[SP-F9] Scorched

"Accept it, I want that spear of yours. A tier 1 item that has that much damage, I never heard of such a thing. Hand it over." It was a demanding tone as a total loss duel screen would be sent to him by a hooded player. They seemed to have a lot of ill will against him for having the item that he did, and they seemed to want to fight him over it as well. A total loss duel in order to keep themselves green, just so they could continue to have a good reputation with the system. How lovely. "If you're going to kill me, I'm going to make sure that it's stained on your record for good. We aren't in a safe zone, so I'd be more than happy to lower your health." Sey would declare as he flashed the weapon that the enemy would try to fight for. He would clench his hands on the weapon as the cloaked figure would place it's own spear up, willing to comply. "And to think I could have saved you the embarrassment as well. You're dead, kid." No countdown to give them command, they were doing this on their own.

Spoiler

- Mini Memorilia Spear (Tier 2) - +6 Dmg (Glittering Snowflake Tier Up +1)

-Memorilia Armor (Tier 1) - +3 Mit

-Memorilia S - Pocket Watch (Tier 1) - +3 ACC

Sey: 620/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 62/62 Energy

Cloaked Figure: 420/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit

Edited by Sey

"You are fluent, but that's about it!" He would exclaim as he moved his spear forward as he would look to rush the player in the hood, which would narrowly leap to the side, but Sey continued a barrage of thrusts to try to weaken the vital points of this player. It served to be a lot more difficult task than expected, but it was something to be done in order to get the task done. Their fluent movements were carefully timed, so they seemed to know how to evade, but they did not counter or block. Relying on dodging can only work so well until eventually... "Gotcha!" A sloppy mistake had been made, in which Sey took the stab without even flinching as he swiftly slashed four times once his target stopped moving. The pain burned, surely, but it was not able to do too much to him compared to the four slashes he executed, getting the spear out of his virtual body and causing his opponent to stumble a small amount.

ID: 74018

BD: 2 + 3 ACC + 1 (Concentration) = 6
Sword Art: Dragonfly Cutter - Stun - 4x2 - (11 Energy) - A multiple-hit sword art that chains together four consecutive thrusts.
Dmg: 11 x 4 x 2 = 88 - 15 Mit = 73

MD: 6
Dmg: 100 - 30 Mit - 20 BH = 50 Dmg

Sey: 570/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 52/62 Energy

Cloaked Figure: 347/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit (Stunned)

Edited by Sey

The cloaked enemy would wobble around a little bit, the stun effect taking place. There was a chance for it to dodge him with it’s lackluster movement, but at least Sey did not have to fear any resistance from it. Placing his spear grip tightly, he’d leap forward before being stopped by an erupting geyser in between them as it would blow up right in between them. Clicking his tongue to his teeth, his violet eyes would navigate to the right since it the only direction he could travel towards before leaping off towards that direction around the geyser before his opponent could recover. Sey forgot what grounds he was fighting on, it was extremely dangerous for him to get reckless, or he might end up dead from one of the explosions. It seems the stun was still active when he got to the enemy, before he’d rush it with a nasty impact using Furious Spike and knocking them to the ground.

ID: 74039

BD: 7
Sword Art: Furious Spike (1 x 6)
Dmg: 11 x 1 x 6 = 66 - 15 Mit = 51 Dmg

MD: 1 (Stunned)

Sey: 570/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 47/62 Energy

Cloaked Figure: 296/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit (Stunned)

Edited by Sey

“Argh… What!?” It would question the results of what was going on as it would leap back from the attack before it would try anything further. Sey had his eyes locked however and would continue to pursuit the enemy. “Not going to get away from me that easily!” A declaration he made as he would spin the spear behind his back before leaping up when he pounced onto the weakened target. The cloaked figure would just brace for impact as if it would prevent the incoming pain to occur, since there was no escaping. Perhaps this might have been a moment in which he would slam it into the ground like many other with morals. But this was someone different, and it was not that kind of story. The spear hit him on the shoulder of the opponent, forcing them to drop their weaponry from the shock of the arm.

ID: 74040

BD: 8

MD: 1

Sey: 590/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 42/62 Energy

Cloaked Figure: 245/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit 

Edited by Sey

"Tell me, how long have you gone on raiding weaponry?" Sey would ask as he would place the butt of his spear on the ground for the moment as the cloaked figure would hang it's head down in hearing that question. Perhaps it was just grateful for the nightmare barrage to be put to a halt right now. "I don't want to kill you, don't make that a reality for me." The snow-haired player warned, full-well prepared to give the same treatment that he had been given from the exchange. If they were so willing to kill, then so was his. The cloaked figure would ignore him completely as it would rush him once again with a sudden sword art, which threw him off guard long enough to pierce through his body. But while it was there, he was still able to counter with a swift uppercut with the tip of the weapon, launching his opponent away from him as they landed on their feet, but slid. "Stop making this hard for me!"

ID: 74056

BD: 5 + 3 = 8

MD: 6 + 2 = 8

Sey: 540/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 37/62 Energy

Cloaked Figure: 194/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit

Edited by Sey

"You high-level players do this all the time. Take what you want and leave the crap for the rest of us. I'm tired of asking..." The voice of the cloak was sounding a lot more and more like a male player, their emotion getting in the way of whatever disguise they were trying to set up. Sey took a note of this in his mind, but he was not able to gain any more data from that sentence alone. Anything available would be missed as he was attacked yet again by a barrage of spear strikes yet again as he would end up taking a severe amount of damage again, health lowering immensely for sure. But at least he was able to take the hit and return it one the Furious Spike of his own to launch the cloaked player once again. "I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I'm not even that high level of a player, and stop stereotyping! That's not what players did to us at all!"

ID: 74057

Dmg: 13 x 1 x 6 = 78 - 15 Mit = 63 Dmg

MD: 5 + 2 = 7

Sey: 490/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 32/62 Energy

Cloaked Figure: 131/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit

Edited by Sey

"You don't even admit it, that's makes you the worst kind at all. Not all of us could focus on becoming stronger from the start!" The man would exclaim boldly as Sey thought he saw a little reflection inside of the hood. Not his Gatherer skill, but it was that of a genuine tear. A tear that welled down the cheek of the hooded figure. Something personal must have happened. Maybe he got ganged up on and ended up with a few bad deals to save his life. Regardless though, trying to rob him was not going to do anything. And Sey was the one with the upper hand this fight. The man sliced with the spear in an attempt to strike, but a faint sorrow cry would emit from the man as he would try to slice a few times, all of the attacks sloppy and unable to do the task. In return, the snow-haired player held back, but still executed the Furious Spike attack and launched him once again, this time knocking the hood down.

ID: 74059

MD: 1

Sey: 490/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 27/62 Energy

Cloaked Figure: 80/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit

Edited by Sey

"Are you not even listening to me!? Why are you trying so hard to kill me!?" Sey would exclaim in a bit of rage now. His violet eyes were glaring as the man with the brunette hair would dance towards him, or something that was much less graceful rather. A few bits of water dropped onto the ground before he lashed a few clumsy attacks, this time, they were all so slow, as if they were not being given any effort. Naturally, the snow-haired player would easily dodge them for a bit before then returning his own attack, another Furious Spike to reduce his opponent down to the red zone, showing that he could not be beaten in this fight. The man just screamed while lying on the ground in pain. "Ha! Do it then! Take me to see my brother then, and be like those other players! Just like everyone else, murdering to get what they wanted... Ethan... You all took Ethan from me!"

ID: 74062

BD: 7 + 3 = Non-Critical 10

MD: 2 + 2 = 4

Sey: 510/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 22/62 Energy

Cloaked Figure: 29/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit

Edited by Sey

The man was not going to fight anymore, he could full well see that. It was useless at this point, and it seems like the battle came to an end. The brunette just laid on the ground, as still as a sleeping child, but with the tears of an abused one. The most ugly tears would emit from his face, probably from pain. Or fear. Or... Both? Somehow, there were doubts on that theory. Sey raised his spear up into the air to finish the task, but upon looking down onto the opponent before... He could not bring himself to do it. His rage had been lifted upon seeing that face lying on the ground as his body was full of fresh wounds. The snow-haired player instead slammed the weapon next to his body into the ground of the rock, allowing it to break under the force. "Why do you steal from other players? As if they had done something wrong, I was just trying to get materials, and you wanted a fight..."

Sey: 510/620 l 11 Dmg l 30 Dmg l +3 Acc l +20 BH l 22/62 Energy (Refuses to end)

Cloaked Figure: 29/420 l 100 Dmg l +2 Acc l 15 Mit (Accepts defeat)

But there was nothing but a silence for the moment. Nothing seemed to be said based on what the man was doing, just simply lying on the ground. But he was willing to play the game. It was not like there was a life on the line or anything in the process. Of course, without an answer or not, while the leverage was in his favor, Sey was more than willing to use intimidation to get the answers that he wanted. But of course, he was not going to kill him, not while he did not have to. Sure, he was ambitious to make things good for him and the others might not end up benefiting from it, but he did not like the option of killing another player, especially when he had that option full-well under control. That was something that not even his selfishness was willing to get past. It was just not in his nature.

Edited by Sey

"Come on then, kill me. I know that sort of weapon, I use it too. The one-handed spear... It was the two-handed one that got my brother killed you know. While the pricks started early in the game, I took care of my brother and tried to give him the normal life I couldn't give." The man would explain as he looked to the side before trying to pick up his own spear, trying to strike it in himself only for Sey to knock it straight out of his hand with a kick, nothing special of a kick, but it had enough force to cause it to lie on the ground. The snow-haired player would look down onto the man. "Go on, you have a story to tell. I'm trying to get my final slot for the one-handed spear, maybe this might be an interesting story. Consider it from a spear user to a spear user, and stop looking at the levels. That's just going to piss you off." And once again, he was curious about something, it was in his nature.

ID: 74071

MD: 2 + 2 = 4

Edited by Sey

“What more am I going to tell you!? You high-leveled pricks took him from me!” At this point, he was just getting annoying. Sey did not know whether or not this man was trying to tell him something, or he had gone to the point of insanity in which his words were chosen poorly and his objective became completely unclear. Regardless, he did need to know what Sey thought. “So you went to great lengths to try to steal my weaponry? And what good would have done for you?” The snow-haired player would ask with his head tilted to the side. He kept his voice as calm as he could when asking these questions. Triggering emotions was easy when it came to a broken player. At least he learned a bit though, he was masked to prevent himself from being recognized from whoever killed “Ethan”, in which he could assume was the brother mentioned.

The man would just glare at him when he asked the question, but no fear would emit from his body. There was no reason to fear anyone when they were beaten in the game, no matter how high they are in the game. "You have a weapon, and I want it. The power.... I need it to kill you and every high leveled player... You arent high you say? You made it to the second tier, somewhere that many others could only dream to get towards. Yet you got it... And I will never forgive you for it." so because a gang of players went to kill his brother, he wanted to kill them and every other player around their level. Sey had a feeling that a player and a human in the real world had differenr liberties, where genocide would not be the thought of the common man when theu ended up losing a person to a killer. Police and detectives get on the scene, but neither of the two are there. So they have to do it themselves.

“I must say, you have quite the interesting pick. I only started two months ago, yet you act as if I have been doing this for years. My spear helped me get through it, but only because I gave that much attention as well.” Sey would explain as he would look to the weapon in his hand, noticing how it was much better than the trash that he had been given in the beginning, the starter spear. And he had been forced to stick with that for such a long time as well, so it was not really fair for this man to try to kill and try to get his weapon that way. It took a lot of hard work to obtain it, all for nothing as he would end up dying if things went the wrong way. A selfish mind was something they both shared, but at least Sey knew better than to kill others for his wishes.

“You lie! No player could ever get up that high in two months!” And yeah, that was probably the case as well. No player alone can do the trick, there was no doubts about it. Well, it was going to take them a lot more than a couple of months for them actually, but that was if they were working alone. Sey had many people helping him get stronger. He could have been prepared to cause genocide, yet still get up with the help of others, just because he knew how to approach people. He would let out a disappointed sigh upon hearing this. “Dude, there is a reason why there are other players here in this game. To start off on your own is the hardest task. So if you hear any “high-leveled” players saying otherwise, then know that it’s all a lie. Expect to fight, and working hard to get to your goal.”

“This spear is definitely good at inflicting damage, I will be honest with you. But I am working hard to grandmaster it, learn everything that it can do. And that skill, thanks to you, is nearly there. But I need to do one thing, realizing what the true strength is.” He’d look down to the man, who bore him with his own eyes as the brunette would remain frozen on the ground. It was not a shock to see this sight honestly, it was not that hard to pick into the minds of those who were not stable. It left them speechless for the moment if they knew they were grounded, giving him enough time to capitalize. “But any fool could have the highest tier of weaponry, but if they can’t hit their target, it’s useless. It’s not the weapon like you assume it is, but it is simply the skill of the one using it.”

Edited by Sey

“Easy for you to say, acting like you have all the time in the world to do such a thing! I want them dead now! And waiting around like a frozen sheep is not going to do anything! It’s useless! Just… Give me your weapon… I’ll pay you what little col I have for it…” Oh man was the player good at making deals in the worst of times. Had he not deal with Sey, he might have gotten the deal done. But this was indeed the snow-haired player, and he was not going to overlook it so easily. After all of this, and he really thought the weapon was truly what made a player strong. Sure, he was able to inflict a heavy amount of damage per hit, but that did not mean anything, for he missed his target pretty often despite it having no evasion. And the hits could have been way harder than what was displayed.

“What would Ethan think of you right now if he saw you like this…? Has raising him taught you to murder people? To get revenge?” He would explain as he would walk over to the fallen player on the ground, waiting to see how he would respond to the question. It was a question of morals and seeing how broken the psychology of the player was. Sey would then hold it out in front of him to examine it before then bring it over to the fallen player. “Make something to make him proud. I don’t think he would like for you to kill everyone just for him. A spear-wielder is a unique one, why would you try to kill the rest of them? After all, we are high on energy and damage infliction, so why ruin something that beautiful? Come on man, I know you know what I mean.”

“You’re right…” The man would admit all of a sudden… A bit too sudden, and Sey didn’t like that aspect out of his. His voice did not even stutter when saying that, he just went along with it. Still though, if there was an agreeance to it… He would give the man his weapon back into the hands of the man before Sey would look to him. “You okay? Sorry for the loss man, but you now know what you need to do now. It’s up to you to make that choice, all right?” They were now officially outside of the battle system since neither of them inflicted damage onto each other. Sey would look to find and HUD screen in front of him all of a sudden, giving him a simple message. Experienced, Quest Successful. Weapon “One-Handed Spear” Grandmastered.” And with that, he was officially able to hit the goal for winning that battle against another spear-lancer

“Oh, I sure do.” The man would say with a cracked voice at the end of it. The HUD was blocking his way, but upon hearing that broken tone, Sey would raise his arm out to him as he noticed that the spear had been placed to the head of the man, as he would then give himself the finishing blow. The snow-haired player tried to stop it from happening, leaping. But his speed as not enough to stop him as the weapon clicked with his body, bringing the man from the red zone… To an empty health bar. The man’s name would appear above his head along with a <Dead> title next to it before… “You IDIOT! Why did you do that!? I don’t have a revival item!” Sey would exclaim with clenched teeth as he fell next to the grounded man as he would then look back up to him. “I’ll get to see him again in hell… And I hope that you and every other player in this game rot in hell…” Such spite, even after all of that chat they had, all of it for nothing as his body would then shatter into pieces of data. “…” His weapon had been mastered, and yet there he was, not even able to save a player from the brink of insanity