[F13:PP:NK] And then there were none. <<The Falling of Tagas>>

The lifeless thirteenth floor would act as the Lodestar’s training ground today. There was always a rumor he heard floating about among the NPCs whenever he was on this particular level. An angel was supposedly being housed within a chapel somewhere in this barren land. For one reason or another though no one actually knew where the building was.

Seul had little to no experience with searching for things as his skills were picked with more of a focus on combat. That was only one of the reasons why he posted an ad earlier that day to ask for help regarding the quest. He stood near the entrance of Angel’s Point which would act as the rendezvous spot waiting for the rest of the party to arrive. As far as he knew only a handful of people have actually seen the quest through to the end, indicating it was either going to be a difficult task or that most people weren’t as concerned with questing as others.

"This doesn't inspire much confidence.." Birdie stood before a broken grave, the nameplate worn and swamped with a layer of green moss. The thirteenth floor was practically brand new to her, save for a curious visit one evening a few months back. From what she was told, it was a barren land occupied by hundreds upon hundreds of headstones; an accurate depiction now that she'd seen it with her own eyes.

Her reasoning for being there was simple, a player happened to need aid in completing a quest and she just so happened to be in need of more skill points. What the quest entailed was beyond her, not many NPCs would blab any information about the chapel and players were even less keen to talk about it.

Approaching Angel's Point, she noted how the grass had changed from a dreary brown to lively green. It wouldn't deter her, though, as she spotted a silhouette in the distance and decided to follow it up. Holstering her weapon, she waved her hands in the air as a sign of a peace, ensuring there'd be no miscommunication of her intentions to the player.

"Hey," she started, slowing her walk to a snails pace. "I'm here for the quest.. are you the guy that asked for help?"

@Seul

"Mmm mm mm." Hydra hummed a tune to himself whilst glancing around at the dismal environment of the thirteenth floor, a nervous and weary expression on his face. The reason he had come here was because he had heard rumors of some sort of chapel which apparently was unseen by the eyes of many. A feeling of anxiety lingered in his heart, he was attending this quest with a party of green players. Something which he had not been accustomed to for a long time. Trying to shake the doubt away he slowly traversed the barren floor making his way to Angel's Point where the party was gathering.

Despite the constant feeling of death that lingered on this floor, Angel's Point certainly did give off an aura of hope and sanctuary. The fog grew thinner and the grass greener, with each step the spearman could feel his nerves calming. After a few more miles of walking he sighted a pair of players. He paused for a moment but quickly continued moving. Eventually within hearing distance he slowly raised his hand to greet them both and smiled nervously. "Hi, im here to help with the quest." Whilst one player he was completely unfamiliar to, Hydra thought he had seen the other one somewhere before. 

After what felt like ages of just standing around, two players did manage to show up in response to the ad. A blue-haired girl he had never met before alongside a boy he partied up with once before, though his name seemed to slip away the longer Seul looked at him. “I am and the name’s Seul by the way. Glad you two are willing to lend a hand.” He said with a smile. Glancing around was somewhat pointless as it didn’t look like anyone else was on the way, but he would wait anyway just to be sure.

“So… The quest. Right. All I was able to get out of the townsfolk was that our destination is a chapel called “The Final Astrea”. Some people have even seen the building first hand, but when I tried asking for directions I got nothing but shrugs and blank stares. Actually getting there seems to be half the battle. Also witnesses claimed to have seen an angel in the same vicinity as the chapel, but what that actually means for us I’m not too sure of.”

OOC - Sorry for the long wait.

Beatbox hadn't seen Seul in a long time, the last time he had seen Beatbox was back when he was orange that and still a fairly lower level, now it has been a while and Beatbox has grown as a person and a player, heck he's almost at level 40. Beatbox smiled to see that Seul needed some help with a quest he figured to talk it out and show he's become a much greater person, he called for his familiar and headed out in the direction in which he had spoke. Without much time, he found Seul... that and two others, Hydra and Birdie. Beatbox chuckled they were both someone he knew, but he never expected Birdie to hang around someone like Hydra. He smiled and walked towards the group with a wave saying "Yo, I heard ya' need some help with a quest Seul. You coulda just asked me and Hirru again' but I guess its nice to see new peeps. I hope ya can take me along." he said with a smile. He looked back to Hydra and said "Nice to see ya again Hydra, stayin' outta unnecessary trouble?" then looked back to Birdie and said to her "Hey there Birdie-bird, how's it been?"

@Seul @Birdie @Hydra

"An angel? Can't say I know much about those.. actually, nobody really seemed to know anything about this 'chapel' place." Of course she hadn't gone and asked around the entire thirteenth floor for information - merely a few select NPCs back in the main settlement actually - but it was interesting to note that nobody knew much about the quest. Before she could properly introduce herself, the final member of the party showed up fashionably late, and it was somebody she certainly hadn't expected to see again so soon.

"Living and breathing, so.. pretty good I guess." The woman found herself smiling, at least she'd know one person throughout the whole ordeal. She noted that all 4 players were present, and took it as a chance to introduce herself to the other two players. "So- hey everyone! My name's Birdie, it's nice to meet you all." She bowed politely towards Seul and the player whom Beatbox had revealed to be Hydra. The orange cursor had her on edge slightly; to calm the feeling, she rested a hand on the hilt of her weapon and tried to focus on the task at hand. "Do we at least know which direction we should be headed?" the scout asked.

"An angel?" Hydra pondered to himself for a moment upon listening to Seul's story. Likewise he hadn't really managed to uncover anything of value, only that he to had heard a few rumours that there was a chapel somewhere on this floor. "Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have any new information to add to the table." The spearman said scratching his cheek. It appeared he was the weakest here, however that oddly made him feel more comfortable. A voice suddenly came out not to far away. Hydra recognised this player, although he wasn't to well acquainted yet. "Haha of course." The spearman said in response to Beatbox, a slight smile on his face. "It's good to see you again."

Turning back to Seul and Birdie it appeared he was the last to introduce himself. "It is nice to meet you both, my name is Hydra. I hope I won't end up as hindrance." Hydra was still smiling as he finsihed his introduction, although he was a little embarrassed. 

• 3 weeks later...

He couldn't help but nervously scratch his arm as Beatbox joined the group. “I mean… I could have asked you both, but seeing as how I recently left the knights it might have been a little awkward.” For now he wanted to lie low and out of sight of his ex-guild members. It was inevitable that they'd be at the boss fights together, but such situations were something he'd need to live with if he wanted to stay on the frontlines.

As expected no one had anything to add regarding info for the quest. He wasn't about to let that stop them though. Turning to Birdie he gave her a smile while anticipating her reaction, if any. “No idea. If we walk around long enough we'll probably find it though. The floor has to end eventually so it’ll be like an adventure!” With that he looked out at the dead landscape, before pointing in a random direction. “Let's go that way first.” The suggestion barely had time to set in as he already started following his own lead with a steady walk.

@Birdie @Beatbox @Hydra

Edited by Seul
  • 2 weeks later...

Hydra scratched his head slightly confused, as Seul started leading the way in a totally random direction. Such a bold strategy was definitely worth noting, but the spearman felt a little helpless over the whole situation. Turning his head he glanced at Birdie and Beatbox. "I'm sure we will find it soon." Was what he wanted to say but no words came out, "How big even is this floor?" Hydra pondered turning back around, to reveal the vast landscape that spread out before him. The general appearance didn't help either, being void of practically all life, quite foggy and screaming danger at every step. In any case, Seul was right, the party had to start somewhere. Taking a breath and wiping away a few beads of sweat which had rolled down onto Hydra's cheek. The young spearman then proceeded to follow after Seul. "I wonder what equipment I should use." He began to mumble to himself flicking through his inventory, not that he had much choice anyway. Eventually, Hydra settled on his medium sized black shield, his spear and finally his luna light amulet that he had crafted not too long ago. The general darkness to the floor triggered its cosmetic effect instantly causing the eerie moonlit glow to surround his person. Hopefully, the others would follow.

'Walk senselessly and hope we find something?' Birdie summed up her interpretation of the plan in thought, before giving a gentle shrug of her shoulders. "It's the best plan we have, I suppose." At the very least, they knew to keep an eye out for holy grounds and a chapel of sorts; it was better than nothing.

In tow of Seul, Birdie swiped two fingers through the air to summon her menu, swiftly navigating to the equipment tab. In her haste to leave the workshop, she'd retrieved a few too many items from storage, leaving herself burdened by rings and pendants that were too low a tier to be of any use. Engaging the sort function, she separated items by tier and gauged her 'useful' equips, deciding what would be of most use for the quest ahead.

'Sword is a must,' the woman with blue hair reasoned, allowing the metal blade to remain by her hip. 'Accuracy for sure, and... armour wouldn't be a terrible idea either.' In light of this, she equipped an oval-shaped stone with yellow swirls carved into its surface, hanging loosely from her neck. The armour she wore remained the same also, given it was the only set appropriate for the calibre of combat that awaited them.

The woman dismissed her menu, giving a passing glance to Beatbox and Hydra before settling on Seul's figure up front. "So, this chapel, 'The Final Astrea'. Do we know anything else about it? How big it is, at least?"

Edited by Birdie

This quest was on Beatbox's to do list for the longest time... it was just because he wanted to increase his damage capabilities, he wanted to get more and more SP to become stronger and stronger to level 50 for when tier 3 was to come out. He nodded his head and took a deep breath, today was the day that they are to finally accomplish this quest once and for all, he stood with a determined look and smiled, he was a little disappointed that Seul had left the Knights of the Blood, but everyone has their own reasons on why they had left the Knights of the Blood, there isn't much that he could do about it, so he would have to just deal with it in all honesty. He looked from side to side and thought on how difficult this quest will actually be... sure he had gotten new skills and much better HP... but he was worried that he didn't have enough firepower to keep applying the pressure, he followed behind Seul all the way to the location in which they needed to be at.

@Seul

Writing...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Search Details

• LD of 20+ required to find the Chapel.
  • LD of 4 and below will spawn 4 floor level skeletons.

[ID: 74984 | LD: 4 (3 + 1) | Results... FAILED | Combat Engaged!]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stats:

Spoiler

Stats

955 HP

94 Energy

11/19 Base Damage

84 Mitigation

24 Holy Blessing

16 Flame Aura

10 Battle Healing

2 Recovery  

6 Picking

1 Search & Detect

Taunt Active

Equipment

Maiden's Kiss.......... // +2 Damage | +8 Holy Damage

Regret................. // +24 Holy Blessing | +2 Recovery

Manticore Mask.........  // +Taunt | +18 Flame Aura (Def) | +16 Flame Aura (Off) | +18 Mit

Skills

Two-Handed Straight Sword.| Rank 5

Picking...................| Rank 4

Light Armor...............| Rank 3

Search & Detect...........| Rank 1

Battle Healing............| Rank 1

Howl......................| No Ranks

Parry.....................| No Ranks

Extra Skills

Providence(Protector).....| Rank 2

Meditation................| Rank 0

Concentration.............| No Ranks