(F7-NK-PP) The Beat Down

Hakai frowned and ran a hand through her hair, waiting for Beatbox to show up. She hoped that they would be able to find a dungeon this time around, although the main purpose of this expedition was to earn some col. She certainly would need it for information once the new unique skills popped up. They had all but disappeared, or so it seemed. Those who had them certainly seemed to keep to themselves or be in hiding. She glanced around. She was outside of the settlement, leaning against a tree. She never felt safe being outside of a safe zone, but that just made everything that much better. Things always seemed more exciting when your life was on the line. She dropped her hand to her side, pulling out two more katanas and starting to juggle them in the air in front of her. She was surprisingly good at it, despite not having practiced too much. She stopped herself quickly though, before she accidentally activated blight or envenom on her by grabbing a blade. She put the extra two katanas back into her inventory.

Edited by Hakai

Beatbox yawned, today was the day Hakai wanted to take him out to a dungeon or something to test their synergy with each other, however he was trying to get some sleep around this time and he didn't want to disappoint Hakai at all. He had a smile on his face as this would be the last day that he would wear his old equipment as he was still waiting for Aereth to finish his new set of armor and new look. Without much time he found himself near Hakai and he spotted her, he giggled and walked towards her and wrapped an arm around her and said "Hey there beautiful, you come here often?" then laughed before looking at her with a smile and said "Hey Hakai. How've you been? I've finally done the deed, I am green once more.". He looked outwards towards the distance and scratched the back of his neck stating "So uh... we're gonna go out to a dungeon or somethin'? I need some more EXP anyways so... ya got me at a good time Hakai." he giggled.

@Hakai

She nudged him with her elbow as he wrapped his arm around her. "Sorry, but im taken. Some wierdo named Beatbox." She said before turning to face him and giving him a hug to show him that she was joking before breaking away. "Good job. Personally i'm going to stay orange for while longer when i eventually turn. Its only a matter of time before someone crosses me, and i dont want to waste Redemption if i might have to kill again." She explained. She looked him over. He looked better than he had before, and she was glad of that. Maybe he was accepting himself fully now. "I was planning to do some col grinding. I'm gonna need it for the rumor broker when they eventually get new information. We both want uniques, so we both need to be as prepared as we can be. We're already pretty strong, but its not nearly enough at this point." She stated seriously, ignoring his jesting. She didn't mind it as long as it didn't impact their fighting prowess or strategic abilities. "I dont know whats best to fight around here for money, probably wolves or something. Maybe demon mountain goats or something."

"Some weirdo huh? That's the level I am at now then hun?" he giggled and hugged back before she had broke off from the hug, he grinned as he heard that she wanted to stay Orange if the time had come, he spoke out with putting his hands on her shoulders "Well, when that time comes just know I'll always be here to come by your side if you need it. ...but, just be a little careful. There's a player out there thats huntin' down orange players... she never found me while I was orange... but if I kept it up, she would have known. Opal, that god damn betrayer of the Knights of the Blood.." he growled a bit before calming down a bit. He cheered up when she needed to get some more col to get a unique and Beatbox had spoken out and said "Well, I have been working towards that goal for a while now. I have almost a hundred thousand and it mostly just came from... well, a friend and grinding off groups of mob's at once. Mob's are a joke once you get used to fighting them." he said with a giggle.

@Hakai

"Opal?" She said in a questioning tone. She knew about her, but she found it funny that the woman was supposedly hunting orange players. "Wow, thats a bit of a change for her. Not that i blame her. There are those of us who have an itch to scratch, but she probably cant help but scratch hers." She stated, trusting that Beatbox would understand what she meant. She wrapped an arm around her shoulder and smirked. "I'll protect you as best I can if it ever comes to it. As long as you never resign yourself to defeat or death i'll do my best to be there for you." She said seriously, despite the smirk. She motioned ahead of them, letting her arm fall to her side. "We ought to get started on the mobs." She said, starting to walk further into the mountains. "You know of any good spots? Seeing as your the expert I would guess that you know all of them."

"Wait... you know of Opal?" he said after her stating her statement, he had no idea what she had meant by that, but maybe if he would ponder upon it... he would, he shook his head trying to think. He looked over as she had wrapped an arm around him stating her words to comfort Beatbox, Beatbox shook his head and grabbed her shoulders with a serious look "And I will stay by your side too but, what we're to happen if she picked one of us off when we least expect it? How will one of us act then? What if one us where to perish without one knowing?" he shook her a bit, "Hakai, I love you. I hope you know this. I truly, truly do. But I don't want you or me to die by that betrayer." he said shaking his head before looking away angered at himself "what am I even talking about... we'll be fine... I know a spot... over here." he said with a monotone voice as he had lead her to a group of mob's, Beatbox without a second thought he cut up the boars while they couldn't do anything back... their attempts to attack Beatbox had failed, He looked back towards Hakai and said "your turn now, cut em up.."

@Hakai

-----

ID: 71863 - BD: 6+3=9 (noncritical) - MD: 3-3=1

Sword Art Used: Shadow Explosion (Damage: 14*9=126)

Beatbox: 755/755 / 56/74 [-18 Energy]

Hakai: 640/640 / 64/64

Boarx4: 254/380 [-126 HP]

ID# 71900 results:

Battle: 9= 16x9= 144 DMG +Blight and Envenom

MOB: 5 (Miss)

Hakai raised an eyebrow. "She's a player killer herself, thats really what i meant by a change. I suppose it isnt that much of a change going from killing players to player killers. She probably just gets an urge to kill that she cant help. Like a hunger." She explained. She did her best to ignore his profession of love, not really understanding it just as he didn't understand the hunger. "Dont worry about it." She said with a smile. "Come on, cheer up. Your boring when you get depressed." She unsheathed her katana and rushed at the boars that he had damage, slicing her katana through them a few times before retreating to whisper in Beat's ear. "Weak. You would know something about killing the weak though." She whispered, her lips brushing against his ear before she withdrew as though she hadn't said anything of consequence.

Beatbox: 755/755 / 56/74

Hakai: 640/640 / 46/64

Boarx4: 70/380 [-144 HP -40 DOT] [Blight: 1/2] [Envenom: 3/4]

Edited by Hakai

"Don't you torment me." he growled as she had whispered into his ear "I only killed Sierra out of anger, and I have been working on it." he said as he shook his head and lunged forward towards the boars dodging their attempts to attack Beatbox and cut them all down and killed all of them, not col was dropped... just a few measly pieces of tier 1 materials. Beatbox growled and took a seat on one of the rocks that we're nearby and looked to the side grumpy like a child that had been defeated. "Why must you always torment me about that?" he sighed "I am just being too worried about things I suppose, I am not as cold hearted as you are. All I want is some sort of feeling back, I just feel like you are just treating me like an asset rewarding me with a little hug at the end of it." he looked over.

@Hakai

-----

ID: 71863 - BD: 7+3=10 (noncritical) - MD: 4-3=1 - LD: 7

Sword Art Used: Shadow Explosion (Damage: 14*9=126)

Beatbox: 755/755 / 39/74 [+1 Energy / -18 Energy]

Hakai: 640/640 / 46/64

Boarx4: 0/380 [-126 HP] <<Dead>>

Loot: 4 T1 Materials

Hakai let out a laugh at Beat's reply to her whispering. "Don't work on it, embrace it. I like your monster, and since it's a part of you, i like you. So dont think i dont feel anything for you. Its just that your hiding away a piece of yourself and trying to change it, when in reality, you can't. Its a core part of you. So maybe my feelings arent as strong as yours, but they are there. Sort of." She stated, sheathing her katana in a fluid movement. "You arent complete, which is why i cant come to a conclusion as to how i feel about you." She smiled and placed a hand on the pommel of her katana. "Sierra was an asset, which is why it wasnt too big of a deal that she's dead now. Your more than that to me." She explained. She didn't love him or anything, but she felt like she might be able to come to something close to that in time, if he embraced the darker side of him rather than wasting time attempting to cure it.

Beatbox had continued to look over to the side "I know it is Hakai. But I can't be a monster 24/7 in front of everybody, its just not me and I hope you realize this." he crossed his arms and looked back towards her "And I know you looked at her to just be an asset, but to me she really cared about you. She was upset at me because she thought I was some guy that tried to steal you away from her. And essentially now I kind of am, wouldn't you think?" he said with a growl, he didn't want things to turn out this way... heck, he was still contemplating if getting a unique was even still worth it at the given moment. "And I think you kind of just say that, because I have given my effort to care about you in which I have found my efforts, I think there's a beautiful girl inside you Hakai. But you haven't done the same to me, hell I am sure you wouldn't care if I died the next day or in the next boss raid would you Hakai?" he growled.

@Hakai

Hakai cocked her head to the side. “I think you misunderstand me. I don’t think you’re a monster. But you have a dark side of you that seem to want to get rid of, despite it being a part of you. That’s the biggest sin of all.” She frowned as she spoke. “No one can steal me away. I make my own decisions, so if im with you it’s because I want to be. So don’t accuse me of not caring about you at all. Sierra was the one who cheated on me. She literally went and sold her body to two other guys without even thinking about me. And then she just disappeared. So anything that you might want to say about me and her is a moot point.” She turned away from him as she thought before speaking. “Your expectations are so incredibly low that you can’t even see how differently I treat you from others. I suppose that compared to what I feel for others, I feel strongly for you. And although I don’t really care about others, that should mean something to you. I’m not normal, so don’t act like I should be.”

Beatbox didn't think this far, he misunderstood on what she had said to him, he sighed and continued to listen to her words, he didn't want to interrupt anything that she says. He didn't think about it that way... he thought about what Sierra had done, he couldn't believe it... but he believed Hakai. Hakai told him that she wouldn't lie to him, so the words she had said... we're true. Hakai had finished speaking and Beatbox swallowed the saliva that was inside him and he took a deep breath. He looked down upon himself, was this his future here? He shook his head, he wanted to be a good person, he wanted to see Hakai grow to the true person thats inside her because he knows that theres a whole nother person inside that cold exterior of hers. He didn't want to cry, he needed to accept everything as it were... he looked back up away from Hakai and said with a monotone voice "Okay... I'm sorry..." he said as he grabbed his sword and stood up to walk forward towards a group of Boars that lied ahead.

She sighed, realizing that she had upset him with her words. Maybe she had gone a bit too far. She didn't know, she wasn't used to speaking her mind and how she really felt about other things. She usually just spun some lies and told people what they wanted to hear. She ran towards Beat who had gotten a bit ahead and gave him a hug from behind. "Dont be sad. Stay your usual self." She released him from the hug, mentally punching herself. What was she doing messing with something that she didn't understand? She didn't like not understanding things, and usually her own feelings were the things that she had completely under control if not anything else. It was true that she didn't really care about most people or things other than a for a thrill or some excitement, but she truly wanted Beat to be happy. Well, that or angry. She just didn't want him to be sad.

Beatbox giggled and he spoke up as she had hugged him "I knew there was something inside you that cared just a tad bit for me." he smiled and looked forward with a determined smile to see if he could manage that one day he could fully see the day where she would finally expose that female he knows thats inside her. "I'm not upset, I understand what you are trying to tell me Hakai. And one of these days, this monster inside me." he chuckled and he turned around and pinched her cheek "Will soon be a part of me, making me the person that we both know will become one with me. So don't punch yourself about only speaking the truth to me alright? I'll get over it eventually, I see that Sierra had done bad, I see she had betrayed you without the slightest thought. Heck, I am sure if I didn't kill her... you'd probably end up doing so, so its all good." he chuckled and unsheathed his sword once more, "so come on, lets go slaughter some more boars eh?" he smiled.

@Hakai

ID# 71940 results:

Battle: 4 Miss

“You’re a funny one. Its already a part of you. Maybe someday you’ll accept that though. You aren’t just going to wake up one day and be an angry murderer. You cant have the good without the bad, just like you cant have the bad without the good. So in a way maybe I do have a nice person inside of me. Maybe it was that person that made me forgive Sierra, even though I never had the chance to tell her in person.” She stated before turning away from him with a smile, glad that he was back to being cheery. She raised her katana and walked at the boars, slashing her katana at them but missing as they dodged with uncanny speed for their size. “Hmm. I should get some accuracy for hunting like this. I don’t really need my evasion or mitigation for this sort of thing.” She commented, taking a step back to let Beatbox get his attack in. She really wished that she could have more than three equipment slots. She adjusted her blue cloak, quite thankful for the fact that it didn’t take an equipment slot despite the fact that it had an enhancement. This was probably one of the best rewards she’d ever gotten for a quest or event.

Beatbox: 755/755 / 74/74 

Hakai: 640/640 / 63/64

Boarx4: 380/380

Edited by Hakai

Beatbox smiled at her response and they moved forward into battle to fight against some more boars in hopes to get more col and materials. He grinned that Hakai had missed her attack, but we all miss from time to time. Beatbox had looked over with a smile and said to her "Accuracy is good to have and all, but if you can't fit it in your build its almost not worth trying to be a glass cannon." he winked and looked forward at the four boars and they had attempted to strike against the player, it didn't take much effort to get out of the way of their attempts, and Beatbox had unleashed the sword art he had been preparing "Shadow Explosion" and critically hit all four of the boars. Beatbox smiled and looked back to Hakai and said "your turn." his sword glowed once more as he was about to strike against the boars one more time.

@Hakai

-----

ID: 71955 - BD: 10 - MD: 4-3=1

Sword Art Used: Shadow Explosion (14+2=16*9=144)

Beatbox: 755/755 - 56/74 [-18 EN]

Hakai: 640/640 - 63/64

Boar x4: 236/380 [-144 HP]

ID# 71957 results:

Battle: 7 Hit! 15x9= 135 DMG

Hakai nodded, agreeing with what he was saying. "Well, before all of my damage came from my status effects, so i never invested in any sort of accuracy. I might get precision next, but i'll have to think about that. I want to get some ranks of light armor and then acrobatics." She explained. "After I get that I might drop my evasion equipment and replace it with an accuracy trinket." She raised her katana again and rushed in, her katana slashing three times into the boars, reducing their health by a good bit. "One more hit should do it from either of us. Hopefully we'll get some col this time." She stepped back, seeing Beat's sword glowing as he prepared to activate a sword art. He had accuracy, so the odds were that he would hit. She hoped that they would get lucky with the loot drops at least. She wasnt great on luck, but maybe Beat was.

Beatbox: 755/755 - 56/74

Hakai: 640/640 - 64/64

Boar x4: 101/380 (-135)

Edited by Hakai

Beatbox smiled and said "My next build is going to keep me alive, I do not want to die in this world. Not especially when you're here." he said with determination, he had watched Hakai cut up the boars putting them in killing range... Beatbox smirked and unleashed his sword art critically hitting them, however the Boars had just enough time for them to hit the blonde haired player critically hitting them back. Sure... he managed to kill all of them, but he was struck for a lot of damage, the force of the impact had forced Beatbox to hit the ground with the thud, he had taken a lot of damage from that attack, a little more than what he is comfortable with, he placed his hand behind his head and rubbed the back of his head saying "Geez... that was a bad one..." exclaiming in pain.

-----

ID: 71964 - BD: 9 - MD: 9

Sword Art Used: Shadow Explosion (14+1=15*9=135)

Beatbox: 559/755 - 39/74 [+1 EN / -18 EN / -196 HP]

Hakai: 640/640 - 59/64

Boar x4: 0/380 [-135 HP]

Damage: 61-12=49*4= 196

Loot: 8 T1 Materials - 7600 Col (Col Handed to @Hakai)

Hakai accepted the col and gave a nod to Beatbox. "It certainly didn't look all that comfortable. My next build... Well, lets just say that I create my build based on the special items I get." She said, twirling, her cloak swirling around her. If he couldn't catch the hint those boars had hit him a bit harder than she had thought. She sheathed her katana. She gave a sigh and decided to bring up what had been on her mind for a while. "So, the boss fight is tomorrow and i've decided that Im not going to go unless you do. I trust you and i trust myself to survive as long as im fighting next to you. If you arent going i'm not going to take that risk though." She explained. She reached out and gripped his hand, an emotionally charged action that seemed far out of character for her despite it's genuineness. "I think we should just give this up for today, especially if we're going to be joining in the fight."

Beatbox patted the dirt off of his head "It was just a lucky shot, my next build wont let them do something like this to me, I'll be picking up my new stuff before the next boss raid." he said before listening in, he gave her a smile and said "Well of course I am going to be joining the next boss raid, why wouldn't I? Its bad enough not many people didn't show up for the second meeting. The front lines needs as many players as they can get, plus I want to see how well we can actually flow together!" he chuckled before being surprised of her grabbing his hand, he didn't understand why she had done that but he wasn't going to complain about it. He smiled and told her "Well, I do not know where you are going to end up, but just recently I had gotten myself a home on floor 11, I'll be nice and ready before the boss battle tomorrow." he gave her a smirk and sheathed his sword with his other hand.

@Hakai