SP - F4 Shattering the Concept of Absolutism <<Absolute Zero>> (Completed)

As per most days on the fourth floor, there was gentle snowfall as a familiar blue-haired player appeared at the teleportation plaza within Snowfrost Town. Even with the colder temperature compared to other floors, it didn't seem to affect him much. Part of that was because he had grown accustomed to the chill when his wife's artisan shop was originally placed here. The second, much more logical, reason was that he had the <<Survival>> skill, which allowed anyone possessing it to shrug off harsh temperatures that could potentially harm you.

Giving a small exhale a dense cloud of fog appeared in front of him as Calrex made his way towards the gates leading away from the safe zone, in the direction of the new quest for the floor.

"Certainly been some time since I last took on the Avalanche quest on this floor. Now it seems we've found a second part to its story, where it has returned even more powerful than before. That being said, it's not exactly like I've been sitting on my thumbs this entire time, heh."

The thought brought a smirk to the Ultramarine Knight's face before recomposing himself, bringing his right hand forward to swipe down and summon the user menu, "First things first like every fight, determine what gear I should bring to maximize my chance at success..."

As Calrex exited out of the gates, making his way into the field zones surrounding the settlement he continued to look at his menu, swiping through and pressing what items he wanted to bring, "Geezes...I can't believe I actually got used to this interface. I didn't really think about it to now...but getting to our items and equip is significantly slower than other games. It looks nice, but nesting menus within menus wastes precious seconds. I'd almost prefer to as it appear to whatever side and be expanded, like having all of my gear and the like viewable at once."

Scratching the back of his head with his left hand the bluenette gave a sigh as he finalized the rest of his gear. He had certainly amassed a lot of things to sort through, namely his skill mods. He had something for practically every skill he had taken up, and some were extremely situational. "Oh well...I guess they may have been good ideas at the time."

Giving a stretch he glanced upwards, seeing that his blue peregrine falcon familiar had materialized above in a flash of light, his partner soaring ahead already knowing where they were going. "Alright, better get this stuff equipped."

His avatar flashed white multiple times as he first encapsulated himself in his Grand Chariot II armor, the deep-sea blue frame surrounding him as he gave a glance around, making sure he wasn't hindered by the helmet. Second came the Tide Pendant, which rested gently around his neck as he felt his body feel a bit lighter, "Going from rumors the new Avalanche is larger and stronger, but also slower. I guess upgrades have their own downsides in this game for balance. If that's the case, then I won't need to worry about supplying much of my own accuracy. I just need to ensure I endure the least amount of damage. The field effect supposedly chills you down and restricts your movement, so I can offset that partially with the Tide Pendant. Finally, with him being a large single target..."

In time with his thoughts the Grand Gauntlets II surrounded his forearms, his striking implements now ready for battle, "I can focus all of my damage with these."

Spoiler

Calrex Stats:
HP: 1575
EN: 156
DMG: 15
ACC: 2
EVA: 2
MIT: 48
Thorns: 28

Gear:
Grand Gauntlets II (T2): +3 DMG
Grand Chariot II (T2): +1 MIT / +2 Thorns
Tide Pendant: +2 EVA / +1 Loot Dice

At Ready:
Grand Guard II (T2): +2 MIT / +1 Heavy Momentum
Grand Blade II (T2): +3 DMG
5x Safeguard Potion
1x Basic Teleportation Crystal
1x Tiger's Rage Potion: +2 DMG for one thread
1x Monkey Agility Potion : +1 EVA for one thread
1x Woodland Armor (T2): +30 MIT (3 charges) 

Active Skill Mods:
Athletics (Heavy Armor)
Vengeful Riposte (Parry)
Bull Rush (Charge)
Precision (Martial Arts)
Safe Guard (Block)

His battle gear now equipped the bluenette continued forward, glancing every once and a while down at his map to keep track of the supposed location of the new field boss. As he moved forward the scenery certainly seemed to change themes, going from a wintry forest to a frozen tundra, "Supposedly they found it at a lake...but I have yet to see an unfrozen body of water anywhere. Not even a sheet of ice indicating a frozen lake."

Giving a small sigh another condensed cloud formed in front of his face. Looking upwards Calrex's eyes scanned as Roc came down, unfortunately with a rough landing. It seemed the further out they went, the harsher the winds were at the altitude he was flying at. Simultaneously, the cold was causing his wings to chill, along with snow that had stuck to his feathers. Rustling his body the peregrine falcon stayed still for a few moments before glancing up at the young man.

With a nod Calrex understood. It was difficult to continue moving, since the bird of prey had come from the warmer climate, so the freezing winter temperatures must have worn him down. Gesturing to his shoulder the Ultarmarine Knight allowed his partner to perch on his shoulder in order to rest.

Taking the offer Roc flew up to the pauldron, gently clamping his claws into the metal piece, "Hopefully we get out of this weather soon, or we'll need to stop and take a rest soon."

Continuing to press forward Calrex peered through the eye slits of the Grand Chariot II's helmet, from the outside his eyes merely being a pair of light blue slashes across the helmet, devoid of any structure that would further indicate an eye. This proved useful, as it kept the snow from getting into his eyes  and hindering his vision. The wind continued to whip around, with Roc occasionally having difficulty staying perched on the bluenette's shoulder.

However, as they took a few more steps, the harsh weather seemed to almost immediately die away. Coming over the top of a snowy hill the duo looked forward. The expanse in front of them reached far and wide, the setting's scope seemingly endless. Taking a small hop forward Calrex slid down the side of the hill leading down into the basin-like structure.

Right as his armor's right sabaton touched the ground a series of cracks traveling along the surface echoed out, causing the armored player to almost immediately crouch in anticipation. Going from the distance the crackling carried, a large stretch of the snow-covered ground was frozen ice. "Roc, better get airborne for now..."

Understanding the blue peregrine falcon flapped his wings, the snow that had built up on him immediately falling off as the bird of prey went into the air, hovering overhead.

Giving a calming breath Calrex straightened his stance, "Alright, best be careful he..."

Right as the Ultramarine Knight was getting ready to move forward, a loud rumble echoed out from further ahead. Looking forward he saw huge pieces of ice fly left and right, immediately changing the landscape from a smooth frozen lake surface to a stretch of jagged, dangerous ice islands floating in a refreezing body of water. Amongst the chaos a gigantic creature stood out, even larger now than the original Avalanche. Squinting to make out the name of the creature Calrex gave a small smirk, "Avalanche the Absolute Zero. If I play things right...its health is going to be that."

Clenching his right hand into a fist Calrex and Roc rushed forward, prepared to attack.

ID: 74202
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +2 / Evasion -2) = 13 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 139 Remaining)

Without wasting as he got into striking range Calrex's right fist ignited with the shining blue glow of his <<All Might>> Martial Arts Sword Art. Triggering <<Charge>> at the same time the bluenette leapt off of a large piece of ice, catapulting straight at the field boss' head. As he gained momentum his eyes locked onto the creature's, focusing as he continued to keep his breath steady. After all of his training with Baldur, entering into the mental state of Fudoshin seemed to be growing easier and easier each time. The flurry of emotions that was usually present within him slowly faded into the background as his mind entered into simply focus, the rest being sent into the inner fire within him.

"It's been some time since I've seen this field boss, but all the times before. Don't think I've forgotten about Beleram. Now that you've toughened yourself up, get ready for a little bit of payback."

A small smirk flashed across his face as he felt his single powerful punch to the face connect with the gigantic construct's "cheek" area, large pieces of ice flying off as Avalanche reeled back.

Dropping to the ground after the strike connected the Ultramarine Knight immediately went on the defensive, getting ready to avoid if he had the opening to do so. At the same time he made note of the chilling cold that seemed to suddenly appear out of nowhere. Luckily enough it didn't seem to reach high enough to also prevent Roc from performing his own duty, looking over the field boss for weakpoints of openings for the armored fighter to exploit.

Calrex: 1575/1575 | EN: 139/156

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 610/850 (15+1+5 DMG * 15 Art - 75 MIT = 240 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

ID: 74203
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (Disregarded Due to Stun)

Emerging from beneath the frozen surface of the lake, Avalanche had slowly surveyed what was around its zone of detection. It had sensed that a player was nearby, and a few moments later all of a sudden it felt its head being snapped back from a blow to its left cheek. Due to the way it was constructed, this nearly caused the creature to fall over in surprise.

However, as it turned to retaliate, suddenly it felt all of its limbs refuse to respond, no matter what or how it tried to move. Confirming what had happened with the opening strike the player had inflicted, the massive ice construct saw that it had been stunned.

Unable to move pieces of ice that had been ground and shaved while the creature's joints moved slowly fell like chasms of snow to the freezing waters below.

While it couldn't move limbs or larger body parts, Avalanche's eyes could still move as they scanned across the area below, finally locking onto the deep sea blue armored player that had engaged it in combat.

Calrex: 1575/1575 | EN: 139/156

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 610/850 (15+1+5 DMG * 15 Art - 75 MIT = 240 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

ID: 74474
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 123 Remaining)

"Well, that's a great opening. Better follow through with the advantage."

With the upgraded field boss currently stunned and unable to move, Calrex decided to press the advantage, clenching his right hand into a fist once again as the glow of the <<All Might>> Sword Art encapsulated it. With Roc still keeping his eyes locked on the massive construct the bluenette quickly shot forward, connecting his fist to the creature's "face" area once again.

After another successful attack he leapt back, landing on a piece of ice from the surface of the lake where Avalanche had emerged. "Well that puts a good gap between out health bars. Of course going from the amount of damage I'm doing my health may be much higher than its own. Guess that's another reminder of how many levels over this quest I am."

Lowering his stance to kept stabilize himself on the frozen slab Calrex gave a calming exhale, keeping his eyes locked on the now slowly moving field boss, preparing for its next attack.

Calrex: 1575/1575 | EN: 123/156

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 445/850 (15+1 DMG * 15 Art - 75 MIT = 165 DMG / Stun End)

• 1 month later...

ID: 77848
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8

With its Stun effect now worn off, the massive glacial construct locked its sights on the blue-haired player once again. The small avatar had managed to take off almost half of its health in a few turns, while at the same time receiving no damage as a result of its opening attack. With that its AI had switched into a more aggressive mode, similar to if an animal was cornered. It would forego any defensive measures, attack with as much force as it could muster. How this differed from the typical attack pattern was yet to be seen.

Right as the player landed on a seemingly more unstable piece of ice on the lake a wall of ice in the form of Avalannche's fist came forward, managing to successfully connect with Calrex's form, knocking away a piece of his health. However, at the same time the retaliatory effect of both Thorns and Achilles triggered, taking away another piece of the construct's health, now reducing it to less than half.

Calrex: 1499/1575 | EN: 123/156 (200 - 48 MIT / 2 Achilles = 76 DMG)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 416/850 (28 Thorns + 31 Achilles - 75 MIT = 29 DMG)

ID: 78439
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +2 / Evasion -2) = 5
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 124 Remaining)

The impact of Avalanche's first connecting attack certainly hit hard, but not hard enough that Calrex had to worry just yet. Only about a sixth of his total health was gone, and part of that was recently healed back as a result of his <<Battle Healing>> triggering. It was a minuscule amount due to being only first rank in it, but some health was still better than none. With time he could probably focus on grandmastering it, adding another useful battle skill to his repertoire.

He was ready to attack once again, clenching his right first so that his <<All Might>> Sword Art was ready, but as he prepared to move in he felt his leading foot drop lower than intended as a result of the ice platform he was standing on being tipped under his own weight. It was far too thin for him to get good grounding on. Seeing another nearby the bluenette quickly dove over, performing a quick roll to right himself, "Great, lost my chance to attack there. I've still got time, as long as this thing doesn't pull a mass healing ability all of a sudden."

Calrex: 1509/1575 | EN: 124/156 (10 Battle Healing)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 416/850

ID: 78441
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (Critical Hit)

The quick maneuver to reposition himself had set the player up for a clear shot from Avalanche. Right as the blue-haired fighter had moved from the unstable ice platform to a more sturdy one, the field boss was already easily tracking him. After all, the supposedly quick movements were a fraction of the speed when seeing it from afar. Before he could ready himself, another powerful strike was coming in. This time the fist that connected hit dead on, coated in an icy fog that indicated the difference from its previous strike.

With the massive punch hitting center of Calrex's form a secondary effect was applied as a result of the critical hit, a Freeze effect that prevented him from moving. It would wear off in a few seconds, but that amount of time may just be enough for Avalanche to score another hit. At the same time, this effect also prevented the bluenette's agility, meaning even moreso the following strike would likely connect.

Calrex: 1408/1575 | EN: 124/156 (250 DMG  - 48 MIT / 2 Achilles = 101 DMG / Frozen Until Next Turn)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 415/850 (40 Achilles - 75 MIT = 1 DMG)

D: 78439
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +2 / Evasion -2) = 14 (Disregarded Due to Freeze)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 125 Remaining)

"Tch...course that would happen."

As Calrex felt the field boss' fist connect dead center of his chest his eyes quickly glanced at his health bar, seeing the familiar symbol of the Freeze effect be applied. He hadn't seen that since the Christmas event boss. Nonetheless, from what he could recall the actual status was not too different from Stun or Paralyze, only that he couldn't protect from it using the <<Parry>> skill. That aside, he wasn't going to be moving for a few seconds until the effect wears off.

As he remained still the frost from the attack built up around his avatar, his gauntlets being covered in a light frost before hardening into a layer of clear ice over it.

A few more moments passed by as the Freeze began to wear down, Calrex feeling his simulated joints becoming movable again. As he became free the layer of ice surrounding him broke at once like a mirror shattering, "Alright, better be careful not to let that attack become more frequent."

Calrex: 1418/1575 | EN: 125/156 (10 Battle Healing)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 415/850

ID: 78862
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Craft Dice: 12 (Grand Slam)

With the blue-haired player frozen in place it appeared that the ferocity of Avalanche's responsive assault was recognized. It had first connected a critical hit, which had resulted in the Ultramarine Knight being frozen in place. Following that it took the opportunity to bring its left arm up and around in a full circular motion from behind, slamming it down right on top of him. The attack itself wasn't different in terms of damage, but it had two differences. One was that it persisted the Freeze effect already placed on Calrex, preventing him from moving for another round. The second would not be realized, as the armored player had decided to fight the field boss alone.

Nonetheless, this didn't mean that the blunette's retaliation effects were diminished. Just like the past hits Thorns and <<Achilles>> both activated once more, slamming into the massive ice construct with both forms of damage. Calrex couldn't move, but it didn't mean he was going to stop fighting. It would only be a few more seconds before he was free again, which meant that Avalanche would need to continue his attack or prepare for the blunette's counter.

Calrex: 1342/1575 | EN: 125/156 (200 DMG  - 48 MIT / 2 Achilles = 76 DMG / Frozen Until Next Turn)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 386/850 (28 Thorns + 31 Achilles - 75 MIT = 29 DMG)

ID: 79059
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +2 / Evasion -2) = 14 (Disregarded Due to Freeze)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 126 Remaining)

With the Freeze effect persisted due to Avalanche's followup attack Calrex felt his lower jaw tighten, as if trying to grit his teeth, "Tch, so the game's going for being cheap. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Isn't a lot of those so-called dying games based on that? Do everything perfectly, and a single lucky strike from an enemy can make you end up dead."

His view kept his health bar within sight as he saw in the corner that the status effect was slowly starting to wear down. His upper and lower sets of teeth met as his avatar slowly defrosted. Opening and closing his right fist the bluenette made note that his health and energy had climbed slightly as a result of his passive health and energy recovery, "Either that or the game wanted to make this battle a little more fair. In any case, looks like it's about to strike again. Better be ready."

Releasing a calming breath it condensed inches in front of his face in a lighter mist due to his body being chilled from the two-turn Freeze. Occasionally he could feel his arms twitch a little from it, but with each exhale he brought them further back under his control, "Just a few more strikes, that's all I need..."

Calrex: 1352/1575 | EN: 126/156 (10 Battle Healing)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 386/850

ID: 79060
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (Critical Hit)

Unfortunately, it seemed that Calrex's time to retaliate would not come just yet. Like clockwork, right as the Freeze effect was just about to expire, Avalanche launched yet another fist at the Ultramarine Knight, connected him square in the chest once again. The successful critical hit released more frost on contact, the marker for the status effect being restored back for another turn.

It seemed that luck was currently in the favor of the giant frost construct, as it was able to follow critical hit with special attack and then another critical hit, buying it three turns of free strikes without fear of counters from the blue-haired player. If it was not an AI-controlled creature, and possibly another player, a smirk or maybe even a laugh would be present on its avatar, but that was not the case.

However, Calrex's health was still in the green, a result of his level granting him a high amount of HP for the field boss to chip away at. Add to that he was still bearing <<Achilles>>, and augmenting his mitigation with some armor. This fight was not yet over.

Calrex: 1251/1575 | EN: 126/156 (250 DMG - 48 MIT / 2 Achilles = 101 DMG / Frozen Until Next Turn)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 385/850 (31 Achilles - 75 MIT = 1 DMG)

ID: 79062
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +2 / Evasion -2) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Freeze)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 127 Remaining)

"Geezes it's like dueling Oikawa in the S&Z all over again. I thought the Freeze effect had a fairly low chance of activation, but apparently this thing's been triggering it time and again. I'm not even able to activate a Safeguard to prevent it. Of course looking back now I neglected to do that before this battle. I've really got to make that a habit. I didn't go procuring all of those for show."

While Calrex wanted to exhale and remain calm, his avatar was once again frozen, meaning he would have to wait another couple of seconds before being able to do so. It seemed that even with his Survival Extra Skill it proved to not be useful in this situation, although he could only guess it was the game that allowed his body to be completely frozen for at least fifteen seconds and not die of hypothermia, "Certainly would be another way to go and kill more players off...kind of glad they didn't decide to do that."

Seeing the solid square icon indicating the Freeze effect starting to fade the bluenette could feel his limbs beginning to break free, the frost falling from his armor, "Come on, I just need one round and I might be able to turn this around..."

Calrex: 1261/1575 | EN: 127/156 (10 Battle Healing)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 385/850

ID: 79063
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8

Taking yet another opportunity, Avalanche decided to attack once again, attempting to persist its status effects for as long as it could possibly do so. Unfortunately, this time around its fist only managed to graze Calrex, the blunette able to lean his body far enough to the side to barely avoid a strike that would freeze him once again. The frost-emanating punch struck his side, ice building up against his hip, but it didn't encapsulate his form.

This meant that the Ultramarine Knight had an opportunity to retaliate, and with the amount of damage that the giant ice construct had sustained even while the player couldn't retaliate didn't bode well for the field boss.

From quickly browsing the amount of damage it had sustained and the cause of it, the creature's AI could already determine that the two opening strikes from the player had already dealt more than enough damage to eliminate it with its current health. With no means of recovering damage, the only thing it could bet on was being able to connect another freeze strike and delay the chance of it being destroyed.

Bracing for an incoming attack, Avalanche waited.

Calrex: 1175/1575 | EN: 127/156 (200 DMG - 48 MIT / 2 Achilles = 76 DMG / Freeze End)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 356/850 (28 Thorns + 31 Achilles - 75 MIT = 29 DMG)

ID: 79064
Sword Art <<Full Cowl>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 116 Remaining)

"Finally a chance."

The side of his clothing had been slightly frozen, but the Freeze effect did not get replenished, meaning that Calrex could finally go on the offense. He could have taken the opportunity to use a Safeguard and protect himself, but enough time had passed that he recalled another option he could use. The opening strike of the battle had inflicted Stun, and the cooldown time for its effect had long passed, "Alright, haven't used this art yet. Let's hope it works."

Swinging his right leg back the bluenette lowered himself into a crouching stance, placing most of his weight on his front leg while bending at the knee. Right as he fell into the proper activation stance, his right leg began to slow with light blue energy as a result of triggering the <<Full Cowl>> Sword Art. He released a calming exhale one last time before rushing in, activating the attack.

Due to the size of the creature he was fighting, the Sword Art took him at high speed to one side of Avalanche, close to where its "left leg" started. In a single leap he cleared a large distance, his right leg extended like a blade cleaving horizontally. The attack completed as he landed on another ice platform, having successfully struck through both of the field boss' "legs." It was enough to Stun the creature, much to the bluenette's relief, "Not enough to set up a finishing followup attack, but it's bought me some time."

Bringing his right hand back the energy stared to form around his fist, the sign of his <<All Might>> Sword Art being prepared.

Calrex: 1185/1575 | EN: 116/156 (10 Battle Healing)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 287/850 (15+1 DMG * 9 Art - 75 MIT = 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

ID: 79065
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (Disregarded Due to Stun)

There was the counter-attack, although it was not to the same damage that the bluenette had inflicted at the started. From what the AI had gather, it was likely because Calrex had opened with a typical <<Charge>> enhanced strike using his most powerful attack. The Stun that came with it must have been as a result of a skill mod the player had taken. It was a strategy known to the system, and most commonly applied for damage-dealing characters.

Nonetheless, that didn't prepare it for the Stun that had been inflicted from the Ultramarine Knight's most recent strike, a powerful roundhouse kick to its "legs." While the damage was nothing to really write home about, the Stun that came with it was unexpected. Being unable to move, Avalanche's AI wasn't sure what it could do next as a result, at least until Calrex had taken a second turn to strike.

Had it been able to move, the bluenette was in a prime position for a critical strike, but not that window of opportunity had passed. All it could do was await his next action, and see what it could do in the aftermath.

Calrex: 1185/1575 | EN: 116/156

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 287/850

ID: 79066
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +2 / Evasion -2) = 12
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 100 Remaining)

As Avalanche's Stun began to war off Calrex's eyes narrowed, focusing on the creature's "facial" area, the target for his prepared Sword Art, "Not letting you get another shot in, not before I get you with this."

His Sword Art already at full charge he leapt forward, being guided towards the targeted area by the assisted system, the bluenette had a clear shot as he threw his right first forward, alight with the light blue glow of the <<All Might>> Sword Art. The strike was a clean hit as chunks of ice were knocked away from the impact area, Avalanche's health bar dropping far into the red. Another successful blow like that would end the creature, and complete the quest.

Leaping back to an ice platform Calrex stabilized himself as it moved up and down erratically as a result of being free floating on the frozen lake's surface. Luckily enough, that was one of the things he could control. Balancing on the platforms felt almost like second nature, and he didn't seem to have to worry about sliding around on the frozen surface. Running, jumping, and maneuvering in general across the slabs of ice was not the worst part of this battle.

However, the following attack Avalanche could launch could potentially be just that, another series of seconds gone by as a result of being frozen again.

Calrex: 1195/1575 | EN: 100/156 (10 Battle Healing)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 137/850 (15 DMG * 15 Art - 75 MIT = 150 DMG / Stun End)

ID: 79067
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7

However, it seemed that barrage of attack would not come to pass. As Avalanche was able to attack once again it immediately shot its left fist forward, aiming to take advantage of the small window of opportunity to score a critical hit. Unfortunately, the targeting algorithm it used to strike Calrex was a few inches off the mark once again as the bluenette leaned to the side. The grazing strike placed frost against his shoulder, but it failed to inflict Freeze, giving the Ultramarine Knight another chance to attack.

Analyzing its health Avalanche noted that even without using Charge, the last attack the bluenette had used to strike it had more than enough damage to deplete the rest of its HP. From what its AI could determine, this battle was just about finished, with the victor going to the player. If it got another chance to strike it would, but should things end here it wouldn't have been able to place his opponent's health into the yellow range. However, it had gotten close with the series of freezing strikes. Against a player of the minimum require for the quest, that could have spelled the difference between life and death. So, no matter what the outcome, its AI concluded that the strategy was sound.

Calrex: 1119/1575 | EN: 100/156 (200 DMG - 48 MIT / 2 Achilles = 76 DMG)

Avalanche - the Absolute Zero: 108/850 (28 Thorns + 31 Achilles - 75 MIT = 29 DMG)