[PP-F1] Having Fun With Friends (Kat, Miaki, Edwyn, Elberus)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grinned happily when Luke caught a fish. "Great, luckily I brought some drinks and herbs with me, along with berries and spices!" I took a huge aluminum foil out and spread it along the pavement, albeit far from the fire. I flinched when I smelled in the dead fish, as I've always hated the smell. With a shaking hand, I quickly picked up the slimy fish and placed it onto the foil, wiping away the water with a napkin.

I cut into the fish's body with a knife and then spreaded some herbs, spices in and onto the fish, before wrapping the foil up and placing it into the fire. I then started cleaning my hands and knives at the nearby edge of the lake, washing the herbs and spices off clean.

"Aha! It smells delicious, I haven't eaten all Day. I was trying to save the rolls for an actual meal, this qualifies I think." Elberus used the drop down inventory to retrieve some Rolls he had in a wicker basket. "See Miaki." He smiled "I am of some use!" Elberus laughed.

This was probably one of the few easy moment he would have from here on out, so..It was best for everyone to enjoy it, after all there was no guarantee he'd see them all again. So the Young white haired male took a chance to take it all in, Luke struggling to catch more fish, Edwyn prodding the fire, Kat cheerfully cooking and Miaki being lost in some kind of thought, probably the same as Elberus himself.

Miaki watched Luke catch the single fish which he put down beside himself. Katharine took the fish and started cleaning it and prepping it to be cooked and eaten. When she was done Luke had yet to catch anything.

"Ok Luke... That was one. He said in a mocking, playful tone. Then then heard Elberus laugh about contributing. "Awesome. Thanks!"

"I've got something to contribute to the meal too, if y'all want some," Edywn said laughing as he got out his canteen. It was a pretty large canteen, much bigger than the normal one, and he unstoppered the top and took a swig as soon as he got it out. "Ahhhhhh, nothing like a little fire whiskey to start the night. What d'ya say? Anyone else game?" he asked the others.

((ooc: actually Edwyn was the one with the canteen of whiskey lol))

Edwyn laughed, "True that my friend," taking the canteen back from Luke then grinning as he caught another fish. "Well, there's four of us, and these are pretty decent size fish. I'd say maybe catch one more, and that should be good. Then we can split them up between all of us."

"I bet on 50 years." I deadpanned as I returned from the lake. I took out casket of fresh berries and a cutting board and started to chop up all of the berries. Once I was done, I scooped them out and served them in bowls. I took out my rosehip tea and heated it over the fire, as I set up the glasses.

I tooked the other fish and started to prepare it again, then wrapped it out in foil. I placed it into the fire and took out the previous one, now cooked all the way through. I gently unwrapped it, revealing a fish that was wrapped into with delicious herbs and spices It had a savoury aroma to it, making me nearly drool. I shook my head to snap myself out of my daze and left it to cool at the side.

"You should probably try and catch two so each of us have our own." Miaki face palmed himself and muttered loud enough for everyone to hear. "Of course by the time you have caught anything we'll have reached the 40th floor or something." He watched Kat open up the first wrapped fish and leaned in very closely."Oh that was a mistake to do. Now my taste buds are gonna start drooling." He spun around and yelled at the lake. "Grab onto that hook already you stupid fish!"

Elberus laughed at Miaki. "Miaki, you have to remain calm and serene, the fish can feel negative energy and avoid the bait watch and learn." Elberus sat down after casting his line and closed his eyes to wait, his breathing slow and controlled. After sometime had passed Elberus shouted out at the lake. "BAKA! Bite the damn line you stupid fish!" The silver haired male now flustered at the difficulty of fishing in this Lake. I mean who would make the biggest lake the highest difficulty to fish in, that was nonsense.

Miaki crossed his arms and watched Elberus sit and attempt to catch something. "Oh I see now." He said with thick sarcasm. "The key is to cuss out the fish til the take the bait." He lightly patted his forehead and walked towards the shoreline. "How foolish of me to not realize it." Miaki picked up a small stone and felt the weight of it in his hand. Holding the stone in the air, Miaki charged a sword art and threw the stone across the lake which skipped 9 times.

(For the sake of randomness, loot dice roll = number of times the stone skips.)

"Shut up you." Elberus frowned. "The Fish must not be biting much tonight, besides who doesn't like cussing at fish, it keeps it inter...." Elberus stopped when the rock had made a more thudding sound than it was previously, his eyes quickly looked out to the lake to see something bigger than a normal fish peek its head up. "Uh...Miaki..I think we should get ready." Elberus spoke quietly as the pond began a violent ripple towards all parts of the shore, it's origin was that of which the big fish had appeared.

Luke looked at the big fish and put his spear beside him, just in case. The big fish tugged on his line and he got pulled forward. "Damn... This is one big fish..." He muttered. He fought back, but was still getting pulled into the water. The fish pulled hard and Luke lost balance and fell over. He grabbed his spear and got pulled to the edge of the lake. He got back up and fought the fish until finally he pulled him out of the water, and onto land. Luke dropped the fishing rod and raised his spear, ready to fight.

Edwyn listened as the others chatted and joked about fishing, he just sat staring at the fire, occasionally prodding it to send sparks flying, he loved fire. Suddenly the others started saying something about a huge fish, which brought Ed out of his reverie. He watched, amused, as Luke struggled with the fish. It was turning into an interesting night indeed.