[PP-F2] Enjoy The Silence Of The Fields

Zero yawned as he laid down by the lake under a tree, using the shade to hide from the setting sun's rays. 'Who would of guessed it was true that this place is quiet and solitary...' He stretched out on the ground and stared up at the sky as the clouds passed by. He scratched his head and slowly closed his eyes. 'A little shut eye will be nice... Just a little while to enjoy this place...'

As the sun plunged into the lake, leaving in it's wake the landscape, cloaked in the grey of dusk, I glared down upon the boy who was dozing on the ground and wondered who would bother coming here alone. Wait, I'm alone. Still, though. Silently tip-toeing along a branch in the middle of the tree, I reached the center of the branch and sat down. Swiping down through the air, I pulled down my menu and began searching my inventory, scrolling down until I found what I was looking for. Selecting the bar, I grinned mischievously as an apple about the size of my fist and scarlet in colour. Flipping upside down on the branch, I tossed the apple down to the ground watching it like a hawk, my grin becoming wider as it 'missed' the ground and hit the boy right smack in the middle of his head. I laughed softly to myself whilst peering down through the leaves, making no move to flip myself back right-side up, waiting to see the boy's reaction.

Zero snapped out his sleep when he felt the apple and looked up confused. "Eh? An apple?" He looked down at the apple and picked it up. 'But this is an item, which means...' He looked around quickly and rose to his feet. He glanced at the tree and sighed scratching his head. "You'll have to do better than that if you want to hide from me. I can see the branch slightly bending from the change of weight thanks to my tracking skills." He tossed the apple in the air and swiped it as he took a bite from it. "Thank you for the apple though..."

I frowned and plucked several acorns from the tree and pelted them at him, unhappy that he'd figured out that I was here so quickly. I suppose that he's not such easy prey. "You know, you shouldn't steal someone else's food," I admonished him, though it was hard for me to take myself seriously with my high voice. "Forget it," I muttered to myself, flipping upright.

'A girl... Why a girl...' Zero blushed placing the apple on the ground and climbed up the tree. "Sorry, I'll buy you one later if you want..." He glanced at the girl blushing more furiously noticing her outfit and quickly looked away trying to hide his face. 'W-what kind of an outfit is that!? Y-you can almost see her everything!' The boy panicked not used to confronting members of the opposite gender, specially ones who weren't ashamed of wearing revealing clothes.

I turned to look at the boy, about to say something, but stopped in my tracks when I noticed that he wasn't even looking at me. What? He can't even be bothered to look at me while talking? Are you kidding me?! Not remembering where I was, I jumped up and immediately lost my balance. I yelped as I basically crashed on top on the boy, almost knocking us both off the branch. I didn't think that it was a good day for falling out of trees so I scrabbled for a hold on the rough bark and breathed a sigh of relief when I found a handhold.

Zero's eyes widened as the girl fell on him and threw him off balance. He gripped onto the girls clothes as he slammed against the tree branch trying to regain his balance. "That was clo-" He cut himself off as he realized what he had done and turned red like before, quickly looking away. 'Why did I grab onto her!? Better yet, why did she fall on me!?' He felt flustered by what had happened and didn't know how to react like in most social situations for him.

I blinked, thoroughly confused as to why a boy, whose name I didn't even know yet, would bother saving me. Not eager to test my luck and jump up again, I rolled off of the poor boy. At least I'm not heavy. "Sorry about that," I whispered glumly, sitting back on my haunches. I leaned forward slightly an hugged my knees, dejected.

Zero coughed and cleared his throat sitting up. He looked at the girl slightly surprised and waved at her with both hands trying to stop her from feeling bad. "I-it's okay... D-don't worry about it..." He crossed his legs with a sigh and looked away as he scratched his head. "Sorry about the apple again, I'll buy you another one if you like..." 'I should try and do something to ease the tension... Maybe introducing myself...' He quickly and awkwardly extended his hand toward her still looking away. "I think we should introduce ourselves and start over... I-I'm Zero...you are?"

I noticed that Zero still refused to look at me and suddenly figured out why. 'Clothes! of course!' I inwardly laughed at myself as I pulled down my menu and quickly found my guild outfit, tapping on the button to switch into it. My guild outfit is a pair of black pants, a scarlet red halter top, and black combat boots. 'There. Hopefully this makes a difference.' I reached out my hand and shook it sideways. "Aloha. Sorry about that. My name is Sinon. Hajimemashite," I chimed awkwardly.

"G-good to meet you Sinon." Zero glanced at her and let out a breath of relief. 'She figured it out... It's a bit embarrassing, but I'm glad...' He shook her hand and looked at her a bit timidly. "I hope you're okay, sorry if you didn't like me grabbing you earlier." He looked away slightly embarrassed and sighed hanging his legs over the ground. "I should go..." He murmured and hopped off of the branch and onto the ground.

'Twice in one day... Why... Just why...' Zero blinked after being fallen on again and sighed. "I-it's okay..." He looked at Sinon and blushed looking away quickly. "D-don't worry about it Sinon... I-I'm okay, are you?" He asked legitimately more concerned about her well being than him own.

"Yes, I-I'm fine! Y-you shouldn't have been in the way! I wouldn't have fallen on you, then," I exclaimed, turning my back on Zero and turning my chin up. I glanced back at Zero out of the corner of my eye and stared ahead again, a faint blush dusting my cheeks.

Zero stood up straight and noticed Sinon's face become red. He blinked a few times and quickly nodded. "A-alright then..." He scratched his head and walked up to her. "Where you going anywhere? I was just here to take a rest, plus I heard that the lake is very beautiful at night. Thought I might catch a glimpse."

"N-no. I'm here f-for the same reason.... Though, I really do need to level soon," I added. I slammed my fist on top of my other hand, getting an idea. "I know! You can help me level!" I exclaimed, whipping around to face Zero fully. "That is, f you've got nothing better to do with your time." I smirked and placed a hand on my hip.