Forum Outlines and Brainstorming

Nevina and I have been plotting and going over stuff for the forum as far as rules structure and the rpg workings in general. This will be updated as issues come up and are resolved/we come up with new ideas etc. Here's what we have:

Forum Layout:

General OOC

> General discussion, subtopics come as needed

Staff Discussion

>For the Heathcliffs of us

SAO OOC

> Plots

> Handbook

-> Rules, how tos

SAO RP

>Journal

->Character Approval

>Quests

>Guilds

->Guild Request/Approval

>Floors 1-10

>Add Floors upon event unlock.

For posting in rp, threads MUST start with:

[PP] Private party: You have scheduled rp ahead of time with one or more designated players.

[OP] Open party: Anyone can join in this.

[sP] Solo party: Only you are posting.

Users can keep track of what types they've RP'd in their journal, who they've met, impressions, thoughts, etc.

Floors open in increments of 10.

There will be events for each individual floor beaten, and a grand-quest event at the 10th increment.

Ex:

Event for all players to join in the same thread to beat boss floor 1. Maybe some rewards involved.

Level 10 floor involves epic boss times, reward a special ability to one player?

Not sure on how these events are handled yet.

Players must post chara profile before RP'ing for approval.

Death can occur at any time, but to move on to a new chara, a player must post their character profile for approval.

Battles are handled by the players themselves; you play the monsters that you fight, except for bosses.

For PvP, you may either decide the victor ahead of time, or you can use a random number generator to see who wins/loses, or take skills/levels into consideration.

A guild should have a recommended number of 5 people to form. Guilds can seek approval in the guild thread and once approved can make their own topic.

(Subject to change not set in stone Open to Discussion etc.)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a bit like the outline i had in an other topic, Some idea's on the RP side of things

Can a member be in more then one RP topic? (personal opinion, no) So if they do decided to join someone elses topic, such as leaving a SP and going into an OP, they would have to close there current topic and before moving into an OP or a PP. So once said topic is closed, its name should be changed to [sP]

Also, i noticed Towns in the Series, will defeated floors be converted into towns or player areas where members can buy houses and decorate them? That would be a neat addition, say that there is a nice forest area on floor 3 that has a lake on it, players can get the option to buy a house in that area (only allow X amount of houses per completed floor) So we can also maybe include a player house topic and have floors 1-10 and each house thread could say something like [Open house: Crim's Logged Cabin] or [Private house: Crim's Logged Cabin]

You can be in more than one rp at once. You could rp with 10 people at the same time if that's what you felt you could handle (though I'd recommend only up to 2~3). If one of your rp buddies goes inactive, you won't be stuck waiting for them since you can start up another rp until yee olden buddy returns. Though I do think adding some kind of 'closed' tag at the end is a good idea.

Limiting it to one rp only is a bit too much like Integral's style. Since in SAO you can do solo things and whatnot, these scenarios don't have to fit on a continuous timeline. You could do a solo play to show some personal psychological character development as a sort of back-dating to explain why your chara is the way they are or something. Each of the show's early episodes were fairly contained, like saving a pet in one episode or getting a sword in another episode - if you mix these up on the timeline, changing their order doesn't have a huge effect. I imagine that most players, in cooperating with one another, will have a general idea of a personal timeline that they want their characters to go through, so letting them have multiple RPs at once will let them be more active and pursue what goals they want.

Defeated floors would still be monster-filled for the newcomers to traverse through, but having houses would be fine. Maybe houses can go on the same 'channel' as the guild thread, and maybe a player must have x amount of PP, OP, and SP completed before they can apply for a house.

Since in SAO you can do solo things and whatnot, these scenarios don't have to fit on a continuous timeline. You could do a solo play to show some personal psychological character development as a sort of back-dating to explain why your chara is the way they are or something.

And here I thought you were against this yesterday players playing by themselves when I brought up multiple accounts :P

I'd figure sooner or later there'd be some sort of individual postings for private development. Much like Kitiro leveling up behind the scenes becoming a high leveled player.

I fully agree there needs to be some what of a solo based RP because of what Kirito did in SAO. It'd help greatly with character development especially when you're rping in a group and your buddies aren't posting quick enough. You could do a solo rp and say level up some or just go exploring and show some background on your character's development. I really can't see any way around it.

And here I thought you were against this yesterday players playing by themselves when I brought up multiple accounts :P

Wut, no, I was fine with solo play XD But in terms of a single character developing. If they used a second account to rp with their first account that'd be kinda sad that they're not interacting with others and a bit lonely, so I don't see people really doing that much. My issue on the multiple accounts thing is the hassle of switching between accounts and memorizing names and who is who, I don't mind the idea of it in the rp itself.

I'm all for solo rps that are acting like diary entries into the mind of the player >D

And I wouldn't mind a message board.

That wouldn't be a half bad idea. I was thinking we stick with the towns given to us in the Manga/Anime and when it comes up to there floor, we have it be like a town invasion, except the Players have to invade inorder to clear it out

Also remember players can have Houses in this game and they can have it on any floor that has been cleared. Well as long as they have the money

"Aincrad is an iron-and-stone made floating castle that has about 10 kilometers floor base diameter and consists of a 100 floors stacking straight upwards, meaning that each floor's diameter is a bit smaller than the previous one. Each floor, there are a couple of large cities along with countless small scale towns and villages, forests, plains, and even lakes. Only one stairway links each floor to another, and the stairways exists beyond the boss room of each dungeons. The «Teleport Gates» of every unlocked cities are connected to one another. "

- Sword Art Online wiki http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Aincrad

There are towns/cities on every floor, apparently. I'm guessing each floor is like a whole country.

Not a half bad idea, each floor is its own thread so it would be something like this

~Levels 1-10

~~~Level 1

~~~~~Starting City

~~~~~Fields

~~~~~ Dungeon

~~~~~~~~Boss Event

~~~Level 2

~~~~~ City

~~~~~Field

~~~~~Dungeon

~~~~~~~Boss

~~~So on to level 10