[6F - SP] Calming the Soul - The Reflection in the Mirror-Bright Shield [Completed]

Spoiler

<<Calming the Soul>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6

This quest is not repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

92U01UV.jpg

A mysterious waterfall, named The Waterfall of the Sage, is said to call players to it, giving them a feeling of complete relaxation upon arriving. Several flat topped rocks lay in front of the waterfall as seats for all who wish to attempt and understand the waterfall's secrets. It is said that occasionally one will open their eyes to find themselves in empty space, sometimes its an endless white space, or a never ending pitch black void, or even an endless field of flowers as it depends on how player's inner self is built. Here one's deepest thoughts can be heard echoing in the distance. A shadow like being with the appearance of a featureless human being appearing. Its size and shape similar to that of the one lucky enough to venture into the empty space, it simply points at you as a bright and disturbingly large smile appears on upon what seems to be its face.

Here four doors present themselves behind the shadow like creature, each one custom made to the player in design possibly depicting a symbol or image with significance to them. The figure lowers its hand and signals the player to enter the doors at their own pace. Upon choosing a door you  must face your inner demons and prove your might, each demon proving more difficult than the one before. When entering the doors an entirely new room is found, each one's layout depending on the demon being faced. After a demon is defeated the player will exit the room and can rest before engaging the next one, if you are incapable of continuing however your mind will begin to unravel and your fears will cast you out of the space and back into reality causing the quest to fail. Failing will not only cost you the rewards but can even cost a person's mind, or at the very least part of it.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-This RP must be a Solo

-You must meditate and face your deepest nightmares (Defeat all <Inner Demon(s)>)

-You must post all current equipped gear/overall stats/skills&mods/battle ready inventory in your first post of the thread. You may not switch gear throughout the thread.

Inner Demons Information:

<<First Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP: 1/4 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/4 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/4 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Second Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP: 1/3 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/3 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/3 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Third Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP: 1/2 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/2 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/2 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Final Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP: 3/4 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 3/4 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 3/4 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

Rewards:

1. You will be gifted the Extra Skill <<Meditation>>.

1.   Reveal hidden contents

2. 2 Skill Points

Recommended Level: Any

Beginning Stat Block

Spoiler
Basic Stats

Lv 20 HP 400 Tier 1                                                                                                                                                                                                
  DMG 5*, 12bleed(8+) LD 1 SP 53  
  ACC 0     Spent 46  
  EVA -3*     Remaining 7  
  MIT 34          
  NRG 40          
        Thorns 14 dmg      

Stealth   Healing      
      10   Energy/Turn 1+1 on a CD 6+    
          HP/Turn +27 when hit    

* - Alcoholic 3

Beginning Equipment/Familiar

Spoiler
  Familiar  
  Name Norbert
  Species Alligator Snapper
  Skill
Damage Mitigation

Rank

Weapon Armor Shield  
  Name Bleeder Barbed Ire Silver Lining  
  Type
One-Handed Battle Axe

Heavy Armor

Shield  
  Tier

Slots

Enhancements
Damage

Thorns

Regen

Bleed

Thorns

Regen

Bleed

Recovery

Regen

Item Stock

Spoiler
Health Pot x 5 40hp
Drunken Master - Alcoholic 3 (Consumed)

"Why am I back on the sixth floor?" Shield wondered to himself, pressing the heel of his hand to his forehead.

His feet carried him out of the town to the collection of stones where he has once fought his doppelganger, The Gemini. The memory of the event was not one he cared to recount, but even as he asked himself the reason for his visit, he knew the answer. The program that he had encountered, the one that took the faces of those it selected, and would invariably lose to them due to its inferior nature and lack of equipment, had been on his mind.

"I suppose... I can't help but feel sorry for it. Maybe I expected to see it again and give it more wisdom, but..."

It was deserted, the little spot where the hooded clone had met him.

"It probably only appears once to each player," he sighed. "Oh well. I'm already here. I hear the waterfall is supposed to be nice."

Spoiler

ID# 76752 results: Loot: 5 - No materials (0 total)

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

ID# 76753 results: Loot: 11 - No materials (0 total)

Pulling up his heads up display, Shield plotted a course to the waterfall that the sixth floor was known for and set off through the thick jungle. On his last visit, the thought of straying out of town had made him quite uneasy, but on this visit he knew himself to be stronger, more able, and better equipped. Even so, as the tall, broad-shouldered man made his way through the trees, he encountered no resistance.

Drawing nearer the landmark on his map, Shield heard the waterfall long before he saw it. The dull roar of the water slowly took over the jungle, dominating his senses. He began to see little flashes through the tree tops of a white spray contrasted amid dark stones, high up and in the distance. As he walked, the road sloped further up, beginning to wind back and forth until it was nothing but a series of hair-pin turns up the side of a cliff.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Action: Consuming item - Drunken Master - Alcoholic 3

-3 Eva

+3 Dmg

Turning a corner, Shield discovered a small landing that seemed to be an observation area, overlooking the lower portion of the falls, while a slight mist continually rained down on him. He found shelter under an overhang and sat, taking time time to enjoy the view and to replenish his strength.

Thinking of replenishing...

He tapped his way through his menu, summoning the dish that Beat had crafted for him. Shield had not touched a drink since he began his experience in Sword Art Online, but he knew that it had its benefits, especially considering his build. He chowed down into the rice ball first, filling his stomach before turning to the little saucer of sake that came with it.

"To my other me, wherever he ended up," he said, raising the saucer before downing its contents.

The saucer and the plate vanished upon depleting the contents, but even before he had time to enjoy the view further, a loud crack issued from the stone beside him. Stones tumbled over one another, clearing an opening that led to a section of the falls he had not seen. A small offshoot of water splashed onto a flat stone before running along the floor and out to join the greater fall.

As the path opened, a small dialog box appeared before him:

[Would you like to accept this quest?]

-Calming the Soul-

[O Accept - X Decline]

With a slight hesitation, he selected the button to accept.

"Well, I suppose I've seen enough movies to know what to do," Shield said to himsef.

He stood, walking over to the flat stone and seating himself under the small waterfall. The alcohol had begun to warm his body, spreading the sensation from his stomach out to his hand and feet, down to the tips of his fingers. Without being fully aware of whether it was the alcohol or the mission, his head began to nod, and before long, his eyes had closed, and he sat motionless.

A face came into view before him, and at first he thought he was looking into a mirror.

That is, until the mirror blinked.

He jumped, scooting back on his hands until the shape of The Gemini drifted back into view.

"Hello, old friend," it said, not entirely unkindly.

"How... what are you-"

"Doing here?" it finished the question for him. "Good question. Don't worry," it said, holding up its hand as Shield went for his menu, equipping his new axe. "As you can see, I am unarmed. I think I may be here just to show you the way."

The Gemini pointed behind Shield, who turned his head reluctantly, not eager to take his eyes from the thing that had once been a foe. Looking back, he saw four doors swim into view. The far right, an unadorned, cream-colored door, was the only one that was clear, as if the others were unattainable so far.

"Am I supposed to..." Shield began, but he knew it was a foolish question and did not finish it.

He stood, stepping towards the first door. It seemed plain at first. There were no real markings. It seemed like a simple household door. The most unusual thing about it was that it was a modern door despite the fantasy themes of Sword Art Online. He reached for the doorknob. As he turned it, it stuck slightly, as if the mechanism was not smoothly machined. That little detail struck a chord, and he froze.

"Something wrong?" asked The Gemini.

"This is the door to my daughters' bedroom."

There was no response. When he turned to look, there was no longer anyone behind him. Unless he planned to just wait in the darkness for something to happen, an outcome that seemed unlikely, he had to go forward. With an all too familiar motion to unlatch an all too familiar door, Shield pushed inward and the door melted away into the darkness.

"Dad?" cooed two little voices behind him.

He did not want to turn around. For the life of him, he did not want to turn around and see their faces. He knew they weren't real. The Nerve Gear was likely triggering some sort of reaction with his subconscious to create a personalized journey on the quest at hand. Still. Real or imaginary, he did not know how to turn and face the phantoms that awaited him.

"Mommy said you weren't coming with us," said the older of the two.

"Is it because you don't love us?" answered the younger.

Whoever designed this quest was exceedingly cruel. How dare they mess around in my head?

"No," the elder of the two voices replied. "He isn't coming because he's not allowed to. He's bad. The man with the hammer who sits behind the tall desk said so."

Something in that voice changed as it spoke. It was becoming raspy, angry, almost threatening.

"You don't belong here," it growled.

Shield whipped around, his dark brown eyes falling upon two sets of glowing, blood-red eyes. One set peered out from below long, straight brown locks, inherited from her father. The other had a curly mop of nearly black hair, passed down from her mother. Both children before him had elongated fingers, ending in sharpened tips that lacked the definition of proper nails. The older of the two wraiths bored into his eyes with her own.

"Get out."

Edited by Shield

First Demon: The Daughters

Spoiler

Self-imposed limit: Shield cannot attack if willpower fails (CD < 7) due to Flaw (see journal).
Shield: HP400, Damage per Attack: 5, Mitigation: 34, Evasion: -3, Regen: 27
Daughters: HP100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1

Combat rolls:

Spoiler

ID# 76777 results:

Shield: HP400/400, Damage per Attack: 5, Mitigation: 34, Evasion: -3, Regen: 27
Craft: 1 - Cannot attack

Daughters: HP: 86/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 3 + 3 = 6 - Hit! - 1 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 14 Dmg

Even as they advanced on him, he was stuck glued to the spot. He could never run away from his own daughters. He could never fight his own daughters either. If the game intended to pit them together, he would have to do one of the two or else die, but he did not know which he would be able to do first. If either.

Before he could react to even raise his shield both girls were on top of him, leaping for his chest and sinking their nails in deep. As they did so, both of them hissed, falling back and hunching over, their clawed hands out in front, dangling from limp wrists like praying mantises. The bright red eyes bored into him. The damage his thorns had dealt them made their fingers glow red as if they had just been pulled from a forge fire.

"Dad, why are you hurting us?" sobbed his youngest. "Don't you love us?"

"No," hissed the older. "He's bad. He's hurting us because he's bad. Mommy said so."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76779 results:

Craft: 5 - Cannot attack

Daughters: HP: 86/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 2 + 3 = 5 - Miss

As they began closing in once again, Shield ducked behind his protective barrier. His eyes closed, tight, his body locked up and tense, unmoving behind the shield. All the while, talons rained down on it, clacking angrily like hail on a tin roof. His breath came in short bursts as he tried with his other hand to open his menus and unequip his armor.

I can't keep hurting them. I can't keep hurting my daughters.

The older of the two called out from behind the barrier.

"He's hurting us because he's bad," came the rasping accusation.

"Bad! Bad! Bad!" came the younger girl's echo, ringing in his ears.

With the hand that braced his shield, he steadied the other hand, stopping it from shaking. It held his right in place, hovering over his inventory.

No! These aren't my daughters! I can't let them win just because I can't fight back.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76780 results:

Craft: 12 - Can attack, Battle: 1 - Miss

Daughters: HP: 86/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 2 + 3 = 5 - Miss

With great effort, he dismissed his menu, throwing his shield arm forward to toss his phantom attackers back, at the same time, gripping his new axe and cocking it back to strike. As soon as he moved the blocking barrier aside, however, his eyes met their faces, and even with their contorted expressions of anger and the unearthly red eyes and long talons, he could not shake the parts of them that looked like his precious daughters.

Shield lurched, taking a pathetic swipe at them with his axe that was not even gauged for the correct distance. They swiped with their claws but stopped mid attack, dodging back with agonizing wails at even such a paltry attack. Despite having to fight his way through the childish wails of the Emerald Hatchling, these wails were actually in the voices of his children, unkindly stolen from his subconscious to use against him.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76781 results:

Craft: 10 - Can attack, Battle: 4 - Miss

Daughters: HP: 72/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 8 + 3 = 11  - Hit! - 1 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 14 Dmg

Shield grit his teeth and redirected the pain that their cries inflicted on his heart, which felt as if someone had whipped it with a cherry red chain, just as hot as their claws had appeared a moment ago. He directed it into anger and resolve, though it was sluggish to respond to his commands as he attempted to master it.

Whoever designed this quest had better hope I never get out of this game!

He swiped again, with more gusto, but not much more accuracy than before. Again, they danced out of the way, splitting from one another to dart around Shield's defenses and strike at either flank. As their spindly claws sank into him, Shield noticed that as their health dropped, it dropped identically. This may have been a coincidence, but there was a chance that they shared a single pool of health points, and he was essentially only fighting a single boss.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76783 results:

Craft: 6 - Cannot attack

Daughters: HP: 72/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 1 - Miss

Unfortunately for him, Shield would not get a chance to test his hypothesis right away. With their strikes came more glowing red claws, more wails of pain, actual pain, not just sadness or fear. He felt his resolve crumble in his hands, and he nearly dropped his axe altogether.

"It hurts!" shrieked the youngest, nursing her afflicted hands with one another.

"He hates us!" answered the oldest, most vindictive of the two. "He's bad! Only bad people hurt innocent little girls!"

He thought back to his fight with The Gemini, how he had won by mastering his double using both skill and logic. Taking a deep breath, he shouted back after his accusers.

"How can you be innocent?" he cried. "You attacked me first! And you are not little girls! You are nothing but a phantom created by the game to torture me!"

While The Gemini had been weakened and angered by such words, the things before him began to grow, their wails becoming louder and more pained with each word.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76785 results:

Shield: HP400/400, Damage per Attack: 5, Mitigation: 34, Evasion: -3, Regen: 27
Craft: 4 - Cannot attack

Daughters: HP: 58/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 6 + 3 = 9  - Hit! - 1 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 14 Dmg

"Listen to him!" wept the eldest, red tears beginning to trail down her face. "He thinks we're monsters!"

"He really does hate us!" answered the younger, her sorrowful wail echoing through the black around them, her own tears much fatter and numerous as they spilled from her eyes.

Shield was at a loss. He could barely lift his axe arm let alone strike with it. These were the same cries he had heard so many times after punishments and during time-outs and when a favorite snack was accidentally dropped in the dirt. He knew it wasn't real, but even just the memory of it was overpowering, coupled with the fact that these tears were in response to his words.

The Daughters attacked once again, and Shield was powerless to stand against them. Again they split, again they rushed in, and again their attacks hit the thorny surfaces of his sides.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76787 results:

Craft: 1 - Cannot attack

Daughters: HP: 44/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 6 + 3 = 9  - Hit! - 1 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 14 Dmg

They did not relent, their claws slashing through his sides, leaving no lasting damage, but dropping their own health all the way into the yellow.

I cannot treat them the same way I treated The Gemini. They are conjured from me, not just my player profile. I cannot conquer them until I contain myself.

Shield let his arms fall down to his sides, closing his eyes and attempting to shut out the slashing and the wailing on either side of him.

They're not real. They can only have power over me if I let them. They are not real.

As he focused, his fingers tightened around the handles of his weapon and shield. His forehead and brow wrinkled with concentration.

Nothing I can say or do will here will get me any closer to the real things except to win and to move forward.

His eyes snapped open.

Now fight!

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76789 results:

Craft: 9 - Can attack, Battle: 10 - Hit! - 5 + 2 - 1 Mit = 6 dmg + Bleed turns remaining: 2

Daughters: HP: 24/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 4 + 3 = 7  - Hit! - 1 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 14 Dmg

Shield waited for them to strike again, once more letting them suffer the effects of his armor's offense. As he saw their health bars begin to drop once again, he turned to his eldest and he struck, catching her across her face and cleaving the corner of her head off. A gaping, glowing cross-section of a hole burned in the darkness, spilling out flitting particles of glowing red light in all directions.

The effects of the axe kicked in, and the health of both girls began to slowly drain away, dipping now into the red as even the yellow portion had been cut in half.

"I was right," he said coldly. "Your health bars are linked. You're not even separate entities."

The false daughters redoubled the efforts and volume of their crocodile tears, but the illusion was broken. They were now concretely nothing more than a mirage conjured from his deepest pains.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76790 results:

Craft: 7 - Can attack, Battle: 8 - Hit! - 5 - 1 Mit = 4 dmg + Bleed *reset* turns remaining: 2

Daughters: HP: 8/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: 1
MOB: 4 + 3 = 7  - Hit! - 1 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Bleed - 12 Dmg

Pulling back his arm again, Shield swung for the younger. He winced slightly as it struck, the barb on his striking edge burying itself above her collar bone. With a tightening of his grip, he wrenched the weapon free from where it had been lodged, trailing a streak of dancing red lights through the air. The more he heard them scream, the more he was able to distance himself from the sounds. They were not his daughters' screams.

The beings, whatever they were, swiped with their claws, but between their pain and being blinded by the particles they bled out in all directions, they were unable to even land a hit.

Their resolve was crumbling, and they had next to no health to stand with.

"Whatever you things are, your power over me is gone," Shield said, his eyes expressionless as he regarded the things that masqueraded as his daughters. "If anything, your cries serve no purpose but to remind me that you are impersonating those that I love. You have used up your sympathy."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76792 results:

Craft: 7 - Can attack, Battle: 8 - Hit! - 5 - 1 Mit = 4 dmg + Bleed *reset* turns remaining: 2

Daughters: HP: -22/100, Damage per Attack: 1, Mitigation: [DEAD]
MOB: 3 + 3 = 6  - Hit! - 1 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Bleed - 12 Dmg, Thorns - 14 dmg

The cries of both children fell silent, their tears slowing and then stopping altogether. Their red eyes blazed out from under their counterfeit hair, textured from Shield's stolen memories.

"Then die!" they hissed in unison.

As they lanced out with their talons, Shield swept his axe in a wide arc, catching both of them across the face as their own attacks lodged themselves once again in his unscratched flanks. Two unearthly screams merged into one, and both of the little figures exploded in to a shower of red pixels that snowed down across the black ground, vanishing once they landed, as if they were melting against the warm ground.

"They cannot be defeated like you defeated me," spoke the steady voice of The Gemini out of the darkness.

"I see that," Shield said. "They come from me, so there is nothing I can say to them that they will not anticipate."

"Quite so. I wonder how you will fare against the others..."

Edited by Shield

"Others?" Shield said, turning in confusion to face The Gemini, but there was nobody behind him.

All he could see were the same four doors from before, only the first had faded and turned a passive grey color, no longer an obstruction on his path. The second had now come into focus. Knowing what he knew of the first door made this one much easier to identify. This was the door to the old master bedroom - the one he and his ex wife had once shared. Although he did not relish a battle with her, he would not find the idea of attacking her quite so repellent.

He stepped over to the door and once again reached out to grasp the knob. He gave it a turn, and the door melted away just as the first had. His surroundings remained exactly the same, just as dark and desolate as before.

Second Demon: The Wife

Spoiler

Shield: HP400, Damage per Attack: 5, Mitigation: 34, Evasion: -3, Regen: 27
Wife: HP: 133Damage per Attack: 2, Mitigation: 2 

Combat Rolls

Spoiler

ID# 76798 results:

Battle: 7 - Hit! - 5 - 2 Mit = 3 dmg

Wife: HP: 116/133Damage per Attack: 2, Mitigation: 2
MOB: 3 + 3 = 6  - Hit! - 2 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 14 dmg

"Are you going to make up your mind then?" barked a familiar voice behind him.

He turned on the spot just in time to feel something scalding hot collide with the side of his head. He glanced at his HUD, but his health had not moved. The spot burned on his face, and he clapped his hand over over it, directly on his scar, exactly where he had been struck years before. On the ground at his feet, the remains of a mangled toaster, the plastic shattered and the glowing heating elements exposed.

You can't feel pain in SAO... this must be more tricks of my subconscious conjuring memories.

He looked up, and there she stood. His ex wife glared at him, her piercing blue eyes stabbing out at him from below her long, dark, wavy hair.

"Well?" she crowed, cocking her hip and resting her fist on the top expectantly.

"Make up my mind? About what?" he asked, still shaken from the impact.

"You WOULD forget!" she bellowed.

Reaching her hand out into the air beside her, she hung her head forward so that her hair hid her face. With a swift motion across her body, she drew an over sized meat cleaver from an invisible knife block and charged him, blade raised. Shield barely had time to prepare his axe before she was on top of him, slashing at his chest with the blade as he swung upward with his own weapon. Both hits connected, but she came off the worse for wear, sliding back along the floor.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76802 results:

Battle: 2 - Miss

Wife: HP: 102/133Damage per Attack: 2, Mitigation: 2
MOB: 5 + 3 = 8  - Hit! - 2 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 14 dmg

"What are you talking about?" Shield shouted back at her.

"It's everything!" shouted the shell of his ex wife. "You're so unbelievably passive about everything! You never make up your mind and expect me to make all of the decisions! About the girls, about the house and the car, just EVERYthing!"

She lunged, swiping at Shield with her knife and catching him again, this time across the collar bone. Her strike barely registered, healing itself as soon as it landed, meanwhile the thorns dealing her more lasting damage than she even landed on him. Still, despite the futility of her swipes with the pathetic blade, he could feel his blood boiling.

For a moment, he completely lost his focus on the quest, forgetting what this thing really was, or rather what it wasn't.

"You shut your mouth," Shield growled back at her. "You have no right to criticize me for anything after how you trashed my life and any hopes of a relationship with our family."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76803 results:

Battle: 2 - Miss

Wife: HP: 88/133Damage per Attack: 2, Mitigation: 2
MOB: 4 + 3 = 7  - Hit! - 2 dmg - 34 Mit - 27 Regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 14 dmg

"You aren't FIT to be a father to them," she screamed. "Children need structure and authority! They need a father with a backbone who will keep them safe and in line!"

With each new quality that she rattled off, she took another swipe with the knife, most of which Shield managed to dodge, but occasionally catching him on the arm or shoulder.

"Well, you fixed that, didn't you?" Shield roared back at her, a vein beginning to stand out in his forehead as he took each of her attacks, not even bothering to swing at her anymore as rage overtook his mental functions. "You walked out that door, took the girls with you, and squandered all of the money that we had saved to buy yourself a good lawyer before I had the chance to do the same! If scheming and making people's decisions for them is how you plan to make a household work, then count me out of it!"

Edited by Shield