[PP-F1] Skills or Technique. Which is Superior? <Itzal, Aereth, Birdie>

Birdie felt an extreme sense of pride as her abilities were commended, followed briskly by a discontented look. She recalled the few times her weapon had clashed with another, each instance wielding the same result; her inability to parry the opposing attack. She glanced down to the wooden sword in her hands, inspecting its wide blade as Itzal pointed out the uniqueness of its shape. 'If it would mean I could deflect incoming attacks..'

"Thank you for the advice, I hadn't considered the possibility of another style of rapier. I can already see how beneficial it would be if Winterthorn were shaped like this.." She stood sideways and pointed the sword at nothing in particular, admiring its wide bevel and slim design. Looking back to Itzal, she continued. "If you wouldn't mind training me to use one, I'd be grateful. I'll head down to Macradon's shop to see what he can have made for me."

With that said, she turned to Aereth and smile. "Thanks for what you said just then- you didn't do half bad yourself, Ae."

• 2 weeks later...