F1-PP. Quest: Earning a Living

Sky had stayed down while Mist had practiced her..... technique. Frankly it scared him, he had almost been hit, if she swung that... LIKE that... out their??? He hadn't been out of the town yet, and he would rather his first time not be his last. He honestly wanted to go out, learn how this world worked, and work his way into the frontlines!! He wanted to make it out of this death trap. For now, he would focus on leveling. But he wanted to survive long enough to actually do it. So far, judging by what he had seen, the girl, eatos, she seemed a little closed off, nice but closed off. And then Mist. He actually liked her, she was friendly, and well... she was just a nice girl. He wondered if she was like that in the real world to.

He patted the sword on his back, the straight sword he had chosen to use. He didn't know why, but he had just... well.... always had liked the sound of swords. 

"O..kay.... lets go get some material!!!" He said, opening up for a minute before shyly quieting down, moving near Mist, who he felt safe near, as he followed the blue haired girl. 

"Umm... how far away are we going?"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eatos lead the pair, her friends?, towards the mining facility. While she did watch her surroundings, she allowed her mind to roam, with limits. She kept it focused on Stryder and Mist. Mist was kind-hearted, and if she was completely honest, she liked the girl. She gave off such a positive vibe it was impossible not to feel energised by her, infected almost. Today, meeting Mist, Katherine felt more alive than she had in days. It was a really nice shift of pace. Stryder, she was, less certain about. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to trust him, but it was merely the aura she could feel. It worried her, he seemed almost brooding. To her, on a personal level, it clouded the air around him. Although, she hoped she was wrong.

She forced her mind back to what was around her hearing Stryder ask how much longer more till they arrive at the mining. She paused her walking and checked out the mini-map. It was barely a minute away from where they were standing now, after all, it was a low level mining location on floor 1. How risky would it be honestly? Despite that, she found comfort in the two people behind her.

“I-its just here” she said, pointing through a set of trees and, true enough, there it was. It wasn’t very large, with barely a dozen mining spots. But, most importantly to Eatos, it was free of enemies. “Lets get going!” She felt a buzz in her heart, excitement. She’d get her job, her profession, and from that, she could start a new life, here, in SAO. With this spur, she moved, almost ran, forwards into the mining pit.

"Maybe to the end of the world." Mist joked happily, in response to Stryder's question. After a little while of walking they finally arrived. "Wow so amazing." The spearwoman said twirling around and taking the environment in, it was very pretty, she had to stop herself from running off and exploring, remembering that there was work which needed to be done. Although Mist even viewed that as something which could potentially be fun. Noticing a vein of ore she suddenly raised her pickaxe above her head and charged at it. Swinging down hard, the instrument completely missed the ore and went straight into a tree causing pieces of bark and debris to fly everywhere. "Whoops... hehe." She turned around laughing sheepishly. Perhaps the other two would have better luck.

In the corner of her eye she suddenly saw a flash of orange and white. Spinning her head she turned to look, only whatever it was it had gone by now. "Nawww..." Rubbing her eyes she then let out a yawn, that one charge had taken quite some energy out of her. Once the others had had a go, she would get back to helping. For now the spearwoman lay her back against a tree and took in the world.

ID# 76922 results:

Loot: 10 (no loot found)

@Stryder

Edited by Mist

Sky stayed quiet, a little nerve racked at 'end of the world', even though he knew it wasn't true. Though the moment they got to their destination, his whole... well world changed!!! He had never actually been outside of the town of beginnings, and despite it being a virtual world, as he looked around he couldn't help but just.... forget he was in a game. He took a happy breath, then saw Mist run over and swing her pick, only to get it lodged in a tree. He couldn't suppress the laugh that game out, a small tear falling down his face from it.

He walked over to the same spot she had missed in, noticing she had given up. He shrugged, lifting the pick over his head and swinging down, hitting the mark perfectly!!! He repeated it a few times, and randomly he noticed a item show up, a... iron ore. 

"YEAH GOT ONE!"

------- 

ID# 76975 results:

Loot: 15 (1 loot found)

Edited by Stryder

Eatos spent her time looking around at first, at the mining pit, but more so, the surroundings. The trees were, amazing. She wasn't much of a nature child, after all, she'd lived in cities her whole life, but it was so, real. She knew SAO was meant to look good, but she hadn't been expecting this by far. It was, lovely. Part of her allowed her to think about what lakes would be like, and how much she'd love to see one, when she heard the results of Mist swinging her axe, into a tree. While first alarmed the girl had hurt herself, she soon found herself unable not stop the snickering. It was sorta funny, in a cute way. Mist seemed to, childish, even if she wasn't as young as Eatos had first thought. To see that, it was hard not to find it amusing. She noticed that even Stryder hadn't missed it. Of course, Stryder was successful in getting an ore!

"Oh, y-you found one?" She asked, even though the answer would obviously yes, she mentally sighed at the stupidity of her question, before realizing that, despite it being HER quest, she was the last to take a swing. She found the spot she wanted, and lined up her pickaxe, taking a deep breath in. She raised the pickaxe above her head, and closed her eyes before bringing it down with all her might. Of course, closing her eyes out of the fear something would bounce into them caused her to miss entirely, her pickaxe slamming into the dirt instead of the rock formation. Slowly opening her eyes, she realized she'd missed, and how silly she'd been to close her eyes.

"...Huh, I suppose closing my eyes was a stupid move huh...?" She said, partly to herself, partly to the others. Despite her failure, she found it amusing. How was she going to hit anything if she wasn't watching?! She pouted, leaving the axe in the dirt and looking over at Mist "Mist, are you ok?" she asked, curious as the other girl was resting up against a tree.

ID#77118

Loot: 14 (No loot found I think) 

Edited by Eatos

"Huh?" The spearwoman spun her head to meet Eatos. It appeared the two had been far more successful than her, managing to collect a piece of iron ore. "Heheh, I am sorry. I am still not use to all this yet." She said scratching the back of her head. Scrunching up her face she then glared at the pickaxe in her lap. "Alright I am ready to take another shot." Slowly she raised the instrument, despite it having become more of a weapon in her hands and then she charged at another vein of ore. Only this time her foot got caught under a tree root and she went rolling forwards into another tree. "Errr....." For a moment she was prone and dazed, for now it'd be up the other two to see if they could gather any more materials. The brunette managed to mumble a slight sorry failing to realize her pick had flung off and buried itself in a tree rather near the other players.

ID# 77119 results:

Loot: 2 (Nuuuu my eyes burn)

@Stryder

Edited by Mist

Sky watches as once again Mist fails to actually collect anything, having tripped on a branch. But before he could really laugh, the pick flew right past him and got lodged in a tree, then he laughed, loudly. He felt bad for her, she had bad luck so far. He also noticed as Eatos missed to, having just nicked it but not actually getting the ore needed. They had bad luck, but maybe it was because they just started? So far he was the only one to get one, but he knew that they would. 

He walked over to where Eatos had missed, looking at the vain, he raised his pick, and slammed it down, repeating it for a minute or so. At one point he almost missed, but with some difficulty, he managed to nick it in. He pulled the pick once it got stuck, and as he pulled, out came more iron. He watched as an item screen appeared, giving it to him.He felt pretty proud of himself, and he was starting to open up to this particular group.

"Two for two!!!!" He shouts, happy that he was actually useful for once.

------------

ID# 77293 results:

Loot: 18

(Am i lucky or is this site setting me up to die.....)

Eatos smiled over to Mist. She didn't blame the girl for not being used to it yet, she was still struggling to adapt to the new system of life. She watched Mist go for another swing, only to fall on her face after tripping over. The scene was, comical and tragic. She felt bad for Mist, twice the girls swing had been interrupted, first by tree, now by...tree again. Did trees have a personal vendetta against Mist? Still, it seemed that the only one having any success was Stryder, proven once again as he came over to the rock she'd missed, swinging and successfully managing to get his hands on another Iron ore. Eatos wasn't silly enough to protest, after all, it was the ores she needed, But it would be embarrassing if she wasn't able to mine anything!

With that in mind, she picked herself up and took aim. She wouldn't mess this up, and promised herself. Raising the pickaxe above her head, and this time, keeping her eyes open, she brought it down hard. And it hit! She had to stop herself from jumping, but couldn't stop the grin, as her pickaxe hit the mark, and she obtained an iron ore herself!

"I did it! Woo!" She celebrated, not realizing how petty her victory was given it was merely an ore, nothing more. She looked over to the pair that was helping her out. So far they had, three ore between them. She only needed a few more to have enough for the blade she was making, hopefully it didn't fail. She doubted she'd get back her ores if she failed smithing the blade....

Roll #77336. Loot: 17

As the day drew on the other two seemed to be getting the hand of everything, unfortunately, Mist, on the other hand, was having no success in gathering any materials. "Mmm..."  She mumbled underneath her breath annoyed that nothing was dropping for her. The spearwoman could hit the ore by now, but it appeared the resources were beginning to deplete. "I wonder how many materials Eatos will need to craft her items?" The brunette flicked her hair to one side and looked deep into the forest. A world of adventure was waiting for her and maybe her newly found friends once they had completed this quest. "I hear the fourth floor is a winter wonderland." She continued mumbling on to herself happily as the others continued their hard work. By now Mist had fully given up on trying to farm any more materials. 

ID# 77482 results:

Loot: 10
@Stryder

Edited by Mist

Sky had started getting a little bit.... overexcited. He had gotten his first two tries perfectly without any hitches, and he was planning on bringing home a third. He was going to do it, get the fourth piece of ore. He ran over to a spot, the day had been long and hard so far, but he didn't care. He was actually enjoying himself!!! He was doing something!!! He was actually making a difference for once in his life!!! 

Or... so he thought...

He ran over to a piece of ore, only to move to fast, tripping and going head over, flipping over into a rock, yelping as he hit it. He didn't lose any hp... luckily, but it still hurt... at least he thought it did, but he quickly realized that it really actually didn't... much. He looked at the ore he had been running for, his pick laying right next to it... He sighed, walking over and picking it up, hoping no one had seen him trip and make a fool of himself...

-------------

ID# 77534 results:

Loot: 14

After successfully managing to mine herself an iron ore, the girl mentally went over what she knew about mining, or more specifically, smithing. She needed several iron ores, and currently she had picked up one, while Stryder had picked up two. In a way she was lucky, she'd need 4 ores to craft a blade, assuming she didn't fail in the crafting of it. But she hoped she wouldn't. With three down, she needed only a single ore more to go. As she lifted her pickaxe, she wondered if the others, who were kindly helping her, would want a weapon? She wouldn't be able to craft them much yet, given she'd be a low level, but they had been helpful and, in turn, felt she should pay them back. Why not pay them back by offering to make them weapons?

"Hey Mist, Stryder..." She said, getting their attention as she prepared to swing again "Do you guys want, like, me to make you stuff? Weapon I mean, since you're helping me get my blacksmithing mark..." she offered as she lifted the pickaxe above her head. She brought it down, but as she did, lost her footing slightly and stumbled, slamming the axe hard into the ground next to the ore she wanted to get. She pouted at her failure, sighing. How was she meant to be a blacksmith if she couldn't even mine her minerals and ores properly!

#Id: 77730

Loot: 9 (Faliure)

Mist had been examining some strange furry animal at the time the others had been mining. "Hey, there little guy." She said stroking the creature behind its ear, it seemed to like that briefly rolling over before scrambling off into the forest. Mist blinked a few times watching it go, a sweet smile spread across her lips. As she spun back around she heard Eatos call her name, in the most elegant way possible she moved back over. For a moment she listened to Eatos, the rapier user seemed to be offering her a spear that could be crafted later.

"That'd be awesome! But um." She cupped hands together and brought them to her mouth, her eyes dropping in sadness slightly. "I haven't really been able to help, I am sorry." Her voice had also dropped down a tone, to something more depressing. "I'll see what I can do." She continued to mumble picking up the pickax and once again trying to collect a material. As the tool made contact it cut into the iron ore there was a slight pause, a moment later a total of x1 iron ore appeared. Mist wasn't known for a fickle nature, but her face quickly lit up, "Here ya go." She said turning and handing Eatos the iron ore. In the meantime it appeared @Stryder was still recovering from his fall.

ID# 78005 results:

Loot: 18 (material found)

Edited by Mist

Hmm? Did... someone just....

He had rarely had anyone actually offer him anything, and very rarely had it meant a life or death situation.... at all!!! He was shocked!!! Glad, but shocked. Eatos had just offered to make weapons for him, and for Mist. He had chosen to use 1 handed straight swords in this game. He already had a point specc'ed in it, he couldn't go back now... and he did only have the basic piece of iron that, well, didn't do much... 

He then heard that Mist got a ore, which he counted as four. He opened up the menu, going to party and pulling up Eatos. He went to trade, and then put the ore he had gotten on it, and sent the request. After he sent that, he responded.

"Th...thats nice of you to offer.... but i'd feel bad if you made something and i didn't pay you or anything... isn't that stealing?" He asks, before looking back at the menu, staring at one option in particular.... He didn't know if he should send a friend request to these two or not, but he liked them.. and friends would be a good start to surviving...

Eatos smiled at the pair, as they both handed over to her several ores, all the while pondering her question. She had expected them to say yes without hesitation, as payment for helping her after all. She felt bad about Mist, the girl had been trying so hard, only to come up short each time (No pun intended, yet). In a weird way, it was almost a celebration when the spearwomen finally managed to acquire an ore!  That made the 4th Ore, and in theory, that was all she needed to craft her first blade! Then after that, she could get her level up, and make the best weapons and armour! She needed to start somewhere....

"Mist, you've done so much to help!" The Rapier-wielder smiled as she accepted the ore from the girl "You pointed my towards the professions in the first place, helped me start any of this. Of course i'm gunna make you something" The girl placed her pickaxe back within her inventory, sorting it out to be nice, neat and organized.

That's when Stryder sent over his two ores, which she accepted quickly, before frowning at him. He...what he said, didn't make sense to the girl. He felt bad about her making him equipment, even though he came out here to gather materials for her? "It's not stealing if you've helped gather the materials...And last I checked, you gathered half of what I needed" she said to him. Was it pride with him? Or was it something else? She wasn't sure in all honesty, but she was curios.

"Well!" She said loud enough to address both of them "That's 4 ores, which i'm pretty sure is all I need to forge a blade....Now, I think..hmm, I gotta, go that way?" She looked at her map, which was pointing an arrow back to the town. It took her a few moments to realize she needed a forge to build a blade, and she facepalmed when she realized this. "Well, that's one part done...I just hope I don't mess up forging the blade itself..."

"I guess we can head back now." Mist said performing a semi-twirl, as Eatos had gathered all the materials they had managed to farm. She took another glance at the forest before turning and elegantly making her way, whilst humming a light-hearted tune to herself in the process. Eatos had reminded her that she had helped them all get here so perhaps that redeemed her of the fact she had only been able to get one material. Equipping her two-handed spear she looked down at the pointed bit of metal, "I wonder what spear I should request, maybe nothing too serious." Unfortunately for her friend the spearwoman's version of 'not too serious' was most likely still 'too serious'. After mulling over a design she turned her full body around and began walking backward whilst facing the others. "I would like a spear with a moonlit silver-blue blade and oh and a ghostly like fog which is shed off the weapon during night." Mist continued to ramble on about the various design features until they finally reached the brink of the forest. Grinning happily she turned to Stryder "What are you going to have on yours?"

She had a point.... He had gotten half the materials she needed, so it wasn't really just stealing... but he felt bad about just taking advantage of this, but then right after he heard Mist going on about what kind of blade she wanted, and it made him laugh and not feel to guilty anymore. He had gotten half, and he had helped, and it was an offer he couldn't really turn down. He just had to hope she could make them both a blade, however good or bad quality it would end up. He snapped out of his semi daze to talk to Mist as she asked about his weapon, and unlike her wanting some ghostly fog he decided to... be a little nicer to the poor girl.... At least he hoped was being....

"Umm... i guess il have a one handed Longsword with a golden middle blade, the outer parts a Black, a black and gold hilt with...... Wait.... actually how about Black, gold and blue hilt with a shine on it!!! That sounds bad.... How about a sword with a crystal blue hilt and a fully luminescent crystal purple blade that shines brightly with a dust effect that comes off as blue ice!!" 

He says, dropping his shield and opening up to the two, now actually feeling comfortable. He quickly shy'ed down on the inside though, hoping he hadn't... well, really asked for to much.

Eatos wanted to pay them back for their help, after all, without Mist she’d probably never have found the professions, and without Stryder, well, the mining would have taken her a very long time. So it stood to reason that she would, when she had sufficient materials, to create them weapons and armour. At first, she’d give them out for free, but then, she’d make bargins. More than likely she’d ask for ores in exchange for the equipment, or lacking that, just Col. But all that was in her future!

Although, she wasn’t gunna lie, she felt that the pair of them were evil as she listened to their elaborate requests! A moon-lit spear with Ghost fog?! Was that even a thing? And how in the world do you make fog come off a weapon?! And as for Stryder, a crystal based hilt, dust effect off the blade AND a crystal purple blade itself?! As much as she wanted to become a good blacksmith, that, was way beyond her skills in her honest opinion. She wasn’t even a smith, and the things they were asking, she doubted she could do, even if she WAS a good smith.

And the look on the girls face told the story. She was absolutely baffled by the requests, and was silent, in slight shock, at the elaborate requests. After a minute, she found her voice.

“I…I have, no idea, how I’d even start making those…All those extra effects, the crystals and fog…I-i…I wanna, but, I’ve never built a blade before, yet alone anything like that…Hell I don’t even think I could do half of that” she took a deep breath “I-I really am sorry, I want to help, but all of that, I feel like its way beyond what I’ll ever be able to do…”

Part of her did feel some guilt, turning away their creativity, but she was certain that at her low levels, creating such blades were far beyond her…for now.

"Hehehe." Mist giggled to herself sinisterly. Whether Eatos could make them or not it was still funny to see her reaction to the rather absurdly designed weapon. Stryder's design wasn't much different either. "So which way to we go?" Mist suddenly asked spinning back around, she had been leading the group but had lost track and now the there group was in a forest and she had little idea as to where anything was supposed to be. Suddenly a nearby shuffling came from the undergrowth followed by a loud pitch squealing. "Huh? I wonder what that is." As she pulled the foliage to one side a large boar rushed out the undergrowth causing her to cry out in surprise and roll backward on herself. 

The boar wasn't particularly large however it proceeded to charge right at Mist. Fumbling about for her spear she managed to pick it up only for the blade to completely miss the target. The boar hit out at her with its tusks goring her left arm open, a few crystals coming away from it. This was the first time she had been in combat, hopefully, Stryder and Eatos could help her to take this boar down.

ID 78940:

Battle: 3 (miss)

MOB: 6 (hit)
_________

[H:0] Mist - 15/20 Health | 0/2 Energy | 3 Damage

Boar - 5/5 Health | 5 Damage

Edited by Mist

Sky couldn't help but join in laughing a little with Mist as Eatos pretty much reacted, stunned and shocked. He had known she wouldn't be able to make it... despite how much he actually wanted that blade he knew one day she could make it. Until then, he was just going to enjoy annoying her with ridiculous requests. He stopped though when he watched Mist walk into a bush, and a boar came out!!! He yelped, suprised, but then saw Mist unable to draw her spear quickly, then, when she tried to strike, he quickly drew his sword. As the boar hit her, he quickly ran in, it was a boar, but this was a life and death game!!!

He ran in, sword raised, swerving past Mist as he charged right at the boar. He had never been in combat in this game, but he had fought enough in real life to know how to move okayish, and from what he could tell so far, the game only made him move better! He side stepped to the side of the boar, raising his arm and slashing a massive gash right across its face, leaping over it as he stabbed through it, then quickly pulled his sword out and watched as it bled particles as it grew weaker. He then quickly moved towards Mist. She had been hit, he was going to do what he could to keep her safe

"You alright?"

---------------

Stryder - 20/20 -energy ? DMG 2

Boar - 1/5  - DMG 5

ID# 78961 results:

Battle: 10 Hit (critical)

Craft: 8

Loot: 3

MOB: 2

It took Eatos some time to realize the pair of them were intentionally messing with her, and when it finally flicked, while she did roll her eyes are herself, she also laughed. It was, relaxing. She'd been tense since she'd arrived in this death game. To finally let down her guard and relax for a bit, it was a nice shift in pace to what she'd experienced uptill today.

Mist asked her where they were doing, and that's when Eatos finally looked around. She had...no idea. How did they get here?! The path trialed backwards, so they must have missed a turn, and it was her fault. She had the map in her display, how could she have been that distracted to miss that!? She mentally slapped herself for being too day-dreamy. But, the arrival of the boar changed everything in her mind. 'FLEE!' was her first thought, to run away and ensure she lived. That was, of course, until she saw Mist get hit.

She hadn't known Mist long, but the girl, Eatos liked her. She was sweet, positive and relaxing to be around. To see the girl, admittantly with a weapon a tad bit too big for her, It enraged her. She didn't want to die herself, the mere thought terrified her, but, Mist, didn't want to die either. She drew her blade as Stryder went in, and started slicing up the boar! Looks like it was weak then, a low level if she had to guess. With that instilling confidence in her, Eatos charged with her Rapier.

Unfortunately, Eatos had never even experimented with the games combat system before, and thus, was unprepared mentally of how to attack. She got closish to the Boar, before taking several swings at it. She realized, perhaps too late, that not only had her swings not even connected, but now she was too close and it was looking at her! The eyes turning to her, even if it was a low level monster, froze her heart.  The girl reacted instantly, she took several steps backwards breathing heavily! It hadn't attacked her, but that didn't mean it was a nice feeling.

She threw a glance over at Stryder, and Mist. Hopefully the boar wouldn't attack the other girl, she had been hit once already.

ID  79123

Battle: 5 (Miss)

-------

Eatos - 20/20 HP - Energy 2/2? Damage 1

Boar - 1/5  - DMG 5

Edited by Eatos