[F4 - PP] Reforging old ties

The blonde dismissed the 'Congratulations! Winner!' window that appeared in front of her and continued waving her hand as Zandra pointed at her. "I'm looking forward to seeing you try." she said with a smirk as her health once again slightly raised after the flaming armor burns. "But I got to say, that's a nice piece of equipment you got there. I'm jealous." she added with a smile, pointing towards the black material that looked so uncomfortable to move in. But I got this baby for free so I guess I can't complain about it, would fit more a tank instead of someone like me." she let out a shrug before making her blade disappear. Then as if nothing was wrong, she did a few stretches and muttered with a simple smile: "That was some good exercising." She then looked towards Zandra and asked while cocking her head: "You still mad about that?"

I looked down at my heavy armor as Ariel confessed she was jealous on me. ‘’Hehe. Yeah, this is a pretty armor. Thou it is a lot of work behind it so I think I’m worthy of it. I was having full mitigation on my other. Never used anything else. I wouldn’t have change if it wasn’t that this enchant makes me keep the mitigation buff and gives thorns.’’ Then my eyes went up to the blonde again. I saw her healthbar being slightly refilled. ‘’Thou your gear seems to cancel it out. To have that passive regen must be nice as well.’’ I rolled my shoulders to soften up my muscles that had been tence during the whole duel. My large shoulderguards made a clanky sound when they rose and lowered.

I looked at the gear she talked about and a darkness approached my eyes. ‘For free’ she said. ‘’For free you say?’’ I said and spit, didn’t thought about the mouthguard blocking the way. Thou I ignored it. I took a step forward, holding the axe in my right hand right under the head. I pressed the flat side of the axe against her chest right below her chin. ‘’For free? If I’m still mad?’’ I threw out towards her with an angry tone. I thought I had calmed down, but those words said without feelings, like it being nothing must have triggered me. ‘’I don’t know Ariel. Am I still mad about that?!’’ I said and stared into her silver.

At the first 'For free' that Zandra parroted, the blonde nodded unconsciously with a innocent expression while letting out a 'uhum' through her nose. It was when she heard her attempt to spit that she frowned, next being closely confronted and even poked with the other side of the axe. Seems like Zandra didn't get over it after this kind of reaction to her earlier comment. She looked her in the eyes with a serious expression and muttered under her breath loud enough so that she could hear: "Wanna go another round?"

She then would let out a sigh and scratch the back of her neck with her left hand, rifling the braided hair behind her: "You look pretty mad, I think you're over-reacting. Let me ask you this, if you would not follow me that rainy day... would you been interested in what Lowenthal did or his well being???

How much time do you think it would take before you'd ask yourself 'hey, I wonder how that guy's doing? maybe I should hang out with him.' or something like that. " Despite being poked by her weapon, Ariel made no attempt to counter with her own. She would stare in her eyes and wait for a reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Ariel did nothing, nothing at all to defend herself against my axe. Which I had hoped. By some reason I wanted to hit the woman infront of me. I answered her stare as she told me I was over-reacting. To that I only grit my teeths as she continued. I listened to her until she was finished. After her speech followed only silence. I just stood there, looking into the silver that stared at me. My breathing was slowly calming down again. There was something with this woman that I couldn’t really put the finger on. I don’t know how long we stood there but after awhile I removed the axe from Ariel and broke eyecontact. I turned around and took a few steps away from her. I sighed. ‘’To be honest Ariel, I’m not really mad at you because you killed Lowenthal. Honestly, I didn’t know him very well. Or now I should say knew. Thou the man I love, to him Lowenthal was his best friend. I’m not sure who he would have choosed actually, me or Lowenthal.’’ I gulped before continuing. ‘’So when the news of his death reached Jomei, it was terrible to see. Looked like she was ripped apart on the inside or something. I have never seen him like that. For a few days he just wanted to be alone, I tried to be there for him and did everything I could. But nothing changed.’’ My eyes got wet when thinking back how the man I loved most in the world have turned. ‘’I… I don’t know what to do anymore. Now he just lays on the bed all day and stare at the roof. He don’t react when I try to talk to him.’’ I turned back to Ariel, a tear rolling down my left cheek. ‘’In one way, you killed him too.’’

• 3 weeks later...

The blonde let out a sigh at the mention of Jomei's name. It has been too long since she saw her favorite irishman, not only on the frontlines but also in noobish events that she would usually see him. She didn't know him well but from the little interaction they had, she enjoyed his accent. That alone was a reason enough while she didn't have him on her special little list of useless frontliners. "Sorry to hear that." said the blonde without showing much compassion towards her dragon themed counterpart. But seeing her face like that, made the blonde slowly walked towards Zandra and extend her free left hand in a attempt to touch her cheek, to wipe off the potential small water streak that was budding in her eyes. "Maybe he needs some time for himself them, if he wants to know what happened young can tell him the truth. But I can't promise I will not defend myself if he wants revenge." she said with a lopsided smile, hiding an indirect threat in her statement. Then she make a couple of steps back and spun on her heel, saying: "But I can keep you company if you're feeling lonely. After his death is revealed, I imagine I won't be having many friends... so someone who doesn't hate me, despite knowing the actual truth, would be nice to have around."

I stood infront of the lioness and got surprised as I herd her answer. I even saw her left hand reaching out to me in a gesture of careing. As her soft skin touch my cheek I didn’t moved a muscle. Or that wasn’t completely true. I felt my heart beating faster. As her hand left my face I took a breath and went back to normal drumming in my chest.

I gripped my large two handed battle axe with a steady grip in both hands as I remembered her previous comment. If she wanted to go for another round, I would be up for it. Cant back down when it comes to protecting Jomei’s feelings. I took a few step backwards and placed entered a battlestance, prepared to explode forward when the duel would start.

My eyes was resting on the lonely blonde woman that stood infront of me. After this terrible action she did a few days ago, she would really be lonely. I guess there wont be many people standing on her side. I thougth to myself as I started to scroll thru menus to send a duel-request. But when I was going to press send my hand froze. Like that I stood for several seconds. It finished with me pressing cancel instead. I went back to my normal stance. ‘’Or actually, why should we go another round? Whats the point?’’ I said and sighed.

• 2 years later...