(PP-F2) Breaking the Unbreakable (Beatbox)

Spoiler

Quest Description:

To start the quest, the player must first find the quest NPC that has taken residence in a hut near the summit of an exceptionally high mountain at the southern edge of the 2nd Floor. If the player accepts the quest, the NPC takes the player outside to a 2 meter-high rock with a diameter of about 1.5 meters and almost as tough as an Immortal Object. There, the NPC reveals that the player must split the rock into two using only their fists and then proceeds to paint whiskers with quick-drying paint on the player’s face, claiming that the whiskers cannot be removed until the rock is split. If the player does manage to split the rock, they are rewarded with the Extra Skill.

Quest Requirements:

At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)
Must destroy <<The Boulder>> using only your fists. Thus damage bonuses such as Athletics apply, but your weapon skill rank does not, nor can you use any sword arts.

Boulder Information:

The Boulder has 50 HP

Rewards:

Party Leader (Kasier) will be gifted the Extra Skill, <<Martial Arts>
1 Skill Point

Kasier sighed. It had been a while since she had operated on her own for a while. It seemed that she was always near Itzal and lately, the two has had a conflict that should be settled soon enough. It wasn't like the two to be fighting over something for too long. They loved each other in their hearts that that is how it shall be. Back to the point, she had been hanging out with the same group lately, a group that consists of Kasier, Itzal, Zandra, Beatbox, and Hakai. The players had gone material searching for ship parts and had managed to build the grandest ship, a feat that Kasier, to this date, found it hard to believe. This was talking about thousands of players searching for materials and yet, this particular party had come out on top and she was pleased with it. This was perhaps the first event that she had participated in since her activeness within this game and the results already was pleasing enough for her. Next up would be the actual combat - a chance to prove herself as a healer and a chance that she will not give up on. A sigh came from her chest and she soon remembered what her purpose was for coming out on such a fine day. It's time to complete <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> she thought to herself, making her way to the forest-land known as the second floor where the quest would take place. However, even with her new gauntlet that can be used to punch the rock, it will still be very tedious for her to stand there and punch the rock for a long time. Kasier smirked, looked into her HUD and sent a guild message to anyone who could receive them stating:

"I am seeking for the assistance of anyone who is capable of completing <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> in good time. I am currently nearly the teleport zone of the second floor. Once you reach the second floor, you should be able to find me immediately. Thank you. -Kasier"

@Beatbox

Edited by Kasier

Floor two, an odd floor for Beatbox to be walking on due to his level, but he didn't necessarily care. There was still good amounts of Col and Materials to get on this floor and he wanted to snag up some with ease. However while walking nearby he had received a message from someone that needed help, he opened the message and read who it was from... and it was... Kasier? "Well, she isn't much of a fighter anyways... and she'd be there forever trying to kill that boulder... and I haven't had time to privately speak with her about anything... kind of a perfect timing." he smiled and sent a message back:

To: @Kasier

Hey, I heard you need some help. 

I'll be on my way.

- Beatbox

He sent the message and had walked towards Kasier's location, his cape blew with the wind and he looked around... it's been a long time since he's been somewhere around here, its very nostalgic. He giggled and found Kasier who had been patiently waiting, he waved and said out "Hey there Kasier. I don't think we've ever gotten the time to privately meet each other." he smiled wondering how she would react to his new "calmed" down look. 

Kasier didn't really expect Beatbox to have been the person who responds to her message. It was true, she had barely known the man but she was glad that he was willing to help. In fact, she had actually thought that Itzal was going to immediately answer her message and was sort of relieved that he didn't. She needed a break from all the drama that was happening around her and this might be the opportunity to finally relax. However, knowing Kasier, she would never be relaxed in front of other people. She had picked up the habit of acting stern and professional in front of other people, trying to boost her professionalism and maybe along with her reputation as well. Perhaps it was a futile attempt but she didn't mind trying. Besides, she didn't really open up to people very easily anyway. Soon, Beatbox appeared in front of her. It seemed that he was already on this floor since he did not come out of the teleportation portal. "Fine morning indeed, Beatbox. And indeed, it is quite a regret that we have not communicated often with each other." Kasier said, already beginning with her faked rich tone and vocabulary. "What is your plan, should we go and get the boulder destroyed now or shall we wait a while? Do you have any boosts in unarmed damage?" Kasier asked, wanting to be aware of how much time approximately would need to be he poured into this task/quest. As she looked at the blonde man, she remembered that the last time that she had seen him, he had an orange marker. Now, it had returned to green. She will make sure to ask him about that later on.

@Beatbox

Beatbox smiled at her... professional response to him saying "Hello" heck, it was funny even, he kind of wondered how she even is still together with Itzal with the amount of unnecessary drama that he can start from time to time, heck... he hadn't been acting himself as of the lately. But Beatbox shook off those thoughts and said "Well, that's quite professional to say Kasier. I am quite impressed." he smiled and said "Plan? Theres a plan to take your fist and bang it against a rock? I didn't know that, we should be able to take down this boulder in no time, my familiar here Ocarina gives me my boost in damage, everything should be fine." he said with a smile as his familiar had barked from his shoulder in a manner that said "Nice to meet you!". He was surprised that she wasn't at all surprised at Beatbox's change in outfit nor his change in cursors... but none the less, he shouldn't worry too much, he needed some better accuracy for this though since it mainly came from his sword... and well, its not a good idea to swing a sword at a rock, he opened his inventory and began to switch some equips around. "So how's Itzal doin'? He's been acting very different nowadays and it kinda worries me that something may have happened to him." he asked with a grin.

@Kasier

-----

Unequipped: Blastia's Wind (-18 MIT / -2 EVA)

Equipped: Musical Note Pin (+3 ACC)

"I like to keep my professionalism from times that I'm not close to Itzal, if I can." Kasier responded to Beatbox's comment regarding her ability to speak semi-professionally. "And there can be a plan for everything. Plans are what keeps someone on track, like a goal. If you have a plan to follow, then everything will go smoothly and everything will go without troubles as long as you have planned it out properly. I guess I got that from Itzal." Kasier stated, realizing the impact that Itzal has had on her during their time as a couple. Kasier smiled when a familiar popped from somewhere and landed on Beatbox's shoulder. The familiar wasn't exactly what Kasier had expected someone like Beatbox to have. This familiar was a small, little orange fox with the tip of its tail pale white. The thing looked absolutely harmless, which it probably was like most of the familiars, if not all, within this advanced game. Of course, what Kasier thought of Beatbox so far was only based off of a few seconds of meeting each other so her idea of who Beatbox is was probably completely incorrect. As expected that my perception of him is incorrect. Kasier thought to herself. He seems quite calmer than the last time that I had met him. Maybe it's just me. "Itzal? Itzal's doing well, I suppose. There's been a tiny bit of conflict between him and I but that is not a matter which is fitting for me to bother you with. The problem should be solved in quick time, anyway." Kasier finished, beginning to walk towards the quest giver's location.

@Beatbox

"I still don't understand Kasier, I don't understand how you can deal with him at times. He royally ticks me off at times, he's called me dumb at times for throwing myself in front of mobs and bosses in which they never hit me anyways. He thinks about fights too much, either you're gonna fight or you're not... you have no in between's or time to think. I already know he wouldn't last in a boss raid." he said looking over speaking only the truth and what he had felt about Itzal, it seemed we all had a few issues with the guy. "I trust you Kasier. I trust that you'll fix Itzal with whatever problem is happening with him." he said after hearing her last statement as he looked over with a smile. "Anyways, but we're not here to talk about Itzal. I'm here to help you defeat this boulder. In which it shouldn't take long to defeat, it just depends if we hit the rock in the wrong part and hurt our knuckles." he chuckled "Anything you want to do after that is up to you, I don't mind." he said with a warm smile. 

@Kasier

"Knowing Itzal, one quest with me should be enough to cheer him up. Even if we have an argument, there is no way that it will stay more than a few days and maybe one week if it's that extreme. Itzal and I share a bond, besides, I've learned to cope with his negatives just as he has learned to cope with me, I'm sure that he has a harder job than I do so I appreciate him for it." Kasier stated simply before she remembered something crucial. "By the way, a couple of days ago, why did you have an orange marker? Who is it that you have killed?" Kasier asked. Just like Itzal, she believed in 'kill with appropriate reason' but an orange marker never does good in creating a good reputation for someone. There is something not to be trusted about these players, since they have committed a crime before, what says that they won't commit it again? However, even if she says that, the future is never certain. Perhaps one day she will have a dreaded orange marker over her head as well. For whatever purpose that might be. "Alright, the quest giver should be up on this mountain," Kasier said, stopping dead in her tracks as she arrived at the base of the mountain. "Let's go accept the quest and the destroy the boulder." Kasier exclaimed, beginning to walk up the mountain without a response. Kasier was a great conversation starter, although her methods of conversing can be questionable at times. This was one of those times... For she was sure that Beatbox's orange marker would be a sour subject for him since he had already rid of it. Still, she needed to know.

@Beatbox

Edited by Kasier

Beatbox had looked down with a grin, he was hoping that she wouldn't ask that question, it almost looked like tears formed in his eyes and he shook his head "Her name was Sierra... she had accused me of stealing someone away from her to begin with... she threatened to kill me... she pulled her sword out and threatened that she'd kill me, and I just lost it... I knew I couldn't get away even if I tried, I... just lost it... please, can we just move on? I don't like what I have done... I don't want to remember that I've done rightfully wrong... I know the sin's I had done, and I will never forgive myself for it..." he shook his head again. "I understand if you hate me... I understand if you cant forgive me, I understand if you want me out of the guild..." he said with a monotone voice, he tried his best not to cry but the tears did form on his eyes "Don't cry James... don't cry... don't cry..." he thought to himself fighting his own feelings.

@Kasier

"Sins can be forgiven. Since it seems like you didn't want that orange marker in the first place and had rushed to get rid of the orange marker. I applaud you for protecting yourself." Kasier said simply, not sure what was going on through the blonde man's mind when she asked that question. Perhaps she shouldn't have touched on that topic but it was something that was necessary, for player killing was serious matter and a grave matter depending on how one looks at it. Especially in a game where killing a player was literally murder, for the player dies permanently in real life as soon as they die within the game. It's not really the players' fault is it? It's all Kayaba's fault. She thought to herself, her red eyes glaring in front of her in defiance, which is why I will become a master of all builds and fill in for the players and become the best that I can be, for my guild, for Felix, and for every player in this game. Kasier sighed, walking up the hill and after a while, approached the quest giver.

Kasier listened carefully to the quest giver who was an old man. Well, at least, she tried to. What he said sounded like blah... blah... blah though since she had already been here and already accepted the quest once before from him. But that was when she was trying to help someone who had stopped the quest in the middle of it. Come to think of it, his name was Emblem I think. I wonder what happened to him. Kasier thought, shaking her head for it was not an important matter. For now, she must focus on getting this quest completed as quickly as possible. "Ok, let's get this quest completed." She said, walking to the location of the boulder from where she remembered it last after her face was drawn on by the NPC elder. "We can go grab lunch after this or something."

@Beatbox

Beatbox had took a deep breath, she had forgave him for the actions that he had performed, he smiled at the comment and shook off his thoughts and tears and said "Thanks Kasier..." he wiped the tears away using his sleeve and followed Kasier throughout the trail to the man for the quest, he dozed off during this time... he had already heard this whole speech once before and he mainly thought to himself during this time period, he mainly thought of the sins he had committed, but the dark thoughts would soon pass as he didn't expect to be forgiven so easily... maybe he was worrying about it just a tad bit too much. "O-Okay... Sound's good." he said tuning in to what Kasier had told him while getting the whiskers being painted on her face. He looked towards the boulder, he doesn't remember it taking him too much time, but he does remember hitting it wrong once and it sucked... he chuckled at the thought.

@Kasier

ID: 72059
BD: 7

Kasier remembered that she had bought an item that boosts her unarmed damage. However, she really didn't think it would be useful. In fact, she was too lazy to search through her inventory - which held way too much things for her to sort through - and she would rather go ahead and just start punching the boulder which now stood gallantly in front of her. She remembered that it took about half a day for her to punch this rock to half health with two other low-leveled players back before she had lost her precious innocence and back before she had met her true love. Those were times where days moved faster than she could watch it go and times where days moved past her aimlessly. There was no point for her existence back then but now, she had a purpose, she had a meaning in this world as the paladin of Celestial Ascendants and as a healer that will soon join the front lines, perhaps not this boss but the next one for sure. "Ok, let's get started on the punching then." With a silent jump, she charged at the boulder, smashing the hard rock and dealing a solid one damage. "Cool, your turn."

Boulder: 49/50

@Beatbox

Edited by Kasier

Beatbox sat back and watched Kasier punch the boulder with a silent jump, he found that cute in a way, but he looked at the boulder's HP and it lost 1 HP, he smiled as that is what he had expected from this, she didn't have a familiar to buff her damage nor she didn't have that much damage to begin with. He smiled and said "Allllrighty, now its time my punch." he chuckled before walking up to the boulder and punching the boulder square in the center of it dealing a fair bit of damage to the boulder, he didn't critically hit against it, but he still hit it and dealt a fair amount of damage. He looked towards Kasier and said "Oh. This shouldn't be too too hard now with our damage. We'll be able to deal with this in a fair amount of time." he gave her a wink and said "Your turn."

-----

ID: 72065 - BD: 3+3=6

Sword Art Used: Basic Punch-go! (1(base)+ 1(athletics)+ 6(familiar)=8*1=8)

Boulder: 41/50

ID: 72293
BD: 1

"Mhm, indeed. This boulder should not be very hard to destroy. After all, it seems that like do about six times more damage than I do." Kasier said, watching as the health of the boulder decreased as a result of Beatbox's punch. Still, it was not enough for the health points of the boulder still hung in the green zone. If it was a normal mob who had fifty health, Beatbox would probably be able to one-shot it. However, since the two were fighting a boulder which restricts the weapon that players can use against it, the two would have to grind it out slowly, not that it would take very long anyway, considering Beatbox's damage capability even without the use of a weapon. It was then that Beatbox winked at her unnecessarily that she would have to respond to the action. "Please refrain from ever doing that to me again. I do not like to be winked at in such a manner." Kasier stated simply, finding no need to make eye contact before charging forwards with her fist held high in the sky and striking the boulder dead in the center... Or at least she had thought that she did. However, she had, somehow, managed to miss the boulder completely, striking the dirt wall which held the boulder in place on the right side of it.

Boulder: 41/50

@Beatbox

Edited by Kasier

"Understood." he said in a knowing manner, he knew he probably shouldn't have as he was just trying to be nice, however some people don't find that to be a kind act "My sincere Apologies Kasier." he said before bowing before her showing forms of respect. He had watched Kasier attempt to hit the boulder square in the center, however somehow missing hitting the dirt wall, he wondered how you could potentially miss a object that is not moving, especially if you are dead close up to the boulder. Beatbox smirked and cracked his knuckles, it was his turn to hit against the boulder, he stood before the boulder and hit the boulder, critically hitting against it dealing an extra amount of damage, he watched before him the boulder's HP drop almost towards yellow after that one strike. He took a deep breath and looked back to Kasier "You're up." he said before backing away from the boulder.

@Kasier

-----

ID: 72295 - BD: 10

Sword Art Used: Basic Punch-go! (8+2=10*1=10)

Boulder: 31/50

ID: 72296
BD: 10

Kasier nodded. Perhaps she had been harsh with Beatbox's tiny action but what she didn't appreciate, she truly expresses it. That way, the people would know that she dislikes something that they are doing. If they refuse to change the way they act, she will simply ignore them. Sure, this method of asking people to do something might be harsh in the eyes of certain people but for if someone doesn't like someone else, why would he or she have to act to like them. This is the approach that she goes by in life, an approach that people often look down on her for. "By the way, not to be personal, anything going on between you and Hakai?" Kasier asked, raising her fist and charging forward with her fist which soon struck the boulder dead in the center, creating a critical hit which reduced the health of the boulder greatly. It should almost be yellow soon. She realized, her red eyes squinting as she looked at the health points of the boulder before walking back and allowing Beatbox his turn.

Boulder: 28/50

@Beatbox

Edited by Kasier

Beatbox didn't find anything harsh coming from Kasier, she was just direct and straight to the point... and Beatbox liked that, he didn't want any pity or people quietly lead up to that, just straight and to the point. Beatbox smiled and waited for Kasier's turn to strike, she had asked him the eventual question that he knew was going to be asked to him, he chuckled and said as she striked against the boulder "We do yes, we've gotten closer, or at least we've agreed to have each other to look forward to, even in dark and bad situations.", he saw that it was his turn next as he had saw that she had critically striked against the boulder, and in return... Beatbox had done the same... another critical hit. Beatbox looked up with a giggle and said "Well, if we keep critically striking against the boulder we'll be done in absolute no time." the boulder was finally yellow... that's a good sign.

@Kasier

-----

ID: 72297 - BD: 10 (wat.)

Sword Art Used: Basic Punch-go! (8+2=10*1=10)

Boulder: 18/50

ID: 72303
BD: 3

Kasier smiled. It seemed that either the man did not want to reveal their relationship so quick or she was just overthinking certain things. She had been sure that the two were in a relationship based on how they flirted with each other the last time that she was with them in the same place. She didn't know why she was thinking so much of it, since their relationship was nothing of her business. Kasier sighed, redirecting her attention back at the boulder that she was supposed to finish off before noon. However, at the pace that the two were going at the moment, it shouldn't take long at all for the boulder to be cracked and destroyed. Kasier flung forwards, her fist, once again, raising high in the air before she gained ground and momentum. In the end though, she had failed to land the strike. I guess this is what I get for being a healer who doesn't have any bit of damage or accuracy on her. She thought. Buuutt, being a healer does have its perks.

Boulder: 18/50

@Beatbox

Edited by Kasier

For some reason, it was weird to see Kasier smile... for being the female that she is, its kind of very... different to see, however he liked to see something like that, it showed that she actually had things to smile about instead of always believing things to be a drag. He watched as Kasier had attempted to strike against the boulder... she had unfortunately missed once more, he grinned and said "Well, I guess we can't be all fighters I suppose. Why'd you want to get Martial Arts in the first place?" he asked with curiosity as he stepped forward to the boulder and punched the boulder square in the center of the boulder bringing it down to skim-red level HP. Beatbox smiled at this, he was truely helping her out a lot and progressing this boulder to death a lot quicker than just being by her loan some.

@Kasier

-----

ID: 72306 - BD: 7+3=10 (Noncritical)

Sword Art Used: Basic Punch-go! (8*1=8)

Boulder: 10/50

ID: 72308
BD: 3

"It's not necessarily the martial arts aspect of it but rather the skill point aspect of it. I've been trying my hardest to finish off all the easier quests so I can hurry up and catch up to the front liners and then join them in an effort to break everyone from this game. Besides, eventually, I'm going to run out of skills to invest in so when that happens, why not invest in martial arts?" Kasier responded to his question. "Anyway, I see that you have leveled up quite a bit... A lot more than I have leveled up. Maybe it's because you have more damage to be able to kill mobs where I can only heal other players? But if you keep going like this, you'll probably eventually become the second best player in this game." She finished, knowing full well who the best player will be. Kasier smiled, charged forward and attempted yet another strike, only to fail a miserable fail when she missed the target completely. Great. She thought, rolling her eyes sarcastically as she walked back to her starting point.

Boulder: 10/50

@Beatbox

Edited by Kasier

Beatbox smiled, she was in it for the SP... Beatbox was honestly in it to get the best sword art possible for One Handed Straight Sword, it packs a real punch. "I see, I was honestly in it to get the best sword art for my sword, it packs a mean punch ya'know?" he chuckled, before opening his eyes to her comment on being the "second best player", he laughed and said "Second? Nah, there are plenty more players better than me, I mean look at Calrex, he's got one of the best unique in the game... practically invincible!" he laughed, "plus Itzal is far more better than me in some ways, all I know is to pull my sword out and deal damage. Thats about it..." he scratched the back of his head awkwardly laughing. He walked up to the boulder and used his concentration skill to be sure and struck the boulder bringing it's HP to a very low point... just one more attack from Beat and this boulder is pebbles.

@Kasier

-----

ID: 72310 - BD: 2+3+1=6 (Concentration Used.)

Sword Art Used: Basic Punch-go! (8*1=8)

Boulder: 2/50