[PP:F1] EaL Main Quest W/Seul [Complete]

Swoosh! A door to an Inn swings open violently revealing a woman shouting, "Good morning, Aincrad!" Anemone nearly jumped out of her skin when she was walking by the player who shouted as she stepped out the threshold. The young woman sighed to herself, a downcast gaze looking to the cobblestoned ground as she kicked a rock out of her way. Why couldn't she be energetic and high spirited like that? Why was it so difficult to just express what she wanted to express to people. Despite wearing a mostly white and blue outfit, Anemone was not a woman that stood out from the crowd. She was short in stature, small frame a easily passable. She ended up sitting on a bench in the middle of the city and began watching people mill about in their day to day routine. She gave an exhausted sigh once more as she brushed the long curly tendrils of hair from off her shoulder. She sat with a small slouch but held her hands in her lap as she just watched people coming and going from anywhere. All the while people passed her by without even a simple glance or even a hello. 

Or if they had what would she say? "Oh! Hello! It's very nice to see you today! How are thing?" she thought to herself, how easy it was for people to say that bit of line in a conversation without tripping over their own words. Had she said anything like that, she would probably have fainted from nervousness before letting out the first vowel from her lips. Her fingers mildly drummed against one another as brought up her menu. It had been a while now and the fact that she wanted to meet people was becoming more and more of a distant dream. Someone had made mention they made all kinds of new friends when they were in their shop. Anemone was not quite sure how to go about doing something like that, of course there was the Earning a Living Quest, that pretty much summed things up in that department. But her belly was so full of butterflies, every time she got the courage to go up and take the quest she would find an excuse not to do it that day, "Oh the weather is looking rather dreadful right now. It might rain and I don't wanna be stuck gathering materials while it's raining..." that seemed to be Anemone's life for the most part, or lack of life. Still yet she sat there contemplating the decision yet again for a week straight with nothing to do and people moving by without so much as a gracious hello to her. It's probably better that way anyways, "Not like I can offer them anything anyways..."

@Seul

Edited by Anemone

So, this was what rock bottom felt like. It wasn't truly as bad as other people made it out to be, but still kind of sucked with all things considered. Seul wasn't sure how many days had passed since the meeting with Opal in the fields occurred, but the memory remained crystal clear as he relived the scene in his mind. He remembered the promises he made and of course he was going to keep them, but there was still an relentless nagging going on in the back of his mind. One word: Weakness. It chewed at his thoughts and kept him up at night. Clearly there was still plenty of growth that needed to be done if he wanted to survive the game.

As he traversed the busy city streets he mulled over his stats, looking for any possible way to improve them. His gear was completely unique now and most would think he'd be happy about that. He wasn't. Except for the manticore mask the other pieces came into his possession by pure luck alone, so there wasn't much of a point in bragging about trophies he didn't actually earn. On top of that, he was starting to question whether or not having them actually made him strong. These were all things to consider.

“Hey there, cutie. Why don't you hand over some of your Col? Just as a tax for all the hard work we do keep this town running!” Being torn from his self reflection, he looked in the direction of the shouting only to see that a group of heavily armored players in a circle formation around a bench. More specifically a woman sitting on the bench. In good conscious he couldn't just let something like this go by unchecked.

“Is there a problem here guys?” The words showed no hostility while he acted as a barricade between her and the men. A closer look showed that they were all dressed the same as if part of a guild, but he didn't recognize which it might have been.

“This doesn't concern you. Move along civilian.”

“Well, it does now. I don't like the way you were talking to her just now, so I think you should apologize then get out of here before things get ugly.”

The man in front clearly was trying to contain his laughter beneath his helmet. “You think you're going to scare all of us away on your own… In a safe zo-?” Before he could finish Seul’s blade had already been drawn, glowing brightly as he swung it upwards to knock the player off his feet. The man was obviously shocked by this action.  

“We might be in a safe zone, but I've got all f*ckin day to knock you idiots around if you feel like going further; just try me.” The other players looked like they were ready for a fight, but the one in charge finally regained his footing and noticing that more and more players were showing up now, decided that retreating would be the best option. They left, of course not quietly though.

“Big mistake, kiddo. Why do you think we’re called The Army? You’ll regret this.”

At least they were gone now. Next order of business was to check on the girl. “Are you okay?”

Edited by Seul

Anemone had planted both feet on the ground as she sat there with her eyes to ground. Soon enough her wildest thoughts were starting to surface and she was becoming irritable about her own self worth. It is then that she noticed the ground was becoming darker, "Oh great, is it really going to rain?" Her red eyes followed her head up when she heard the word "Cutie," immediately her heart began to race as several sturdy looking warriors had approached her and her small little world as she sat on her bench. She gave a dry gulp looking nervously around as she was gnawing on her bottom lip, "... Why don't you hand over some of your Col? Just as a tax for all the hard work we do keep this town running!” Anemone continued to gnaw on her lip with her teeth as she fidgeted in her spot, she didn't even know who they were but apparently they were coming off as some kind of Army or something. She squirmed in her place raising a hand as she was about to just give them some col to leave her alone. 

But it was rather curious thing that happened next. Her red eyes shifted with another individual coming towards the group. She didn't have the col to pay them all off, and she didn't have anything of worth to give them either. She mentally sighed as the stranger approached the others, oblivious to the meaning behind his words.  “Is there a problem here guys?” The woman's face grew with worry, "I--I..." she stammered looking away from everyone and back down at the ground and her feet. The conversation continued among the Army and the solo adventurer. Apparently he didn't take kindly to her being a victim of their harassment. Although she would have just gone along with it if it meant that she would have been left alone, but trouble was brewing now and frothing from the top. Anemone was not one to be in the middle of an argument, she didn't know how to hold herself in a normal conversation little alone a confrontation such as this.

But the man seemed to be...protecting her honor? Saying something like that to a girl like her? Anemone couldn't help but feel the burn in her cheeks as she looked away, her mouth was starting to go dry and her palms were becoming clammy. Then the scuffle ensued with the wandering warrior revealing his weapon. The situation quickly called forth the attention of the others in the area as the Army Men seemed disappointed for their lack of courage against him. That sword was interesting though, from the glimpse she saw of it, it looked rather different than what she had seen most people using. After the humiliating loss they were dealt, the woman barely could keep her mind afloat with just what happened.

She figured since everything was done and over with, he would just walk away like everyone else. Then there it was... “Are you okay?” Anemone froze with a horrified fright. She gulped once again and attempted to look at the stranger, "I-I." she stammered unable to finish her sentence. He looked at her and she grew embarrassed by his gaze. But more so there was acknowledgment that she was there, like he was actually talking to her. "Don't pass out...Don't pass out..." she said to herself. Once more she looked into his eyes, her fiery orbs and bright red cheeks flushed to pale white, "Fine, thanks...Umm. Thank you for helping me." Her words were as light as a whisper as she spoke to him. She sat there and looked at him when she said thank you and immediately her eyes dropped off to the side of her leg where she began to nervously play with the curls of her hair that stretched over her outfit. She was wondering if he would leave soon so this anxiety attack might cease. 

@Seul

“Don't mention it.” The crisis had been averted, so there was no point in keeping his sword out. He returned it to the sheath on his back before letting his attention wander back to the woman. At least the thugs from earlier were right about one thing; she was pretty attractive. Seul never stopped to consider such things… Not for very long anyway. Relationships in general felt as artificial as anything else in this world, so he made a habit of trying to stay away from them. People would only hang around long enough to get something out of the deal then take off at a moment's convenience. He wasn't excluded from the assertion either, having done so multiple times in the past, but that didn't mean he had to like how the system worked. It was just another means of survival and anyone would understand that.

His thoughts were getting off topic though. She was fine now and that's all that mattered. “Anyway… I don't know if you should be thanking me yet. After that little confrontation something tells me this won’t be the last time we’ll be seeing those guys. They might try something else, so we should stick together for now.”

"Stick...together?" Why on Earth would he wanna do that for her? If they were planning to come back with greater numbers, of course he could handle himself, but she was a nuisance. A nobody. She sat there while looking at the ground, a finger rolling through the curly tassels of her snowy hair as she made a noise with her lips, something akin to speaking, "Wouldn't it be better for you to just go? You would be better off protecting yourself rather than me being a hinderance to you." She had stopped messing with her hair and placed her hands in her lap then looking down into them. 

She had worked really hard to reach the level she was at. Even in her anxious state, she was still able to work on her levels and become something relevant to this world even if it meant she was a hit and go sort of party member. Lots of people enjoyed being up close and personal with the monsters in this world, slinging the swords around with their impressive sword arts. Anemone was nothing of that sort, so when the patches rolled out where she could still help while still having a high chance for survival, she chose to the Healer Support path. Of course when people found out she had turned into a healer, she was asked to join many parties. She felt special and wanted, but she didn't think how thankless the job was as well. Not that she needed to be thanked if this was her job, one should just do it without any pay. But a 'thank you' never hurt anyone. She had realized how dark this world was and that many people followed the same mindset, the game had changed people. But she was still the Anemone from the real world.

But this man was offering to help, or at least that is what it appeared but perhaps he was after something else as well, payment? Maybe...something more? Her cheeks burned from the thought! How could he want something like that for a service of protection! But she was jumping to conclusions right now and she became somewhat irritated with herself again for making up stuff that actually had yet to pass, "I don't have much col to pay you for helping me. I think you are better off just leaving me alone." Her weak voice rolled out as her crimson eyes were trained on the ground.  

@Seul

Edited by Anemone

A hindrance? Pay? Were these things she was really concerned about now? If anyone was the problem in this dynamic it was him. Rushing in and knocking around a few heads might not have been the brightest idea, but given the alternative he felt it was the right choice. This woman’s mannerisms said it all and just sitting on the sideline while she got manipulated would have been just as bad as robbing her himself.

“Well, I’m kinda to blame here… And I'm not doing this to get paid. You don't deserve to get pushed around, no one does, so I'm going to personally see to it that doesn't happen again.” He said before offering her a smile. Though she wasn't exactly looking at him to notice either way. Maybe beating someone up didn't leave the best first impression behind. Seul took a step back and slipped his hands into his pockets in a casual manner, trying to move in now from the events that had just unfolded.

“So uh, yeah. My name’s Seul. Thought I’d mention it if we're going to be hanging out.”

Edited by Seul

"Why isn't he leav-" The woman was more preoccupied with why he was still there and not leaving. It was rude of her to ignore him as he spoke, but she was more worried about herself than him at this point. Not that she didn't mind him being there, just that she was a nervous wreck when it came to other people. But they always seem so sincere at first when she speaks to people, then comes the favors and then the comments about how much she was not needed after all. All she really wanted to feel was part of a team or feel important for someone for one day. But these were mindless dreams she had. She also had a deep void in her heart, it was nice to speak to people, but it was so difficult for her to do so.

She pushed back her hair. Well if he was going to stick around with her then maybe it wouldn't be so bad? She would just keep on her guard and slink away if he seemed rather too comfortably close to her. Clearing her throat, "My name is Anemone. It's nice to meet you Seul. Umm, if you plan on 'sticking around,' I was just about to take on the Earning a Living Quest. I'm not asking for help or anything, but if you wish to accompany, I guess you can do so." The woman was a little wobbly as she stood up. She had no idea how long she had been sitting on that bench but it was enough to make her a little dizzy, but it was probably from her social anxiety as well. As she stood up, she noticed that male was quite taller than herself. Being a little woman had it advantages, but most of the time people just overlooked that she was even there. She pulled tightly onto her white jacket and took a step forward, her face from the shadows moved to a clear spot where the sun was now directly hitting her face as she caught the handsome face of the player named Seul. Her eyes widened for a moment and she caught herself staring at him for that brief moment. 

Her heart was going a million miles an hour and she smiled gently before apologizing, "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to stare. Umm, shall we get going?" she gestured with her hand as the crowd of people were starting to swarm that particular spot. She took the lead of course because it was her quest, but she was doing all she could not to brush shoulders with anyone as they were walking by. "I wonder if I should say something to him. Like thank you! Or ya know, try being a human for once instead of a frozen icicle? Umm, are you having a good day today, Seul?" she flashed him a small smile as her head turned to meet his gaze as they walked to a now clear intersection of the city. "Good job, Ane. Creep him out with a smile and ask him how his day is going. Did you not notice he was beating up a thug?" she sighed and clenched her hands together as she continued to walk. 

@Seul

That was odd. He thought while following the woman though the city. Was there something on his face and she just wasn’t saying anything to be polite. He couldn’t figure it out, but just shrugged off the behavior as they walked. “Guess I can't really complain too much all things considered. How about you?” Part of him felt like he should have said something more, but then again they had only just met less than ten minutes ago. How much would they really have to talk about? Besides, Seul wasn't used to talking with women. Most of the time he would travel alongside them it was strictly for business, but this was different. Sort of. Just making small talk rather than focusing on the quest was weird.

“So… Earning a Living then. What profession are you trying to get?” With him being a performer and all (by force) he was interested in hearing about how others came to pick their jobs. Most weren’t as unlucky as him to be roped into doing the quest by a group of traveling musicians, but regardless the world definitely did work in strange ways which lead people down certain paths.

Edited by Seul

"Oh! T-that's good." The woman's feet shuffled lightly against the pathway. She was happy that the crowd of people had cleared, she didn't do too well moving through crowds of people. Being a petite woman, she could easily get lost in a sea of people and people don't really notice her and knock her shoulder or something as they walked. Not even a simple "Excuse me," but then again. 

There was a quiet passing of time between the two of them, Anemone thought she had said something stupid or perhaps he was just not interested in talking with her at all. So she cleared her throat and continued towards the Food District and her intended path. She had walked this path several times but had never actually gone to investigate the quest. Which brought up Seul's next line of questions. She was happy to know he was at least somewhat interested or perhaps more so in just passing the time. 

"I plan on becoming a Chef," she said turned her head to meet him, so she was not being rude and talking away from him. Her cute smile on her soft delicate face shone as she made her reply and then some, "I think the best way to set everyone in a good positive mood is to make really yummy foods for them. I know it won't end conflicts with a simple meal, but whenever I am full I seem relatively happy." She turned her head back as they made their way to the Quest NPC, Charlotte. Anxious and excited, Anemone took a few quicker steps towards the NPC and began to gather the details of the quest. She examined them carefully and nodded her head and went back to Seul. 

"Alright. So I have to gather some ingredients and return them to the NPC. Would you like to continue? I am sure there are more exciting things to do in Aincrad than watch a girl picking berries and fruits from trees and plants." @Seul

How did someone like her end up in this hellish world?

Studying Anemone’s expression as she spoke was proving to be more rewarding than he initially intended. There was a sense of purity to her words; a rare trait that Seul originally thought was lost among a majority of players. Despite being in a game centered solely around conflict she only seemed to care about helping others. It was noble, but thinking about the events from earlier with those men only enraged him further. Showin this though  wouldn't help the matter so instead he chose to smile back before she went to the quest’s NPC for information. The wait wasn't long and when she did come back the task didn't sound difficult. In fact she'd probably be able to manage on her own, but…

“Please, picking berries sounds like a vacation compared to what I usually do. Plus I'm enjoying spending time with you ...In a totally not weird sort of way, of course.”

"Ah...You what? I think you need to get your head examined! No one really enjoys being around me unless I am useful to some degree," there was a hot burning blush against her pale complexion. She had looked up at him with those burning ruby red eyes for a brief moment before feeling embarrassed by his words, "I ugh, don't know how you could enjoy being with me since we just met. But I am glad to have you on board." She did a small little bowing curtsey with her twin winged cloak flaps and then smiled back at him while attempting to not be rude and look into his eyes. Her foot turned and she once more gestured towards him to follow her. But instead of taking the lead, she ended up walking side by side him.

There was a comfort thing about this man next to her. A sort of aura that seemed to radiate from his individual being. The woman began to twist her hair with a finger as she would do so nervously, causing the springy hair to become even more so, "So, umm. What do you like to do, Seul?" She asked looking up at him for the question then reverting her gaze back at the stoned path that was now leading out of the city and towards the opening field where the boars had begun to spawn. She took a moment to collect her courage, she didn't engage the mobs in this area. Albeit, she could probably take a few blows. She wasn't squishy in terms of levels, but she wasn't that high either. Boars wouldn't be too much of a threat. 

"Umm, I guess we can go out searching in the field then. If its not too much trouble, would you mind watching my rear while I try and gather the supplies?" In a totally innocent way she had said that, not meaning her butt of course, but to make sure none of the boars deciding to make a run at her while she was bending over and foraging for materials to bring to the NPC

ID: 75153
LD: 18+5 = 23 [+1 Material]

With the sun basking its heavenly rays down on Anemone, the woman delicately stood and bent over the ground picking up several berries from the spot where they had spawned. She had a keen eye thanks to her Search skill and it was very helpful for gathering these supplies. She was very thankful to have picked it up, because she could also perhaps act as a scout for a team in the future. Not that anyone would ever ask... With her lifting her body up from the hips, she smiled back at @Seul, and held out a few of the berries, "I found some!" a small energetic voice peeping out of that otherwise very shy and quiet usual tone of hers.

Edited by Anemone

The words felt almost as sharp as his blade, cutting through most of the good feelings he was having about what little time they had spent together. “Great. Now she probably thinks I'm a weirdo.” Seul wanted to hide, but doing so wouldn't have improved his image any more. Thankfully Anemone didn't seem fully repulsed by his statement and decided to let him stick around for a while longer, but moving forward he'd try his best not to scare her with creepy remarks.

The pair walked side by side now, which oddly enough wasn't something he was quite used to. Most times a clear leader was defined, but this…

“I guess you could say I like to travel. I've been to most of the floors at least once anyway. The way I see it if we're going to be trapped we might as well enjoy some of what the world has to offer... And I guess I'm okay at playing music cause of my profession.” He thought it was a decent answer but shifted a little as his thoughts escaped. Maybe it sounded boring. Hobbies were never something he had much of in the real world either so expecting that to change once he got to Aincrad would have been naive. Getting some might have to be in order moving forward though.

Walking through the fields brought back memories. Bad ones, but not entirely. He would just have to put them aside to focus on the task at hand: Watching Anemone’s butt.

“WHAT?!”

How could she ask him to do something like that? Of course she wasn't, but by the time he realized what she meant she was already at work collecting ingredients. She managed to find quite a few pretty easily, but Seul was still shaken up by the misunderstanding. “T-Thats great! I've been just, you know, watching your rear like you asked. It's uh… All clear-!”

Edited by Seul

Anemone smiled, it was good that someone didn't mind protecting her while she collected the materials although his voice seemed a little shaky when he was saying that, maybe there was something she wasn't reading in regards to the comment. Thinking nothing more of it, the materials were dismissed into her inventory and she took a moment to pause and speak with her Knight, "So a Performer than is it? I have heard this game actually reproduces perfect pitch when the Performer is performing. I have seen many talented musicians during my time on Floor One. When there was that parade celebration for the clearing of the floors, there was always loads of entertainment." Feeling a little better about the situation she was in, Anemone was able to talk without tripping over her words so much. The man who had been keeping guard was someone she had romantized about for a long time. She knew about relationships, but never had actually ever been in one. She had a picky taste when it came to other men, but due to her insisting personality and lack of tact when it came to social recognition, she was very rarely ever asked out to do anything. 

So having him here kinda felt like a little date of some kind, or so she thought. They were kinda together now, somewhat alone in an empty field. She didn't see many other player's around. He was being a gentlemen, he defended her honor against those Tax Guys, and he continued to stay with her even now. He even said he was enjoying his time with her. That was almost the perfect set of words anyone could say to her, and she had let her smile grow a little larger than what she normally gave to someone. Not that she was afraid to smile, just that...

"You have a nice, warm soul. My parents told me about people and their auras. And I feel you have a very passionate one. That's just my opinion though. You aren't like many others I have talked to." 

ID: 75224
LD: 20+5 = 1 Material

She squinted under the sun as she smiled at him, arms crossed over her back as she peered up at him. She lifted one finger at him, a gesture to wait for a moment as she was still doing her quest of collecting materials. She had bent over for a moment to retrieve some more nuts and berries from a small bush. With her head tilted over her shoulder, "Still clear back there?" she asked with a slightly louder voice so he could hear her. @Seul

Edited by Anemone

Breathe. A deep breath was all he needed.

Nothing was out of the ordinary here, right? Right. It was just a minor misunderstanding and she didn't even comment on it so there was no reason to keep worrying. So then why was he? There was nothing strange about this! Just two players doing a quest, nothing more, so there was no reason to feel anything about whatever was going on. Even though (sadly) nothing at all was going on between them.

The woman had become noticeably more talkative than before and while that was great, it only meant that Seul would need to try harder not to come across as weird. He dodged a bullet before through pure luck alone, so simply nodding as she spoke about performers would have to suffice for now. Seeing her smile though… He couldn’t keep up the act for long; it was a sight he just didn't want to lose.

“Thanks, I just try to do what I can. You're very kind yourself though, Ane.” It might have been too soon to start with nicknames, but it was worth an attempt anyway. She didn't seem to mind wither while returning to collect things for the quest. Then it happened. Again. This had to be some sort of nightmare; no one could be this innocent! Her words left him paralyzed for a moment as he stared at the area in question. What was even supposed to say?

“O-Oh, uh, yeah. Still clear! In fact, the view is actually pretty awesome...”

Edited by Seul

"Ane?" She thought about the short version of her name, and although it was a different sound, she didn't seem to mind it all too much. Whilst she had retrieved the nuts and berries the node had produced, the woman had scampered back to her knight. He was doing a very good job of protecting her, both in a physical form from the boars that spawned and mentally from the mishap that happened earlier. She still had strong feelings attached to that situation and whenever she thought about it, that hot blush would cross over over nose and face and burned hot against her white as snow cheeks. It was quite a peculiar day, she had never thought she would finally have the courage to get on and do this quest.

When he mentioned the view was nice, the woman had smiled and stood there for a moment. A cool breeze had whipped by around them in the afternoon sun. The boars, while intimidating to some, seemed less expressive and violent with a Knight like Seul on guard to watch over her. She was something of a Christian woman at heart, and she felt the strong semblance of guardian angel in and around Seul's captivating eyes, he was quite watchful. She placed a single finger in her mouth and began to chew on the tip to find another good spot where she could find more materials, "Would you mind going a little deeper with me? It might be a little harder to hit that right spot for the materials, but I think it would make for much tastier outcome with the collection." She had looked at Seul with an intense gaze as she had said those words, "Oh, my. You look a little pale. Are you feeling alright, Sir Knight? Perhaps we can just look some more in this area?" 

ID: 75331
LD: 1+5 = 6

When Anemone had sought out something close by, she got on her knees and looked down at a peculiar looking fruit. It seemed fresh and interesting, but nothing she had ever seen before, "I bet this might taste really good...if I could just...reach...Oooh! Ahh!" with a small squeaking sound, Anemone had shifted and fell on her butt. When she had reached for the mysterious fruit, it had gushed some kind of liquid in her face that was slightly white in color with a very salty taste. She looked back at @Seul and waved her hand, "I'm ok!" with a somewhat low voice as she used one of her twin cape pieces to smear away whatever had squirted up at her. 

Edited by Anemone

Was she trying to kill him? Even if she wasn't, it was working. He wasn't even this oblivious! As she spoke he stayed quiet and simply nodded to whatever was said next. He needed a distraction or something. Anything at this point.

Clearly he wasn't hold it together well as she pointed out how pale he had turned. Moving on to collect more materials seemed like an answer from the heavens… At first. Of course the fruit had to squirt on her in such a way. Expecting anything less was probably just foolish on his part. He had to do something.

After walking over Seul offered her his hand, but held on even once she was back up. He then studied her face for a moment before speaking. “Anemone. This… Might sound weird since we just met and all, but I was wondering if after we’re done with this quest maybe you'd want to go out for a bit?”

Edited by Seul

Taking his hand, her small one was dwarfed by his own as she felt the warm clasp of his fingers over hers. The brief contact sent a signal to her brain to pull away, but she steeled her nerves through the anxious scenario and was helped up to her feet. She gave a quiet, "Thank you," and he began to study (?) her face. Her ruby red kissed eyes looked up at him for a brief moment before swinging them down towards the ground, "Ugh, do I have more of that juice on my face? Why is he-" when he asked the question, her mind had turned off and went blank. She wasn't exactly sure what he meant, were they not already out to begin with? Perhaps he truly was enjoying her company, she knew she was enjoying his. 

She cleared her throat and rested her eyes on his once more and nodded, "I don't think there would be a problem with that. I don't exactly have anything to do after this quest, most of my days are pretty built up with lots of lame." Her soft smile radiated off her facial expression like a orb of purity, her hands knitted behind her as she felt slightly embarrassed by her own comment. True enough, she never really planned out her day. She would either be at a cafe sipping on some water or perhaps just walking around and steering clear of any dangerous involvement with the mobs. But today not only had she got on her feet to do something productive, she was going into her own business soon and then there was this guy; so perfect and sweet and honorable. She could not even stop the hot blushes that bloomed on her face when he spoke to her. 

"Um, what did you have in mind, @Seul?" Amidst all this she had quite frankly forgot she needed to collect a few materials, but it seemed she was pretty close to what the quest needed. So she would be happy with what she had and perhaps start the afternoon with this guy beside her. Although she was still probably a little unsure about him. He could very well be sweet now, but that didn't mean something could flip a switch and trigger him. She worried constantly about these things, but she swept that under the rug and smiled up at him once more notifying him she was OK. 

Honestly that wasn't the answer he was expecting. His luck with women had been nonexistent up till this point so now this was like treading into uncharted territory. A smile grew across his face as he looked at her and slowly he released his grip from her hand while taking a step back. “Well… If you don't mind going to the higher floors I could show you around some places I like to visit.”

Sure it might not have been the best date idea, but it would give him the opportunity to get to know her better at least. If only there was a festival of some sort going on like the one that was held a few months back.

“Oh yeah, I just remembered.” He said while opening up his menu. After fiddling through it for a second the trade HUD would appear before Anemone with a single item in it. “It's a lucky coin. It's supposed to improve a player’s ability to find things, but my search skill is so low it's not worth it for me to keep it.”

--

Item Traded:

Edited by Seul

"Oh I don't mind!" Her voice was hurried to get that out, like she didn't want to miss the opportunity. When he asked, her body reacted along with her voice, taking a few steps closer to him with her hands up to the level of her neck as they were clasped together. She smiled awkwardly at her behavior attempting to not freak him out by her sudden movement. She had no idea what possessed her to do such a thing either, they had only known each other for a handful of minutes and already she was being charmed by this guy. HER! Of all the people! Her mind fluttered, her heart rate was jumpy, her palms were getting sweaty and she was nervous.

"It has been difficult to go sightseeing with anyone. I am usually a pretty closed off sort of person not that I am mean or anything, just that, well as you can tell I am a hot mess sometimes. I can be relatively soft spoken, people don't tend to hear me when I speak. I am obviously shy around people I don't know, not very socially inclined. And I could do it alone, but..." there was always that fear that someone could just grab her hand, hurl her outside the safe zone and play stabbing games with her until she was no more.  Her thoughts were morbid until that voice to spoke to her again and the sound of a trade chime.

When the item appeared, she looked at it with a hand drawn to her face and looked up at him as well. A gift? For her? She was almost in tears now. Her eyes were tearing up, "I have never been gifted anything before. A Lucky Coin? I'll be sure to treasure this forever, Seul. Thank you." Feeling the heat from the blush on her face, the woman accepted the item in her inventory. She knew what she could do with this item and it was both a treasure and a useful item. She would honor it. 

"Well, if you wouldn't mind walking back with me to the Quest NPC, I can turn this quest in and we can do what you would like to do next." @Seul

--

Item Accepted: 

Lucky Coin [+3 LD]

He was glad to hear she was up for the trip and at to see just how much she had opened up during their time together. The gift was well received too so overall things seemed to be going well for him this time around. There was something special about Anemone and Seul found her behavior to be cute above all else. He happily agreed to walk with her back to the quest NPC, but was trying to figure out just exactly where to go first for their date.

It was obvious he wanted her to like him, but knowing what little he did about her along with his lack of experience in the field made it difficult to guess what she'd enjoy doing. Regardless, it was probably best just to not worry about it and go with the flow.

“I can't wait to try some of the food you make once you’re set up with your profession. I plan on being first in line just so you know.” He said once they arrived back in town.