[SP-F6] The only thing standing in your way is you <<The Gemini>>[Complete]

Today Aereth was wearing his new armor for the first time while scouting out new floor. And said new floor was the sixth floor to be precise. He heard from other players that this floor was only inhabited by woman. It was also very obvious that the floor was made after the amazon forest. 

So he walked through the streets and side ways of the main settlement <<Amazon>> and not one player seemed to notice him at all. Some were casting him dark looks and some of them whispered as he passed them, but nobody seemed to want to get into his way. "Good." he thought and continued his walk.

Some minutes later he reached an empty square, where a single women, seemingly a NPC, was standing, no she seemed to wait for something. As Aereth wanted to walk past her, she said with a smug grin. "Greetings, boy. Do you want to have a friendly spar with me? Maybe I can show you some 'moves'." The last part was said in a very suggestive manner and sent a wink to him. Aereth rose an eyebrow at the rash comment of the women even though nobody could see that through his mask. He then chuckled and answered. "Sure my lady." He paused. "If you want to get your a** manhandled, that is sweetie."

Aereths equipment:

Spoiler

Equipped: Dexterous Intent, Nightingale and Sword of Legion

Battle ready: Discovery Ring

Edited by Aereth

To this the female said nothing. She just continued to grin at Aereth and suddenly a Half loss Duel invite popped up in front of Aereth. "You will get a great reward if you manage to be me, boy." she said still grinning. "Bring it on, lady." Aereth answered and pressed the accept button. Then the sixty second timer started to float in the middle of them, and Aereth equipped the rest of his battle gear. After some seconds he got engulfed in light and was standing there with his Nightingale armor, Dexterous Intent ring on his right ring finger and his Sword of Legion in his left hand. Then however something strange happenend. The woman began slowly to morph into a figure with black armor and a very familiar sword. Aereth's eyes widened as he realized what just happened. "T-That's my armor and my sword. H-How?" Then a notification popped up in his HUD. "New Quest. The Gemini. Defeat yourself in a full-loss duel." 

"Seems like you finally realized you little prick." The Gemini spat at Aereth. "F*ck you man. Better give me an appropriate reward when I sliced you into half." Aereth answered and got really pissed off. When the timer finally hit zero both of them started to dash at each other. Aereth couldn't was pleasantly surprised as he noticed how fast he was able to move in his new armor. He readied a sword art, dodged the first swipe of the Gemini, who was extreme slow in comparison to Aereth, and swiped at the chest of his enemy, reducing his HP by a whole lot.

ID# 71498 results:
Battle: 9+3
MOB: 2-3

Damage: 8*3*2= 48 DMG

Aereth: 340/340 <<29/34>> -6+1
Gemini: 292/340 -48 HP

Edited by Aereth

"You're a whole lot slower than I am, you imposter. I guess that you don't have any enhancements on your equipment. If you don't speed up a little bit, I'll get out of this battle completely unharmed." Aereth said to the Gemini and thought about using the opportunity to test out his unarmed combat skills. After this unexpected quest he intended to do the breaking the unbreakable quest to acquire the material arts skill. "Don't get too full of yourself you little f*cker. Even if I fight you without any enhanced weapons, I'll still beat your a** back to the town of beginnings." The Gemini responded and was seemingly pissed of by Aereths last comment. "It seems this AI even emulates my personality. Interesting." Aereth thought and started another attack in the Gemini. 

He tightened the grip on his sword as he reached his foe, and released a barrage of hits against the imposer. He was able to block some of Aereths hits, but the majority of them went through his Defense and left red damage markers on his virtual body. 

Spoiler

ID# 71506 results:
Battle: 7+3
MOB: 3-3

Damage: 7*3*2= 42 DMG

Aereth: 340/340 <<24/34>> -6+1
Gemini: 250/340 -42 HP

Edited by Aereth

Aereth retreated away from the Gemini and created some distance between them. A smug grin appeared on Aereths face and he said. "Look at me Buddy. I still don't have a single damage marker on my body." He was very confident that he could defeat this enemy without much problems. And if this AI really emulated his personality then it would slowly loose its patience if Aereth mocked it even further.

Suddenly the Genimi disappeared from Aereths field of view. "So he can go faster huh..." Aereth muttered and readied himself for an incoming strike. Out of instinct he turned around and blocked the incoming strike with his sword. The Gemini was really surprised by this quick parry and tried to retreat in order to avoid a counter hit. Unfortunately it wasn't able to do so since Aereth delivered a kick to the chest of the Gemini and followed his no damage attack with a swipe of his sword, dealing another solid amount of damage to him. 

"How? How did you know that I'd attack you from behind?" The gemini asked with a voice full of rage. 

Spoiler

ID# 71507 results:
Battle: 9+3
MOB: 1-3

Damage: 8*3*2= 48 DMG

Aereth: 340/340 <<19/34>> -6+1
Gemini: 202/340 -48 HP

Edited by Aereth

"You are me, and I am you. I observed and analyzed your fighting style and came to the conclusion that your fighting style is exactly like mine. So I just had to think: What would I do in such a situation? And BAAM. Gotcha." He answered with a grin. Then it was his time to vanish. 

"So you want to use the same trick on me that I tried to use on you some moments earlier?" The Gemini exclaimed in a cocky voice. Aereth re-appeared not behind him but directly above him. He jumped as he reached the attack range of his enemy and readied his sword art. The Gemini however was able to step to the side just in time to avoid the incoming hit. "Nice dodge buddy." Aereth said to him. He was really impressed that the Gemini was able to dodge this hit  with so much ease. But again, he had the same stats and reaction time as Aereth. "I told you not to get too full of yourself. It could cost you your head one day." The Gemini answered and tried to slash at Aereth but missed his hit, because Aereth leaned back in order to dodge.

Spoiler

ID# 71525 results:
Battle: 2+3
MOB: 4-3

Aereth: 340/340 <<18/34>> -2+1
Gemini: 202/340

Edited by Aereth

This time the Gemini managed to keep Aereth on his heels with the attacks it was throwing at him. "I have to admit, that you are not as bad as I thought in the beginning but still..." Aereth dodged a left swipe, and sent a punch to the face of the Gemini. This made him stumbling back some steps in surprise from Aereth's attack. "But you still don't have the right equipment to take me on my friend. Even though I just dodged and blocked your attacks, you still failed to get a clean hit on me. While your health got reduced to under half. In the long term this is a loosing battle for you." While the Gemini still struggled to regain his balance, Aereth charged a sword art and cut a star like pattern into the chest of him with his Star Quint Prominence. As he waited for him to recover from his attack Aereth sighed. "This better be worth the trouble."

Spoiler

ID# 71526 results:
Battle: 7+3
MOB: 2-3

Damage: 7*3*2=42

Aereth: 340/340 <<13/34>> -6+1
Gemini: 160/340

Edited by Aereth

"You might be right with what you say about the power difference in terms of enhancements, but there is one thing I'm clearly better at than you, buddy." The Gemini said to Aereth and chuckled at him. "Look at your Energy Bar and tell me what you see."

Aereth frowned at the sentence of the Gemini. He knew exactly that he was using big amounts of energy to constantly reduce the health of the Gemini, and that he would only have enough energy for two sword arts. "Since you are nothing more than a mob, I assume you have unlimited energy?" Aereth asked. 

"Exactly my friend. So don't make plans on the future if you haven't even the endurance to keep up with me in one or two hits." After finishing his sentence the Gemini once again sped towards Aereth with the intent of slashing him into two pieces, but again got blocked by Aereth's blade. Aereth immediately overpowered the Gemini and charged another sword art to hit it. The blade connected with the virtual flesh of the Gemini and he reduced his health to about thirty percent.

Spoiler

ID# 71527 results:
Battle: 5+3
MOB: 8-3

Damage: 7*3*2=42

Aereth: 340/340 <<8/34>> -6+1
Gemini: 118/340

Edited by Aereth

Unfortunately the Gemini recovered faster than Aereth expected, and countered with a sword art on his own. For the first time in this battle, red damage markers appeared on Aereth's body, and he saw how his health bar was slowly shrinking. Aereth smirked, and created some distance between him and the Gemini. "You are right. It seems the tables are turning. But still, you know that I'll win. Even if I just do little damage with every hit. Slowly but surely you will fall. My armor has special enhancements that keep me save from almost every hit you are going to throw at me. This..." Aereth pointed at his glowing damage markers. "...was pure luck my friend." He kept his cool on the outside, but was f*cking annoyed on the inside. This battle would be over much faster if he had more energy. But he had to work with the things he got.

ID# 71619 results:
MOB: 9-3
Damage: 5*2*3=30

Aereth: 310/340 <<9/34>> +1

Edited by Aereth

"Pure luck you say... Then how about this?" The Gemini said, and dashed towards him once again. This time Aereth was fast enough to avoid the sharp end of his sword by stepping to the side. He formed a fist with his free right hand, and delivered a solid punch to the Geminis face. Surprised by Aereth unconventional way of dealing with his attack, the Gemini stumbled backwards and let go of the replica of Aereth's sword of legion. "Oh come on, just a little b*tchslap to your face is all that it takes to seperate you from your blade? Pathetic..."
Aereth slowly waked towards the sword, picked it up, and threw it in the Gemini's direction. It burried itself into the ground with the sharp end just centimeters away from the Gemini's feet.  "I have some work to do, so please.... Don't get in my way." Hatred was leaking from the deepths of Aereth's heart as he spoke to the Gemini.

Spoiler

ID# 71664 results:
MOB: 1

Aereth: 310/340 <<10/34>> +1

Edited by Aereth

Aereth wanted to be done with this stupid and unexpected quest as soon as possible. He had other things planned for the rest of the day. One thing was, scouting out the sixth floor, in order to gain more knowledge about the NPC's, quests, monsters and environment of this particular floor. He was also looking for a safe house, or in other words, an inconspicuous inn where he could go when things hit the bucket.

The Gemini immediately picked the sword up and cursed. "F*ck you man. You dodge my hits with little to no effort. So it doesn't even matter if I have unlimited energy. You are a real a**hole you know that.

"F*ck you. You choose to ruin my day by transforming into me, with the intent of sucking my sweet life out of me. I just came here to scout out the floor and you pissed me off. Sooooo.... Live with it, b*tch."

Spoiler

ID# 71665 results:
MOB: 1

Aereth: 310/340 <<11/34>> +1

Edited by Aereth

Aereth couldn't even finish his last sentence before the Gemini once again started to attack him. Unless the last few times, he seemed not to have any plan for his attack. He just furiously slashed at Aereth in hope to land a solid hit on the back dressed man.

Aereth on his side just dodged one hit after the other, and dashed away from his enemy. The last few minutes he had tricked the Gemini into talking, since he needed to regain his energy for the last three attacks. Aereth knew he just needed three more hits to get him down. Judging from the damage he did earlier. "Just a little bit longer, and I'll get rid of him." he thought.

The Gemini tried his best to intercept Aereth, but had no chance against the speed of the scout. Aereth still smiled as he saw his energy bar going up bit by bit.

Spoiler

ID# 71667 results:
MOB: 2

Aereth: 310/340 <<12/34>> +1

Edited by Aereth

Aereth was pushing his speed to the absolute maximum as he and the Gemini were playing cat and mouse on the battle ground. Aereth was never able to test out the absolute maximum ratings of this armor since he crafted it. It had been hanging mainly on its prepared place on the third floor of Aereths shop. 

After some moments bot opponents stopped to catch their breaths again. "Even though it p*sses me of to say this, you are motherf*cking fast. That armor of yours is an amazing piece of work. Where did you get it from?" Aereth chuckled at the question of the Gemini. "I appreciate your compliments buddy. This armor was crafted by non other than me." He then started to laugh. "You're not very well informed about me, for the fact that you should BE me." 

The Gemini also chuckled and answered. "To stay true, I'm just a motherf*cking AI that was programmed to take on your personality and looks. So don't judge me."

Spoiler

ID# 71668 results:
MOB: 6-3

Aereth: 310/340 <<13/34>> +1

Edited by Aereth

Suddenly something inside of Aereth cringed. He was fighting nothing more than an AI. A very high developed AI but still. Somehow he felt pity for the AI. Generated for the sole purpose of being defeated by a player. Sad, but Aereth couldn't do anything about it. All he could do, was to defeat the Gemini, so that it at least could fulfill its purpose. 

"Don't give me that look. You look like a little b*tch if you do. I know exactly what you are thinking right now. And all I can say to you is: Don't bother. See me and my presence only as a way to get stronger. But I have to beg you something. Please kick Kayabas a** as hard as you can, when you and the other players get out of here. He's an a**hole that needs to be punished." The Gemini spoke to Aereth.

"Don't worry I will." He answered still feeling some kind of sorry for the AI.Just a little bit longer...

Spoiler

ID# 71669 results:
MOB: 3-3

Aereth: 310/340 <<14/34>> +1

Edited by Aereth

"Don't you think I know what you did the whole time we were talking? I knew you just tried to waste some time to refill your energy reserves. But you know what? I don't care. Just make sure you entertain me a little bit longer before I will be destroyed once again." With that the Gemini once again dashed at Aereth with his maximum speed.

Aereth tightened the grip on his sword and waited for the incoming hit. As the Gemini reached him, Aereth blocked the attack with his sword. "I'll do my best to keep you entertained. And I promise you that I'll ram my boot right into Kayaba's with all the power I can generate." The Gemini smiled and both him and Aereth nodded in agreement as they made some distance between them again. "Just give me a tool with which I can archive this goal even faster..."

Spoiler

ID# 71670 results:
Battle: 5+3
MOB: 5-3

Aereth: 310/340 <<15/34>> +1

Edited by Aereth

Aereth looked at his energy bar once more and smiled. He finally regained enough energy to take the Gemini down. Now he just needed to hit three more times and he could call it a day. Well not really, since he would have to scout the rest of the floor afterwards but who cares. 

He took off once again and charged his star quint prominence. As the Gemini saw what Aereth was up to it smiled. "Seems like you gathered enough energy to finish me off, huh?" It took an defensive position to possibly block the incoming strike and follow up with a counter, but unfortunately, Aereth had other plans. As he reached the Gemini, he sent a punch flying in the direction of the Gemini's face. This time the Gemini dodged the hit, but was now open for Aereth's sword art. He released it and dealt once again a heavy amount of damage to the Gemini.

Spoiler

ID# 71671 results:
Battle: 9
Damage: 8*3*2=48
MOB: 3

Aereth: 310/340 <<10/34>> -6+1
Gemini: 70/340

Edited by Aereth

The Gemini stumbled backwards at the strong hit of Aereth. His health point were now in the red and one more hit would end his virtual live. He smiled and dashed at Aereth. Aereth on his side reacted with also dashing at the Gemini. Both of them met in the middle of the way and they engaged each other into close combat. Aereth was able to get another solid hit on the Gemini, and smiled. 

The Gemini saw this chance and slashed directly at Aereths back. It seemed like the Gemini landed a hyper crit on Aereth, since his health points got reduced by a big chunk. Both opponents felt forward and landed on their knees. "Seems like our little intermezzo is reaching the highlight." The Gemini said as both of them stood up again. "I guess you are right. But I'm somehow glad that I was able to fight you. I learned a whole lot from this fight, and it will help me putting an end to this madness..." With that eh unequipped his accuracy ring and equipped his loot ring to raise his chances of getting something good out of the fight. 

Spoiler

ID# 71672 results:
Battle: 4+3
Damage: 7*2*3=42

MOB: 10
Damage: 6*3*2=36

Aereth: 274/340 <<5/34>> -6+1
Gemini: 28/340

Unequipped: Dexterous Intent

Equipped: Discovery Ring

Edited by Aereth

The Gemini was about to answer Aereth, but unfortunately was interrupted by Aereth. To be precise, Aereth vanished from his field of view, and as the Gemini was able to see him again, he had already pierced right through the chest of the Gemini.

He smiled and sank down to his knees. "In the end you indeed were too fast for me. I couldn't even react to the incoming attack." Aereth retreated his sword and sheathed it on his back. He knew that it was over. The Gemini closed his eyes and said his last last words. "Just hold the promise you gave me. And another thing." He paused. "Don't loose your way."

Aereth opened his eyes wide. "H-how can he know about this?" He thought as he removed his hood and mask to look at the Gemini clearly. Just as he was about to ask him, he disappeared into tiny little polygons, and a congratulation window popped up in front of him.

<<Congratulations for defeating the Gemini. New skill unlocked: Disguise>>

Spoiler

ID# 71673 results:
Battle: 8
Damage: 7*1*5=35

Loot: 18+4=22 Aereth gets the Disguise skill
MOB: 8-3

Aereth: 274/340 <<1/34>> -5+1
Gemini: 0/340 DEAD

Edited by Aereth

Aereth looked at the empty spot the Gemini left behind and rose to his feet again. He knew that he just fought a random AI that somebody programmed, but somehow the fight with the Gemini touched him... The last words the Gemini spoke hit Aereth off guard. Aereth was wondering if the Gemini knew about his hidden goals, and why he wanted to become stronger. Ironically, Aereth even got a fitting skill for his future build. The Disguise. Aereth read through the description of the extra skill. The skill grants the wielder to temporarily transform into anything he is fighting for a limited amount of time. This resulted in a better hit rate for the wielder and higher miss chance for the opponent. With other words, the perfect stealth skill. Aereth could use the skill to vanish in big crowds and to hide his traces. Right now Aereth didn't even know how often he would use this skill in the future. Maybe it would become his signature skill... Who knows.

Either way, Aereth had to finish scouting out this floor today, so he headed out of the city and made his way into the amazon forest. After some minutes of walking he found some fruits hanging down from a tree, so he immediately climbed the tree and stored them into his inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 71675 results:
Loot: 18+4=22

Materials: 0+4=4

Edited by Aereth

As Aereth walked through the Amazon's Folly, he noticed the big amount monsters on this floor. It took him everything he had to avoid getting into combat with these monsters. Even though Aereth had fought much stronger monsters in the past, not to mention the Gemini, he didn't want to get into combat again today. Just scouting and some material gathering, nothing more nothing less.

He still had to think about his fight with the Gemini. It was creeping Aereth out that the Gemini seemed to know about his plans and goals. But at least he got a decent skill out of the battle. Aereth sighed and decided to take a rest.

He leaned against a tree and removed his mask once again, to be able to drink something. Just as he was about to fetch a water bottle from his inventory, he noticed some pearls hidden under some leaves on the ground. He smiled and stored them into his inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 71676 results:
Loot: 19+4=23

Materials: 4+4=8

Edited by Aereth

After picking up the pearls and finishing his break, Aereth made his way deeper into the forest.

Two hours later he found something strange. It looked like an old way into the dense forest, but it was hidden very good. Any normal player would just walk past it, but not Aereth. He was a scout after all. Trained to find the things that stayed hidden to the other players. So he immediately made his way through the dense forest and followed the hidden path.

Ten minutes later he found something that looked like an entrance to an ancient temple. As he walked over to the entrance another window popped up in front of him. <<Intermediate Sub Dungeon found. Do you want to enter, or do you want to get a <<Dungeon Map>> to enter the dungeon in the future?>> Aereth didn't need to think long about this question and immediately pressed <<Get <<Dungeon Map>>>> and made his way back to the main settlement. "I need to prepare everything, and call my guildmates. We will definitely explore this dungeon together.

On his way back, he even found another set of pearls. "This day was definitely worth it." He thought as he reached the teleport gate.

Spoiler

ID# 71677 results:
Loot: 19+4=23 Advanced Sub Dungeon found

Materials: 8+4=12 (If I cannot claim materials when I find a sub dungeon I'm sorry, and I'll correct it later), <<Dungeon Map>>

Edited by Aereth