[OP-F9] Hydrogen Sulfide

"Again, I don't mind. And I can do some damage if so monsters do appear so I'm not too weak." She spawned her dagger effortlessly and holstering it, keeping it ready for her to use. "I could use some experience as well, so that's a plus." She wasn't content with where she was after all this time and she really did need some leveling up. Her eyes glided over to Sey, for his answer.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All right, I think I'm sold then." He'd announce to the group as he shoved the metal tip of the spear into the ground, placing his weight on it so that he would lean on it. Provided they were close, making a bail towards the town was not a hard task to accomplish for any dangerous scenario. A good nights rest at the inn should restore health back to normal, then they could look for some better equipment. "I'm not so reliant if you need damage. Got some orders waiting back at a blacksmiths shop. But I'll gladly put enemies on stun for a bit if needed." What probably would have been more useful was him stacking up his loot chances. But that would make him even more fragile than before. And he was not ready to be taken down by stray boars back on the first floor, which would have had his neck otherwise if he did not invest the way he did in the weapon damage skills and sword arts.

(OOC: This is the thread of Christmas spirit!)

Hydra coughed, his eyes had also teared up a little since he had come into contact with the smell. "Alright, one of you two might want to lead the way to the gate. Once we are there then I will take you on a tour guide." The spearman laughed a little as he said this. "Probably the most dangerous tour guide you will ever go on. However as long as you can keep your balance you'll be fine." Both players seemed to be adept in their own fields of combat which was also comforting to hear. The brunette slung his spear over his shoulder now covering up his face with what he could. Both to conceal his presence from the guards and to also stop the smell which was growing worse.  A little concerned about the activity of the volcano they were currently hanging over, the spearman began to hum a tune slightly to distract himself from the world around him and prepared to follow Sey or Kotori.

Kotori went ahead first, walking towards the gate to lead them both towards it. "Ehh, I dunno about that. And my balance is pretty good so I'll be alright. I'm sure." She took out a bottle water, drinking some of along the way to the destination. She should probably check back on her cafe and see if she could try to open it up again. It was a possibility, although a lot of cooks had popped up that probably made better than things than her. And were more advanced.

(OOC: HOHOHO!)

"I am afraid I can't lead. For... Good reasons." He would announce as he looked down at his body to see what he had on him. Nothing that the pros would wear, that was for certain. The lady of the group would take the lead instead, which was fortunate seeing the dangers would not rest on his shoulders if they were to get into an encounter. Hopefully they were prepared as they thought they were. At least their health seemed to keep them on good footing with the world. But this was the 9th floor after all. Anything could most certainly happen if they were not too careful. So with his spear at hand, he was ready to trigger the Sword Arts of stunning if it were needed before the three of them begin to batter. What enemies could reside here though was something he wanted to know. So with this, he'd proceed to advance behind the lady.

"Hmm mm mm" Hydra continued to hum to himself as the group approached the gate. Somewhere in the far distance many volcanoes were erupting. The spearman pondered if at any point the ones that had settlements on them would also explode. Feeling a shuffle underneath his armor two heads suddenly popped out letting out a cry similar to that of a dragon wyrmling.

It was almost like a comedy sketch as Hydra quickly put his finger to his lips trying to shush his noisy familiar. "Please be quiet!" He half mumbled half shouted whilst glancing over his shoulders to see if anyone had noticed, before proceeding to try and stuff the two heads back into his armor. Fortunately it didn't seem to attract much attention, if any. Most people usually just pulled the disturbed mentally look upon seeing Twilight, and to be honest it wasn't that surprising to Hydra. After all it wasn't every day one would see a two headed flying snake.

As the trio approached the gates, a sickening groan emanated from the lava and volcano below them, bubbles appearing and popping rapidly, more than before as the ground began to shake beneath. A burning, molten-rock hand gripped the floor nearby, pulling itself up as a ghastly, lava creature showed its ugly face. Its skin was made out of molten rock and lava, its face dis formed in such a way that made it appear as the scream. "Reeeturn the slab... or suffer my cursee." It moaned, slowly moving towards the three and blocking their entrance. 

ID# 71724                                                                                                                                                                                                

MD: 9  

DMG: 99 (+1 because critical )

Monster's HP: 240/240 (10 Mit, 90 DMG)

Kotori's HP: 141/240

Sey's HP: 220/220

Hydra's HP: 480/480

The monster hands deform into a whip-like structure before lashing out at the closest person it sees, Kotori. It hits multiple time before hitting her to the side.

Kotori curses as she is hit, before getting up with some difficulty. The creature had cut her health by a third already, although it wasn't in the yellow just yet. She should've just in town really, she wasn't nowhere near strong enough to fight such a creature. Although, she wasn't going to go down without at least trying to fight. And just maybe, a sword art could work. Which is what she did. Although, she barely nicked it in the end, even with her strongest sword art.

ID# 71724

BD: 5+1=6 (1 ACC)

(Infinite) 6 x 5 x 1 = 30 - 10 Mit = 20 DMG

Monster's HP: 220/240 (10 Mit, 90 DMG)

Kotori's HP: 150/240

Sey's HP: 220/220

Edited by Kotori

Perhaps it was not that fortunate after all. What could one expect from the ninth floor, the group of them met their first monster, and it was none too inviting to them either. Something about a slab being returned or whatever. But there was three of them, and the enemy was just one being. The lady would aim to make the first strike, successful as well. Hopefully his luck would be something similar. So he'd pace forward with the spear in hand, lunging his right arm straight forward with the weapon at hand to get it. however, the result was unsuccessful as it narrowly moved the head out of the way of his weapon. The result was a miss, and a small hit towards his energy as well. But it does seem like any damage was returned to him in the process, which was more than fortunate. So with this, he'd move back, not looking to anger the monster any further. The last thing he needed was to build up hate. If the lady continued to take damage, she'll have to take the timeout, which would down them one fighter.

Monster's HP: 220/240 (10 Mit, 90 DMG)

Kotori's HP: 150/240

Sey's HP: 220/220 Hate: 0

ID: 71727

BD: 3

MD: 4

@Hydra @Kotori

Edited by Sey

The trio had been casually walking to there destination when a large groan came from beneath them. "Sey was that your stomach?" Hydra said jokingly. Unfortunately it was followed by a second loud noise that certainly wasn't from Sey. "Reeeturn the slab... or suffer my cursee." The spearman stopped in his tracks, as some sort of monster suddenly appeared at the gate blocking the path out. He couldn't really describe its appearance, other than the fact that it seemed to be made of molten rock, in any case the creature had a quick initiative and was already attacking the group. It lashed out at the closest player first, which happened to be Kotori.

Hydra was relatively slow to engage, being the last player to try attack this thing. However he had readied his stance and followed it by activating his <charge> skill. Heading straight at the monstrosity trying to avoid its whip like ligaments the spearman went straight for the main body. Raising Lyrica's fang high above his head he struck outwards at the creature twelve times activating his most powerful sword art. Whatever the spearman did it seemed to work, the creature let out another groan and turned its attention onto Hydra. The spearman laughed giddily before ending with a slight gulp as he looked up at this molten monstrosity.

ID# 71737 results:

<<Charge>> Activated

Battle: 10 (+2 Crit, +1 Charge, +3 Weapon) = 12 Base

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = [12x12 = 144 - 10 = 134 DMG to Monster]

Monster's HP: 86/240 (10 Mit, 90 DMG)

[H:1] Kotori's HP: 150/240

[H:0] Sey's HP: 220/220

[H:2] Hydra's HP: 480/480 | Energy: 35/48 | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 1 ACC | 9 DMG (6+3)

Edited by Hydra

[OOC: I hope you all don't mind me posting here, it looked interesting so I thought I would join in on the scene]

Bhairyuu had gotten bored of exploring Floor 1 and its safezone, the <<Town of Beginnings>>, so he had decided to go to Floor 7 that day after finishing his morning ablutions. So he dressed for the occasion, using a variant of his usual outfit that sported blazing red, orange, and black hues since he had heard that Floor 7's safezone was <<Vulcan Village>>, a place that apparently was constructed over an active volcano of sorts. After equipping his special sword and the rest of his items, he set off for the teleport gate at the plaza of the <<Town of Beginnings>> and had declared in a clear voice

"Teleport! Floor 7!"

Almost instantly, he vanished in a mesmerizing flash and swirl of bluish-white light and reappeared on Floor 7 and in <<Vulcan Village>>. Now, he began walking through and exploring it and soon enough, he had to stop and adjust himself to the strong smell of sulfur that seemed to pervade the air in the village. He did not stop for long, though, since he figured that would only make things worse for him in the long run. Instead he set off again at a brisk pace and soon came upon a group of players, one of who he recognized from the recent event. So he went up to them and once within range, he took off his firey-red colored medium-size Chinese hat and greeted them

"Hey guys, how's it going?! Fancy meeting you here, @Hydra."

"Why the hell did I come up to this infernal floor. It's too bloody hot and reeks of sulfur." whined Khrysaor while fanning himself with his hand, as he sat down on one of the benches on a thin road. the settlement's basic structure looked similar to Florenthia village on the 8th with some minor differences. The roads were quite thin in both villages, and if one was to lean over the road they would fall to their demise, either by being burned alive by the volcano in vulcan village, or fall flat onto the ground and become a bloody smear in Florenthia.

Khrysaor was thinking, "What a drag? I like it better being on Floor 8, nice weather, and good cloud watching spots" He decided that it might be best on skipping out on his continued adventure on floor 9 and just head back to his shop. He started to walk towards the teleportation gate, but stopped as he caught sight Ryuu coming out of the gates who started to walk at a brisk place. 'Ohoh... lookie here.. I wonder what he is doing up here.' thought Khrysaor. Instead, of calling out to him Khrysaor decided to follow Bhairyuu and see where his destination was going to be.

After, a bit of walking, Khrysaor looked up ahead and saw Hydra and a group of players just outside the safezone fighting what seemed like a two-headed flying snake, and Khrysaor looked at the monster for a moment with a deadpanned looked, and muttered, "Look at that his game has everything, seriously a molten rock monster, well thats interesting. Just WOW, I am speachless!" Deciding he wanted a in on some monster killing, he unsheathed his sword and snuck up beside Bhairyuu and greeted the group, "Hey guys. How's it going? Do you mind if I try my hand at the unusual species of a monster you seem to be fighting with."

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu nearly leapt out of his skin when he heard Khrysaor's voice so close to him, but luckily he was able to calm himself down just in time to notice that Hydra and the rest had engaged some sort of monstrosity in a battle just outside the safezone. He cast a sidelong, exasperated glance at Khrys and spoke

"Wow, Khrys...you sure do have an interesting way of bursting in on the scene...you nearly gave me an MI just now, you know that..."

After that, he too unsheathed his sword, the <<Embodiment of Apophis>> and asked Hydra, hoping his voice could reach hm over the din of the battle

"I would like to join the fight as well, @Hydra, if you and the others don't mind, that is. It would help me garner some much needed battle experience."

He then fell silent as he waited for Hydra to reply back with some sort of answer, either in the positive or the negative, but he hoped it would be the positive kind since he really did need battle experience before trying to fight mobs on his own later on down the line.

The gargantuan roared with anger as its health lowered trememendously from Hydra's previous attack, the damage more than half of its HP. "YoUu wilL SuFfErrr.. gReatly..." It moaned before calling out for assistance. Its melting arm moved to swing at Hydra, however, its current state made it stumble and miss, horribly. "Noooo..." It groaned.

Kotori saw that with just another hit like that from Hydra, the monster would be defeated. She was unable to do anything that would hurt it enough to slay it, but she should could still try. But her hands trembled slightly as she tried swinging and she missed her target, just barely. She moved back, trying to stay low again in case the monster attempted to attack her instead after.

ID# 71741                                                                                                                                                  

MD: 1

ID# 71742                                                                                                                                                  

BD: 3+4=4 (+1 ACC)

Monster's HP: 86/240 (10 Mit, 90 DMG)

[H:2] Kotori's HP: 150/240 (Energy 19/24)

[H:0] Sey's HP: 220/220

[H:2] Hydra's HP: 480/480

Edited by Kotori

The arrival of the other two would not be noticed by the snow-haired player, as he was too busy circling the being at the center. It seemed to take a heavy wound from that one sword art alone, showing how much damage can be inflicted with a sole skill alone. It was an interesting concept, no doubt. However, he must take his chance with it as well, seeing that it was about to take advantage of an opening since none of them were attacking at the time. So he'd make the attempt again, placing his spear up once again as he would dash forward, aiming for the throat of the being. However, he was not so lucky as it once again seemed to expect his movements and move its head out of the way to avoid him. This time however, it would retaliate by swinging one of the free limbs at him from behind. While it seemed like the strike would be successful, at the sacrifice for a bit of pain, he could avoid the damage to the health bar. So he'd force his body to fall over instead of land straight up, just barely ducking under the limb in the process. It did not take too long for him to get around the edge. Not a single bit of hate had been gathered, which was both fortunate and unfortunate at the same time.

Monster's HP: 86/240 (10 Mit, 90 DMG)

[H:2] Kotori's HP: 150/240 (Energy 19/24)

[H:0] Sey's HP: 220/220 (Energy: 18/22)

[H:2] Hydra's HP: 480/480

ID: 71745
BD: 4
MD: 3

@Kotori @Khrysaor @Bhairyuu @Hydra

Edited by Sey

A little preoccupied with trying to evade the attack of a molten monster that he had clearly annoyed, Hydra almost lost his balance above the active volcano the group was stood on top of. "Huh...?" The brunette turned around after narrowly avoiding a fall to his death only to be greeted by Khry and Bhairyuu, two friends of his. At first his expression was that of utter confusement, how long had they been here. The spearman listened to them for a moment talking about joining a fight and for a few seconds he had no clue what they were talking about. Hydra was a little light headed thanks to the high altitude and various gases in the climate. "Nice to see you both and yeah, that is fine." he realized coming back to his senses.

Turning back around to strike, the brunette noticed Kotori and Sey had both taken there second move against this molten beast which was now preparing for its third attack. Once again Hydra raised his weapon and sprinted towards it, although he lacked the previous opportunity to get in so close thanks to the one use of his charge skill. Instead he tried jumping as high as he could and finalized by bringing Lyrica's fang crashing down on the top of the enemy twelve times. With one final groan it seemed to be enough to kill whatever this thing was.

ID# 71746 results:

Battle: 5+1 (hit!)

Loot: 20

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = [12x9 = 108-10 = 98 DMG]

Monster's HP: 0/240 (10 Mit, 90 DMG) [Dead]

[H:2] Kotori's HP: 150/240 (Energy 19/24)

[H:0] Sey's HP: 220/220 (Energy 18/22)

[H:3] Hydra's HP: 480/480 (Energy 23/48) | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 1 ACC | 9 DMG (6+3)

Total Loot:

• 2 Materials (T1)
  • 400 col to Kotori, Sey and Hydra.

Edited by Hydra

Bhairyuu watched with great interest as Hydra fnally took down the behemoth molten rock monster and tried to commit the movements and such to memory so that he could possibly use that data later on sometime. Then he called out to Hydra and the rest of the players engaging that monster

"Congrats, guys. Good job taking down that monster. So  what are we going to do now? Search for another one...or perhaps explore the town a bit, take in the sights and such?"

He looked around trying to see if he could spot any interesting or atleast amusing places to visit and then started waiting for a response from the group in general, all the while wonderng if they had anything else planned and how he could fit into the overall scheme. While he waited, he pulled out a loaf of bread and a bottle of water from his inventroy and started munching on it because he had not had anything else in the way of refreshments since breakfast, so needless to say he was more than a little bit hungry. As he ate, he studied the new faces in the group in an attempt to glean some info about them without actually asking them about it outright.

Edited by Bhairyuu

Khrysaor had pouted at seeing his next prey getting pulverized by Hydra, and pointed to him and fake whined like a child, "Hey, that was my kill, you cheated. Why did you have to go take all the fun away?" Khrysaor slowly re sheathed his sword and despondently looked to the ground and was crying anime tears before he instantly cheered up and asked, "So, now what's the plan guys. This is my first time up on this floor and was wondering if there was anything interesting to do."

Then he noticed that he did not know who the other two players were, he had never seen them around, and decided to start by waving to them in greeting and happily said, "Hi there, my name is Khrysaor. Its nice meeting you guys, what are your names." He then pointed his thumb at Hydra, and continued jokingly, "I hope my friend here hasn't been boring you out of your minds, he can be quite dull at times. If you guys want to do some exciting things you should instead join up with me." and Khrysaor laughed a little.

(OOC: I think its @Kotori  turn, right?)

Kotori exhaled, a little relieved. The monster wasn't anything of worry, although it was a little jarring to lose almost half of her health in one hit. Her hand jittered back and forth as she, with difficulty, despawned her dagger. Her eyes glanced all around, searching for any sort of movement. The monster had asked for help, but she wasn't sure if that meant anything. 

She shied away from being in Bhairyuu's eye-sight, a little bit wary of being stared at. Kotori was contemplating outright leaving the floor for the lower ones, maybe floor 4. Every single crackle, bubble popping and groan made her glance in that direction, becoming a little tense. This wasn't for her, she should've left and come back when she had gained levels and became slightly stronger. "No, he hasn't.."

Two more players were on the scene, which was something he had not seen coming until he collected the loot with a proud smile on his face. As he obtained the Col, he would smile happily before then addressing the both of them. "Hello there. You guys seem to know Hydra, eh?" Sey would ask, noticing their behavior and how they were speaking to the player with the orange crystal. The thing was, they also had green crystals. That did not quite mean anything when it came to innocence, it just  that they did not get their hands dirty with the blood of another player. But they seemed chill as of right now, so why not go along with it? If more arrive with the knowledge of Hydra, then things might get a bit risky, since the numbers were already against the favor of them. However, they did help with loot... and what was there to gain from those of lower levels? "Eh, call me Sey. Nice to meet you both. As for what to do now, five against mobs should be plenty to live. Though... A treasure chest was on his mind. They've been outside of the safe zone for long enough and all. It would just make sense, right?

@Kotori @Hydra @Khrysaor @Bhairyuu

Hydra blinked, then blinked a few more times. Before completely zoning out and murmuring the word. "Dull?" As though he had never been insulted before. After a few moments he was back to his cheery self. "Haha sorry, I got a little carried away." The spearman said scratching the back of his head and glancing over to the shattered crystal corpse of the monster. The important thing was that everyone was alive.

The brunette then turned to Bhairyuu first "We all worked well together! Oh and I don't mind what we do, although im not all that comfortable being stood above an active volcano." Even now Hydra couldn't force himself to take a peek at the bottomless trench of death beneath his feet. The thought made him quiver a little. Looking up instead he noticed that the sky seemed to be darkening slightly. The spearman just let out a yawn reinforcing Khry's earlier statement about him being slightly dull and then took a seat to join Bhariyuu in munching some rations, letting them get on with introducing themselves to Kotori and Sey.