[SP-F4] Crimson Snow <<Avalanche>>

Hydra looked up and around at the drifting snow that surrounded him. "Ah Floor four, one of my favorites." The spearman said taking in a deep breath of air, the ice cold feeling drifted through his entire body. Most would find it unpleasant, but Hydra didn't mind the cold. In fact he loved it. At the moment the spearman was stood in the middle of a deep green fir forest, the general aura of the place similar to that of one which could be found in a fairy tale. Everything was calm and peaceful, even the sounds of wolves howling added to it all, the young brunette felt as though he could relax here for the rest of the time in this death game... "No, I shouldn't stop any longer." Hydra's calm demeanor changed like a crack of lightning. He hadn't come to isolate himself from the world, he had come after hearing reports of a supposed group of orange player's, whom he was planning to kill. "I was told that they were harbored around Avalanche's cave." That word bought a chill back more than any other. The last time Hydra had been there was when he was accompanied by two Knights of the Blood Oath. Upon being hit by a blizzard they were forced to retreat.  "I have yet to take down that creature, I guess I can take it on as a bonus." Picking himself up he then began to move through the forest and towards the mountains of the fourth floor.

Walking through the wilderness of the fourth floor was almost just as pleasing, as taking a nap in it. The snow continued to drift and dance, and the tree's rustled slightly in the wind. Other than that there was still a dead silence, which Hydra believed helped players return to their roots. "Even if this death game has us all trapped, I don't feel like that at all. Certainly when I am here I don't." Hydra pondered. He found himself to be walking casually, with incredibly light footsteps similar to that of a tiptoe. His whole body was relaxed, despite the heavy armor which was clad around him. After a few hours of walking the firs eventually came to an end. "Ah I remember this place also. The fields of white. Last time I was here some of those frostbite spiders attacked me, let's hope I am not near a spawning spot." Hydra commented as plains of white snow stretched out before him. Although it had grown dark he could still make out Avalanche's cave halfway up the mountain, the darkness of the entrance was uninviting, eerie and enough to send the feeling of fear down to Hydra's core. "I have to continue on..."

Hydra's ascent to the cave was a slow one, the fields despite the fact one could see the ending were larger than the fir forest he had just walked through. "Errrr..." Hydra let out half a sigh and half a growl, his eyes were beginning to get heavy, "Now of all places is not a good time to set up camp. I haven't come to even take on Avalanche, I was supposed to be hunting orange players. Let's make this as quick as possible." Despite his weariness, the young adventurer managed to pry open his eyes and stumble along. One of the reasons it was more difficult was because the snow grew deeper and thicker with each step. His armor wasn't the most practical cosmetically either, with its various patterns coming off and away from the armor itself, it must have looked quite menacing however. The deep rich blue black color was almost a complete contrast to the lightness of the snow.

"Getting up there is going to be difficult." Hydra mumbled to himself as he reached the base of the mountain. Even now, with the illumination of the moonlight he could make out the entrance to the cave. For a moment he felt his throat freeze up, but his senses quickly kicked back into action. "Alright time to end this once and for all." Slowly the brunette began to make his way up the narrow path which countless adventurer's had previously used before hand. There was enough room to ensure his safety however if one were to slip it probably wouldn't end well. Hydra's eyes drifted toward the huge stalagmites of ice that aligned the base of the cliff. There points were just as sharp as his spear. It'd be a nasty death for sure. The walk was relatively short but still took it's toll on his body, taking a few deep breaths and leaning up against the cave's entrance he tried to mentally prepare himself for what was to come.

Hydra footsteps moved from the crisp sound of standing on snow to echoing throughout the cave, as they hit the hard stone floor. "How strange, It's colder in here than it is out there." He thought to himself, surprised at the drastic change in temperature. The young adventurer shivered before turning to look at his general surroundings. He wasn't sure how large this cave was but if he were to go in any more he might risk loosing himself in it. "I have no other choice." He mumbled to himself. Equipping his spear he began to tap it lightly on the ground, starting off with a single tap it eventually turned into a rhythm of one then two then three and so forth. The sound of it all rung like a bell. Echoing over and over, even by the time he finished it must have continued on for a half a minute or so.  For a moment the dead silence returned, Hydra opened his mouth to speak but then a roar shattered through the night. Taking in a deep breath the spearman turned around and briskly moved outside where his vision was less impeded. <Avalanche> emerged not soon after, it was far less intimidating than he thought, "Still I shouldn't let my guard down." He readied his <charge> skill.

Hydra - 595/595 | 58/58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN

Avalanche - 100/100 HP | 50 DMG

Edited by Hydra
replies merged

The battle was over in a second, Hydra wasn't exactly sure what happened but he charged into Avalanche with his full force and activated his <merciless flurry> sword art. The next thing he knew was that he was flat on his back looking up at the ceiling, surrounded by crystals and snow flakes. "What just happened?" No cries of pain, no clash of weapon. Just the death of a lower level field boss. After Hydra was done contemplating just about everything he needed to contemplate, he sat up and once again looked around the cave, scratching his head slightly. "I think I have grossly underestimate the power of tier two equipment." The young said a tone of laughter began to develop into his voice, a few seconds later he was properly laughing now. The young brunette didn't really know why, perhaps it was because of how nervous he felt taking on this thing. "Have I really come this far..." The spearman suddenly realized, his hand shaking slightly at his own power.

ID# 73824 results:

Battle: 8 (hit)

<Charge activated>

MOB: 3 (miss)

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = (13+1) x 12 = 168 DMG to Avalanche

Hydra - 595/595 | 45/58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN

Avalanche - 0/100 HP | 50 DMG

Edited by Hydra
  • 2 weeks later...

After Hydra was done he left the cave behind him, remembering to loot the monster drop on his way out. Some sort of potion which helped to mitigate the effect of burn damage. "This could have been useful against Cerberus. Ah well." He mumbled. "Now time to find these player killers." Hydra moved across the fields of snow and towards the forest once more. Apparently the group sighted were of lower levels, but still just as monstrous as the type known by the name of the 'laughing coffin'. Rumors of them had begun to surface each day, stories which couldn't be unheard. "I have to help put an end to some of these murders, stop someone else getting blood on there hands." After a while of walking the spearman eventually reached a river, and the first signs of man made objects were coming into view. Mostly empty supply crates scattered around, it meant he was likely drawing closer to the main encampment. Crawling up a snow bank Hydra tried to peer further ahead into the forest...

"What happened?" Hydra thought. The spearman could make things out more clearly now. A dying trail of smoke billowed from a fire-pit, that looked as though it had been extinguished days ago. Tents lay on the floor in torn rags, and deep claw marks appeared on the surface of the snow. It looked as though there had been some sort of struggle. The brunette slowly pushed himself up and walked over to the camp, keeping a weary eye out. Certainly enough there had been some sort of skirmish here, and it appeared whatever had happened, had left no one in the area alive. "Hmm." Hydra glanced over to a weapon rack filled with basic types of weaponry, nothing he concerned himself with. Secretly the spearman felt relieved, it was easy enough to say he could murder another murderer but in truth he wasn't that type of person. He even thought he might end up trying to talk them out of it first. Not that it mattered any longer.

The sound of deep growling suddenly filled the air sending a chill down Hydra's spine. Slowly he turned around to face what looked to be a band of snow beasts. Hydra used the word beast because he couldn't actually identify them as an animal. They certainly were not canine, or feline for that matter. Although he had never encountered them himself, apparently snow jaguar could be sighted on this floor. "Focus." The brunette mumbled to himself, these were most likely what destroyed the camp. Although four didn't seem like a very large number. "Perhaps there are more." The adventurer proceeded to glance at his energy bar, it appeared to have restored itself to full meaning he was ready for combat. "Alright then." Hydra went into his <charge> stance, on the bright side he was low on materials. If he could come out of this unscathed then he would add them to the store's stock which was currently at 0. Taking in a deep breath as usual he then struck outwards.

(x3 OOC posts - Energy restored)

Hydra - 595/595 | 58/58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

Snow Beast - 298/298 | 40 DMG

Hydra and the group rushed each other, the spearman just managed to get his hit off first. Striking all four snow beasts across their furry white chests dealing a moderate amount of damage to them. As each one pounced on him one at a time, Hydra moved his shield close to his body blocking each blow. Mitigating practically all the damage, his regeneration effect also triggered bringing him back to full health. "So these things can't even kill me. That makes this a bit easier." Hydra mumbled taking a few steps back and readying his weapon to perform the <forceful attack> area of effect once more. The brunette's biggest concern was now his energy levels. If he were to run out before he could kill these things then it might be a long night. Hopefully his heavy momentum would help with that issue though. "Once these are down, I should probably call it a day."

ID# 74394 results:

Battle: 7 (hit)

<Charge Activated> (+1 DMG)

SA: Forceful Attack (1x7) AOE = (13+1) x 7 = 98 DMG to all Snow Beast(s)

MOB: 8 (40-66 = 4 DMG - 18 Regeneration = 0 DMG to Hydra)

Hydra - 595/595 | 44/58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

Snow Beast - 200/298 | 40 DMG

Edited by Hydra

Readying his forceful attack once more Hydra lashed out. Unfortunately with his shield also so close to his body, it made it quite difficult to aim, meaning his weapon flew over the snow beast's heads leaving only a trail of snow behind it. The beasts themselves seemed reluctant to attack. Instead they began to circle Hydra trapping him inside the middle. "Clever." The spearman thought to himself, however he had previously been an evasion build and he remembered certain things. As each snow beast proceeded to lash out, the young adventurer side stepped each managing to escape the circle in the process. The light of heavy momentum surrounded him in a veil not long after. With a bonus to his damage and a solid hit, he could end this all within a few minutes. Hydra readied his left arm, his dominant arm so to speak. He found it gave him slight advantage in combat because opponent's were not usually use to fighting a left-handed person. Still it wasn't much and skill was far more important.

ID# 74395 results:

Battle: 1 (miss - heavy momentum triggers 4/8)

MOB: 4 (miss)

Hydra - 595/595 | 43/58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 4/8 HM

Edited by Hydra

A similar scenario followed. Except this time each beast was agile enough to dodge Hydra's attack. "Interesting." The spearman thought to himself. Perhaps they were beginning to guess his battle rhythm. "Do I even have a battle Rhythm." Hydra had never really considered this, still they had only been in combat for a few minutes. How likely was it that these things had figured him out already, when he didn't know his own style of battle himself. Sighing to himself the brunette once again evaded the blows of the snow beasts. Not that it mattered, even if they hit him they wouldn't do any damage thanks to the regeneration enhancement. Hydra turned his head to the sound of running water. It appeared the combatants had somehow ended up near the river. "I should really pay more attention to what I am doing." Hydra pondered to himself, ironically not paying any attention. The river itself was quite wide, but shallow. The water was a glacial blue, probably quite cold.

ID# 74396 results:

Battle: 1 (heavy momentum triggers - 8/8)

MOB: 3 (miss)

Hydra - 595/595 | 42/58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 8/8 HM

Edited by Hydra

This time as Hydra brought his spear crashing down, he would land a hit. With the power of heavy momentum behind the attack it served to deal a crippling blow to the snow beasts. Taking them down into a range where if Hydra could land one more hit, he would finish them off. Sliding down the bank and into the river, it served as some sort of barrier, for the snow beasts did not seem to like the water. This provided the spearman with the opportunity to strike out at them. Slashing once again with a single powerful sweep at there bellies as they reared up. A few of the creatures tried lashing out with there claws but couldn't reach Hydra. "I need to finish this with the next few hits." Hydra whispered, his energy had halved after only two sword arts and he was beginning to feel the exhaustion. Although it wasn't so bad just yet, with the next few attacks it could become more of an issue.

ID# 74397 results:

Battle: 8 (hit - heavy momentum triggers +8 DMG)

SA: Forceful Attack (1x7) AOE = (13+8) x 7 = 147 DMG to Snow Beast(s)

Hydra - 595/595 | 29/58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

Snow Beast - 53/298 | 40 DMG

Edited by Hydra

Once again Hydra activated his forceful attack sword art. As he brought his left arm swinging around the spear ripped through the four weakened snow beasts causing them all to instantly shatter. "Thank goodness that's over." Hydra mumbled to himself. Swiftly the brunette moved to collect the materials that had been dropped. Although it was only four at least it was a start to getting his business back on track. Hydra had a list of his exact customers back at the store, at least the ones he had managed to craft items for, and he hoped to extend that list. Hydra could feel his legs start shaking and decided it best to get out the water and return to the encampment to see what else he could find. "I hope no more of those snow beasts show up." He mumbled to himself. Before his trip home the adventurer hoped to find a few more materials here and there. 

ID# 74406 results:

Battle: 6 (hit)

SA: Forceful attack (1x7) AOE = 13x7 = 91 DMG to Snow Beasts

Loot: 1 (no extra loot obtained)

Hydra - 595/595 | 16/58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

Snow Beast - 0/298 | 40 DMG

(Meets loot requirements = 4 Total mats)

Edited by Hydra

When Hydra got back to the camp he scanned the grounds for anything obtainable. "Nothing..." He mumbled, staring down into the empty sockets of a helmet. It felt like only yesterday he was empty inside also. Coming back to a realization he tossed the helmet to one side and let out a long sigh with his hands on his hips. It appeared anything valuable must have dissipated into crystals with the users wearing them. As per usual, the brunette proceeded to sling the 'Water Serpent's fang' over his shoulder and move out. The weight of his shield meant he had to store it in his inventory because it was too much effort to hold for a prolonged period of time. Hydra began to hum a song as his feet pressed into the crisp snow underfoot. Right now it wasn't snowing but as with most weather in this death trap, it was highly unpredictable. "Well except on the fifth floor." He muttered thinking back to the scorching heat of the desert. Hydra suddenly felt his chest begin to tighten, a clear indication his familiar Twilight had finally woken up from yet another nap. "It's safe to come out." Hydra laughed lightly as she poked her two heads out. "Help me look out for materials Twilight." The dragon snake didn't seem interested in helping out, to no surprise. Instead, the two heads started nipping at one another. Forcing out another sigh from the adventurer.

"Forest to the left... Forest to the right." Hydra whispered lightly as he glanced in all directions, looking out for anything in particular that he could use in his store. Unfortunately, nothing showed up, either that or his perception was failing him. In fact, it was more likely the latter. Hydra often spent his time half awake. For a moment the spearman stopped and rested against the trunk of a fir tree. Naked bits of sap stuck to his clothing that had oozed from the trunk. The spearman's eyes flickered open at the feeling, only to close again shortly afterward. He was never really one for personal appearance. "I'm sure it'll wash off." He half spoke half yawned. It still surprised him, how detailed this game could be at times. It even felt more realistic in here then it did in the actual world. Hydra had spent much time as a shut-in of which. So obviously he would never have even dreamt of visiting all the kinds of environments that he had in this place. Shifting his shoulders forwards and shaking his hair free of any snow which had become trapped, he continued to slowly plow on.

ID# 74416 results:

Loot: 5 (no loot found)

Edited by Hydra

Nothing improved much, a change of scenery from Fir to meadow and then back to Fir again was nice. However no more materials appeared for Hydra to scavenge. "How unfortunate." The spearman mumbled to himself in self-pity. He thought back to the customer he had in his store and unfortunately he had not been able to forge there item. "I should really put some sort of notice up, for when I am closed. Save's people time." The brunette said, moving his way through the dense forest. Twilight was still nipping everything which came into view that looked even slightly edible. That included Hydra's hair. Trying to ignore his persistent familiar he continued onward. The trees and general environment started to look more familiar by now, the spearman realized that he must have been drawing nearer to the portal that would take him back to the second floor. "Maybe I should love up to this floor." Hydra pondered. He liked the second floor a lot, but floor 4 wasn't SAO's favorite without good reason. Many probably shared the same view as him.

ID# 74493 results:

Loot: 8 (no loot found)

Edited by Hydra

Hydra eventually reached a snowy bank which overlooked Snowfrost Town. "Nearly home now." The spearman thought. Glancing upwards he noticed a strange looking object in a tree. Raising an eyebrow as to how it got up there, he proceeded to try and climb the branches but to no avail could he reach it. "Damn if only I had my gravity orb." The brunette mumbled, remembering how he had designed it to pull materials closer to him in the case he couldn't reach them. Quickly the spearman checked his inventory to see whether it was there. It would appear that it was in his store, probably with his other working materials. Letting out a groan Hydra stared at the object for a few moments before shaking his head and telling himself to move on and forget about it. He wasn't going to bother to ask his familiar for help, she would probably dart off into a different tree or go and find dinner. Reluctantly Hydra moved onward trying to get over his own forgetfulness.

ID# 74494 results:

Loot: 13 (no loot)

Edited by Hydra

After a few more hours of walking Hydra eventually reached the teleportation gate. "Well looks like no materials have appeared." He let out with a sad sigh. His eyes dropping to the ground slightly. On the bright side at least he had taken down avalanche, and in a single sword art. "Not to bad." The brunette thought to himself. His mood quickly lightening. Now with Avalanche done, Hydra had nearly completed all the quests he was capable of soloing. With the exception of bandit camp. He had attempted that twice, only for both times to end up fleeing or some other matter. The brunette was suppose to have completed it with Ethereal, but as always. His friend was nowhere to be seen. Occasionally there would be rumors of his return, however Hydra didn't have the energy to chase those rumors. "Cmon Twilight time to go." Twilight obediently slithered back down and coiled around the spearman. To the extent where he could only half breath. "We will need to come back up here again sometime." Hydra pondered trying to hold onto his breaths. 

ID# 74495 results:

Loot: 9 (no loot)

Edited by Hydra

Hydra thought for a moment about looking for anymore materials. "In a teleportation gate..." The thought hung in his mind for a moment, just sat there dead. Eventually shaking his head at himself the brunette just wiped his brow. "I think im a bit tired today Twilight." He told his dragon snake, whom by now had gone into a frenzy of nipping things. If Hydra wanted to enchant her, would it even be possible? After all the quest on which he found her, suggested secondary familiars could only be found if the first one died. The whole thing seemed quite morbid to the spearman, and whilst he would never kill his own familiar's on purpose. He was not entirely sure whether some other players would share that same view. The spearman had contemplated what familiars he had actually seen up to this point. Of course there was the bear by the name of Chewie. Another player had a dragon, someone else a red panda. The variation was quite large all in all. If Hydra were to take this quest again who knew what could happen.

Edited by Hydra