[SP-F1] 100% Reason to Remember the Name (Complete)

Damien woke up in one of the cheaper inns on floor one's Town of Beginnings. Upon waking up, he swiftly turned on his lights and got prepared for the day-which was literally just grabbing his sword, being he did not have any money for pajamas and just wore his <<Cloth Armor>> to sleep. Yawning a little bit, Damien opened the door and ran down the small set of stairs heading down to the NPC inn's lobby, where the served (not the greatest) breakfast. It was something, though, that got him through the day. Specifically the disgusting tasting coffee helped. Gave him the energy to actually run through the day.

Saying a quick "Thanks!" to the NPC, Damien ran out of the inn and into the center of the Town of Beginnings. His goal for the day was to head down to <<Horunka Village>> and go slay some monsters in the woods surrounding the place. 

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
75883 5 1 13 9 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 14:43:21

No materials found

Edited by Damien

Damien jogged through the Town of Beginnings, the place crowded as always. It was not too long before Damien was through the town gates and outside in the wild, though. Okie dokie. Damien opened up his menus and found the map of floor one. Okay, so if I head this way it shouldn't take too long and I may find some good monsters to find and fight on the way there.... 

Damien walked down a dirt path that lead to the village. The sky was pink from the sun, with birds flying high in the sky. In the distance, several mob <<Frenzy Boars>> and <<Dire Wolves>> could be seen. The grass beside the path was a beautiful green color. Man, so much of this game is simply so beautiful that it cannot be seen in the real world. Definitely an advantage of this game. You know, besides the other millions of reasons why Sword Art Online is awesome.

Spoiler
75890 5 3 12 10 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering

2017-01-29 14:52:45

No materials found

Edited by Damien

The true beauty of Sword Art Online was that there isn't only one true beauty. Here in Sword Art Online, there are many 'beauties'. The diversity in the game(players, monsters, etc.), the beautiful scenery, the combat system... It truly is amazing; There isn't a single thing in this game that isn't amazing. The most amazing thing about this game, though, is the players' will to clear it. Otherwise, this game wouldn't have been near as interesting and players would not have had near enough incentive not to die and to clear the game. Now, that incentive and excitement is definitely there.

Damien smiled. "I truly don't know where I would be right now had this game not came out, and I myself love this game."  Although... What about my family? What are they thinking right now? I know all players in Aincrad had been moved to hospitals, but still..... And who has to pay for those hospital bills? I am sure those are not cheap....

Spoiler
75892 8 10 20 7 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 15:01:03

+1 Material

Edited by Damien

Damien continued walking until he saw a strange looking cotton-flower thing on the side of the path. Picking it up, Damien analyzed it. A loot screen popped in front of Damien, describing that he had found 1 <<Cotton>> Material. Awesome! That made Damien lose his train of thought about the real world, as he continued on the path. 

Upon finding a material, though, that brought up another conversation into Damien's head. Am I going to make a shop? If I do, it will probably be a clothing store so I can craft my own pajamas. He chuckled a bit. But seriously though, I could do that and then sell clothes to players... Of course, I would also sell leather/light armor to players. Plus, I am in need of better armor myself. Damien looked down at himself, at his <<Basic Cloth Armor>>. I mean, it's not like it's a bad idea or anything, but I have no idea if owning a shop could be some type of big hassle or something that I'll have to turn all my attention to...

Spoiler
75894 5 4 19 1 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 15:08:13

1 Material Found.  (Total: 2)

Edited by Damien

Wow! It must truly be my lucky day! As Damien was walking, he yet again found a cotton plant thing. After picking it, Damien received a <<Cotton>> material again. Maybe I'll be able to buy some stuff with these materials? I already have two and that could probably get some people to appraise one of my items, and it would probably be smarter to get my <<Nighthawk>> appraised rather than buying a new one or just appraising my cloth armor, mostly because this cloth armor truthfully looks awful. I hate wearing it. Just another reason I should make a shop, but still... I don't know..... Do I really want to dedicate myself to being a tailor though? Really?

But then... There are still all of the other professions I have to consider, as I don't think I can switch from one profession to another. Blacksmith, tailor, alchemist, cook, fisherman, merchant, etc.... Such a hard decision.... 

Spoiler
75897 1 7 2 5 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 15:26:43

No material found. (Total:2)

Edited by Damien

Damien looked back at the map, to make sure he hadn't missed some type of turn or made the wrong turn or anything of the order. Upon checking, he found that he was fine and just needed to continue going on the same path until he made it there.

The sky was slowly beginning to lose it's pink, as the pink slowly transformed into a light and bright blue color. The morning dew slowly began to become less moist around him. Ahhhh, this truly is a beautiful morning for adventuring indeed. Couldn't imagine a better one. Looking forward, the yellow dirt path extended on for quite a while. Hmm... Maybe jogging will get me there just a bit faster. Damien increased his pace by going at a slower jog than he normally would, one that wouldn't take any energy or exhaust him at all in case he did come in contact with a hard-to-fight mob/monster. That wouldn't be good, fighting while tired to point of exhaustion. 

Spoiler
75900 8 3 18 4 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 15:37:08

+1 Material. (Total: 3)

Edited by Damien

Thinking about the Point of Exhaustion, that reminded Damien of a track workout he did often at the end of hard days in the real world. Kind of like a burn out in weightlifting, doing a set of a very large number of reputation at the end of a hard day of lifting. I wonder if my coaches miss me... That is the one thing we don't have in Sword Art Online that I would wish we had. Races. Well, we also don't have any form of gym, which I would be glad to have here too, even if it didn't really workout my in real life body; But rather to keep it in the habit of working out so when I do get back, and if I get back, I can keep in the same traditional working out and such. 

As Damien continued walking, he once again found another small cotton plant that granted him another <<Cotton>> material. Yup, it has to be destiny at this point. I am destined to become a tailor. But, of course, I don't have to listen to destiny if I don't want to. I still don't exactly see why I am so resistant to starting up a shop though... There has got to be something one side of my brain knows while the other doesn't, as that one side conceals it as a secret for some strange reason. 

Spoiler
75902 2 4 4 8 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 15:44:40

+0 Materials. (Total: 3)

Edited by Damien

Damien thought for a moment. He had yet to see a single player on the path, which was odd. Usually, a lot of players would be heading to the village in the mornings from their inns, then go fight mobs there in the day, and finally head back to their inns closer to night time. It was a thing that Damien heard that a lot of people did, as the village provided a great place to fight easier leveled mobs and constantly fight them to level themselves up. Hmmm... I wonder what kind of monsters there are in these forests? Damien slowed down from his jog to a walk, pulling out his guide book and flipping to the forest. Upon finding it, Damien saw that there was a quest available for the taking in the village, called <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>, but he also saw that the quest boss dropping the item needed to complete the quest was rare and took forever to achieve, while the quest only granted the player one extra skill point. Wow that is crap. 

Spoiler
75903 5 3 4 5 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 15:57:38
Edited by Damien

Damien felt that a quest that required such repetitiveness if you were unlucky and only granted one skill point would definitely not be worth it, unless you were such a high level you could literally slay all of the monsters in one hit. Then, that one skill point might have been necessary. Otherwise, not so much. No where near as much. With Damien's luck, he knew that quest would probably take him a pretty long time. And that's just fine. My luck has been pretty on point today though, if I don't say so myself. Damien smiled at the on point thought, as he continued walking down the path. Damien then read further into the <<Monster>> section. 

Just flipping through the pages quickly, Damien saw the following monsters that would be found in the forest:

<<Dire Wolf>>
<<Dire Wolf Pup>>
<<Frenzy Rabbit>>
<<Rakkun>>
<<Little Nepent>>
<<Large Nepent>>

These were the only ones that were common during the time the guidebook was written. None of the monsters seemed too strong, but Damien knew that once he got there it'd be in his best interest to be prepared. 

Spoiler
75917 5 4 12 8 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 17:12:11

Edited by Damien

The reason Damien thought that was because of the fact that the copy of the guidebook he had was from the beginning of the game, when people first got trapped here. Also, who knows what kind of data didn't end up on there anyways? Damien opened his menu and stuck the guidebook back in to his inventory. Well, I should probably try to stay out of combat for now so I don't have to wait to heal when I get to the village or anything. Really don't want to be at low HP when heading anywhere, but to be honest I feel like I can fight most of the floor one mobs/bosses myself without dying at this point. It's just the fact that I haven't ranked up my damage skills enough yet,  to do me enough good that is. but if I want more experience I'm gonna need to fight more mobs more often on this floor until I actually can rank up my damage that is.... 

Spoiler
75939 3 2 14 8 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 19:09:54

+0 Materials. (Total: 3)

Edited by Damien

Or maybe I could rank up my battle healing and go up to floor two. Either way, it doesn't matter much because I can surely find mobs that will still drop loot on both floors. Damien looked down a bit further along on the path, just barely seeing the small village of <<Horunka>>. Although, from his view, it was kinda hard to tell that it was a village, not just a tiny spec of something. Damien pulled out his sword, in case for some reason it came to be necessary. As he unsheathed it, Damien felt simply... awesomeness. In the real world, you can play video games that make you look awesome but you don't feel it. In the real world without video games, most people don't have swords to unsheath. So being able to do it here, and looking pretty awesome while your doing it, the feeling was pretty awesome. Something people don't normally experience. I'll just add that to my list of advantages of being in Sword Art Online.

Spoiler
75941 5 1 4 5 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 19:31:29

Edited by Damien

Then, thinking about higher up floors, Damien was reminded of some news he had read the previous day, that apparently he had not realized as the floor had been unlocked for sometime now. Floor seventeen(Or fifteen or something like that) was a floor based off of Greek mythology. There were even mythological based quests there. Damien couldn't quite get his mind wrapped around it's amazing-ness the day before, but now that he was actually free to think about it, Damien realized how awesome it was. And there was another advantage to Sword Art Online, being able to witness mythological events. Heck, Damien might just take a visit there even at his current level and stick to staying in towns. (Because, otherwise, Damien would be one hit KO'd.) But all the floors' themes were indeed awesome, though. Damien knew it and loved the game for it. Floor one was basically just a diverse floor, but beyond that there were themes for each floor, like how floor four was known for it's beautiful snowy mountains.

Spoiler
75942 9 12 14 10 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 19:37:41

+0 Materials. (Total: 3)

Edited by Damien

But maybe - just maybe - There was a floor out there where it just rained all the time. If there was a floor where it literally just rained 247 along with the snow floor being on four, that would make this game simply even more amazing. Damien lifted up his sword and thought about something. The other day, I had seen a sign saying that some merchant would appraise people's equipment to find more enhancement slots... I wonder.... The black one handed blade was rather light for most one handed swords, and Damien loved that. The <<Basic Sword>> he had began with did not have the lightness to it, so Damien definitely felt the difference upon switching to his new blade, the <<Nighthawk>>. But if he could get more enhancements slots for the tier one weapon, Damien figured he could at least keep it until he got to the point in which he could equip higher tiers of equipment.

Spoiler
75943 6 3 2 9 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 19:48:24

Edited by Damien

Damien could now see the village - The village wasn't just a spec more further on the yellow dirt path. "Almost there." In Damien's mind, he began breaking out to a very, very, very old song. Ohhh oh, we're half way there..... OHHHH oh! Living on a prayer, take my hand, and we'll make it I swear, OHHHH OH! Living on a prayer. Damien smiled and laughed at himself as he walked on. That was what he would sing in his head in the middle of track workouts in the real world, helped him get through it. Except this time he was a bit further than just halfway. Oh oh we're almost there? Damien looked around and was still seeing the same <<Frenzied Boars>> and <<Dire Wolves>> he had been this whole time. All of the other creatures must have other been hiding or live in the forest, because Damien sure hadn't seen any. 

Spoiler
75947 1 3 10 7 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-29 20:16:40

Edited by Damien

Now, Damien was able to see the forests surrounding the other sides of <<Horunka Village>>, and he didn't have much longer to go. Damien, though, could definitely feel his virtual hunger at this point. Hopefully, among the ten buildings the guidebook claimed the place had, there was a place for him to eat, because otherwise he was going to have to head back to the Town of Beginnings or something. And then, the walk would've been for nothing besides the materials. Of course, he did find those and maybe he could find more, because in this game any kind of material is worth a lot. Having a lot of materials will take players far when buying items from players' shops, or so he heard. Most swords and equipment now-a-days had a more expensive col cost than the material cost, at least to the 'said monetary value' of the materials. And Damien was okay with that becausse materials weren't too crazy difficult to find.

Spoiler
76003 10 5 7 3 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-30 04:13:43

Edited by Damien

Right now, Damien had found a total of three materials. Of course, that was not bad as he wasn't out here with the purpose of finding materials, Damien was out here to get to <<Horunka Village>>, so he then could head into the forest to fight some monsters that would hopefully give him some loot. At least I hope I can find some good loot, and maybe I could sell whatever I find whenever I open my tailoring shop. Damien laughed a bit at that. Did he want to follow his 'tailoring destiny' or not? Well, like how he thought earlier, Damien knew he still needed some pajamas if he was going to survive this death game. Although Damien of course wanted to live, he would not be mad if he died in this death game. It was simply a beautiful game, and there was truly nothing better than it.

Spoiler
76004 2 8 18 3 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-30 04:22:23

+1 Material. (Total: 4)

Edited by Damien

Looking in the distance, the pink was out of the sky and it was now looking more like around noon, light blue covering the vast expanses of the sky with the occasional fluffy appearing white cloud. Ahh, I love this game so much. Damien was stopped all of the sudden as he walked upon the path by another cotton plant though. This one, just like all of the rest, indeed was good and gave Damien another <<Cotton>> material. Jeez, that's four materials and I haven't even been trying to find them! Wo! My tailoring destiny truly is fighting hard. Damien watched in front of him as he could actually see the details of the village at this point. There was something that was going to stop him, though, A pack of weak leveled <<Dire Wolves>>  stood in front of the village. Damien laughed a bit. "Oh I'll show you guys how it's done. " Damien was very ready to test out some of his sword arts on the weak leveled pack. 

Spoiler
76006 5 1 10 10 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-01-30 04:27:20

+0 Materials. (Total: 4)

Edited by Damien

The pack looked at Damien eagerly, ready to strike. Well then, I'll just go ahead and start this show, Damien thought as he prepared to fight the pack of <<Dire Wolves>>. The pack eagerly then lunged at Damien all together, not allowing him a chance to strike them with his sword. One, though, managed to bump the others out of the way (accidentally) while commencing his own attack, landing a critical blow on Damien, but not allowing any of the other <<Dire Wolves>> to attack. Damien looked at the beast and spat at the ground. "Are you sure you want to try that? Really? Best not mess with me." Damien attempted to hit all of the wolves at once with an AOE sword skill/art, Rage Spike. As his <<Nighthawk>> shined a light blue, he went in for the strike, but the wolves too quickly moved out of the way. 

Dire Wolf x4 HP: 4 DMG: 10 (BASE FLOOR)

Spoiler
76055 1 1 12 3 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 4 2017-01-30 14:27:41
76054 6 12 15 5 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 3 2017-01-30 14:27:26
76053 2 7 16 9 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 2 2017-01-30 14:27:11
76052 1 6 10 1 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-01-30 14:26:55

Damien: 89/100 HP 8/10 EN [+5 HP/ +1 EN/ -2 EN/ -11 HP]

Dire Wolf x44/4 HP

Edited by Damien

gray_fullbuster_gif_by_atsuyanii-d5fgj72

"I don't always speak softly; But when I do, I carry a big stick."

Damien had already taken a hit from one of the wolves, but he was not expecting all but one to attack him. He held his black and white blade <<Nighthawk>> as he spat at the ground, looking at the wolves. "I'm gonna slay you." Holding his sword carefully, he got ready to activate his Rage Spike sword skill. Taking a deep breath, he charged at the wolves. The hit missed, though, and the wolves took this as their chance to hop up on Damien. They all charged at him, but one of the wolves got knocked out of the way by the other three. Tackling onto Damien as a pack, they were able to deal a large amount of damage. Damn, was not expecting this.... His health bar almost dropped all the way down into the orange area, just barely clear of landing at the half-way mark. Damien struggled to get the wolves off, eventually able to knock them off, jumping back as he spat at the ground. Well then..... 

Rolls:

Spoiler
76580 3 9 11 1 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 4 2017-02-04 11:03:25
76579 1 10 13 10 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 3 2017-02-04 11:03:14
76578 7 3 13 8 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 2 2017-02-04 11:03:05
76577 3 1 11 9 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-02-04 11:02:54

Damien: 61/100 HP 7/10 EN [+5 HP/ +1 EN/ -2 EN/ -33 HP] (-11 HP)(-10 HP)(-12 HP)

Dire Wolf #1: 4/4 HP
Dire Wolf #2: 4/4 HP
Dire Wolf #3: 4/4 HP
Dire Wolf #4: 4/4 HP

Edited by Damien

gray_fullbuster_gif_by_atsuyanii-d5fgj72

"I don't always speak softly; But when I do, I carry a big stick."

Damien definitely had not expected his HP to fall into the red zone during this fight, but that was what happened. Once again, the wolves managed to leap onto him, dealing another massive amount of damage while the third wolf missed again. "DAMN!" Damien knocked the wolves off of himself, and sprinted away for a moment so he could open his inventory and pull out one of his tier one health potions. 

Swiftly, Damien drank the potion and restored his HP back into the green area, still right above falling under halfway and becoming orange."You stupid wolves are going to die, you hear me?" Damien swung his blade in the <<Dire Wolves>> direction, as he was genuinely very scared at the moment. You won't kill me..... You can't.... You... won't... For the guild. Damien began to think about the old guild that had invited him to join them in the beginning of the game, and how they had died while exploring a floor one dungeon.

Spoiler
76585 10 9 9 5 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 4 2017-02-04 11:19:53
76584 10 5 2 9 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 3 2017-02-04 11:19:41
76583 3 7 9 6 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat mob 2 2017-02-04 11:19:32
76582 3 2 6 10 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-02-04 11:19:22

Damien: 73/100 HP 8/10 EN [+5 HP/ +1 EN/ -33 HP / +40 HP] (-11 HP)(-10 HP)(-12 HP)

Dire Wolf #1: 4/4 HP
Dire Wolf #2: 4/4 HP
Dire Wolf #3: 4/4 HP
Dire Wolf #4: 4/4 HP

(OOC: Oh gawd I might die from these wolves....)

Edited by Damien