[SP-F1-NK] <<The First Few Lessons are Free>> Sleight of Hand

'Boriiing.' Kooh had thought as her hands slipped back into her pockets. She wasn't finding any more materials around her feet, so the girl moved herself over to some foliage and began scanning around the bushes and trees for loose objects to scavenge. The blonde herself was hardly in a position to judge what a boring lifestyle looked like; her own hobbies were both few and common, at least among other girls her age. Despite the unimpressive clothing she wore on a regular basis, the blonde had a fondness for fashion. She could also say she liked music, but didn't everyone?

"Yeah, sounds normal." She ran the sole of her boot against the grassy floor as a small frown took over her expression. Not only was she not finding more materials, but her patience for the quest itself was growing thin. "So then what about here?" She added on while keeping her eyes on the environment around her. "What do you do for fun?"

Material Gathering:

Hide contents
  • ID#: 79630
    • LD: 2 - Fail!
  • Total:
Edited by Kooh
  • 2 weeks later...

Sly had taken a deep breath, he knew that he lived quite a boring life before this game... heck doing anything to keep him alive, getting money and playing video games seemed to be the extent for the past few years of his life. After high school he didn't bother to go to college and just took his diploma and ran with it, he never really wanted to go to college do to the fact that it would put him in the hole later. Regardless he had shook his head and continued to chill out as it doesn't matter anymore, he's beginning a new life here it had seemed, Kooh was the one to break the silence by asking what he does around here for fun, Sly thought about that for a moment, he doesn't really do much in this world as of yet, but he supposed since he wasn't much of a fighter to enjoy the scenery he guessed "Well, I am not much of a fighter so I suppose enjoying the scenery is one thing, I don't really do much here, but I am going to put in a effort to change that." he said with a smile "How's about you?" he asked.

@Kooh

Kooh scowled as she stared up a rather tall tree. A single fruit hung from one of its many branches, within sight but out of reach as Kooh's garnet eyes scanned the tree for a way to obtain the material. "Oh, uhh," The blonde took a deep breath before placing the sole of her black boot against the bark of the tree. She was no stranger to climbing trees on the first floor; she would often venture out into the denser forest areas passed the grassy fields and spend much of her time climbing around and even enjoying a nap in the branches now and again. It reminded her of being a kid again, oddly enough, when she wouldn't hesitate to climb the highest trees on the schoolgrounds from a dare. As she began hoisting herself off the ground and making her way upwards, she gave a small frown while finally considering Sly's question. "Not much, really."

'Everyone seems to nag me about things nowadays, though.' She had a fleeting temptation to think aloud, but she knew better. "I hang around here a lot." She motioned vaguely with a free hand before grabbing a higher branch to pull herself up. She was referring to the first floor as a whole, but her words were unclear. "So what, you planning on playing with the big boys on the frontlines?" She smirked slightly at her words, glancing down at the brunette for a moment.

Material Gathering:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 81024
    • LD: 15 - Success!
  • Total:
Edited by Kooh

Not much herself huh...? I guess two people can be the same way in small little parts, he smirked when she had heard the last comment and the question that he had imposed to Sly, he chuckled he imagined that he would start participating in the upcoming boss raids but, a part of him feels like he could more help the cause more than anything... he's not really wanting to risk his life unless players is absolutely necessary. "Eh, I'm more wanting to help move them forward by helping out in anyway I can honestly. Potions or something around those lines. Not really wanting to risk my life honestly." he took a moment to think about the situation with being stuck in a game and all, but he knows that he's eventually going to come around and help out the cause by helping to fight, granted... once he gets strong enough for it. "So. What about you Kooh, you gonna go out there and help fight against the big mean bosses?" he chuckled at the silly comment.

@Kooh

Kooh reached out to grab the hanging fruit, keeping one hand rested against the bark of the tree for support. Once the girl had snatched the item and it vanished into her inventory, Kooh took a seat on the branch she had been standing on, letting her legs swing lazily back and forth underneath her. He had shot back a question at her, mimicking her playful tone and the girl wore another smirk as she leaned over slightly to look down towards the man, placing her palms against the rough bark of the tree beneath her. "No, thank you." She replied simply. 'Although I'm probably going to be bothered to continue questing until I'm at the point of 'might as well.'' Her mind thought back to the snowy-haired player that wouldn't let her go more than a few days without prodding her for some sort of task to complete. "Fighting is okay, I guess, but I'm not signing up for the whole 'cause'." She gave a small wave of her hand as she spoke. Normally, she wouldn't have mentioned her dislike of combat, but Sly seemed like one of the more laid-back players.

Just as she swung her legs around to bring herself back to the ground, Kooh spotted an identical piece of fruit that had spawned within arm's reach. The girl broke out into a grin as she grabbed the last material needed to complete the first portion of the quest. "Well, guess we can finally head back now." She stated simply, dropping to the ground after taking a few seconds to reach a lower branch.

Material Gathering:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 81026
    • LD: 12 - Success!

• Total:
Edited by Kooh

Welp not everyone would want to sign up to fight in all honesty... well in a death game that is, he didn't really say much and just awaited for Kooh to finish up looking for materials, once she had found the last... it had seemed that it was that time to end the quest it had seemed, not only did he want to be an alchemist at a later time, but he just didn't know if he was doing it right... unsure on how crafting actually works. Once Kooh and Sly had gotten there the man had greeted them once more and congratulating them on their success. And then, promptly showed Kooh and Sly on how to make the potions... and it was... in all honesty very simplistic, with a sigh Sly stepped up with materials in his hand and said "Here goes nothing... I guess..." the tried to make a potion, and lone behold surprisingly... he had succeeded.

@Kooh

-----

ID: 81030 - CD: 9/ Success!

Edited by Sly

Kooh slipped her hands into her pockets as the pair headed back to town in silence. They hadn't traveled too far, so the trip was rather short; still, neither of them seemed in the mood to strike up conversation along the way. 'Fine by me.' The blonde gave a mental shrug.

Within minutes, they had retraced their steps to Zachariah's alchemist shop. The blonde placed her hands on her hips as she watched Sly take out the materials he'd gathered. The old alchemist briefly explained how to craft a simple potion and once he was finished Sly followed his instructions and was awarded with a single item--a reddish liquid inside of a glass bottle. The girl tilted her head to side ever so slightly, taking the same steps with the own materials she'd gathered. After a moment of the system registering her commands, Kooh was awarded with a similar potion of her own.

Crafting Attempt:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 81031
    • CD: 12 - Success - Perfect Quality!

Thread Complete!

Spoiler
  • Kooh:
    • 3 SP
    • 200 col
    • (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions
    • (1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion
  • @Sly: