(PP-F1) A Starting Point (With Beat and Korrina-San)

Laslow had been sitting around Starting City for a while now and hadn't wanted to leave for a while. He knew he couldn't go out on his own, that would most likely result in death for him. He stood up once again and stepped away from the bench he was sitting at, perhaps today was the day he would finally get to meet someone who would go and train with him. The city looked nice and all to him, but it just wasn't his sort of thing to sit around idly by while other players did all the work. He figured he would find a player to train with at the border of the town, where the safe zone ended. There should be at least one player at the border. "Hello! Anybody there?" Laslow shouted out when he arrived at the gate, which separated the town and the fields. He looked both ways just to see if there was someone there hopefully.

Beat walked towards the city gate, checking his menus and making sure he wouldn't run into too much trouble after leaving the safe zone. There was never any guarantee of safety, but the first couple of floors were considered fairly safe. Monsters were good training without being too dangerous and player killers rarely hung out this low dues to the lack of valuables to be had. It was fortunate that there were "safe havens" in this game, even outside of official safe zones. When he reached the gate, he heard a call from another player, turning, he saw who he assumed had been speaking. He approached and gave a small wave. 

"Hi, are you looking for someone in particular?"

Aside from Shield, Beat knew very few people in Sword Art Online. He did see some usernames that looked familiar from Crossreign, but with so many players, it was hard to tell who it actually was. Any allies one could make in a game where your life was completely on the line, the better. 

Korrina had been wandering around the floor 1 city for quite some time looking for a training partner or two. She had little tolerance for most people, but she had to cooperate for a bit until she was strong enough to go out on her own. Floor 1 was almost an entire safe zone. PKs are rare on the floor since everyone is around the same level and it is just too risky. Only when you first start out are the monsters a threat. She had found herself walking to the exit gate once again trying to find a training partner. Then she heard a player shouting out. Korrina immediately turned to the voice's direction and walked towards it. "Hey! Who are you looking for?" Korrina asked as she read to the player's nametag above their head. "Laslow huh?" she said to herself as she put a smile on her face and walked up to Laslow.

Laslow was quickly greeted with two responses from two players. He turned to his right and waved back at Beat. Beat seemed friendly enough. Laslow walked over to Beat and stuck his hand out to shake, "I'm not looking for anyone in particular chap. I was just, looking for someone to train with. My name is Laslow by the way if you hadn't checked my name tag."  Laslow introduced himself with a small smile. Looking serious when you are meeting someone just isn't right to Laslow, it makes it look like you don't like the person. Laslow turned to his right to see a small girl with blue hair running towards him. She seemed a bit more energetic than Beat, but something about her didn't seem quite right. "Hello miss. Care to join us?" Laslow asked the girl ran up to him.

Locking in character state since entry into thread

Spoiler

- Stats -

[Level: 5]   [HP: 100/100]   [Energy: 10/10]   [Dmg: 4 (1 Skill + 3 Weapon Base)]   [Acc: 0]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0]

Skills -

SP: 12 | SP Used: 5 | SP Unused:

Spoiler

- Non-combat -

- Passive -

Combat -

- Weapon skills -

Martial Arts [Extra Skill]: 1/5

- Sword Arts -

Spoiler

RANK 1
Flash Blow - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A basic right hook aimed for the target's jaw.
Embracer - 1x1 - Stun - (4 Energy) - An unarmed sword art that pierces the enemy with the fingers.
Aggressive Twins - 2x1 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A fast combination of left and right jabs.

- Inventory -

Spoiler

- Currency -

10,325 Col

- Materials -

T1 Materials: 10x

- Items -

Hide contents

Green Dragon Ring: +2 LD

Hide contents

Name: Green Dragon Ring

Your Profession: Artisan

Your Rank: 5

ID: 55845

Roll: 9+1

Item Type: Lucky Charm
Tier: 1

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: Loot Dice +2

Description: A small dragon that resembles a wyvern sculpted out as a ring. The dragon is made from a green gem and is slightly transparent. Makes the user very curious.

Beat glanced to Laslow's name tag as he acccpted the gentleman's handshake and, sure enough, his name was there. In all of the chaos that ensued after Kayaba's announcement, he had been solely focused on gaining strength, something he realized was a mistake. Relationships and connections were important when a game where death was designed into the game as a very real possibility and was also permanent. It certainly added an unwelcome level of realism to the game. He was pleased that Laslow was interested in training, something he was always happy to take part in. He gave Korrina a polite nod in greeting as she introduced herself, smiling before he spoke.

"Nice to meet you both. Training sounds like fun. I could certainly use the experience. What level are the two of you? I'm level 5."  

He wasn't bragging in the slightest, not that five levels was anything to brag about. He was simply establishing the strength of their group before deciding exactly how much to take on. Even training had its risks if one wasn't careful. 

Edited by Beat

Laslow felt a bit embarrassed now that he knew that Beat was level 5 and that Laslow was asking him to be a partner. "I'm only level 1, I haven't left this town ever since the game started out of fear." Laslow explained as he scratched his head with a chuckle. Hopefully Beat wouldn't mind much that he was only level 1. After this training, he should be higher than level 1 if things go well. "I do hope that my level will not get in the way." Laslow stated and placed his hands by his side. Korrina was already there with them and Laslow nodded with Beat at her. Laslow was hoping that she was not level 1, otherwise it would be more of a drag to Beat instead of being partners. Korrina seemed like a good player, young, but hopefully not corrupted by Sword Art Online.