easy enough. The guardians were about level ten. He believed they were Tauran Warriors. Well. Jonathan thought. All I have to do is get the pendant, and I believe I should level up from this quest. He had recently arrived at level thrity one, but ever since he had been working triple time. The White Knight had to be ready.

Jonathan pushed the leaves and branches out of his way as he entered the forest. He would have to wait til dark to find the temple so he could follow the screams, but he would rather be here, especially in an hour it would be pitch black. He equipped his armor and shield and decided to go and find a few mobs. Far into the wood, there was most likely some stronger mobs. He sighed and edged forward. He knew it would probably be a Minotaur since the wood was full of them. He sighed and looked around. He was about halfway in so he might as well just keep going. The blond tank unsheathed his weapon and poked forward. After a few more minutes he had not found any mobs at all. The man sighed and sat ont he ground, deciding to wait until dark. A few more minutes passed and an awful odor was caught in his nose. The ground had started to shake a bit, as if someone was stomping on hardwood floor. Jonathan looked around, catching sight of an armored minotaur with a large axe, with heavy black armor. Jonatha smiled and looked at the minotaur. Looking for me I suppose? Well, I am going to tel you. That was the worst mistake you could have made. Jonathan raised his weapon. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 620/620 <<62/62>>

Minotaur 310/310 150 DMG +2 ACC -2 EVA

Jonathan stood, with his shield at the ready. The minotaur advanced, grasping his large axe with both hands. The creature raised up the axe, to smash Jonathan down with it. This thing looks really slow... Jonathan smiled and slashed forward, his weapon meeting metal as he salshed across it. The minotaur roared and slammed Jonathan aside with its battleaxe. With a thud, Jonathan hit the ground, skidding to a stop. He is slow, but can hit pretty hard, and swing that axe pretty fast. Jonathan stood, watching as a dent was made in his armor, with a gash as well. He took quite the hit, but he as not scared, not even of his armor being damaged. For some reason, his armor mirrored his health. A few seconds later, his armor began to mend itself, along with his health. He smiled. Yeah, I can heal quite a bit. Your attacks are almost futile. Jonathan raised his shield up, preparing for another blow. The creature would probably be devastating upon a critical hit. 

Spoiler

71183 BD:5+2 MD: 7+2

Jonathan 618/620 <<56/62>> 620- (150-92) 58=562 +56=618

Minotaur 261/310 -49 HP

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood with his shield out, ready to deflect the large axe. He smiled a second, seeing an opening, right in the center of its chest. He then began to be able to remember what his father had told him about non-ranged weapons. If you have the smaller weapon, than get in closer. Jonathan nodded to himself and dashed forward, slashing repeatedly on the creatures chest. After his final slash, he kicked off the minotaur's chest and began to glide through the air. Then, out of nowhere, was his enemies axe. It struck him, sending him flying away. He i really good with that axe. It will be almost impossible to dodge that. As long as I can keep getting good hits though, we will be great. Jonathan stood, his health began to regenerate along with his armor, and his vision began to clear. I don't know how Macradon does what he does. I mean I know it is a game, but how do you make that? 

Spoiler

71232 BD:9 Crit MD:8  Regen Activated            Battle Turn: Battle Healing Activated!

Jonathan 616/620 <<56/62>> 618- (150-92) 58=562 +56=616

Minotaur 205/310 -56 HP

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood smiling at the Minotaur. It had lost a hundred health so far, but Jonathan still had twohundred to go. He did not deal as much damage as he needed to because Macradon had not finished with his weapon yet. He sighed but then gripped his tier one weapon tightly. He dashed forward, slashing the minotaurs chest again multiple times. It had a lot of effect there and could not hurt him really. The creature grabbed him and threw him upwards, then as he flew back down, the taurian warrior smashed its axe into him. Jonathan grunted as he felw through the air. He pushed himself from the ground and stood facing the minotaur.  I am going to kill you much harder now. You have no idea how tired I am of fighting you already. Just give me some good loot, and I will leave your other friends be. But it is still quite the ways from dark so I will eet them eventually. 

Spoiler

71255 BD:7 Crit MD:6 Regen          Battle Turn: Battle Healing Activated!

Jonathan 614/620 <<56/62>> 616- (150-92) 58=562 +56=614

Minotaur 156/310 -49 HP

Edited by Morgenstern

The blond tank stood quietly, thinking of possible other ways to finish off the Minotaur. Attacking its chest was an easy target, but now he actually was getting hit every time. Jonathan sighed and held his shield up. The minotaur made no move, so it was mainly a countering type of mob. Well, I can ot think of any other way to do this, and I don't actually get hurt that much, so I might as well continue it. Jonathan dashed forward, ducking under the swing from the large axe. Jonathan jumped p, slashing in a upward arcc on the minotaur's chest. The creature bellowed and kicked Jonathan back a few feet, and then finished it with his axe. Jonathan managed to intercept the blow with his shield, but it did not inflict paralysis. The tank held strong though, only losing a sliver of his health. The minotaur was not doing as well though. It reached quite a bit lower from the yellow, and was nearing the red zone. Jonathan chuckled and raised his shield up for defense again. 

Spoiler

71270 BD:7+2 MD:6+2

Jonathan 612/620 <<56/62>> 614- (150-92) 58=562 +56=612

Minotaur 107/310 -49 HP

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan advanced slowly, swinging his bade back and forth slowly. This appeared to anger the minotaur as it charged him this time. Jonathan moved in, stabbing the creature in the chest. The mob bellowed and faltered its charge. It backed up a bit, but then contined with a large smash with the flat of its axe. The blow was absorbed by the minotaur's shield, but Jonathan still took a lot more damage then usual. Luckily for him, his paralysis had been activated, allowing Jonathan safe passage in striking the beast. Jonathan began to laugh hysterically. Your charge actually somewhat worked, but it cost you your life! You literally in that one move threw it all away. You have made my work so easy you know? Jonathan smiled and swung his weapon from side to side as he approached the minotaur that was down on one knee. 

Spoiler

71272 BD:8 MD:10 Regen and Paralysis activated       Battle turn: Battle Healing Activated!

Jonathan 562/620 <<56/62>> 614- (200-92) 108=506 +56=562

Minotaur 58/310 -49 HP Paralyzed

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan slowly walked forward until he came to the minotaur. He paused there and bent down to whisper in the mob's ear. Ready to die perhaps? Jonathan smiled and jerked away as he caught scent of the miserable creature. As much as you stink, you probably WANT to die. Jonathan chuckled and lifted his weapon, preparing to slash of the bullman's head. Right as he brought his weapon down, something prevented him from doing so. Somehow thee minotaur was no longer paralyzed and it had blocked its attacked. Joanthan leapt away to prevent from being damaged. How did you get out of paralysis that quick? Te bull man stamped its hoof-foot ad growled menacingly. Jonathan smiled. So I realy do have a worthy opponent after all. I like its determination even though it is fighting an unwinnable battle. 

Spoiler

71274 BD:3+2=5 miss

Jonathan 562/620 <<31/62>> 

Minotaur 58/310  

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan anted a bit. The Minotaur seemed to be getting stronger and smarter. It was because it had entered the red zone. Jonathan grimaced from inside his armor and dashed forward, aiming for the easy target of his enemies chest. A few yards away, the bullman slashed at him, Jonathan leapt up and continued forward, but the minotaur slammed its axe in his way. It spun off its axe, and kicked Jonathan in the chest. It quickly continued, striking Jonathan with its axe, the double bladed axe slammed into Jonathan's shield and he skidded backwards. Jonathan grunted and remained away from the bullman until it fell to one knee. Jonathan sighed, relieved from being able to be attacked again. This was getting a bit out of hand. The minotaur had to be defeated. You fight well, Minotaur. I am afraid, I will not be recieveing as much satisfaction when I am actually doing the real quest. Lucky for you, I don't have my tier two weapon yet, or else you would be dead. 

Spoiler

71278 BD:1 MD:10 Regen and Paralysis Activated           Battle Turn: Battle Healing Activated!

Jonathan 510/620 <<30/62>> 62- (200-92) 108=454 +56=510

Minotaur 58/310  

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan pointed his weapon at the minotaur, his hand was a bit unsteady, but he was perfectly okay. He just needed one more good strike against this foe, and then it would be all over. He took a deep breath of the air, and then forced it to remain inside his virtual lungs. He dashed forward, and the minotaur swung it mighty axe. Jonathan jumped up and landed on the flat of the axe. He pushed downward with his feet, smashing the axe into the ground and pushing himself up. He brought his sword down with him as he fell, and made on long downward strike down the minotaur's body. The minotaur bellowed and shattered into millions of blue shards. The blond tank smiled and sheathed his weapon. He did not recieve any col, but that was okay. It was about time for the maze to appear, but he could fight at least one more monster before entering the maze. He smiled and sat down for another second or so. He needed to get soe energy back though. He could not deal enough damage to take two at one time. 

Spoiler

71309 BD:10 9x7=63 DMG Dealt Minotaur Dead. LD:3 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan sat breathing a bit more than usual, he was not yet at the point of exhaustion, but it was a decent out of energy. He had less than half left. Sadly for him, that mean he needed to have to wait here for a quarter of an hour or so. He sighed and decided that in a second he would look around for loot or something like that. He sighed and opened his HUD. He moved through his equipment, and found his <<Jacket of the Fallen>>. He equipped it and felt his armor fade. He felt a bit colder, but much more comfortable. The armor was light, but was still heavy armor that he had to lug on his shoulders. He felt his vision enhance and he sighed, laying his back down on the ground. He seen the light up in the sky being much dimmer than earlier, as time neared dark. He let the air out of his lungs and closed his eyes. Perhaps just a minute of resting would do him good. 

1/3

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan layed there in silence, thinking of things. Thinking of things to get stronger, get better, and also improve those around him. An idea came to his head, and he sat straight up. Perhaps... The First Guild event. I bemt the apprentices are getting bored, and we need to keep imporving them. And we also need to get a guild hall. What if We could do the same thing, but all at once. He looked around and thought sadly, It has to be donation though.... Hmm... what if.... Wha tif I could convince the guild to do an event where everything found would be given to the guilds funds. We could have everyone, and about thirty or so monsters would get us about 100,000 col, which would be a great start. It is probably the only way to earn col for the guild. I will have to message Itzal about it later. He would probably agree. I might send something to the other two as well, even though they have been... ah unseen, or inactive in a way...

2/3

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood as his energy was reflled, he would gve it another minute or so though. He did not want to rush it anyway. He needed the SP, but he did not want to kill himself by rushing into a battle, unprepared. He sighed and looked around, seeing a material plant, growing a bit aways forward. He walked silently forward and picked it, the item dissolved and added itself to his inventory. That was 2 materials this day found so far. He smiled and looked around. He should be able to find one more monster before it reached dark. The sun was on the horizon so it was the battle at sundown. He equipped his armor which ought to be essential for his fight. He could not fight another minotaur with lower than previous mitigation. His armor is what gave him most of his mitigation. Without it, he would only be able to take hits from monsters from floor seven or so. With it, he was amost rady to tank bosses. He sighed as he thought about that. He wanted to grandmaster block before the boss fight, but the meeting would be very soon, and the frontlines would not wait, which meant he had to work quadruple time.

71437 LD:14+2=16

2 Materials

<<Jacket of the Fallen>> unequipped -2 LD

<<Angealus Lux>> equipped +54 mit

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan shuffled in his armor, getting himself to the maximum comfortable and movable as possible. Now he had time to at least kill another monter, but first he would have to find one. The chances of finding another minotaur like that was probably rare. They did not have many monsters that level, and Minotaurs tend to stay towards the outside of the forest. Jonathan sighed and ooked over, seeing the moon raising in the sky. He stared at it for a moment, and then could have sworn it flashed. It was brief, but there was a bright white flash that just come from it. Jonathan frowned, unseen by anything from his armor and a shadow passed over it. This is... odd. Jonathan turned around as he heard a leaf crunch behind him and a raspy voice. A mist of darkness had begun to for a figure, and Jonathan took one step away. When the form was complete, a figure was shrouded in a black cloak, with long thin claws. What is it? The figure was slouched over, and kinda acted like the figures on the thirteenth floor. The figure stumbled forward, before its claws extended and they slashed across his armor. Jonathan backed away quickly, and noticed that his armor absorbed none of the blow. The claws literally faded through his armor. Jonathan grimaced and dashed forward, making seven quick strikes, maiming his opponent. He backed away raising his shield. 

Spoiler

71440 BD:7 MD:7

Jonathan 620/620 <<56/62>>  Health: 620-75+56=601

Shadowstalker 261/310 -49

ShadowStalker- 75 DMG, ignores mitigation, 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan took another step back and stood firm from there. The creature rasped and stumbled forward, shadows drifting off its body like some sort of stench, and the cold was its aura. Jonathan shuddered and wanted to end this fight as quick as possible. This was probably a rare creature though, and would drop cool rewards. He sighed and shot forward, making sure to keep away from the creatures cold dead claws. He slashed a few times, but the creature moved, or deflected the blow its its claws. Getting at a few more angles, he still did not manage a hit. He groaned and faded away agin, untouched, but did not do anything. This was a waste of a few minutes or so. This creature was different from others he had seen. It was the furst he had seen with a  unique enhancement to its build. This creature had low damage, but it had a phase mechanic. It would go through his mitigation completely, making his battle healing his only useful tank skill in this battle. 

Spoiler

71625 BD:4 MD:1

Jonathan 620/620 <<55/62>>  Health: 601+20=MaX HP

Shadowstalker 261/310 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled to his opponent as he held his normal battle position. Shield ready to block, a foot or so from right in front of him. Sword in his right hand had his left foot in front, giving him a vertical stance. The creature rasped and jumped high into the air. It became unseen through the night sky, and Jonathan prepared himself from an attack where he though the creature was going to land. Next thing he knew he heard a rustle behind him, and the blond tried to turn but it was far too late. The creature dug its claws across his back and quickly leapt away. Its attacks were quick an unrelentning. It was more of a ninja, fading away into the darkness. You fight like a coward. You are a hit and run, not taking any hits. The tank sighed, taking a stance in which he would be able to notice movement on all sides of him. The best strategy for now was to learn movements, and try to counter. Once he got the rotation down, it was all over. 

Spoiler

71628 BD:2 MD:8

Jonathan 620/620 <<54/62>>  Health: 620-75+56=601

Shadowstalker 261/310 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood in silence, waiting for the arrival of his enemy. It appeared to kind of be like Hikoru. It would fade in the shadows and attack quick and dissapear again. His blade casted off a golden light, but it was not big enough to determine the location of the creature. It must be a rare game. Was it spawned by the moon? There had to be some reason why the moon shone and then this creature appeared. Silently, Jonathan observed around. He heard a raps coming from his left and he jumped out of the way, watching the creature trying to strike him unnoticed. Another second and it would have ripped through his body. It is going to take more than that. I don't have any scout skills at the moment, but I can easily hear you. Jonathan held his weapon at the ready. He was not going to let it hit him that easily. He was a warrior and it should not happen that way. 

71629 BD:1 MD:5

53 Energy

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood, with his sword out and extended. This fight would go much quicker if he had a tier two weapon. It was all fine though, he would be able to manage. The blond stepped forward, a slight breath as he passed. The shadowed creature had not gone and hid, leaving it exposed. Perhaps it had a hiding technique that was not usable for so long. Jonathan smiled faintly, closing his eyes. He waited a second, before his eyes snapped open his lust making moves for him. In seconds he was hacking at the creatures body, rasps and shrieks drowned out with the noise. The blond left one last hack before leaping backwards. The creature was hunched over. It was rasping on the ground, but it still had a bit more than half of its life left. It can't die yet can it? The creature began to grow, ripping through its cloak. It became more feline, and eventually became a large sabertooth cat. 

I bet its Stats changed

Spoiler

71703 BD:9 MD:5

Jonathan 620/620 <<47/62>> 

Shadowstalker 205/310 -56

ShadowStalker- 150 DMG, -2 EVA, +2 ACC

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood with his blade extended. The huge cat began to growl, facing Jonathan. It appeared to have large claws but most likely not able to sink through armor. Jonathan jumped away from an oncoming attack, but the creatures claws began to rip through his armor. Jonathan landed on the ground with a thud. He stood up, and staggered backwards. Jonathan growled and darted forward, his weapon gleaming gold. He leapt up and landed in front of the large beast. From there, he leapt straight up, dragging his weapon up with him. A long red gash appeared on its chest. With a smile, Jonathan landed, and took a leap backwards, landing softly. Just because you get bigger, does not mean you can kill me easier.... This should be over in a  few seconds. His blade rested at his side ready for another strike. Bigger makes it easier to hit. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 618/620 <<56/62>>  620-(150-92)=58+56=2 dmg taken

Shadowstalker 142/310 -63

ShadowStalker- 150 DMG, -2 EVA, +2 ACC

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as he stood. The creature seemed to be a bit ticked that he had struck it. It thrashed violently around until it came into view of him. The blond crouched, ready to dodge against the beast's assault. As t came into close quarters, Jonathan leapt up, landing on the creature's head, where then he jumped off to the right side of it. He landed softly on the ground. He had not ensured a good attack on the creature, but ensured the creature did not touch him. It would cause the creature to be more violent, and therefore easy to hit. Jonathan spoke up, moving to taunt the creature. I thought you were supposed to hit me? I don't think you were anywhere close to hitting me. it is pointless, give it up. The beast roared in response,  the trees rumbled a bit. The creature was big, but not yet powerful. I bet it will have a third form, and won't be nice when it is in it. 

Spoiler

71714 BD:2 MD:3

Jonathan 618/620 <<46/62>>  620-(150-92)=58+56=2 dmg taken

Shadowstalker 142/310

Edited by Morgenstern