(SP-F1) Learning? (The first few lessons are free)

OOC I am sorry if it is a problem, but until I finish the three quests, I will be leaving my other Solo RP for now....

Hidden sat on the first floor, basking in the shadows of the day, occasionally watching unwary players pass. She did not like to speak to most, as in the beginning players became more worried about themselves then helping others and her problems with the real world, she tended to stay alone as she preferred it that way. The cloaked figure was deciding on something. There was a quest for beginners out there, and it helped them get some potions which would be great for her in her journeys. She had heard that the NPC for the quest was older, and very kind. She liked the sound of that, and if this NPC was willing to help, than she was willing to be helped. Deciding on her answer, she opened her menu, scrolled through the quests and accepted her first one. <<The first few lessons are free>>. She looked on where she needed to go. her destination was in the town of beginnings, which was good for her as she did not have to travel very far. The man's name she was going to see was Zachariah. 'Well let us get moving now shall we? The woman moved out from under the bush and headed straight into the starting city.

Hidden walked through the city, for what seemed like, minutes. Finally she found the house of the quest. After a few seconds, the girl made a quiet rap upon the door. After a few seconds, the door slowly opened, revealing her nose to a variety of scents. She smelled a bit of burning, honey, flowers, and a lot of humidity. He welcomed her in, closing the door behind him. She found a seat, and watched the man carefully. She had heard of NPC's that can attack you, and at the moment, she was in no shape to fight off an attack. She had to be on the alert at all times as it was the case between life and death. The older man smiled and said, "I understand you have come to learn from be, and indeed better yourself?" The girl nodded to him and got a smile. The man turned to his cauldron and stirred it around, his face strained as he thought. "I have a job for you then. Find lets say, five materials and come back and make a healing potion. That will show me that you have the dedication to indeed better yourself." Hidden noticed the man said "indeed better yourself" quite a bit. NPC's functioned on a base of certain words and replies, as it was quite hard to work with AI people to speak with other people. "I will be back with your five materials, not sure how quick though" she said, and she turned to walk right out the door. 

Hidden duck through the alleyways, trying as much as she could to stay off the central street in town. Passing by, she got a strange look from another player who carried a large broadsword on his back. The woman made a tsk sound as he passed. She preferred her weapon to remain out of sight until she needed it so the players had no idea what was coming. Once again, she stepped out of town and immediately got to work. She did not want to work on this quest forever, especially since this quest was supposed to be a bit time consuming. 'Five materials? That is really hard to do. Like really." She sighed and searched through some shrubbery. Peeling through the twigs and sticks, she found nothing of good importance. She stood, dusting her cloak off. Wither her luck, she would be here all day searhing for materials. Should she max out weapon, our switch upgrading between the two? 

74549 LD:6

Edited by Hidden

Hidden sighed, turning her back to the shrubbery. Where could she find a decent material for the man at? If he was an alchemist, then he would most likely want herbs. She searched around seeing the forest of wavering mist. Slinking over, she looked around the base of the trees. She was aware of the dangers of this forest, but she knew she would be just fine if she kept a wary eye out. Finally, at the base of a tree, a patch of grass gleamed a silvery white. She immediately sank to her knees, digging into the grass. Finally, she found a small herb, suitable for crafting. Smiling, she picked it up and it dissolved in her hands. This was Great! 'One down, four to go. I can remain looking around the base of the trees. I could probably find quite a few of them here. She stood and returned to her search. It was already going a bit better than expected. 

74550 LD:20

1/5 Materials obtained!

Edited by Hidden

Hidden kept searching. She wanted to be done with this quest as quick as possible. She searched around the base of the trees. There usually was some there, but in the close range of the other one, there appeared to not be even a trace. She sighed and turned away from the trees. Scanning the area, she found nobody which was good. They would try to steal, attack, annoy, or help her. At the moment she was not cool with any of those things. "You let that one boy help you." She told her brain to shut up. It was true though. She spent a day with Sey, because he was offering his help. She had never met anyone like him before. He was unique, and he liked to be that way. She smiled until her face became red and she shook it away. She must stay upon her task. No distractions. She was here to get better, and there was an old guy that was waiting upon her return. 

74686 LD:1

1/5 Quest Materials Found

Edited by Hidden

Hidden moved away, and trailed the treeline. Obviously, she had picked the only material in that spot that she could physically see. It was hard for her to find materials at the moment. He had no skills or items to aid her, so it was like trying to look at microscopic with the naked eye. She found a stopping point in the tree line, bust still had found nothing gleaming in the grass. It really was not surprising to her though. Luck always had kept its distance from her. That was all right, because luck was bested by skill, and eventually she would have that skill. Until she had it, she would have to rely on determination. She had to remain determined enough to keep moving forward, because it was going to take a long time. At the moment she was fine with it, but probably in a few minutes, she would be ripping her hair out. 'Lets keep looking I guess.' 

74687 LD:9

Edited by Hidden

Keeping going with her determination, Hidden kept searching. It was a bit harder without skills or equipment, but she knew that they would be found eventually. Her cloak waded after her form like a shadow, keeping her concealed form identification. It would help later. She heard the bark of a wolf nearby and she felt her senses heighten. Quickly she ducked into a nearby brush of the trees. Hopefully that would be able to conceal her well enough. The wolf came into view and she stiffened like a board. It snarled and then sniffed the air as if trying to detect her. It did not appear to have much luck as it walked around. The lower mob floors had little detection skills to those that did not want to be found. It was a lucky circuma=stance that she just so happened to not want to be found. Kayaba was forgiving to those in the lower floors. 

75184 LD:10 :(

Edited by Hidden

Hidden remained... well hidden as she tried to remain away from the wolf. Luckily, it had not appeared to discover her location, and soon would stray off as they always did. She kept quiet and soon a howl was heard in the distance. Immediately, the wolf bound off, leaving the Girl alone. She crawled out of the bush and began to dust herself off. She did not feel like she was ready to fight an enemy just yet, at least level three and have some sort of weapon to be able to increase her damage output. Being cautious was important at lower levels and when you were alone. You had trouble doing just about anything. Anything was danger, even the standard boar that traveled alone in the plains. As a lower level, you could only take about two hits before you were critically low or dead. She needed to be able to take at least five, and be able to kill them in about two hits to minimize damage taken. Healing came slow, especially for her. 

75199 LD:7 DANG IT

Edited by Hidden

Hidden continued her search, although the area seemed to be a little scarce on materials. She felt if she had invested into search and detect, she would have definitely found at least another by now. In her mind she already new her build. Assassin. She would invest into her dagger, scouting skills, along with hiding and a familiar. That as going to take a lot though, just to even get some of the skills. It to fifty to grandmaster each, and the first two were probably going to be dagger and search and detect. Then, her familiar. Just because she liked the feel of a good weapon in her hand, the familiar would probably be loot finding proficient. She could not find anything else in the area, everything was scarce for some reason, and she was a bit ticked. This quest should not be that hard to deal with.

75226 LD:10 COME ON!

Edited by Hidden

Hidden groaned at her utter weakness. She could not do anything. This quest took forever, and there was no way it was going to speed up. She had absolutely nothing to speed up the process. She had a single skill rank in dagger, but that would not be helping her here. She needed a point in search and detect. She should have known she would need it more at first then her damage, but in the beginning, she needed something to defend herself, and that skill rank was all she had. She searched around again, coming up with nothing once more. Tasting defeat, the cloaked figure sat on a log, using it to prop herself forward. She was failing the older man, and there was no way that he was going to get his materials anytime soon, espically with the rotten luck she appeared to have. 'I have to just look harder I guess'

75227 LD:6

Edited by Hidden

She wanted to just stop, take a few minutes to just be able to calm herself down. She was getting worked up, and now just wanted to give up, but to become stronger, she knew she could not. This is what she was meant to do. The quest was a test of perseverance. It just wanted to see how far she could manage to go. Taking a calming breath, the woman  stood, eyes closed. She stood there a second and decided to reopen them. 'Alright, lets look for some more materials' She searched silently but once again came up nothing which made her want to rage but she kept herself still and calm. She had no intention of alerting anything near her as she went berserk trying to find materials. Being found would be bad. She would be killed no doubt by even level one creatures. At the moment, she stood no chance, but later that would change. 

75528 LD:8 Nine Rolls, Only found One.... 50% Chance of finding one..... Wow... just wow

Edited by Hidden

She kept looking. Eventually one HAD to turn up. Soon, she would find materials as if it was nothing, but today was not that day. She had to struggle, but struggling was fine. The struggle is what makes it amazing as you finally reach the point where you are amazing at it. Finally out of the corner of her eye, she caught a gleam. Her eyes became wide and she rushed over to the spot immediately. Her mind had not tricked her. Laying in the grass was another material, perfect for what the old man needed. She picked it and it glowed brightly in her hand until it faded as it added to her quest items. "Finally, that is two. Lets see If I can get a luck streak going. This is turning out to be really terrible for me." She turned and looked to the nearby spots, hoping that one of them might just get her another material. 

75229 LD:19 2/5 Materials found. 

Edited by Hidden

She kept searching. Her hope was rising gradually at her previously found material. It was a good sign that perhaps a few more were lying around her as well. The spot where she was at was very green and alive when it came to plants, so there had to be something laying or growing down inside of it. In a few minutes, she found what she thought was another gleam in the grass. Her heart was pounding with excitement. She had originally thought that this quest was just against her, but now it was doing wonderfully. She parted the grass around the glow and found another plant like thing. She picked it from the ground, causing the soil to be uprooted as well. She held it with a smile. She was almost done now. Two more and she on her way back to the old man. She needed to finish this quest. She just had to. 

75230 LD:16 3/5 Materials found

Edited by Hidden

It appeared her luck streak had finally ended. She kept searching around the area again in spite of the fact that she found two solid materials there. Though she searched for about five minutes, she turned out empty handed. She was fine with this, but it was a bit of a bummer. The fact she would have to wait again. She had started to get so close, but then was slowly beginning to fall of the trail. It was fine, but she was running out of time, and wanted to be done with this quest in about thirty minutes at the latest. She had no intention of having this quest taking the rest of her day. She had other things to do. Really she did not, but the quest should not take her a few hours to complete when she was just hunting for materials. Perhaps it was because the floor had really been picked clean, and the once filled with items floor, had really nothing left in it. 

75231 LD:1

Edited by Hidden

Hidden began her search again, keeping everything going. The more she kept to it the fast she would be done. She only needed two more materis, and then she could haul out of here. There did not appear to be anything in the area so she sat down a bit down from her failed day. You figure it would be a lot easier but no, not for her. She wished she could find at least one more item, take it over to him and just be done. She really wished she did not have to find five, three should be sufficient enough, but the quest required to take five. She stood up, looking atound. She seriously felt like finishing the quest tomorrow, but she really wanted to get it done today, and work on her search and detect skill. She had decided that she would work on dagger and search and detect skill at first, probably get them both max, and then fill out the rest of her build. 

75334 LD:6

Edited by Hidden

Everything in her body told her to just give up, head somewhere else, but she managed to keep looking. It was just two materials, how much longer could it take? Keeping the train of things moving, she kept searching, and then she finally saw another. Another small gleam in the grass. She scurried over to it and seen another plant like item growing in the grass. She picked it and instantly it faded, leaving her only one material to find. 'Finally, Only material let to find. After I get that in, then we can start moving back to Zachariah's house and start making those potions he wanted me to do.' She was quite happy to be almost done, just one more spot of luck and she was getting the hell out of these plains. Something told her that she was not going to be done with the plains, jsut quite after she got these materials.  

75336 LD:14 4.5 Materials f'ound

Edited by Hidden

She kept searching, now with new purpose. Not the fact she needed one more material, but the fact that she could be done and begin to get the hell outta here. She searched through the leaves, moving things aside until she finally found one last gleam. There, growing without the sun, was the last material. Quickly, she picked it, using not caution with it. She watched it dissapear and she turned toward the towns and began to head back that way. The older man hopefully would not scold her for taking absolutely forever would he? 'If he scolds me I am just going o leave, this should not be a quest with a rude NPC. I will stab an NPC before I ever get scolded by one. This is not going to be a remake of the real world. I will not be treated like crap, because in this world, there is no rule against killing. 

75337 LD:18 5/5 Materials

Edited by Hidden

She quickly moved forward, back into the town and once again she paused at his door, this time taking no time to knock. She walked right in, materialized a bag full of the materials and set them unto the table. The man's smile was kind it he did not seem surprised at all that it took quite a long time. "You have done quite well, I congratulate you upon your work. Now, I am going to ask two more things of you. Help me make some potions and ah... deliver something for me" The man's tone was kind, and his face really was not one to say no to so she just gave him a slight nod. She walked over to the potion set and grabbed one of his materials. The man seemed to be watching ehr every move like a hawk, like he was waiting for her to just die. She began her brewing. The potion turned out terrible, and the man gave a warm smile and began to redirect her, showing her how to do it. He also wanted her to try again even though she already had wasted a material. 

75339 CD:1 WHY

Edited by Hidden

She sighed and returned to the work. She was not even an alchemist. She did not WANT to be an alchemist. She really did not know what she wanted to be, though she might follow what Sey said and be a merchant. It was not that bad of a profession, and she would not get it for quite a long while. She refocused on her work, making sure she did exactly s he told her. It was surprising that he wanted to see her do this, perhaps he just liked to see other's fail, but his smile was kind showing her that he would not do that. It appeared to be going a bit better than the last, but eventually it just stopped, another fail, another material wasted. She looked to Zackariah as if to ask if she could be done now. He shook his head, repeated the process and handed her another material. She was NOT going to fail this time. 

75340 CD:2 Seriously? 

Edited by Hidden

This time she got it good enough for the man. He smiled and took the potion from her and clapped his hands. "Good" he said. "You have shown me that you could take up any task, even the most difficult and longest of tasks. I know now that you can continue forward. You have a bit of a journey ahead of you, bust something tells me you on't find it to hard." He grabbed something off of his table and handed it to her. "Bring this to this blacksmith known as Lyle Tealeaf. He will know exactly what do do with it. Follow his orders and train hard while you are at it." He smiled and brought her to the door, closing it on her way. Quickly moving, she needed to get to the man's smith shop. Finally she reached her destination, but she paused at the door, mentally readying herself before entering. Finally ready, she pushed it open to reveal a forge. 

75341 CD:7

Edited by Hidden