[F14:PP] Exploring Castle Blackwatch

It had been a while since the last time he visited floor 14. The settlement of Stonewall was just as gloomy as ever, but that wouldn't stop Seul from feeling excited about the day planned ahead. Anemone would be join him for a day of hunting down the undead monsters that plagued the land and given the success of his past few trips into the wilderness he was happy to have someone else along for a change.

He was waiting for her just outside one of the makeshift buildings, going over his equipment to pass the time. This would be the first time she'd actually get to see him in action and although it wasn't the most romantic spot for a date, he was glad to be able to spend more time with her. Moving forward he wouldn't need to walk alone and would have a purpose for swinging his blade.

@Anemone

Short legs forced her to move swiftly through the dreary settlement. Of all the places to be asked out, Seul had chosen this place. But then again, she wasn't really asked out, just to accompany him on a hunting expedition of sorts. But anything was better than being left alone in her room or in her shop. Time shared with someone like Seul was a pleasure for her, hopefully she wasn't too obnoxious for him as they would settle out on their first adventure together! Her heart skipped along with her mind as she made a quick walk to the indicated meeting area where she was to meet Seul. As she made her way to him, her twin capes bounced and flowed freely against the wind as she made her way towards him, smile big on her face and her pale complexion going a sort of pink for a blushing face. 

"Hello Sir Seul, it was nice of you to ask me out today." She trailed off as she looked up at the sky, from what she had gathered it was a never ending thunder booms but it never rained in this land. Her eyes fell over the horizon and she gave a solemn gulp, "So we are heading out there, huh? Well, I'll do my best not to be a cry baby." she laughed nervously as she brought her hands up to her hair nervously fidgeting with the coils. Her bright red eye popped open and she took a step forward, "Oh!" 

Nervous hands scouted around her menu as she traded off two items for him, "I hope these help with your battles today."

<<Items to trade to Seul>>
Side Salad with Tangerines [+1 Prosperity], Roasted Leg of Lamb [+3 LD]

"I wasn't sure if you ate today as well, so I packed you a small meal in case you were hungry. I made these both myself. I got you a small side salad with freshly cut tangerine wedges and a nice roasted leg of lamb. I hope you like them." @Seul

“Hey Anemone!”

The woman arrived much sooner than he was expecting, not that it was a bad thing. She was angelic, as usual, and he couldn't help but smile when she spoke. Seul closed his menu and jumped up to his feet, dusting off his clothes afterward before following her gaze toward the horizon. All he could do was shrug in response. It wasn't the most assuring thing to do, but with both of them working together there wasn't much to fear in the first place. Without hesitation he took accepted the food items as well with a thank you and idly started to eat the salad and leg of lamb.

“This is so good!” He tried to contain his composure but kept earing until it was finished, wiping his mouth before talking any further.

“Phew… Anyway, it looks scary out there, but as long as we stay alert we should be alright. I was thinking about checking out the old ruined castle that can be found somewhere around these parts. According to the NPCs around here it was occupied by a group called the Green Cloaks, but now they just shamble through the halls as the living dead. Sounds pretty neat right?”

--

Buffs: +1 Prosperity / +3 LD

Edited by Seul

Anemone kept her mouth over her heart waiting for the rating of her meal when Seul chose to eat those items right then and there. He tore through both the salad and the leg of lamb like there was no tomorrow, "He sure does have a healthy appetite! That's good then, cause I wanna make so much more for you..." His compliment on her chef skills were praise to her ears as he said it tasted 'so good.' She smiled and felt the beads of sweat evaporate from her feminine form as he said those, she was so nervous on what he might of said otherwise. She could always do better though for him. After his meal, they both looked towards the horizon and he mentioned a castle that was now in shambles. She had heard of such rumors but not much else. 

Her heart sank a bit with the mention of the living dead, which probably meant spooky stuff like zombies or ghosts. If the woman's face could get any more pale, then it just did within the moment. Another dry gulp and a nervous smile with a simple head nod to his question, "Yeah, sure sounds neat. But I will have my knight to protect me, right? And of course, I'll protect you as well the best I can. Thanks to you, I can put both the items I have to good use. Shall we?" Anemone smiled cheerfully, she would not let the dreary environment put a hamper on their day together. With her keen eyes on the landscape, she would do everything in her power to search out any materials she could find for him. 

ID: 76712
LD: 20+ 8 = +1 material [T2]

With her luck and keen sense of sight, her bright fire colored eyes shot through the dim light of the land and caught a glimpse of several sparkling stones. She gathered one from the ground and placed it in her sack for safe keeping until the end of the trip, "That's one!" she declared with a small bit of laughter. @Seul

Edited by Anemone

“That's right. With both of us watching each other's backs we’ll be fine.” He said with a nod. It was time for their adventure to begin, so he would turn and lead the way outside into whatever the floor had to throw at them.

This was nice. Had he just been going about living in this world all wrong this whole time? He was starting to think so. They had been outside of town for a little while now and with Anemone on the lookout for materials he was left to watch for potential threats. Speaking of which…

“Ane, get ready, we have company!” He shouted while drawing his sword. A small band of armored, skeleton monsters had popped out from behind a rock formation and was set on attacking the pair now. Seul quickly rushed between the party and his Anemone, cutting the creatures open with six slashes from his holy blade once they were near.

“I'm alright for now!”

--

ID: 76714 | BD: 7 

Sword Art: Calamity Disaster | 11 + 1 Fer x 12 = 144 Damage!

--

Party

• [H: 2] Seul | 975 / 975 HP | 72 / 96 EN
  • [H: 0] Anemone | ??? / ??? HP | ?? / ?? EN

Enemy [All Enemies Suffer 144 Damage]

• Bone Soldier | 356 / 500 HP  | 140 DMG
  • Bone Soldier | 356  / 500 HP | 140 DMG

@Anemone

Edited by Seul

Hearing her name had alerted her of the four bone soldiers that came clamoring into view. Dusty looking things with names long forgotten in the pages of lore in this world and in the books of the floor. Anemone retreated behind Seul and shook her head getting out of the way of his opening attack. The flair and glow of his holy weapon ignited as she shot forth with brilliance. The force of his sword art cleaved through the four enemies skeletons before erupting with a sound of something like a small explosion. She clapped her hands for him when she witnessed he returned from the skirmish unharmed. But just in case, that imaginary thread that would latch on to the two appeared before her as she placed one hand on it ready if she were needed to heal his wounds. Although she would much rather give him a more personal touch, but perhaps that is something to be longed for at another time. 

So she would stand there and watch him work, and gather their attention away from her. The young woman smiled as she grew excited about watching him, it was her first time seeing in combat like this. He was quite the adventurer and decked out in some awesome looking equipment. She was quite happy she was able to meet this man, "Keep going, Sir Seul! You are doing fantastic!" she cheered him on, hopefully not distracting him from the soldiers. 

ID: 76725
LD: 20+8 = +1 Material [T2]

• [H: 2] @Seul | 975 / 975 HP | 72 / 96 EN
  • [H: 0] Anemone | 640 / 640 HP | 64 / 64 EN

Enemy 

• Bone Soldier | 356 / 500 HP  | 140 DMG
  • Bone Soldier | 356  / 500 HP | 140 DMG
  • Bone Soldier | 356 / 500 HP  | 140 DMG
Edited by Anemone

“That was freaking epic!”

At least if there was one thing he was good at it was fighting. Drawing the attention away from Anemone had worked, but now the hard part came with balancing trying to attack and not die at the same time. Their numbers alone have them the advantage, surrounding him and using their rusty weapons to stab him from every direction. It was too late to parry and when he peeked up at his health bar a sliver of it had been reduced from the onslaught.

Using his sword he spun on his heel, missing entirely but managing to push the monsters back anyway. He needed to get back to Anemone for healing, so after ducking between two of the soldiers (and narrowly avoiding getting cut again) he took a position next to the woman.

“Guess it would have been too much to ask for to expect no hits during this fight...”

--

ID: 76726 | BD: 3 | CD: 10 | MD: 10

Sword Art: 

Mob Attack: 142 - 84 = 58 (x4)

--

Party

• [H: 3] Seul | 849 / 975 HP (-232/+106) | 73 / 96 EN (+3/-2)
  • [H: 0] Anemone | ??? / ??? HP | ?? / ?? EN

Enemy 

Edited by Seul

With the ripping and rending of the last skirmish Seul had come out unscathed by the attack. However, she might have distracted him a little with her cheer and for that he was caught off guard. She took a step back, her hand on the Thread of Life latched to Seul, though he could not see the rope it was there for her eyes only. When he swung his mighty battle sword to scream away the Bone Soldiers, their eyes were set heavily on him as the main threat. He had retreated to her side and made a comment of not coming out of this completely unhurt. She smiled softly at him and nodded, "You did very well though. I might have cheered a little too loud when you were working. Sorry about that..." With one hand on the thread, the golden glow of her hand became apparent sending a light through the thread connected to Seul as it washed over his body with a green aura. Whatever life points he had lost during that last round were completely recovered this time around as she charged him up back to full health. 

She gave him a pat on the shoulder, "Go get'em, Tiger." she said playfully, encouraging him all the while. 

ID: 76727
CD: 11+ 8
Heal: +390 HP -> Seul

Party

• [H: 3] @Seul | 975 / 975 HP 

Enemy 

Edited by Anemone

“Thanks.” He said with a smile before turning back toward the monsters.

Anemone’s words of encouragement were all be needed to get his act back together. The skeletons still loomed nearby, but with his health back to full status he was ready to take them on again. Raising his sword, he ran back into the middle of their group and swung wildly with the same sword art as last time. The soldiers had little time to react and instead had their health bars reduced to less than half thanks to his various strikes.

Overall they were proving to be easy targets; just simple stepping stones on the road to the ruined castle. Despite how tedious it might have been to fight them, it was still better to have painfully easy monsters than absurdly difficult ones. With some luck they'd be profiting quite a bit from this battle and the ones to come.

--

ID: 76738 | BD: 6 | CD: 4 | MD: 2

Sword Art: Calamity Disaster | 11 + 1 Fer x 12 = 144 Damage!

Mob Attack: 

--

Party

• [H: 5] Seul | 975 / 975 HP | 50 / 96 EN (+1/-24)

Enemy [All Enemies Suffer 144 Damage]

• Bone Soldier | 212 / 500 HP  | 140 DMG
  • Bone Soldier | 212 / 500 HP | 140 DMG
  • Bone Soldier | 212 / 500 HP  | 140 DMG
  • Bone Soldier | 212 / 500 HP  | 140 DMG

@Anemone

Edited by Seul

Encouraging words could only get the other so far. Even though he was healed, Seul had to use his own strength to topple down these Bone Soldiers. But he was doing such a fantastic job of keeping them down and away from her. He was protecting her, it was evident with each blow of his sword. The woman tensed up lightly when she heard the rumbling of the dreary sky above. The thunder was booming and threatening and it made her wince lightly when the last boom thundered off a sickly loud crackle that lit the foreboding sky. She pressed her hands to the necklace around her neck, almost in prayer that Seul would be alright in the coming rounds. She was able to successfully heal him, and in doing so called him 'Tiger' of all things. She face-palmed herself mentally, "Ugh, why did I chose those set of words. He might not have even enjoyed being called that," she fought a war inside her head, one voice always telling herself something different. With a mental sigh, she looked back up and continued to keep an eye on his Health Points while also obtaining small items here and there that could prove useful to his needs. 

ID: 76751
LD: 18+8 = +1 Material

Party

• [H: 5] @Seul | 975 / 975 HP | 50 / 96 EN (+1/-24)

Enemy []

Edited by Anemone

This was starting to drag on.

It was somewhat disheartening that he wasn't strong enough to kill the creatures in a more timely manner, but there wasn't much he could do about it other than complain. It wasn't that they were particularly difficult to hurt, just that the wide swings of his greatsword seemed to move in slow motion every time the weapon neared a bone head. Without additional accuracy his attacks were simple to avoid and the soldiers proved that a few times throughout the fight.

After he deflected and dodged their retaliation, Seul walked over to stand by Anemone. Since he wasn't taking much damage he didn't want her to feel left out so the least he could do was talk to her.

“Pretty exciting date, huh? Not everyday you get to fight a bunch of undead monsters in a floating castle… Well, it is for people like us, but (I hope) you know what I mean.”

ID: 79393 | BD: 1 | CD: 6 | MD: 1

Party

• [H: 6] Seul | 975 / 975 HP | 51 / 96 EN (+3/-2)

Enemy 

@Anemone

Edited by Seul