(SP-F4) Snow Place like Home

Jonathan smiled as he raised his weapon into the air. The spider was almost dead, now it was just up to waiting for the key moment for loot. Most monsters were a brighter hue when there was available loot. In fact, the last two spiders had appeared to be a bit brighter, and there skin was much shinier. He observed the spider closely, and it did not appear to be anything, so he waited silently. The spider began to advance on him and Jonathan stood with a smiled. He leapt to the side as the spider thrust its leg at his chest. Seconds after, he slid back to the right from another leg. Being on the floor the blond had no where to go and was eventually stabbed quickly. Jonathan winced, knowing that it was a consequence of not killing it right there, but Jonathan knew he wanted money a bit more.

Spoiler

73420 Forgoing Action MD:6 CD:4

Jonathan 490/700 <45/70> -100+30

Frostbite Spider 87/500 Health: 

Frostbite Spider Abilities

100 DMG, Freeze Immunity

Frost Bite

Upon MD:10 and CD:8+ FrostBite Spider freezes its target, and leaches 50 Health from its target

Webshot

Upon CD: 10+ Frostbite Spider shoots its web at its opponent, making them lose three evasion for the first turn, two evasion for the second and for one for the third. Has a five turn cool down and not activated when <<Frost Bite>> is activated. 

Venom

Upon MD:9 and CD:6+ The Frost Bite spider sprays venom at its target dealing 40 DMG Envenom for four turns

Frost

Upon MD:10 and CD:6 Frostbite Spider bites its target, freezing their blood. Deals full damage along with freeze.

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan stood rubbing the spot on his chest where the spider had struck him. It had hurt a bit, but it was worth to wait for the optimal moment for loot. He was here for the money, not to just hunt monsters. When he killed them, he wanted a good bit of money especially due to the fact that this guy had a bit more health. He took a strike to the soldier, but he smiled. He could injure this spider until the point where it had little health. Smiling the blond charged slashing at the spider, bringing it to only a small chunk of health left. He smiled and backed away, leaving the spider at a bit of health left. "You could start getting ready for loot any time soon. If you do not start, I will just decide that you do not drop anything and kill you here. You want your death to be meaningful right?"

Spoiler

73427 BD:3+3 MD:8

Jonathan 420/700 <43/70> -100+30

Frostbite Spider 31/500 Health: 87-56=31 (BearKnock used

Frostbite Spider Abilities

100 DMG, Freeze Immunity

Frost Bite

Upon MD:10 and CD:8+ FrostBite Spider freezes its target, and leaches 50 Health from its target

Webshot

Upon CD: 10+ Frostbite Spider shoots its web at its opponent, making them lose three evasion for the first turn, two evasion for the second and for one for the third. Has a five turn cool down and not activated when <<Frost Bite>> is activated. 

Venom

Upon MD:9 and CD:6+ The Frost Bite spider sprays venom at its target dealing 40 DMG Envenom for four turns

Frost

Upon MD:10 and CD:6 Frostbite Spider bites its target, freezing their blood. Deals full damage along with freeze.

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan held his weapon forward in front of him. The Spider had extremely Low health since Jonathan had just used a low skilled sword art to prevent himself from killing it. He needed to upgrade his sword tank so he would have more damage to these guys. Jonathan watched as the spider hissed at him, then sprayed the poison at him once more. It nailed into his chest once more and Jonathan groaned. "Oh yeah, that is the LAST straw!" Jonathan leapt up, his blade completely full with energy. Just before striking down, the blond seen the spider's body twinkle. Jonathan brought his weapon down, causing a large blast of light and the spider shatter. Jonathan smiled and watched the notification pop up, showing him that he had earned some more col. Good. I will take some time off to get some health and energy back, and then I will begin to haul tail outta here. There is no point in looking around to look fr some kind of dungeon. No dungeons down on this floor. 

Spoiler

73434 BD:3+3=6 MD:9 CD:9 LD:12+3

Jonathan 420/700 <38/70> -100+30

Frostbite Spider 0/500 Health: 31-56=0 (BearKnock used)

LD:12+3=15

Rewards: Mob Health x5 500x5=2500

7750 Col (+2500)

+5 T1 Mats (+1)

Edited by Morgenstern

73495 BD:4+3 MD:2

Jonathan watched as the spider fell, and instantly as if he had just killed its master, another spider cape out of a small opening in the wall, ripping straight through the already placed down web. This one appeared to be one of the first spider he had fought. One of the venom spiders. He had not been poisoned by them yet, so hopefully that would refrain from happening. The blond growled and immediately charged forward, slashing the main part of the spiders body, dealing a good amount of damage. It was not as much as someone like Beat would be able to deal, but it brought the creature's health quite down. With satisfaction of his hit, Jonathan returned to an optimal position to be able to decide which move he would use next. His health was beginning to get a bit low, probably meaning he needed to take few turns after this battle to be able to regain some and his energy. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 450/700 <32/70> +30

Venomous Spider 252/350 -98(14x7)

Rewards: Mob Health x5 500x5=2500

7750 Col 

+5 T1 Mats 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan twirled his weapon in the air, barely worried about his health or energy levels. Every was going great at the moment, and the blond knew that he would be okay for this battle. He was almost done here, a bt more searching around, and he would head out and later come back, but to a different part of the Glacial Cove. Jonathan refocused, smiling before charged forward. Pumped with exhilaration, Jonathan leapt up, coming down with a quick downward slash and then continued with repeated thrusts of his weapon. The spider shrieked, and then bit his arm, ad he felt as a cold dark liquid moved through his veins. Jonathan jerked away, and backed away from the spider. "Oh my god.... You poisoned me as well? Do I just have a sign on that says poison me?" Jonathan let off a low growl at the spider, and held his weapon at the ready once more.

Spoiler

73498 BD:9 MD:10

Jonathan 370/700 <26/70> -100+30 Envenom 4/4 (-12)

Venomous Spider 147/350 -105(15x7)

Rewards: 

7750 Col 

+5 T1 Mats 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan grabbed his weapon. Two more solid hit on the spider, and it was finished there. The blond grinend as he notcied this and looked for a way to get some good damage on this. After this fight, he would have to be done with fighting for a while. His health was really nearing the yellow zone, meaning he was not to far away from the red zone. He could equip his shield, but it would just be a mere waste of his time. Jonathan charged forward, feinting one way, but quickly shot back the other, opening a side up for an attack. Jonathan slashed blade, and also added a few thrusts here and there with it. Satisfied with his work, he backed up, but now before being pierced by a lovely sharp spider leg. I am just having so much fahn kill arachnids. Everyone should come and try this out. So fahn. 

Spoiler

73508 BD:8 MD:6

Jonathan 308/700 <20/70> -80-12+30 Envenom 3/4 (-12)

Venomous Spider 49/350 -98(15x7)

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood with a smile. The spider was one hit from finishing, and he would end it now. Stepping forward, Jonathan rose his weapon. The floor was hard and rocky, and the handle of his sword was cold. The spider hissed, showing its anger for him killing its leader. "Well, maybe he should not have gotten into my way!" Jonathan blasted forward, trying to move to the side and strike there, but the spider leapt over and bit him, causing more poison to course through the blond's veins. Gritting his teeth, Jonathan leapt backward, holding his hand over the bite. "You really just want poison to replace my blood don't you? I probably have more poison in me then blood." Jonathan groaned from the agonizing pain, but it quickly washed over, and watched a few purple and black pixels fly out of the wound. His poison time had replenished back to full. You have got to be kidding me, this is just far too much. 

Spoiler

73711 BD:2+3 MD:10

Jonathan 246/700 <19/70> -80-12+30 Envenom 4/4 (-12)

Venomous Spider 49/350 

Edited by Morgenstern

The blond was a bit ticked from being poisoned again. He twirled his weapon quickly with one hand while glaring at the spider. "I have had enough of you already, and now I believe it really is time to die. I need a small break." Jonathan stepped forward, crunching the rock in his step. His blade began to gleam furiously and he bound forward, leaving the spider only time to shriek before it was instantly pixelated by the touch of his weapon. As the job was finished, Jonathan sheathed his weapon and sat with a sigh. He shifted to get comfortable and looked at the notifcation saying he had recieved a nice sum of col and a few materials from his fight. Great, I am making quite a bit of col, it is great that I am also making quite a bit of levels to. I'll kill one or so more, and then head outta here and pick up the food from Sey and start heading toward getting a familiar. 

Spoiler

73712 BD:5+3 MD:4 LD:16

Jonathan 264/700 <13/70> -12+30 Envenom 3/4 (-12)

Venomous Spider 0/350 -91(14x7)

Rewards LD:16+3=19 --- Mob HP x5 + 1 Bonus Mat

9500 Col (+1750)

+7 T1 Mats (+2)

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan closed his eyes, and let out a deep breath to dull the pain of the poison. How long has it been? How long has it been since I came out and soloed. It really was nice after being so busy with the guild, but to just take time off and grind is nice. Lately, my level has been increasing fast, but still far from enough. The difference is large enough to have to worry about the next boss fight. I think Tier Three is out now, and the damage from bosses will be much heavier. I have a feeling, that I would have not lasted much longer in that fight, and now there is a whole new scale. Grinding is needed, and lots of training. Jonathan shook away his thoughts and focused around him. His eyes glanced around searching for materials, monsters, whatever there was too find. His eyes locked onto a blue brystal, right in the center of the ceiling. After closer observations, he noticed that it was a giant Frostbite spider egg. Should I destroy it before it hatches? That might stop its respawning process.... Nah, I'm not a jerk. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 302/700 <13/70> -12+30+20 Envenom 2/4 (-12)

Edited by Morgenstern

Curious of the spider egg, Jonathan stood and brushed the dirt and rocks off of his rear. He searched around, thinking of some way to get up there. Searching up the wall then ceiling, he spotted a few pillar looking things hanging off the ceiling. If I could hit those down, they would make a good thing to climb up. Jonathan held his blade tightly. He did not have a throwing skill, but those were not for swords, but instead for knives and other objects. Jonathan shrugged , and chucked his blade, which hit right on target, bringing the pillar to the ground. Jonathan smiled, but it quickly faded as his weapon clanged to the ground. He sighed, before leaping up onto the rock pillar that was now stuck into the ground. Pulling himself up, he rolled onto the top, now within jumping distance from the egg. From here, the egg looked like a shiny diamond. This was probably the reason it had attacked him, to defend its egg. Most creatures protected their young with their life, but in this instance the defender fell, and he still stood. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 340/700 <14/70> -12+30+20 Envenom 1/4 (-12)

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled at the art work and texture of the egg. You could barely tell it was an egg, but indeed it was. It had the appearance of a round diamond, but was actually made of solid ice. Jonathan's mile faded as he heard cracking. The egg began to open. Jonathan reached for his sword, but it was not there. It had skidded across the ground. At least a hundred tiny spider crawled out of the egg, and as soon as they hit the atmosphere, some began to die off, and others began to grow. Jonathan leapt off the pillar and snatched his sword. From there, he located the path out of the spider's nest and immediately began to sprint to it, ducking through the webs to get out. A few of the spiders gave chase, but as they were still growing, they were awfully slow. The blond smiled as he stepped onto the icy floor. He was actually getting away. He turned the next corner, sliding a few feet thanks to the ice. Just a little bit farther and he was there! Jonathan ran faster, and was only a hundred feet from the way out of the cave, and the Spiders that were chasing him were nowhere to be found.  

Spoiler

Jonathan 378/700 <70/70> -12+30+20 Envenom 0/4 (-12)

3/3 turns Energy restored!

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as he bound toward the exit. Then, right before he got there, another spider jumped in his way, not allowing passage. Jonathan growled, and yanked "Dying Light" from its sheath. "Hey, Outta my way!" the blond called to it. the spider charged forward, striking him in his unprotected shoulder. The blond growled, and swiped his blade, but the spider dodged, missing his weapon by mere inches. Damn, if I were to have concentration, that might have worked a lot better. Jonathan glanced behind him. He did not see any spiders yet, so maybe they gave up the chase, or perhaps it was that they were just slow. It would not matter, if he could get through the guy in front of him. If I remember right, four or five hits is all I really need. I need to get those in and get the hell outta here. The blond smiled raising his weapon, ready for another go. 

Spoiler

73745 BD:2+3 MD:6

Jonathan 348/700 <69/70> 378-60+30=348

Spider 350/350

Spider- 60 DMG

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood, his tightened around the hilt of his weapon. Smiling, the blond charged forward. This here would be one of his better hits. The spider leapt upward, allowing Jonathan to pass underneath. As the spider came down, it drug its leg down his back, dealing a significant amount of damage. The blond was a bit ticked about this, but he would get revenge next time. Or at least he better. Kayaba must have enjoyed making him miss, because even with the item, he still missed quite a bit. That was two misses in a row. Should only be two misses per mob. Don't worry, I will make sure to get him good next time. He will regret getting in my way. I would make anything regret getting in my way. The blond twirled his weapon before getting in a fighting stance. He was told to be always ready in this stance in a fight, and this was a fight. (RP mood just lost there XD)

Spoiler

74032 BD:2 MD:8

Jonathan 318/700 <69/70> 348-60+30=318

Spider 350/350

Spider- 60 DMG

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood with a blade at the ready. The battle should be quickly over now, if he could just manage to get a few hits on the target. Looking for a opening, Jonathan decided that an attack from the side would definitely be best. Let's dance little spider! Jonathan charged forward, two hands on his curved blade. She swung it brutally many times, but the spider just kept scattering away from every blow. A bit enraged, Jonathan leapt out of distance from an attack. "Why can't I get a hit in? Is it just a way for you to get in my way, and dodge until your friends get her and finish me off?" The spider made no response, probably because it does not speak English. Does Kayaba actually have this as a trap, meant to slow down my progress to get me killed by these spiders? If so that is a jerk move. I am going to kill him someday. 

Spoiler

74033 BD:1 MD:3

Jonathan 348/700 <67/70> 318+30=378

Spider 350/350

Spider- 60 DMG

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood, a bit ticked that he had missed the last few attacks. How was he supposed to kill something if he could not hit it? The spider advanced quickly, leaving Jonathan act quicker or get hit. Turns out, he got hit. Jonathan ducked to the side, rolling away from the spider. As he came to his feet, it appeared the the spider was already in front of him, thrusting its spear-like leg into his chest, injecting it right where his heart would be. If this was real like, the player would have definitely died, but the way of this game gave him literal superhuman abilities. He jerked away, landing but on the ground. 'This is kind of like the snow beast for essence of steel. Really hard to hit, until you know how to beat it.' He glanced forward at the enemy, seeing its obvious weaker points. Mostly the joint, right where the legs connected to the main section. If only he could strike those down, then it would definitely  be easy from there. 

74034 BD:1 MD:7

Spoiler

Jonathan 318/700 <66/70> 348-60 +30= 318

Spider 350/350

Spider- 60 DMG

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan growled at his failed attempts to attack. A few measely hits is all he needed. He even had an accuracy item equipped! He charged forward, making no attempt at feinting or such, but going straight in. The sider appeared to be a bit surprised as the blond charged, slashing his weapo into one of the creatures legs. His blade met its mark, and Jonathan smiled as the creature shrieked and fell into the ground. It was almost a pity to see the creature like this, weak and helpless. The blond rested his weapon on his shoulder and laughed a bit. "Not so funny when you are the one being attacked, isn't it?" He backed away, preventing the creature from striking him back. A few more hits is all I need, lets get there and get the hell out of here. It was a decent plan, especially since he was a tank and not supposed deal a ton of damage at the moment. 

Spoiler

74036 BD:6 MD:2

Jonathan 348/700 <60/70> 318+30=348

Spider 252/350  -98(15x7)

Spider- 60 DMG

Edited by Morgenstern

The spider took quite a hit from his last attack, and did not seem up to all of its previous dodging abilities. It seemed to have slowed down a bit, which meant more attacks were open for him to attack at. He smiled and charged forward, his blade outputting a large golden glow, defying the spider. This was it. The spider was in no position to dodge. He slammed his weapon into the spider, his slash completely cutting off three of its legs. The creature seemed to be infuriated at his attack, and proceeded to attack,  acting as if his missing legs were not a thing. It charged, catching Jonahtan off guard. The spider stabbing him in the chest. Jonathan pulled away, his wound healing a bit more, but not enough to completely withstand the pain. The spider made some sort of snickering noise, and Jonathan grimaced and said, "You laugh now, but soon I will have you dead." 

Spoiler

74139 BD:9 MD:8

Jonathan 318/700 <54/70> 348-60 +30= 318

Spider 147/350  -105(15x7)

Spider- 60 DMG

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood, his blade held at his side. The spider was almost dead, if he could just have dealt a bit more damage, then it would be dead now, or in a attack or so. It did not matter though, he needed to kill the spider as fast as possible. The spiders were probably just around the corner by now. The blond charged, slashing straight in the front. His blade cut through the spider like butter, and brought its health down just enough for Jonathan to finsih it off in one more hit. 'Well, at least in another hit it will be dead. I am tired of being here, I just want to go back.' The spider retaliated, striking the blond in the shoulder with one of its remaining legs. Jonathan ducked away after being struck, a bit ticked that he had been hit yet again. "Yeah, that is the last one you are going to get in my friend. It won't be a shame to lose you." 

Spoiler

74218 BD"4+3 MD:8

Jonathan 348/700 <67/70> 318 +348

Spider 49/350  -98(15x7)

Spider- 60 DMG

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood, leering over the practically dead spider. He smiled and brandished his weapon, the aura around it gleaming a bright gold. He smiled as he crept forward, one last hit and he was outta here. The smaller spiders had finally arrived though. They had lined the walls, turning everything black. The larger spider spider in front of him, rose, stabbing him one last time, before it fell completely to the ground, it had used the rest of its energy to try and prevent his escape. He smited the creature down, and it pixelated upon contact. He closed the notification, sprinting out of the cove. He did not want to die form millions of spiders. He really should have never touched the damned egg. He hightailed out, the spiders disintegrating as they met the entrance to the door. 'So they are more of a trap, then a mob, but one probably stayed behind just like the last. 

Spoiler

74222 BD:6+3 MD:7 LD:17

Jonathan 318/700 <67/70> 348-60 +30= 318

Spider 0/350  -98(14x7)

LD:17+3=20 Mob health x5 +1 bonus mat

350x5=1750 Col + 2 mats

Total Rewards in Thread

11250 Col (+1750)

+9 T1 Mats (+2)

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan turned his back to the cave of spider. He was done for the day, even the day was beginning to become through and shift into night. He had made a great amount of money, and he would either buy something useful with it, or donate it willingly to the guild. It would bring them a step closer to a guild hall. They needed that, but also needed to get these events in so they would not just have the paladins donating in. He had not yet to donate, but he was saving at the moment, especially with there literally being nothing else to invest in at the moment. He might be able to pool all of his cash into a demonic, but at the moment, there was not really any that he wanted out there. Except Heathcliff. Somehow that man had found an item that was exactly what he had been looking for. It was called Liberator and it counted as his shield and sword, and his sword had a skill called holy sword. Heathcliff literally was what he wanted pt be. This great and powerful holy warrior, that was practically invincible. The man was amazing.