[PP-NK-F1] Treasure Hunting? (Dominion and Row) <<Secret Medicine of The Forest>>

Dominion was given the all clear by Row, but he didn't hear her. He had sat down where he once stood to calm down his spirit. He opened his eyes to see that Row had managed to strike the Nepent. "Yep, you sure hit it. That gives me the all clear." Dominion stood up and clenched his fist. He bolted forward, both his fist weapons covering the backside of his hands. Once he got close to the Nepent, he grabbed onto a vine and swung his way up, quickly reaching a tree above. From there, Dominion's fist weapons glowed a yellow hue. He grabbed onto a branch with one hand and swung his body up. He stood atop the branch for a brief second before jumping off of the branch and landing atop the Nepent once again. Dominion raged while atop the Nepent's head, landing two fist strikes that shook the plant. Dominion rolled onto his feet again, having lost his rage after landing the second strike, but the damage had already been done. 

ID# 75935 | BD: 10 (Critical Success) 2+2=4 Dmg to Nepent, + Bleed and Paralyzed | MD: 4 (miss)

Nepent 47/140 hp, 2/2 BLD, 1/1 PAR
Row 100/100 hp 5/10 en hate: 6
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 en  hate: 6

Edited by Dominion
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Row watched as Dom followed up with another strong blow. What ever he was doing was surely working. The beast was stunned again shortly after Row dodged it's vine attack. It also was bleeding again which meant it would not be long before the creature would die. If they both could keep up this pace, the creature would be dead in a few more rounds. Before she could enjoy the show, she saw the creatures attention shift if only for a brief moment. Was that attack too powerful? Row let out a sigh and raised her ax. Even though they had a few turn, it did not mean she could lighten up on tanking. In fact, it only meant she had more time to grab aggro safety.

ID# 76087 results:  Battle: 1

Before she could do so, she ended up tripping again. She looked around not knowing what she tripped on, only to see the vines just lying around. "The heck... stupid vine."

Nepent 47/140 hp, 2/2 BLD, 1/1 PAR
Row 100/100 hp 4/10 en hate: 6

Edited by Row

Forgoing action, Nepent is paralyzed

Dominion was done raging, his anger completely spent. Dominion thought he would have heard something from the ground, but he only heard a thud from the ground. Well, Row must have landed a hit, but the health bar didn't change. Dominion decided to check over the side of the Nepents head, only to see her on the ground again. ?? What is she doing ?? Dominion saw the batch of vines, somewhat entangled around her feet. Oh... that sucks. Dominion made sure to check and make certain that the mob was paralyzed before jumping off. He landed with his legs bent and rolled forward. He quickly was back up, walking over to Row. *Yawns* "I am pretty tired. I'm gonna take a quick break next to the tree over there. Whenever you have attracted enough damage, call me over." Dominion offered his golden plated hand to Row once again.

Nepent 35/140 hp, 1/2 BLD, 0/1 PAR
Row 100/100 hp 4/10 en hate: 6

Edited by Dominion

Row sat up and angled her axe to cut the vines which was over her foot. As of now, she was more worried about being seen as clumsy vs dying to this stupid mob. As she freed herself, she noticed Dom jumping down from the creatures head. Since the mob was paralyzed, they did not have much to worry about. She saw him yawn as he held out his hand. "Tck, don't get sloppy Dom... we shouldn't underestimate an opponent. Every hunt should be taken seriously." She pulled her self up using his hand. Then she readied her gear and charged at the creature.

ID# 76174 results: Battle: 6+2: 1 dmg

Since it was not moving, there was no way she could miss. She swung her ax hard at its base while screaming. The creature's attention was completely back on her though another big attack from Dom might change that. At this rate though, she doubt either of them would be in trouble now. "Dom lets finish this. The plant thing is too weak to kill us now."

Nepent 34/140 hp, 1/2 BLD,
Row 100/100 hp 4/10 en hate: 7

Edited by Row

Dominion just grinned when he heard Row tell him not to underestimate an opponent. "I am pretty sure I didn't underestimate this Nepent. I am just tired, thats all." Dominion watched her run forward and slice the Nepent with her ax. Dominion saw the health drop by a small margin, but she then told him to finish the battle and that the mob was too weak. Dominion didn't understand. "But I thought you just told me not to underestimate my enemies?", Dominion would have asked another question, but a vine came down and struck Rows shield. Dominion lifted up his arms and charged forward. However, before he could get close enough to the main body, a vine came down on him. He lifted his left hand up and split the vine, red particles showering down from above him. The health bar of the Nepent dropped to a small red bar. 

ID# 76179 | BD:7 (hit) 2 DMG | MD:7 (hit) 1 DMG to Row, 14 DMG to Nep. from Thorns +12 DMG from BLD | (34-(12+14+2))=6

Nepent 6/140 hp, 0/2 BLD,
Row 100/100 hp 4/10 en hate: 7
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 en  hate: 7 

Edited by Dominion

"Falling asleep in the middle of battle... If i was the stupid plant, I would be highly pissed off. However, I guess that can be taken as a complement since you trust my tanking skills that much. Tehe." Row raised her shield to push off the vines which attacked her from above. After wards, the man attacked the creature and its health was in the red. A good hit from either of them would spell the end of the beast. When he questioned her order, she only chuckled. "With your damage output, this beast should be dead in 1 more hit. I trust you won't let me down." With that she charged at the beast and jumped into the air.

ID# 76332 results: Battle: 5 + 2 (1 dmg)

She let out another scream as her ax came down and struck the creature yet again. Now the only way for Dom to be in trouble is to land a killing blow. However such a blow would kill the creature so it was a win win. 

Nepent 5/140 hp, 0/2 BLD,
Row 100/100 hp 4/10 en hate: 8

Edited by Row

Dominion had split the vine above him, leaving nothing but a row of vines on the ground to hinder his path. Dominion started to move forward but realized that he should never have moved. Even with his abilities, being tired wouldn't help that he could not evade a vine from above. This specific vine was one which aimed only to catch his foot from behind and lurched him forward. It happened at regular speed, which was probably the worst part. He was now dangling from one leg upside down. Dominion just crossed his arms and couldn't help but smile as his body spun around, his hair spiking down toward the ground. "What a bummer, looks like you get to finish it off" Dominion saw a giant vine come from the mass and struck Row directly. This vine was a weird shade of purple/green. It came down with such speed that Dominion didn't know if it actually happened. Row was knocked to the side by the force of such a vine, but it suddenly recoiled back up into the trees.

ID# 76412 | BD:1 (Critical Fail) | MD:10 (Critical Success) 1 Dmg to Row |

Nepent 5/140 hp
Row 99/100 hp 4/10 en hate: 8

Edited by Dominion

The vine was too fast. With its speed and intensity, she was unable to raise her shield in time and thus was launched into a nearby tree. Once again her armor protected her from a really dangerous blow. Looking up, she saw that a certain someone failed to kill the plant creature and thus it was up to her. Now would be the time for him to get caught up in the weeds. "Well, I won't complain about getting the treasure. It is my specialty after all." With that, Row picked herself up and ran towards Dom. She jumped up and cut through the vine that held him in mid air. Then she charged at the plant creature.

ID# 76601 results: (so close)  Battle: 8+ 2 (1 dmg) 

She came down on the creature with a powerful strike. Her ax dug into the creature though it was not deep enough to inflict bleeding. "Well Dom, you might still get the last hit."

Nepent 4/140 hp
Row 100/100 hp 4/10 en hate: 9
Dom 280/280 hp 26/28 en  hate: 7

Edited by Row

Dominion fell down onto the ground, his upper back taking the impact of the fall. Dominion didn't say anything, as there was no noticeable pain. He just rolled over so that his hands were beneath him and pushed his torso off the ground like a reverse push-up. When he was back up, he caught a glimpse of Row successfully attacking the Nepent. It was hit by the ax, which split the particles, but did not cause the bleed effect. Dominion shrugged. Maybe he would get the chance for the last hit anyways. Dominion ran forward, having a slow start from the vine entanglement. He crossed behind Row and struck a punch. Dominion thought he had done enough damage as there was no health bar left. Dominion didn't notice that the nepent actually did have health left, but it was so low that he overlooked it. Dominion backed up slightly, wondering how the Nepent was still alive. 

ID# 76603 | BD:6 (hit) 2 Dmg | MD:3 (miss) |

Nepent 2/140 hp
Row 100/100 hp 4/10 en hate: 9
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 en  hate: 8

Edited by Dominion

The beast was still alive. Row could not help but giggle when Dom failed to kill it. Now it was her turn to go for the finishing blow. She figure the creature was very weak since it did not attack her and given its health bar, was close to being dead. Who knew how many more hits it could take. Hopefully it would be just one. She pulled her ax out of the plant but held on tight. Seeing another vine in the air, she made an attempt to leap to it.

ID# 76608 results: Battle: 1

The plant saw her attempt and moved its vine just out of reach. Row clenched her teeth as she feel to the ground into a mess of vines. Once again, it would seem that Dom would get the last hit. At this point it did not matter to her, as the plant just needed to die. They were so close. Hope did not leave her eyes though, as their was still a way she could get her last hit in.

Nepent 2/140 hp
Row 100/100 hp 3/10 en hate: 9

Edited by Row

Technically, Dominion did not get the last hit. However, neither did Row. The Nepent got the last hit. Dominion was close enough to the main mass of vines that he could hit just about any one of them and defeat the it. So Dominion chose a vine and slashed through it with his right hand. The Nepent did not react to this at all, which surprised Dominion. Suddenly, while Row was on the ground, a vine came down and swept across the ground, a direct hit on Row. Dominion turned to see the Nepent suddenly pixilate from the attack and a grin appeared on his face. "I wouldn't suppose you got the last hit." Dominion shrugged as Col and a mat dropped from the mob. "Either way, we have one defeated and we need another like this and then the boss... hopefully." Dominion walked over to where Row was knocked to the ground and extended his arm for the third time. "You are an impressive tank. I am not sure I could take as many direct hits as you did and defeat the Nepent at the same time... is that a passive aggressive ability?" Dominion was actually surprised that she was able to do so well. Then he realized that didn't get to use his first aid but once. "You do your job so well, I don't get to do mine!" Dominion laughed at this. He wouldn't get to use his own first aid ability since she healed up so quickly.

ID# 76629 | MD:5 (miss) | MD: 7 (hit) 1 DMG to Row, 14 thorns DMG to Nepent | LD:17 (+1 From Row's LD bonus) (5x140)=700 Col

Nepent 0/140 hp  (700 Col and T1 Mat)
Row 100/100 hp 3/10 en hate: 9

Edited by Dominion

((OOC: Wont let me edit the above post so i am re posting here))

It did not take long for the creature to react to Row's failed attack. As it raised it's vine, Row noticed the shadow and gripped her shield. She refused to let the creature get the jump on her like it did the last attack. This was going to be its final attack. The creature dropped its vine and Row rolled to her back and raised her shield. The creature struck it and then froze. Seconds later, it rapidly evaporated into pixels. The fight was finally over. Row exhaled one final breath before dropping to the ground. While nobody was ever in danger, it was still a long and hard fight.

"It still counts as my last hit Dom. It was my shield that killed it after all." She laughed while lying on the ground. His next comment was not something to laugh at. "I think we need to kill 3 more. Still, can we take a breather. That fight was so long. I almost regret not having a sword skill." She did not even look to see if the boss dropped anything. Dom was there to protect the spoils and she really needed to quick break.

Edited by Row

Dominion decided to sit down, giving himself a chance to rest and think. The battle went surprisingly well for the two of them. He did not disagree with taking a break, but he didn't want spoils of a battle to go away, especially since Row would want them later. Dominion accepted the spoils into his inventory for the time being, and returns to sit down beside where Row lies. He crossed his legs and put his fists together in front of his abdomen. Concentrating there, Dominion closed his eyes and thought. Dominion had just recently discussed the idea of hate with Wolfie, someone who seemed to know and understand the subject well. Dominion still couldn't wrap his head around the idea of hate, but he recently underwent anger. Why did I lash out like that? It seemed like it was just, but it also seemed very... wrong? Why don't I ask Wolfie later, maybe he knows anger better than myself...

Edited by Dominion

After Dom sat next to Row, Row opened one of her eyes. She grin when she noticed the guy mediating. Since this was a video game, there would be some people who roleplayed out their characters. She just never met anyone who did. Mediation was a uncommon practice, so she could not help but wonder if he was doing this because he was pretending to be a monk or if he really believed in that stuff. She for sure did not believe as her favorite method for relaxing was counting money. She closed her eyes and rolled to the side so she was facing him. "You are really into this monk theme. Does your family own a shrine or temple?" She rarely if ever visited places like that given the type of people who reside there. They are all about living life for enlightenment or helping others. Neither idea is bad. They both just don't rake in the big yen.

Dominion heard Row say that he fit the monk theme. The monk theme? Did she mean what he wore and how he acted? He was a monk... or at least that was how he grew up. He experienced harsh training and did not get much luxury. However, Dominion learned much about the world through many experiences traveling with his father. How was he supposed to respond to a question about owning a temple? Sure, they dwelled the majority of his childhood in a monastery, but that didn't mean that his family owned anything. Dominion opened his eyes and looked down at Row. "No, my dad was a monk, or so I came to believe. We left that lifestyle, living with the monks in the monastery when I was about 8 or 9, and we traveled the world. I am still not sure why we left." A question popped into Dom's mind. Dominion was completely innocent when he asked this, as he thought most people would reflect their true self in the game "Didn't you search for treasure in the real world?"

Row rolled back onto her back and giggled. "Treasure hunter in real life... Sounds like the ultimate fantasy life for a geek like me." She smiled though she did not move around much from her position. She slightly open her eyes to get a glimpse at the sky hoping it would give her some advice on how to explain her story. She was nowhere near as interesting as a traveling monk. She lived in a normal Japanese family and had a somewhat normal Japanese life, for a nerd. If she could describe her aspirations in life in one word, it would be money. Though it was a very raw way to cut it, it was not exactly wrong. "When I was little I did collect things like buttons and trading cards but I wouldn't compare that to treasure hunting. Its also a hobby that I grew out of very fast." She decided to end her story there. She knew her sin very well and it was one that kept very few friends. It was a trait that most guys did not find qualitative in a girl but it was her. She believed her only saving grace was her lack of desire for expensive things which she used as an excuse not to change. "Still, to think I would meet a real life monk in a video game. These are the treasures that are the most worth wild." Too bad you can sell them.  "How does one who seek enlightenment find their selves in something like a VRMMORPG?"  

Edited by Row

Seeking enlightenment? Dominion was not accustomed to that phrase before. "I wouldn't say that I seek enlightenment unless you mean an understanding of everything." Dominion said with a smile. "As for finding myself in a... ", Dominion had never heard that term before. "What is a VRMMORPG?" Dominion asked this really confused. "I could have sworn SAO was called a virtual... or video game... ", Dominion looked at the ground. "A friend by the name of Solomon told me to. He was from the middle east... I don't know much more about him. We met in the Americas, and he had gotten two game consol... things. However, he is no longer... prevalent in the game. The last time I saw him, he was running headlong into the grasslands of the first floor on game day" Dominion was not sad by this, as he got over it rather quickly. Dominion recalled a word he had heard from Row. "What do you mean by calling yourself a Geek? Is that some sort of alternate term for ethnicity?", Dominion still sat up with his legs crossed, but he moved his hands to either side of him in order to support him as he began to lean back.

"I think enlightenment is about inner peace and being one with everything. That or growing out 4 extra arms, going bald, and becoming a golden statue." She giggled at her joke. Given his uncertainty of the word, she doubt the monk would be offended. However, she nearly felt offended when Dom asked his question. "What do you mean, 'What is a VRMMORPG'?" She immediately sat up think she was dreaming but she was not. The guy really did not know. "VRMMORPG is an acronym, Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. It is a genre of video games. Did you not read about it before playing?" When Dom mentioned America and Middle east, more questions popped up in her head, but that would come later because his finally question was the ultimate proof that he was a true newb in video games. "How do you not know these things and yet be trapped in here. Did you not go to public schools at all?" She covered her face one one hand while getting up. "Young grasshopper, you have much to learn."

Dominion had just gotten down to look up at the sky when she gave him the definition of a VRMMORPG. Dominion couldn't even remember the letters very well, especially when she said it so quick. Dominion didn't quite know what a public school was, but he knew that he was going to school... even If it was only for a couple days. "Yeah... nope" Dominion said, only to hear Row getting up."Young grasshopper, you have much to learn." Dominion couldn't hold back a grin. He remembered a monk that talked similar to that, but he didn't want to mention it. She did almost a perfect imitation. "If you know so much, you should teach me", Dominion said this while looking up at the sky. So, Row was already getting back up. Dominion had gotten just enough rest over their small break, and would be ready for combat to ensue at any time. However, he remained on the ground for a few more seconds to watch the canopy of leaves shift above.

She folded her arms a little disappointed the man was not a geek or nerd at all. It would really make it hard to quickly communicate and coordinate. She could understand it though, given he was a monk. It was just that, being a monk inside of a video game was just so, uncommon. If she had a big enough cage, she would put him in there and sell off tickets to other players to watch his monkness. She was sure she could make a pretty yen for a good 4 months at least. If he knew some interesting tricks or martial arts, then that would only further bloat up her worth. Suddenly she shook her head and slapped her own cheeks. She was not that heartless. She should not think like that or else she would never have a friend again. She turned over to Dom and shook her head again still baffled. "Normally I would charge for my services but since we are friends, I guess I could help you out for free." She smiled and offered her hand hoping he would accept her assistance with picking him up. "First rule of being 733T. Everyone talks in Acronyms."