[PP:F17] When in Greece... w/Sey [Complete]

When Anemone heard of a Greek themed floor, she wanted to visit. It was on her bucket list back home to visit Greece one day and to soak in all the culture it had to offer. But now she was given a chance to go back in time and visit the likes of Athenaia, one of the many settlements of the Floor. When she arrived, her eyes had to adjust to the stark white marble constructions of the Town. It looked so authentic and rich in the atmosphere around her. The woman placed a hand over her mouth, she was simply awestruck by the creative mind who came up with such a floor. There were many Wonders Aincrad had to offer its citizens and she had to peg that this place was one of those places that felt special to her. 

She had been scouting around the other floors as well to eventually build her shop. This floor and its collection of culture seemed to ring true to her, she could definitely find a cozy spot somewhere around these parts to create her shop...Maybe. But in order to do that, she needed some worthwhile materials as well. It was a two fold mission; gather materials for her future shop and to gather materials for items she needed for her shop and items she needed once again for her own self worth. Now then...now came the trouble in finding someone to help her out. There lied the challenge. 

@Sey

Edited by Anemone

In a theme that was supposed to represent Greece, who better to arrive on the scene by a half-American player raised in Britain with an Asian name in the real world? Sey was just an unusual name in any language regardless, and that alone struck more self-deprication points if anything. His reason for being so high up was to carry through with the item searching like he had been telling himself he would do. Well, more like material hunting. Why this one specifically... Honestly, he just liked the theme. It was something new. And he needed to stay true to the original purpose of being in the game. Seeing new sights and traveling. He usually did not need to go out with someone to find the materials, since he did have the gatherer skill to aid him in his search and one item to increase his loot chances... And despite this being a higher floor where everyone probably could handle themselves, he would look around anyways. After all, another part of his mission was to help as many players as he could. The more connections in this game, the better. But as his brunette eyes would scan the scene, he would let out a sigh as he saw no one in sight currently when he got near the safe zone borders. Turning his head around over his shoulder, he would inspect the area behind him once more, seeing if there was a crystal to be located before he departed.

Anemone had reached the end of her travels as she walked in a particularly straight line just looking up at all the marbled structures. But her feet continued to move along the path of the city as she eventually moved towards the border of that and the safezone out. Her hot as fire eyes looked towards the horizon as she saw a person standing there before the ending of the zone, much like she would have done looking out had she been in his spot. Perhaps he wanted to party? Perhaps he wanted to be left alone? She was not good in directing stimulating conversation with anyone, although she was getting a bit better at it. She gathered the courage she needed and walked slowly as to not sneak up behind him. 

As her feet clicked against the smooth surface of the ground, the woman came up to his right side and looked past the horizon. There was a gentle glow over the line of the land, and the sun was high enough to provide light for another few hours before diminishing into the darkness. But what caught her eye was the vast field beyond the city, "There was a floor raid with three hundred soldiers here once plus the Raid Boss himself. As it stands, there were amulets that helped clear the way of the three hundred soldiers which eventually lead to the clearing. Kinda neat that they had a special battle like that as a floor raid, huh?" the woman smiled, she was able to say all of that without falling over and fainting from anxiety. She turned to the person, hands behind her back as she smiled, "My name is Anemone. Are you going out on an adventure today? Why??? Did you just say that? You sound like a Role Player or something! Ugh!" It was a constant mental struggle for Anemone to chose the right words, but today...was not that day. @Sey

"Oh? Three-hundred? Is that how many they require in the floor raids? Sheesh, that's quite the high number for this floor. Very interesting though, I'll make sure to keep that in the back of my head the next time I think about going on a raid." He'd reply in turn to the lady that approached him a few moments later. Her hair was a little tough to tell, it was a mix of blonde and snow from what he could see. He was not too good with colors, despite him having plenty of that in the real world. Regardless, she seemed nice. An interesting way to start, with an interesting fact. Fortunately for her though, he loved knowledge, and that was what she provided him with. "An adventure you say? Well, I wouldn't call it that. I'm about to go collect some materials for my restaurant. I could never stop making meals, not if I want to progress further." Only for his eyes to widen as his memory recalled her name being given to him. Not a fair trade for him to just take that without giving her one back. "Oh, excuse me. I forgot to tell you my name. It's Sey. Just... Sey... Anyways, want some materials when I come back? Even if you don't have a shop, I hear some player ran places offer that instead of col for currency. I probably will have more materials than I have to use anyways."

@Anemone

"Oh!" her word was a little louder than her normal quiet voice, she would smile and take a step back embarrassed by the small outburst of her voice. She placed both hands behind her back, "Well, I know we have hundred floors to get through, but it seems like to be a very small world for the two of us to come by one another. I too am a Chef in the making. Still working on getting my shop situated, I was actually thinking of making a place here because I just love all the culture surrounding this place. Still deciding on that. If you wouldn't mind me tagging along with you Sey, I would like to collect some materials as well. There is safety in numbers," the woman frowned a bit when she said that, she had no combat skills to call her own. 

"I should point out that I am not very combat oriented however. I spend most of my time as the Healer for some groups, when I am actually invited that is. I am not exactly a go-getter when it comes to adventuring on my own. But I have other skills, not exactly the most desirable for DPS people." her arms locked behind her back, giving way to a form where she felt like she was putting in an application for her own services to him, "If you find that I am just getting in your way..." she wouldn't force him to protect her by any means, but the plain was so open there didn't seem to be too many mobs spawning in the area. If she could navigate away from those and just collect the materials here and there, she would be fine? Maybe. @Sey

"Oh please. You speak as if I were designed for fighting monsters. I can hold my own, but I would not fight if I don't have to. It gets annoying. So feel free to come along, I certainly would not mind some company." He would explain in a calm and collected tone, smiling with the enthusiasm she was displaying. The game could use another chef. There were points in which even he was able to run out of items. That was usually rather annoying for him to deal with, and he would be forced to follow through with these sorts of hunts at the end of the day. But someone else was with him now, so that helped with making him feel better. "No need to put yourself down. I'm sure you have your uses. And even if you don't think so, that is no reason to deny a player. Under one condition though. I don't need you dying on my, I don't want to bear the guilt of letting a player die when I could have saved them. I'll protect you though, so I don't think we should have a problem. I just want to make sure. Think you could hold up that end of the bargain?"

@Anemone

"Dieing? Oh! No. None of that here," she smiled back waving her hand back and forth. Certainly not. She would not succumb to the terrors of this game, if her life was in danger she knew exactly what she needed to do. There were friends now she could call on, "I think if I am in trouble, I have a few friends who might be able to get me out of a few messes. Not that I don't trust you, but I am sure they would come to our aid should we need them." The woman smiled, and agreed to the bargain. 

Though she was a little embarrassed about him protecting her, in a weird way she did kinda ask for that although him coming right out and saying that seemed like she was more of a mess than he might bargain for. With a cute simple smile she nodded, "Alright. Well then let's get things rolling." The woman placed both hands over her back once more as she started to walk away from the borderline of the Settlement. Looking out to the rich golden fields ahead, the woman could breath in the intoxicating fresh air that filled her digital lungs. The light pink and white eye shadow coming in a hue as her eyes closed as she inhaled all that air. Breathing gently, the woman looked over her partner. 

ID: 75653
LD: 10+ 8 = +1 Material

"Have you been to this floor before? It's my first time and I already am in love with it. Back home, I never got to travel...I actually cursed at my parents for putting me into a Dorm at University because they thought it would help with my social awareness or lack thereof. I sound kind of geeky, but I assure you I am. Teehee." She laughed lightly when she spotted a closed formation of herbs easy enough for picking without disturbing the wildlife nearby.  @Sey

Edited by Anemone

"Sweet, we could always use some connections." He would agree with her with a smile before she would then explain that it was not that she didn't trust him, which was a bold move considering they met. Sure, he wasn't going to kill her, but the mentality of just trusting someone was not the brightest move. At least, completely trusting like she seemed to be. Still though, with the protection of whatever friends she had, it was probably safe for her to make that call regardless. "Nahhh, no offense taken to that. It's fine, your friends are the ones you should trust the most anyways." Friends was the group that was your family in this game. There was no blood relations or anything of the sort, so friends had to be the family. They were the ones that you get to choose though, and you could always add more to the family as well as subtract those who have proven themselves traitorous to it. It was a darker thought, the latter half anyways, but in this game, anything was a possibility. He would begin to search the scene to see if there was anything that he could find. Unfortunately, there was no luck. "Well anti-social butterfly, you most certainly have me fooled. Seems like they were just looking out for your survival. Other people definitely can help make a difference. Not someone as useless as me, but still." More self-deprecation, Sey was definitely on a roll.

ID: 75681
LD: 8 +3 =11 (Rip)

@Anemone

Edited by Sey

"Oh great, now you got him feeling sorry for himself. Smooth. Ahh, well, no one is as lame as I am. They could write a Bible on the many notorious dealings of lame that I have accomplished here in Aincrad. First one being, that it took me a little over two years to do my first actual quest. The second being I gave all my hard earned equipment to a little girl who 'borrowed' it. I was swindled in the end. Now everything I have or given to is pretty precious to me, like this Lucky Coin. A great friend gave me this treasure and it has been such a joy and help keeping it around me." 

ID: 75697
LD: 14+8 = 1 Material

Thumbing over her Lucky Coin, Anemone squinted her eyes from the sun and located a small bush of what appeared to be wild grapes. She smiled softly while picking them and was talking to herself while doing, "Maybe he likes Wine?" Picking the small group wasn't too hard on her fingers and that Lucky Coin was giving her all kinds of great luck. She smiled back over at Sey, "We should probably both work on out Self Worth a little bit huh? I know I am not completely useless, and I'd like to think I can do something right. For yourself, you have some combat experience right? So at least you can defend yourself. I can't even do that." @Sey

Edited by Anemone

He tilted his head to the side upon the words she spoke to him, the things he said are usually said with sarcasm and might sometimes lighten the mood. Though it was sometimes not successful, it was definitely the effort that counted. Still though, if that was the impression he gave to her, then why should he deny it? Actions speak way louder than words after all. "Yeah. I'm trying to make a balance build, where I don't lack in anything. It's going to require a lot of skill points, but I don't like to think it's completely impossible. The amount of times I heard people looking down on it, well, I know that I can't count the number on my hands. But ambition is key, and I like to think I'm getting there." His smile would then form as he looked over to her and how easily she was collecting the materials for food. "As for you, you seem to be a natural at locating those. Scouts tend to find lots of things." He would tell her as he continued to scan, but only to have his searches provided fruitless. He had gatherer... But it only gave a lot of materials, helping with the search was not an aspect that the skill had.

ID: 75773
LD: 10 + 3 = 13 (Nope)

@Anemone

Edited by Sey

"I've met a very nice scout by the name of Itzal, he helped me with a quest not too long ago and I was simply amazed by how easily he was able to find and gather so many materials at once. It's a skill I wish to obtain one day as well, but right now, I too have collect the Skill Points necessary for such abilities." Brushing her pristine cloak with both hands, the woman made a generous nod to Sey, "Well, you are doing a fantastic job of being good company. I know I can be a little tough to chew on sometimes. I am surprised however. Normally, I run into a person and I get some major backlash, but this week has been full of surprises for me."

ID: 75793
LD: 4+8 = no Materials

When Anemone had squatted down in the golden field, she brushed her hands against the fibers of the long wheat reeds as she attempted to pick out a bushel that would seem good for harvesting. As she scanned with her fingers around the area, there seemed to be no acceptable nodes for her to collect the resources. "Darn, I would really love some of this wheat here if I can just find a node..." @Sey

Edited by Anemone

Itzal. That name was much more than familiar. It was the name of the Paladin of his guild, well, one of the four. Basically, leaders. But this player did not ask. Still, she could know that the snow-haired player knew about him. So he would look up to the sky as he would think back to when they first met. It was when they were gathering materials... Oh how ironic. "Oh yeah. That definitely sounds like that scout. He helped me as well before I could search for things on my own. Interesting how things work eventually." Sey would explain as he would then look back to the ground, looking to see where the wheat was located like his gathering partner explained. "Yeah... I know that lots of players are like that. The beginner's don't have much of a chance. But... I want out of here. And they are players as well. So, I try not to reciprocate them." All the searching for the wheat would prove fruitless as he would sigh. Man, was he making a fool out of himself. Seems like he was not so lucky today. Still though, his ambition burned. "Besides, you seem like a nice person. It gets boring searching on your own after a while." Especially with no results, but she didn't need to hear that from him.

ID: 75794
LD: 4 + 3 = 7 (*Cries*)

@Anemone

Edited by Sey

"I actually might be too nice for some people. I don't have much of a backbone and I am not very good with confrontations. I stand my ground by mumbling and trembling over my words most of the time. I speak in a quiet voice and rarely do people hear me over the whoosh of the wind. But thank you for the lovely compliment, I hope that's what it was. I enjoy helping others as much as I am being helped. It's all good fortune on us. Gotta spread that cheer." 

ID: 75822
LD: 20+8 =  +1 Material

As her hand skimmed over the wheat, there was a bright golden bushel just right in front of her. As if it was made of golden oats. She marveled at the wheat for a moment before nodding to herself and collecting it in a small bundle, "Well, looks like I found my wheat. This is gonna make some very delicious bread items in the near future. How is your luck over there?" She looked over her shoulder as she stood up and brushed her hands clean and found him not finding much. She left out a soft trill of giggles and stood by him, "How about I help you?" her arms swung back behind her as her body swayed gently in a cute manner as she looked him over, "Is there anything in particular you are wanting to find?" @Sey

Edited by Anemone

Too nice? He didn't really like to believe that. Too much of anything was bad, but too nice just meant that maybe they were a little optimistic. Which might be looked down upon from pessimists, but what about people who actually have a valid opinion? "Ahhh, well, you're overlooked is what you mean to say. I personally would find that to be an advantage. People underestimate you, giving you the element of surprise. If you own a Paralysis weapon and get them good, oh... They will never see it coming." He explained as he lazily plucked a few mint leaves from the ground when he caught his eyes on them, the effect of gatherer triggering. Just in time as she asked about his luck, and now he could actually tell her about the good progress he was making.But... She seemed to call him out though right before he could say it. "Well... I love mint leaves. They are... Minty. Very fresh, and a surprisingly common item in many meals I have learned. Think you could locate those?" He would ask with his hands placed in his pockets now, still scanning the scene to see if he could locate any more materials.

ID: 75877
LD: 20+8 = +4 Mats (Gatherer)

@Anemone

Edited by Sey

"Yes. Overlooked. I can add that to my list as well," she giggled out softly placing a hand over her mouth to stifle some of her laughter. But when he brought attention to combat and surprising someone she shook her head. The curly pigtails springing up and down and bounced as she moved her head, "Oh, no. I'm not into violence. Many people have taken the damage route, but I don't believe I am capable of hurting anything. I just want to Support my team the best I can whether it's healing or finding a dungeon, or a treasure or materials. I can do things, but fighting monsters or attacking another human being. No, I could never do anything like that." She wouldn't know what to do with herself if she was in a confrontation like that. Run and hide? Or just run away? Those were her best options. But she never took up arms against a mob before, nor has she ever tried to attack anyone either. She was also not very easily manipulated by another's actions, well...most of the time. There were some instances when she was confronted with those Tax Collectors, but she was thankfully saved by that Gallant Knight, Seul. 

Thinking about him for just that moment made her blush a little. When Sey mentioned Mint plants, her bright fire red eyes lit up. 

ID:76000
LD: 6+8 = 14

"Hmm, I don't see any over here. But I would love to get some. I could probably make a splendid tea with some mint leaves...Gotta look harder." @Sey

Edited by Anemone

"W-w-wait! I didn't mean to put it like that!" Seems like he failed in semantics. Two panicked hands would shake violently, shaking the thought off, but she seemed to already take it that way. Despite how well it was received, that was definitely not how he wanted to portray that message. "That's a noble goal. A hybrid of healing and scouting. Make sure to protect yourself as well with some mitigation as well, so you don't end up falling. Sometimes things happen, and I don't think you need to die when they happen." The snow-haired player explained to her as he would continue to drag his feet, scanning the area with his eyes to see if there was anything worth plucking from the ground, only to sigh when he found that it was not to be. "Yup! And I can't seem to find any over here as well.They seem to be a little more scarce than what we bargained for, eh? But they often are plentiful when located."

ID:76009
LD: 10 + 3 = 13 (Nope)

@Anemone

Edited by Sey

"Mitigation..." the woman murmured lightly, moreso talking to herself rather than the person who may have been a few feet away. "I have a ways to go when in investing into equipment, right now I have just a few things on me. But having something to protect me might be a good idea. The woman looked around and nodded happily, "Yes. I believe it will take some time finding those little Mints." she said with another small giggle, laughing at her own joke if one could even call it that. She brushed the curly tendrils of soft silken hair from her shoulder as it sprang back in place. Her red fire engine eyes scouted out anything, mint or otherwise, that could be harvested in this field. 

ID: 76035
LD:14 + 8 = +1 Material

Running her hands through the golden wheat field, the woman found a small patch of green sparkling leaflets. Settling down into the ground she scooped her hands into the earth and brushed away some of the soil. Nodding to herself, a small hand poked out of the wheat and she signaled for @Sey, "There might be some more over here if you want to check." her voice barely rising over her shoulder to meet his ears. 

Edited by Anemone

"Well, it's just my recommendation.  I don't really like evasion, but it helps you avoid all the damage altogether. I just don't like the risk of having too much damage hitting me. It's why I stick to mitigation." A lazy right leg would kick up as he would knock a few rotted wheats from the ground into the air, letting them fall lightly into the ground. His eyes would then lock onto a few more leaves on the ground. Bending his knees, he would lower himself to the ground and smile with satisfaction as he would pluck the green material leaves in his hands. "You spoke and it worked. I found a few more, looks like we hit the jackpot here." Sey would explain as he would then unbend his knees and would look back over to her. "I think I found a decent area. But thanks. I'll look over there once I have cleared up whatever might be right over here. Though... Hm, how many are over there though? A lot or a little?"

ID: 76060
LD: 15 + 3 = 18 (+4 Mats)

@Anemone

Edited by Sey

ID: 76120
LD: 7+8 = +1 Material

As Anemone heard the voice of her partner being called back from behind her, the woman had snatched up the remaining batch of small mint leaves that she could find with her fire red peepers. "Ugh...Well, I think there aren't anymore over here since I just grabbed the last bit. I can always share though." She had picked herself up and dusted off her knees as she made her way back towards @Sey. She didn't know much about the combat of the game, she never once swung a sword or dagger, she never threw a punch, she never had to take a hit for the most part, she had been very thankful she never had to get into a situation like that. 

Her bright sun kissed eyes looked at Sey as she smiled, curling her hair with both fingers as she seemed to be nervous about asking him certain questions, "So, do you have any tales of adventure since you have been in SAO?" It was a fairly simple question she thought, non intrusive of anything of course he could always not answer it. She would not feel bad, but she was a sucker for a good adventure story even if she would never be as so bold to be in one. 

Edited by Anemone

“Nahhhh, that’s fine. You found them, you earned them. That’s how the game works. I’ll gladly split mine with you, there is plenty that I have.” He explained as he would pluck up a few more leaves from the ground. That should be enough mints. Now the next step could be grapes. There was plenty, he just had to make sure that they were ripe enough to eat before he did anything. Something reckless was just picking up anything that could be deemed a material for cooking. It was about the equivalent of picking up a random fry on the concrete ground. Technically it is food… Not that you should eat it. “An adventure you say?” He placed his finger on his chin and looked upwards, thinking if there was anything he could think of worth sharing a story about. There was possibly one… “Well, there is one lurking in the back of my mind. But it’s a little bit stupid. It regards the recent even that happened with Nerius.”

ID: 76158
LD: 13 + 3 = 16 (+4 Mats)

@Anemone

Edited by Sey