[PP-NK-F1] Another Encounter (Dominion and Vale) [Complete]

"Thousands of people watch fights?!" Dominion about launched out of his chair. He had never heard of such a thing, not once in all his years. He would fight alongside his "Shaolin partners" at the monastery, but never were there thousands of people watching them. He sat back in his chair, completely stunned. He could only imagine this girl, around the age of 5, fighting another 5 year old in a classic sparring match with a giant crowd surrounding the small sparing circle. Her question about his "Well, the ones that I have fluent are Shorinji Kempo, Drunken style, known as zuìquán, Confusing Path style, commonly referred to by the monks as mízōngquán, Arhats 18 hands, luóhàn shíbā shǒu, and technically, there is a variant called Arhat style, or luóhànquán, which is different enough from the 18 hands to be considered a seperate style." Dominion knew that those terms would probably hold little to know meaning, but each was a real style that he had become proficient in. He realized that he should at least explain his recent lack of practice in one of them, "It has been too long since I last practiced Shorinji Kempo, so I will need to test out my ability to fluently move through the movements in combat sometime soon." He then asked another question in the form of a comment, which solidified his idea of when fighters began to learn. "I bet you started when you were really young, close to around the age of 4 or 5 judging by your current physique." Dominion maintained eye contact through all of this.

Vale jumped ever so slightly in surprise, Dominion could have used enough force to launch out of his chair to even touch the ceiling. Why was the fact that she attended spectated events so crazy for him to understand, it was a rather common occurance in the real world, "I mean the highly spectated events usually happen between the ages of fourteen to twenty five. International Events are view worldwide... You could have Have multiple millions of people spectating a fight and they won't even be in the same country" She continued to elaborate. She was extremely curious how he would react to that statement.

After the man had completely gained his composure back he started speaking on the styles of fighting he had been working on, including their appropriate naming which struck her as odd. It was becoming a little more believable that he had done much of what he said, since she didn't even know these styles of Martial Arts existed. Though some of his story still seemed farfetched, it was rather impressive that the blonde haired Monk truly did know what he was talking about. He even admitted that there was one style that he wasn't actively practicing for quite some time, "Well that's all pretty impressive to say the least." Vale commented.

He turned around and asked another question, focusing specifically on her bodily physique, she brought her hands up to cover her chest, "Was that question just an excuse to gawk at me a bit." She chuckled, trying to poke fun at him. After a brief second of pretending to care about him staring at her she dropped her hands, "I honestly don't care, I'm well aware of how I look. Just don't make it a habit of staring blankly, it's rather uncouth." She chuckled again poking more fun at him. Once she stopped she finally responded, "I've been practicing Muai Thai since the age of six, and western boxing since the age of ten. My sensei was very particular about muscle conditioning and practice, I never regretted following his words to the exact detail. And it won me some National Tournaments, so that has to be something." She reached down for the cup of water once again just as she was about to bring it up, "So what was it like going from Country to country... What did each place look like?" She inquired, finally bringing said drink to her lips.

Dominion didn't quite understand how looking at another person was "uncouth", but he would have ask others to truly understand. "He nodded his head. So, did you practice Muai Thai every day for six hours?", Dominion asked, his memories of working the fields for an hour, eating a small amount of food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then kung fu for the rest of the day were his earliest of memories. He decided he would answer her question to the best of his ability, even though he didn't know how to elaborate on most of the places. He first lifted his drink to his mouth, tasting the green tea of his "homeland". Dominion lowered the hot tea, which was now beginning to cool down slightly, back on the table. He began his story from his homeland, and then would elaborate to each individual country he had been to. "I have about 6 stories, but I have technically been in 8 different ones. Each has a story, but some are more focused on my time there and less with the people. You could say that most people don't respect traveling monks."

"Well, I grew up in a Shaolin Monastery for the first several years of my life. The first place we moved to was Egypt. I have no  idea why my father chose Egypt of all places, but it was sandy and hot. The people, for the most part, didn't care to talk to us, and soon they requested that we leave. Apparently my dad took that to heart, because we moved to somewhere else in Africa next. The most memorable thing that happened in Egypt was on a hot day, I decided I would climb a tree. Being Naïve, as people have made well aware to me, I thought that humans could fly like birds out of trees. I don't know about you, but to see a kid climb a tree and purposefully jump off, it must have been a sight. To be totally honest, I couldn't feel any of my muscles, so it wasn't as though it hurt. Then I took notice to the birds wings and came to a conclusion that birds fly due to weight and body parts." Dominion finished his personal story of Egypt, knowing that he had gone off onto a tangent. "The people that inhabited the area were generally rude to us, but I would say that they were not necessarily in the best boat either."

Dominion then began to describe the environment with a much greater detail. "The sand was like fire during the day, and ice during the night. I remember having to wear a weird piece of cloth to protect my eyes from the small particle things that bounced in the air every once in a while. There were both the poor and the wealthy, as seen in most societies. People that were of less wealth usually attacked or stole from the wealthy, which solved no problems. Sometimes as we would search for a place to stay, we would see a river flood it's normal boundaries. I still don't understand how that was possible. More importantly, the area near the river was actually lacking sand, with more brown dirt along the banks. When I went to Greece later and saw the ocean, sand was what held the waters up. I don't know how they took all the sand out from under the river and put it on the desert, but I still think that must be natures greatest feat." Dominion was brute honest. Anyone who knew him also knew that he never told lies. He grew up with only the experiences he had come across, being mostly, if not only, monastery martial arts and a much lesser amount of Buddhism.

It was highly evident by this point that Dominion was highly unaware of a lot of the standards of society. He was really kept away from cities and social life, so the idea of a monstary life was actually pretty accurate of assumption to make of me. He was mostly just oblivious to a lot of facts that were pretty standard, "I did. I was working on my physical conditioning from moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep. Typically I would spend about six hours practicing techniques and the what not." She explained as she finished off the rest of her water. She looked up and listened to his stories closely.

He seemed to be pretty fixed on the story of Egypt, not only that, but he seemed to have very down trodden thoughts of the place and the people. Vale even giggled when the man made mention that he attempt to fly out of a tree, "What made you think you could fly?" She asked rhetorically, trying not to interrupt him in all honesty as she refocused on his story and continued to listen. He tried to contemplate the idea of how the sand got all over the entirety of Egypt, which again caused her to laugh at the idea that he had formulated within his mind, "Nature is a pretty magnificent in it of itself. Kinda remarkable how the entirety of the land was created in the real world." She noticed a yellow button appear on her screen, she moved her finger to press on it to see her alarm notification, "Wow time really flies when you're having fun. But I need to hit the road, I have to get back to questing. I promised someone I would meet them." She puts her hands together, "I apologize greatly for leaving at such an abrupt time, thank you for the stories and sharing. Have a good day Dominion." Vale quickly got up and rushed out of the Tavern waving to him.

Dominion smiled as she quickly stood up. It was obvious she had somewhere to be, as she opened up her notifications and saw an alarm. That was good for him, so he could go back to his regular attire. He waved as she left, still contemplating his past actions. He didn't get to hear any of the interesting fight stories, which disappointed him for a brief second. Then again, he had reason to believe that she would live long enough for him to converse with her about this at another time. It had been some time since he had talked to another person from outside his friend group. He turned his upper body to order another cup of hot tea. Vale was definitely someone who could fight, and hopefully there would never be a day where they would be paired up against one another. He waited for the tea to arrive, unbuttoning his shirt once again.

-Summary

Vale: 200 Col, 1 SP

Dominion: 200 Col, 1 SP