[F05-PP] Another One Bites the Dust (ft. Jazz & Shadowpixel)

Jazz was waiting in the designated area where a certain quest would start, one that would reward her with more survivability, which was great since it meant that she could focus more on supporting others than worrying about herself in an emergency. She had posted an LFG post on the request board on the first floor, looking for a plus one to join her on taking this quest, making sure to note that even really low levels were welcome to join if they trusted her ability. Being a support and healer, she had already invested into her role to obtain the ability to heal others, which would certainly make this quest easier on them. However, this game wasn't very forgiving and if they were truly unlucky in the desert, it could turn sour fast. She had made note that anybody accepting the quest with her must acknowledge the true dangers of the quest, but she didn't expect things to go too wrong out here. With the research she did, there would be no mobs on the route and it was an easy, two day hike across the dunes.

Spoiler

<<The Traveler>>

This quest takes place on Floor 5
This quest is repeatable
This RP will not count in the benchmark

A mysterious NPC wearing a thick cloak that wraps around her entire body, including her face, approaches and explains that she has precious cargo in the depths of the deserts, hidden beneath the sand. She has become weak with sickness, and must rest. However, the goods must be recovered within two days. It's up to you to find it.

The trip into the desert will take a day and a night, so you must be prepared to survive. Once in the desert, you lose 10 points of health every time you roll a 1 on your crafting die due to the wind and the sand. If you manage to survive this quest and find the cargo, you will be gifted with the <<Survival>> extra skill.

This skill will give you the ability to survive harsh areas.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- The cargo must be found
- Repeat completions will not reward the player with additional skill points.

Rewards:

1. Survival: (Extra Skill) No Ranks. Passive. Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.
  2. 1 Skill Point
Parties or Groups are encouraged and all party members participating can earn the skill. Health recovery items recommended.

Recommended Level: 10

Edited by Jazz

Pixel had read a request post on the fifth floor and decided, why not? A quick quest would be fun. She might even meet someone new. Pixel took a stroll to where the quest would start. It would be an easy quest, The Traveler. There was no combat, just avoid taking damage from the sand and it's all good. Pixel had her battle healing skill, so if she did take any damage, it would be healed instantly. She decided not to wear her battle gear for this quest and just wear her purple yukata. The quest was just finding some cargo in the desert and bringing it back to some lady, so Pixel knew she had this in the bag. She reached the place where the quest would start, and she saw Jazz waiting there. Her partner in the quest so to speak. Pixel waved at Jazz with a smile as she arrived.

It wouldn't be too long of a wait before the player that had accepted her request would arrive, sporting a similarly simple outfit as Jasmine. It was quite relieving to know that the other player had done a fair share of research, considering that any combat gear would be useless, even with the regeneration enhancement. However, to Jasmine's lack of knowledge, she didn't know that Shadowpixel didn't know that battle healing wouldn't provide any use either, but Jazz's first aid would provide ample healing to any damage Pixel would take. Waving in return, she'd welcome the newcomer and head over to the NPC to start the quest, "Ah, you must have seen my request. Nice to meet ya, I'm Jazz." Quickly skipping through the dialogue to get the quest going, she would then lead the way to the outskirts of the city with a gleaming smile, "I'm guessing you're pretty low down in the ranks of players like myself, but if you need any help when we exit the city, don't hesitate to ask."

@Shadowpixel

Edited by Jazz

Pixel smiled back at Jazz, "I think I'll be fine. I'm not a super strong player, but I can handle myself." Pixel explained quickly. She found it funny that Jazz rushed through the text from the NPC. It was something that everyone did in RPGs. Most text from the NPCs in the game were bland with little emotion. The outskirts of the city went by quickly. Pixel stopped caring about what the buildings looked like at this point. They were all the same, with only small details changed on each one, or just the color changed. Pixel followed Jazz to the sands just outside the desert, where the special cargo was supposed to be. It shouldn't be too hard to find. Anything would stand out in the sands. "You lead the way, I'll be right behind you." Pixel said.

Jazz didn't have a clue that Pixel was quite a few levels higher than herself, but neither of them would have any trouble whatsoever getting the job done. Now that they had reached the edge of the city, the rest of the world looked like a barren wasteland of dirt, though there were a variety of shades of brown. Taking the first steps into the danger zone, she would take the lead, just as Pixel suggested, knowing that the first day should go by pretty quickly if they gave some small talk to pass the time. As Jazz hadn't yet knocked out anything of importance or been to any eventful gatherings, she had to stick to what she had knowledge about - the real world. However, it wasn't some place that she was too excited to get back to, "Mind me asking where you come from in the world?" It was a question that would likely to be drawn out of the dusty thin air around them, "Like the majority of players here, I assume, I'm from a rural area in Japan... not as glamorous as the world makes it out to be." Even more so when one was locked out from exploring it...

Jazz: 100/100

@Shadowpixel: xxx/xxx

[74894] CD of 2

Edited by Jazz

Pixel thought about the question, many people ask her what is like for her in the real world, since it is the easiest thing to talk about besides the game. "I live in a more suburban area in Japan. Things are nice, but boring since there are hardly any kids where I live. I'm lucky enough to live in the suburbs." Pixel answered. She coughed for moment, but cleared her throat and kept walking. This was going to be the quest, so Pixel just cleared her voice for a conversation. Simply walking would drag everything out way too long. Besides, it was better to get to know someone if you'll be with them for a bit. "So... what do you like to do?" Pixel asked. She made it up on the spot, she didn't really know what to talk about, so she just went with an easy question.

@Jazz: 100/100

Shadowpixel: 140/140

[74898] CD of 6

Edited by Shadowpixel

Small world after all, though she couldn't say that she didn't expect her to come from Japan as well. It was pretty odd to hear that there was a lack of kids in the area that she grew up in, "Huh, figured they would have been more common in the suburbs." Merely jumping to that conclusion with the logic that more populated areas had more children, she didn't spend too much time thinking about the matter. Instead, she hopped at the opportunity that Pixel had opened up for her, a passion that nobody in the real world quite seemed to understand, "I love to explore - mountains, forests, the city... any place out of the norm." She didn't suppress the smile, "I would always be out and about in the real world, at least until I got into some trouble in the real world. Prior to getting stuck in this world, I was pretty much locked away with far less freedom than I have here." While it was obvious that she wasn't talking about prison, it sure came off as that, "It's a little sickening for most people to hear, but this place was... in a way, a gift - to me, at least." She paused for a moment in case there was any retort on the controversial subject, "Got anything you're passionate about"

Jazz: 100/100

@Shadowpixel: 140/140

[74917] CD of 9

Edited by Jazz

Pixel thought about what Jazz had said, it was a little bit controversial talking about if it was good or bad being in the game, but Pixel didn't take it in a bad way. "I'm not very passionate about much besides video games. I get my grades, then it's just straight to the Switch or my PS5. Video games are what keep me going honestly. In a neighborhood with hardly any kids, it's hard to get into sports or anything like that." Pixel explained as she began to fan herself. She was getting a little hot, and a little bit of sweat was coming from her head, but Pixel stayed calm. "Also, about being trapped in the game, I think of it as almost a stroke of luck. This game gives me the freedom that I've always wanted." Pixel said as she continued to walk. The sand was also getting to her as it had done a little bit of damage to her. Pixel noticed that her HP bar had drained from 140 to 130 HP.

Roll ID: 75368

LD: 1

@Jazz: 100/100

Shadowpixel: 140/140

Edited by Shadowpixel