[RGQ-F14-PP] The Tale of the Dawnbringer (pt.1)

"Darkness... everywhere." Hydra said, his words dissipating to the vastness of the floor which stretched out before him. The spearman was stood just outside the borders of the settlement called Stonewall. No, settlement wasn't quite the right word to describe it. A make-shift and disorganised camp matched what he saw better. Green cloaked soldiers were going about their business, most with a tired and weary expression from battle. They were fighting a losing war and thus Hydra had found himself upon the fourteenth waiting for his friend Khry to show up. Previously it would have been a normal day for Hydra, moping about and doing his best to gather some materials. Until he received a message from the previous Queen of Castle Black Watch herself. 

It read something along the lines of. "I hereby command you to travel to the fourteenth flour and aid me in my fight against the undead." A second messaged popped up after from the Cardinal. Whoever and whatever that was, it seemed Hydra had been randomly selected for this odd quest. He had seen Khry was also free for the next few days and that if he would want to come he would make good company. "The Dawnbringer... I wonder if the tale is really true." Hydra said with a mystical whisper looking over the quest details once more. He would fill his friend in once he had arrived.

Link to RGQ post: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/12980-rgqs/?do=findComment&comment=497869

Stats and equipment:

Spoiler

Hydra: 

HP - 500/500

Energy - 50/50

Mitigation - 25

Equipment for this thread:

- Fang of the Water Serpent (Perfect- 6 Damage) [Tier 2]

-  Daydreamer's Light (Perfect - 3 Evasion)

- Armor of the Water Serpent - (Perfect - 18 MIT, 9 Regen)

Skills:

- Rank 5 One handed spear

- Rank 1 Charge

- Rank 1 First Aid

- Rank 2 Heavy Armor (+7 MIT)

- Concentration

- Survival

- Meditation

@Khrysaor

Edited by Hydra

Khrysaor was in the middle of his afternoon nap under the shade of a tree on the first floor, not too long before he had been watching the clouds drift through the sky. He was suddenly jolted awake by an unsuspecting PM. He lazily fingered his menu and went to his PM's where he came across the new message, which to his surprise was sent by Hydra. He slowly skimmed through the message and wondered, 'Hmmm, I wonder what Hydra wants to talk about. Might as well go, I have nothing better to do and it might actually be interesting and its even on a floor I have never visited before. I wonder what the floor is like.'

Sending back a brief message back to Hydra that he was coming by shortly, and then he slowly stood up and dusted himself off. Before, walking in the direction of the teleportation gates. After, about ten minutes of walking he reached the gates and stepped up into the bright blue light. Once he was surrounded by the light he stated, "Teleport-Floor 14, Stonewall." and disappeared in a swirl of bluish-white light. Reappearing a moment later on the dark floor of 14, and he slowly stepped on to the floor all the while looking around at his new surroundings.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Khrysaor: 

HP - 480/480

Energy - 48/48

Equipment for this thread (all tier 1):

- Silver Scimitar (Perfect - 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

- Steely Plate (Perfect - 2 MIT, 1 Regen)

- Night's Fall - (Perfect - 2 Thorns, 1 RGN)

Skills:

- Rank 3 One handed Curved Sword

- Rank 4 Block

- Concentration

- Survival

@Hydra

Hydra was ready and waiting for Khry to appear. "Hey there." He said greeting his friend with a smile, although there was a weary tired look on his face. The young adventurer approached his friend and began filling him in on the details. "I don't know why I was asked to do this specifically but the rewards seem good enough. Anyway the commander of this place wants us to track down the broken fragments of a legendary sword known as the Dawnbringer." The spearman paused to take a breath.

"It us to help them fight back against the undead and claim Castle Blackwatch, or whatever it is called... We need to find the hilt, the blade, the gemstone and the pommel of the sword. Once all pieces have been collected we are to return them to the commander to have the Dawnbringer reforged." Hydra finished reading off the quest description and let out a breath of air. His throat was parch despite a storm lingering above them. Apparently it never rained in this place. Glancing back at Khry Hydra shrugged "Well I don't really know where to start looking, but this floor certainly looks dangerous..."

@Khrysaor

Khrysaor stepped out of the teleportation gate and observed his surroundings. He was surprised by how desolate, and dark this place seemed to be. He started to compile a small layout of the land in his head. He looked around at the settlement, and wondered, 'Damn, this place does not look like a settlement at all. It is just a bunch of tents piled up across the land, with the NPC's all wearing a soldier like attire. This place gives me the hi bey-jibeys, and has such a eerie aura to it.'

Khrysaor was planning to look around the area for another couple of minutes but was stopped by a voice calling out to him. He turned in it's direction and saw Hydra making his way up to his position. "Hey, man. Hows it going? Are you feeling alright, because seriously you look like you went through the grinder." Then Khrysaor listened to Hydra's explanation of why we were up here and what the quest was about. He thought, 'Wow, now this seems interesting. Its not like one of those normal quests. First we need to go looking for some pieces of a ancient sword and then take back a castle into our control.'

As Hydra mentioned the castle, Khrysaor squinted his eyes to see farther into the distance where he could make out a small dark castle outline in the distance. He said excitedly as he pointed towards the dark and eerie castle, "So, let me get this straight, first we will need to hunt for these parts for the sword, which we bring to a forger to reforge the sword, and then we fight the undead army to take back control of that castle. Sounds like my kind of quest, but you are certainly right it is bound to be quite dangerous... thats why we should make sure we have everything we need before we set out." 

@Hydra

"Yeah that seems about right." Hydra said, he noticed Khry glancing off somewhere in the distance. It seemed he had discovered Castle Blackwatch. Even from this distance the faded outline looked perfectly suited to the floor itself. "The problem is where we start. This place is covered in ravines, gorges and apparently mountains that non have ever managed to climb." Turning his head slightly the brunette raised his finger and pointed at one mountain that was even clearer compared to the others. It's jagged peak reached into the sky it was truly intimidating. "I call that one the 'Mad King's Crown.' I think we could start searching in that general area." Hydra half sighed and half laughed thinking upon the other things he could be doing at this point in time than going on a wild goose chase for a sword. "Oh well." He mumbled. "So you reckon we should start there." Hydra said once more turning to his friend. "Oh and thanks to that new equipment you have been crafting for me I feel more than ready."

@Khrysaor

Khrysaor had looked to the area that Hydra mentioned. His eyes scaled the behemoth of a mountain up to its jagged peak and said with a slight shaky voice, "Umm... yea.. sounds good, what did you call it, 'The Mad King's Crown'... very apt name. I guess it is our best chance who knows we might even get lucky and find something on our first try. Seriously, have a look at the size of this floor, I truly wonder how we can find these pieces of the sword, it will like looking for a needle in a haystack."

After, Khrysaor said that he started to lead the way to the mountain, and when they got to the base of the mountain, Khrysaor turned to face @Hydra and said, "I think it might be best to try looking for parts of that sword you mentioned around here first before we try to scale up this mountain." His eyes were roaming the ground looking for any signs of a part of a sword.

He noticed a gleam out of the corner of his eye and saw something that looked like a hilt of a blade sticking out from the ground. He shouted, "Oh look at this. This might be what we are looking for." but when he went tot he hilt and tried to pull it out. It wouldn't budge, he tried a few more times. Before, he was thrown back by the force of the pull, bringing out the hilt with him. He looked to hilt and frowned when he noticed the rusted and cracked blade of the sword that was attached to it. He sighed and threw the useless blade away and said from where he sat on the ground, "Sorry, false alarm." \

ID# 72891

LD: 4 (Nothing)

Edited by Khrysaor

They reached the mountain with a good pace, although the fog hung deep around there feet which concerned Hydra a little. With all the crevasses that could have been scatteredd around, it'd be easy for one to fall. Upon arriving Khry seemed to spot the hilt of the blade buried deep within the mountain. For a moment it looked promising, a rogue hilt sticking out some soil, what else could it be other than a part to the dawnbreaker? Unfortunately as the fog began to thin Hydra could make out a graveyard with a variety of shattered weapons everywhere. "A great battle must have occured here." Hydra thought to himself. Glancing around he could make out skeletal bodies strewn across the floor something caught his eye however.

"Hey Khry over here." Hydra called out. A large statue of what Hydra assumed was a grave or some sort of monument had something cupped in it's hands. Climbing up as swiftly as possible Hydra took the object from th statue's hands. "By the Gods!" Hydra said laughing as he pulled a perfectly clean silver hilt embedded with a golden intricate design. "This has to be the hilt of the sword."

ID# 72900 results:

Loot: 20 (1/4 Parts of the dawnbreaker found)

@Khrysaor

Edited by Hydra

Khrysaor had watched from where he sat as Hydra navigated the mist, and found his way to large graveyard. On to of the largest headstone was the hilt of the sword they were looking for. Khrysaor stood up and navigated through all the bones and items strewn across the battlefield and got closer to Hydra, looking interested in the hilt of the Dawnbringer, and said, "So, this must be it. If this is only the hilt I truly wonder how the rest of the sword will look when it is combined. Since, it is legendary it must be fantastic to wield, especially under a true swordsman."

Since, the hilt was found he started to look for another good area where they might be able to find another piece of the sword. Khrysaor then went to one of the crevasses that Hydra stumbled upon and looked over at the large canyon. 'I wonder it seems like a good place where we should find another piece.' was thinking Khrysaor. Khrysaor then turned back to Hydra and said while pointing at the canyon, "I am sure we will find another piece of the sword if we find a way down there into the canyon. Want to try finding some way to access the canyon." As Khrysaor tried looking for some type of stones steps to help him go down, while he waited for Hydras response.

@Hydra

"Mmm, unfortunately I use a spear. So I probably won't be of any use with this weapon. We will have to wait and see." Hydra said glancing over the hilt once more, dazzled by it's beauty. At that point Khry noticed a crevasse, Hydra took note that the fog thickened the deeper it got however the graveyard came to an end thankfully. The brunette wasn't looking to battle anything 'undead' for the time being.

As the pair approached the eerie landmark Khry had certainly found something special. The steep jagged walls were marked with intricate patterns and shapes, meaning they hadn't stumbled across anything ordinary. Hydra peered as far as he could into the abyss of fog. Somewhere up ahead he could make out the slightest light. "I think I see something." He mumbled to Khrysaor, as the two grew closer it turned out to be yet another piece of the dawnbreaker. This time the gemstone, a bright beacon of hope illuminating this dull place.

ID# 73600 results:

Loot: 19 (2/4 parts of the dawnbreaker found)

@Khrysaor

Edited by Hydra

Khrysaor had been amazed at the gem and its illumination that Hydra happened to find for them. He thought, 'Man, get it together I have to at least find something. I can't let Hydra do all the work.' At least he helped point the way to the gem, but he want to find a piece of the sword too. He looked around for another good spot for where a piece of the legendary sword could have flown off to.

After, a bit of walking he spotted a entrance to a cave hidden amongst some of the dead shrubs and bushed just at the base of the 'Mad King's Crown' and decided to venture in and see if he could spot anything worthwhile. As he went deeper into the eerie cave he tried to look for any signs of a sword and then suddenly just remembered something. He face palmed, and muttered, "Why didn't I think of it sooner, how idiotic can I be that I forgot to equip some of my loot gathering equipment."

He went to his menu and unequipped his shield and armor, making him feel suddenly vulnerable especially because of the danger level of the floor, but he knew Hydra had his back. So, he equipped his Rainbow Stone, and Generic Plushie MK. 0, which hooked onto the hilt of his sword, and knew now he would have a much better chance at finding what he should be looking for. He turned to Hydra and said, "Oh, yea this Rainbow Stone you gave me has worked some wonders for me on my journey, thanks for it. Hopefully it helps us find or next piece of the puzzle. The sooner the better." He shivered thinking that he did not feel like staying on the level any more time than necessary.

After, another few minutes of searching he sighed, as he sighed he tilted his head upwards and lo' and behold he saw the shining silver and gold blade embedded to the ceiling of the cave. "Well hello there, how did you get stuck all the way up there." said Khrysaor with a small chuckle. He had to jump a few times before he could get a good grasp on it especially since there was no hilt to it. To get a good grip on it he had to cut himself a little on the blade causing his hands to get a few cuts and lowered his HP a bit but not too noticeable. It took a few seconds but with his weight, he was able to free the blade and landed on his feet.

As he examined the blade he could hear some cracking and rumbling noises and suddenly snapped his head to the ceiling as he saw the crack from where the blade was growing fast and heading towards the entrance to the cave where the cracks multiplied and grew larger causing the ceiling to collapse over the exit out of the cave, and trapping both Hydra and Khrysaor now in a pitch black cave decreasing their vision even more, and all a sheepish Khrysaor could say was, "Oops, What a predicament we have gotten ourselves into. My bad."

@Hydra

Rainbow Stone: +1 LD

Generic Plushie MK. 0; +2 LD

ID# 73609

LD; 12 + 3 = 15 (Found Blade)

3/4 parts of Dawnbringer found

With the Darkness enveloping the cave -1 to Evasion and Accuracy

Edited by Khrysaor

(OOC - These rolls xD)

Hydra hadn't been paying much attention, just bumbling along at his own pace when suddenly there was a huge cave in nearly killing the two player's in the process. The brunette let out a sigh of relief and turned to Khry, or at least where Khry's voice was coming from. "No worries... Oh and nice job finding the blade!" Hydra said his voice raising. Suddenly the spearman was struck with an idea, opening up his inventory he took out the illuminated gem from earlier. It's light wasn't the brightest but it provided enough for the young adventurer to at least make out the general surroundings.

The cave went deeper and it appeared there was no other way out. Hydra stood there for a moment, his face going a little pale. But after psyching himself up he casually moved deeper into the cave. "I think for the last piece of the sword we are going to need to kill some sort of being." He paused for a second trying to remember the quest description. The word undead rung a bell in his mind, it suited the theme of the floor as well. For now however the pair needed to focus on getting out.

@Khrysaor

• 1 month later...

(OOC: Now that i an free I should be on more regularly. @Hydra)

Khrysaor was surprised by the light that suddenly came out of no where and shined into his face. He looked towards the source and shot a small glare at Hydra who was holding up a small illuminating gem in his hands. Khrysaor thought that was a good idea and asked, "If you have an extra one of those gems could you lend me one as well, it would make traversing this cave much easier for the two of us if we had more light and we might be able to find a clue out of here that much faster."

While, he waited for Hydra to check his inventory for another gem light, he went to the entrance of the cave in and tried to see if there was a way that he could move the gathered stones out of the way and somehow make an exit out of the cave. He tried lifting one the rocks and tried pulling with all his might, but it just did not budge, and turned around facing Hydra again and said, "It looks like it will be too difficult to move these rocks out of the way, We will have to look for another way out of this cave."

"No problem, I will take a look." It didn't take to long before Hydra found Khrysaor one of the gems, tossing it to his friend he gave him a depressing smile. "Looks like we might be in here a while." Hydra's voice echoed throughout the cave, bouncing off the various walls. They already had three of the four parts needed for the Dawnbringer. Now it was just down to finding the last piece, alongside there way out of this place. Judging by the sound of it all though, the brunette guessed this cave was massive. "I wonder if we will find a dragon slumbering in here." He joked lightly, referencing the popular roleplaying game 'dungeons and dragons'. Still whether it be dragon or not, Hydra suspected they wouldn't be alone in this cave, especially thanks to the fact the rocks had caved in, just as they happened to walk inside. "To good to be true, or rather I should say to bad to be true." Hydra took in a deep breath of air and slowly made his way into the dark depths of the cave.

(OOC: Nice! ^^ @Khrysaor)