[PP-F6] Jungle Exploration

Somewhat deep in the jungles of the sixth floor, Miaki was navigating through the undergrowth mapping the area. The air and climate was hot and sticky. The tall trees above Miaki protected him from the sun's rays. He sliced his way through the vines having only a bit of difficulty using a <> he picked up a while back.

He wore tan cargo shorts cut a little above the knees, a button-down olive green short-sleeved shirt with breast pockets, and his light brown fedora. Swinging about he was a little surprised that his arm wasn't tired yet, must be due to his strength parameters. He could hear a chorus of various tropical birds chirping and small wildlife in the far distance. No dangerous monsters to worry about around here, even if there were he'd send them packing, that or run like a madman.

Pattering along an branch, I reached the end of it and jumped onto the next tree's limb and continued on my way. Just earlier this morning, I had received a request from a guild member to locate and return a scarlet red pendent that someone had stolen from her. Being the closet guild member to this floor, I accepted the 'quest' and had left town immediately. That brings us to my current location in the jungle. Since most of our guild loves being in trees, I figured that I should check up here first. that is, until I oh-so gracefully misjudged a jump and fell a good twenty feet down to the forest floor. "AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" I screeched, doe-eyed and frightened.

The tasking of mapping was starting to become dull for him. About as dull as his blade would be by the end of the day. Miaki glanced at the blade seeing it still in good condition then stabbed it into the ground taking a break. Wiping the sweat from his brow he was trying to figure out how long he had been out in the jungles today. What he did know is that he needed a break and some water. Holding his two forefingers poised in the air, ready to open his GUI inventory screen, Miaki heard the sudden snapping of tree branches above his head.

"AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!"

Miaki looked up and saw the form of someone falling out of the sky. Miaki cursed and dashed forward hoping to catch them before they hit the ground. Holding both his arms out, Miaki prayed to be fast enough to catch the person falling.

"IM COOOOOMIIIIIIING!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!" He shouted has braced to catch the girl just before reaching the ground. Her body fell it his arms and Miaki froze worrying that something might happen if he moved. The two made eye contact. "S-Sinon?" He said with surprise staring at her still with her frightened and pale expression from nearly having the life extinguished from her.

I glanced up at Miaki with wide doe eyes. "M-Miaki?" I asked, dumbfounded. What's he doing out here? This part of the floor is uncharted! And for good reason. I then realized the position I was in and turned scarlet red. I jumped away and turned around, trying oh-so hard to hide the too apparent blush upon my face. "W-what are you d-doing here?" I insisted.

(OOC: Darn it! Too short!!!!!!!!!)

Miaki stared at Sinon as she squirmed for a moment then jumped out of his arms. She turned away from him. "W-what are you d-doing here?" She asked with earnest. Miaki was quiet for a moment. He simply stared at Sinon's back, his arms, which were still extended, then the tree tops above them. He brought his arms back to his sides and started piecing things together. Eliminating the obvious that Sinon just happened to fall out of the sky. Still looking at the treetops Miaki finally answered.

"I-I was mapping out this region. This whole eastern quadrant is unknown to players except for maybe those who keep that information to themselves." He looked at Sinon who still had her back to him. "Why are you way out here? You questing or something?"

(OOC: That's about the average length for most people. Don't worry about it. I kinda made things difficult to make a long post. Hopefully this one gives you more to work with.)

"S-sort of. I'm doing an informal quest for a guild member," I chimed. Turning the top half of my body towards Miaki, I looked him in the eye with a slight glare. "You should not be here. There are reasons for why this place remains unmapped that you wouldn't know." I turned my gaze upwards to the tree tops. There must be a way to get back up there. Can't stay down here. I thought worriedly.

Miaki gave her a slightly confused looked. 'What is she talking about?' Miaki thought to himself. "Well sure there may be a few dangerous monsters around here but nothing I shouldn't be able to handle. Unless there is something else to worry about out here. This region needs to be mapped. Who knows what could be out here." Miaki looked up at the towering tree tops that Sinon was looking at. "How'd you get up there anyway?"

I gave Miaki a look that said, How do you think I got up there? "Well, I sure didn't climb, if that's what you're suggesting! No, no, I'd break a nail like that! I flew! It's called magic," I said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "Of course I scaled a tree! I'm not some prissy princess who's afraid of a little dirt! Jeez!"

"I. Uhh, okay dumb question." He held both hands forward signaling, 'Okay. You win. I surrender.' "What I mean was. Did you just scale some random tree or was there a tree that was partly downed?" Miaki used his hand as a visor and looked back up at the large branches overhead. "That's impressive either way. So you said something about taking on a quest for your guild? What kind of quest is it?"

I crossed my arms and shrugged nonchalantly. "I suppose that I must say it was the latter," I replied. "It is a searching quest. One of the members of my guild lost something here and asked me to retrieve it for her since she is... unable to do so herself at the moment." Plodding over to the nearest tree, I turned back towards Miaki and leaned my back against it, bored. "How long have you been at it?"

Pointing at where the clock appeared in his vision, Miaki answered. "Well I think I've been out here for roughly about two hours." He opened his GUI and navigated for a moment before projecting a 2D display that was a zoomed in map of their region which showed a partly detailed mapping of the area. While talking he walked over to where his curved blade was still stuck in the ground and pulled it from the earth. "Though for as long as I have been out here I had hoped to have covered more ground." Looking up at the treetops he said. "Navigating using the trees probably would've been a good idea." He said pointing up at the branches with his blade before sheathing it. "So you're on a searching quest of a sort? What are you looking for? Have you any idea roughly where it is?" He said leaning with his arm on a rather large tree.

I nodded slowly. "Yes. It is a small necklace strung through two silver open heart pendents. It seems quite trivial of a matter, as the necklace has no status benefits whatsoever, but it seems to be of great sentimental value to her. As to where it would be, I'm guessing that it was snagged on a twig or something of the sort," I explained with a shrug, then spoke again before he could ask the question that would be any one else's mind if they weren't part of the guild. "We... like to hang out in the trees more often than not. Pun intended." I laughed lightly, then glanced curiously at the thing he continually looked at. "What is that?"

Miaki glanced down at the <> he was fiddling with in his hand. 'What is that?' Miaki looked up and made eye contact with Sinon. "What? This?" He said holding up the whistle in his hand. He started walking towards her closing the several yards distance. "It's a whistle a friend of mine got me not too long ago. I use it to call out my falcon familiar." Miaki, now standing only a couple feet from Sinon, held the whistle out to her. "Would you like to see it? You can even use it to call him out."

(OOC: I haven't found a picture I like on the internet for my falcon but he is a 8-10 inch tall, silver winged falcon.)

Taking a step back, I held up my hands and shook my head. "No, thank you. I can see it well enough from here. Besides, boy have cooties," I said, mumbling the last part under my breath. Although I was quite interested in seeing the said familiar, I didn't want to be so open as I had been lately. You're being childish! I don't care!

Miaki chuckled, "Are there even cooties in this world?" He said with a grin. "Hmmmmmm actually. Now that I think about it Silverwing might be helpful in finding your friends pendant." Miaki brought the small, eccentric-looking silver whistle to his mouth and blew a quiet, high-pitch sound. Out of the tree tops above came a small silver-winged falcon. The light shimmered off the falcon's wings as it made a nosedive towards the two on the jungle floor. The falcon flew around Maiki a few times before landing on his left shoulder. "Silverwing, meet Sinon. Sinon, this here is Silverwing." The falcon's head turned side to side looking at Sinon before making a short cry. "I think he likes you. Otherwise he'd probably be less tame."

As soon as Miaki blew on the whistle, a ridiculously high pitched chirp ripped through the air and pierced my sensitive ears. I forced my hands to stay where they were, not wanting to seem crazy for hearing something that he obviously couldn't. I was jolted out of my thoughts by the bird of prey as it circled Miaki then landed on his shoulder like it was nothing. "Silverwing, meet Sinon. Sinon, this here is Silverwing. I think he likes you. Otherwise he'd probably be less tame." "Oh," I said, then looked at the bird, giving it a nod of hello.

Miaki held his forearm up close to left shoulder for Silverwing to hope on. After the falcon flapped onto Miaki's forearm he pet the falcon underneath it's beak. "This guy here might be able to help you out. Finding a shiny or flashy pendant shouldn't be too difficult for him. Not that difficult at all." Miaki glanced at Sinon. "Would you like to touch him? Don't worry. He won't bite."

"Of course he won't bite. Biting requires teeth, which birds do not have. So it is physically impossible for him to bite me," I stated matter-of-factually. I reached out and stroked the silvery feathers on top of the bird's head. Soft. The feathers are surprisingly soft. "As for the matter of assisting me in my search, I would gladly accept the help," I chimed.

Miaki let out a small laugh. "Very astute observation Sinon. I suppose he can't bite anyone without having any teeth." He watched as Sinon brushed Silverwing's feathers and the falcon calmly let her have her way.

"As for the matter of assisting me in my search, I would gladly accept the help,"

Miaki looked at his falcon. "What do you think Silverwing? Will you help our lady in distress?" The falcon gave a small chip. "I think that might be a yes." He said with a smile.