[PP-NK-F1] Another Encounter (Dominion and Vale) [Complete]

Dominion was waking up from his spot in the alleyway on the first floor. The cold stone of the building which he leaned his back against contrasted with the warmth of the rising sun. Dominion could see the shadow from the building behind him begin to reverse it's movement back towards him. That was the sign that the sun was rising further into the sky. He placed a hand to both sides, using the wall behind him as a support to get up, checked his notification box. It was completely empty. No new players, or old players for that matter, had contacted him asking for help recently. Dominion shrugged his shoulders as he stretched. Looking to both sides, he saw few NPC's out and about the city. Then again, he couldn't expect much as he was still standing in his alleyway. Dominion's white, unbuttoned shirt did not move around very much, since there was not much of a breeze. He placed his hands in his pockets as he began to walk down the street. At the very least, Dominion could walk over to the tavern and see if they got a shipment of Hot Green Tea yet.

@Vale

Edited by Dominion

Vale sat on the first bench as she held a few papers in her hands, she was contemplating the next quest in the mass amount there were to take. The first time she looked over the quest board carefully trying to figure out what idea's to look into. This time she somewhat grabbed one of everything to keep with her incase she wanted to do a quest at a single whim. She had a stack on the side of her since there wasn't much of a breeze, she didn't really worry about what the papers might do. The dark skinned girl stretched her arms up after awhile of reading, her toned body easily defined by the skin tight black attire she was wearing, the scarf around her neck and arm wraps helped take some of the attention away from her body, or so she hoped.

After she brought her hands down from stretching, she leaned back into the bench to stare at the beautiful blue sky, "I am still having a hard time truly believing that this world is my new reality. If only Yokino would have just been patient and stared at this afternoon sky. Maybe things would have been different." She spoke sullenly to herself. Unlike Yokino, Vale always tried to see the beauty in all things, she always had an appreciation for the little things in life. She was beginning to get ancy though from all the reading she had been doing she honestly just wanted something to eat. She didn't exactly want the bread that was in her inventory, but she didn't have any other options.

Without a second thought after thinking it was time to eat, she pulled out her inventory and withdrew one of the starting bread items and water items that all beginners start with. Instantly they materialized in her hand. She set the cup the water spawned in down ontop of the papers incase any wind were to roll through, "Itadakimatsu." She said quietly to herself then took a bite of her bread. Somewhat disappointed in the lack of flavor it had, but that didn't matter. She had a solution to her hunger situation at the moment.

Edited by Vale

Walking up to the first main street, leading both to the gate and turning to an intersection that lead toward the center of the city, Dominion could see only two NPCs. Dominion had not seen any players actively walking yet, which gave him the idea that they had already left. Looks as though all the action has moved out into the fields of the first floor. Dominion turned to head toward the center of the city, but stopped a few yards away. There was a player sitting on a bench, holding a piece of bread and eating it with water beside her. Beneath the water bottle was a stack of papers, almost as though she was writing something. However, the first thing that caught his attention, before all else, was her hand wraps. They seemed to be just generic hand wraps, nothing really special about them. Dominion would know. He couldn't know for certain, but if he had to make a guess based on what he saw, she knew martial arts. He could assume that they would differ in style, but in this game that meant nothing if you were not a high level. Dominion approached her, his hands still in his pockets, none of his battle gear equipped. "I see you have hand wraps equipped while you stand in the safe zone of the first floor. If you don't mind me asking, who are you?", Dominion completely forgot to mention his own name.

The dark skinned girl hadn't made it half way through her bread before she heard an unfamiliar voice. The concept wasn't uncommon, she only knew of a single person when entering this world. And said person had decided to jump over the ledge of Aincrad with the inability to cope with the idea of being in this world, regardless of whom she was with. Vale flicked her eyes to look at the tall blonde man, carefully tracing his body up until her eyes met his face, she wasn't sure what his purpose of confronting her was particularly, she just had an assumption.

Vale began processing what he had asked, she moved her attention to her own handwraps that she was allowed to design onto herself just before entering the game. She moved her left hand to her right handwrap adjusting one of the bands to tighten it, "Don't you think it is rather rude to approach an unsuspecting woman completely out of the blue. Then begin commenting on her attire." Her voice was somewhat shrew as she grinned, "And ontop of that, have the audacity to ask for her name before even giving out your own." She followed up as she moved her deep velvet eyes attaching the gaze directly to his, "Personally I think it might be." She was attempting to hold back a chuckle.

She moved her left arm on top of the bench's back to get a more relaxed position. The man obviously had a want to talk to her so she would entertain the idea of talking to a complete stranger. She wasn't exactly new to talking to complete strangers, Vale did so all throughout her life due to her exceeding confidence. While awaiting for him to respond she moved the bread that rest in her right hand moving it into her mouth in a rather adorable manner, taking a small bite and chewing on it. All the while never breaking the eye lock she had on his, attempting to add a layer of uncomfortability to the unsuspecting man of her nature.

Edited by Vale

Dominion heard her comments clearly, although he didn't understand why the first one was considered rude. He did, however, realize how rude he was for asking her name without even giving her the honor of his own name. Dominion didn't hesitate to make his own greeting. He took a half step back, raising both arms up and held one another in a tight lock, left hand overlapping his right. He bowed his torso over his hands, bowing with the utmost gratitude. "Forgive me, my name is Dominion the Monk", Dominion said this and raised his own torso back up. Placing his hands back into his pockets, he slouched his body in contrapposto. "I don't know why it would be rude to approach an unsuspecting woman. Would it not be rude for me to just ignore every unsuspecting individual I see, walk past them and think nothing of it?", Dominion spoke his words with complete honesty, having only ever actually conversed with one other woman in his life. Dominion smiled, his hair still a mess. "I take it, then, that I am undeserving of your name?".

Vale watched as he stepped back after her retort and promptly did a bow, this was no ordinary bow normally accustomed in japanese culture. The way he held his hands, it was a clear indication of his Martial Arts background, it was a habit that one cannot break free from without constant awareness to it. She grinned as he placed his hands back in his pocket and slouched his body, 'So, he is well aware of Martial Arts. And the fact he introduces himself as a Monk is another factor.' She thought to herself just before he continued.

Vale would patiently wait for him to ask everything he had to say. She would then and stand up promptly, formally bowing him in much the same way in a courteous manner. After she finished her bow she rested her arms just under her chest as what felt most comfortable to do, "You take my words far too seriously Dominion. But some could take the gesture as a meaning of ulterior motives, which I am fairly certain you didn't know could happen." She commented, chuckling once again, "And furthermore, I never said you're undeserving of getting my name. But the correct course of action is to always give ones own name first before asking for another. Isn't that standard of a Martial Artist code?" She followed up ask.

Before he could say another word she would interrupt, "And the name is Vale. Tis a pleasure to meet you." She smiled sweetly as she extended a hand to shake his. She wanted to know just how extensive his background was, and most could be learned through the simple act of shaking one anothers hand. If Dominion were to grab hold of hers, he would immediately feel the tight squeeze as was customary of her. If he were to not accept her handshake, she would simply return it to under her bosom as she would regardless after said handshake.

Edited by Vale

Dominion took the name into consideration. Dominion took out his hand from his pocket, lifting it to accept the handshake. Dominion was not accustomed to shaking peoples hands, so he was weary to do so. He extended his arm and applied no grip to his hand. When she gripped his hand and squeezed, there pain would have been no way to tell. Any pressure in the form of pain within this game was non-existent. He did, however, see the strain in her muscles, mostly seen when a person firms their grip. "You aren't wrong, Vale. I simply made a mistake. However, I have no clue what you mean by a martial artist code." Dominion said. "there are many with the martial artist skill, but I have never met anyone in SAO to have had it outside of this game." Another question popped into Dominion's head as he waited for her to release her grip. "Have you just been staying somewhere in the first floor since the announcement was made? I haven't seen you before, to my knowledge." He placed his hand back in his pocket, turning his head and eyeing the pages beneath the water. "Are you writing a book?", Dominion said with some excitement, and a great deal of curiosity.

When he put his hand in for the handshake, she noticed there was no feeling to be had at all. She looked at his muscles and saw him putting no strain or effort into it, to this her mouth noticably shifted. She flicked her eyes back up to look at him, listening to him ask about the Martial Artist code put a little bit of disappointment deep down. Vale thought she had met another person from the real world who had a history of Martial Arts, but it was not the case. He even proved it with his statement on the Martial Arts Skill, as though it were something within this world. She placed her fist in front of her mouth and lightly cleared her throat, "It's okay Dominion, we're all human. We're prone to make mistakes." She commented.

When he asked about her living quarters she pulled her arms up a little bit as if to jokingly cover over herself, "Why do you ask? Are you having thoughts pop into your head?" Vale teased. Before he could apologize or anything, she reassumed a relaxed stance, with one hand on her hip and the over laying limp to her side, "I'm joking. But no, I have no living quarters and there is a reason why I haven't exactly interacted with anyone in this world just yet. I finally got tired of doing what I was before this." She stated honestly.

Dominion would change his attention to focus on the papers, all she could think was that this man was much akin to a squirrel. The smallest thing could take his attention away and it would be rather difficult to get back on topic so she decided to follow suite. She shifted her body backwards resting her weight on her left leg as it stood behind her right, "Well aren't you an inquisitive one. Getting nosey in my business I see." She chuckled, making this attempt at teasing him a bit more obvious, "And what if it is private information that I don't want shared?" She faked wiping a tear from her eye to emphasize how she felt about the situation.

Vale had made a comment about her not having no living quarters, which was so similar to Dominion's current situation, and was somewhat surprised. Nevertheless, Dominion thought for a moment, as he was gazing at the papers. Maybe she wrote a story about something important from the real world... cause that is a fair amount of papers. What if she has training in martial arts similar to my own. That would be incredible. However, when Dominion turned his gaze back to her, she was standing in a relaxed pose. Dominion heard her comment,"Well aren't you an inquisitive one. Getting nosey in my business I see."  to which, Dominion shrugged. "You are right, it is your business...", Dominion replied with this, but only for her to state that it was private information. Dominion was filled with worry, as she "wiped" a tear from her eye. To his knowledge, he had done something truly foolish. He had no idea what to do, as he didn't know her well enough to do anything else. Dominion placed his hand on the back of his neck, trying to think of something to say. "Well, I was just thinking maybe you would write down stuff about the real world. Considering your statement on Martial Arts, I supposed you would have stories of fights". Dominion gave himself a bit of credit with a remark on the fly so well said. That made Dominion curious about something else, probably another area he shouldn't go after just meeting someone, but he stopped himself before asking/commenting it. 

Edited by Dominion

it quickly became apparent that Dominion was not the most keen on being able to figure out what is sarcasm and what is not, She move her hands forward trying to calm him down for the moment, "Relax Dominion... I was joking. That's just a stack of quests from the Job Board here in town. I was trying to figure out what is a good path of quests to take and learn. I have nothing serious that I am dealing with right now." She expressed with the absolute intent to get the actual meaning across, Vale was about to continue expressing how he misinterpretted her words and actions but he followed up with something incredibly intriguing.

"You want to know, about the fights I have been in... In the real world? I thought you honestly didn't know anything about Martial Arts?" She asked with a strange curiosity. Dominion was beginning to confuse Vale at this point, she didn't know what was his angle or desire. She had become pretty good at reading body language due to having to react to the slightest body movement from the number of fights she had been in, "I mean. If you're honestly interested I could tell you about some of the fights I have been in. Trying to fight in National Tournaments is pretty daunting." She expressed to him. Returning to her relaxed pose, "I mean personally I'd rather not talk about my fights in the middle of the town plaza." She informed him, hoping it would get her out of the sitting heat of the sun.

Dominion was SO relieved to hear that he didn't actually do anything so foolish. he remained standing where he was, his mood changing back to it's usual cheerful attitude. "So that is just quest stuff", Dominion sighed, but he was still curious about her fights. He needed to be careful so that he didn't pressure her into stating her business, as that was none of his concern. When she made mention to him not knowing martial arts, he was confused. "Long story short, I know martial arts, but I don't have the "Skill" that you can acquire in this game as of yet" Dominion said. Dominion found it somewhat difficult for her to think that he was just some gamer, considering his physique was different than most others in the game. "Well, I was planning on going to the tavern to order some Hot Green Tea... if they finally got some." Dominion pivoted his body with stunning quickness, but then moved like a sloth to make his first step. This was because he was about to begin walking in that direction, when another few questions formed in his mind. He stopped, his leg still not quite planted on the ground for the first step and turned back to Vale, "What is a "National Tournament"? And have you found a quest from that stack of papers that piques your interest?"

Vale was having a rather difficult time pinning down just the kind of personality Dominion had, the man flip flopped in mood faster than she could honestly comprehend. It was as if nothing seemed to stick to his personality. But, the gloomy attitude was dissipated in an instant, she really didn't want to be dealing with anyone in a sour puss mood, especially over her words which were obviously sarcastic at their core. Then him threw Vale yet another curveball, turns out the man actually did partake in martial arts yet he hadn't acquired the skill here in Aincrad. She was pretty much completely stumped at this point, she wasn't one to give up, but the man was making it difficult to figure out how to act around him.

Dominion seemed pretty apt to the idea of going to the tavern, he specifically wanted a drink that they served. Based on his words and emphasis, it turned out their green tea was a really well known commodity. Vale hadn't the slightest of clues to what any store sells or anything else of that sort, all she had to get her through was the limited amount of bread and water she had at her disposal as she tried to mentally cope with everything attacking her mental psyche at the same time. She didn't have a single bit of currency to her name, so she wouldn't be able to order food or drink, but she could entertain the man for awhile before she went on her questing venture. She reached down and put the water back in her inventory and moved the papers into the inventory too, all of them dematerializing and disappearing, "Well. It really is all quest stuff. And if you don't mind my company, I could atleast sit at you with the table if you want to know about my fights I am willing to share a story or two." She iterated carefully to keep the point of the message thorough with him.

Vale mentally facepalmed herself when the man asked what a National Tournament. It was becoming apparent to her, that this man trained outside organized systems. This would end up being a pretty long day with him, so she might as well get comfortable with his presence, "I'll explain that in a bit. And to answer your question, I haven't a clue I was looking through a few and decided to take a food and drink break. I honestly had just got started since I woke up about thirty minutes before you arrived." She answered him honestly. After everything was moved to her inventory she did a quick and precise one eighty spin to be ready to follow him, "If you do mind me joining you I can leave you be." She left the option to Dominion ultimately whether or not she stayed or went and did her own business.

"Of course. Do you want something while we are there as well?" Dominion was totally intrigued by the idea of hearing of her fights. "I have been to lots of places such as Greece, Italy, Britain, China, and Japan to name a few. However, most of the stories I heard in those countries were of mythical combat and not necessarily martial arts." Dominion said placing his hand behind his head. Dominion smiled, "Nah, I definitely wouldn't mind you joining me. It has been quite some time since I have conversed with anyone in the lower levels." Dominion placed his hand back in his pocket and began to walk. so many questions were forming in his head, but he had to be careful not to over do it. "So, if you were in combat in the real world, I take it that this is one of your first times playing a video game?" Dominion really hoped that he wasn't the only one to have played SAO, being the first virtual reality game that the person played.

Dominion seemed very apt to having company at the tavern table, in fact the man even offered to buy her something, "I appreciate the sentiment, but I will politely refuse being bought food and drink." She reassured him, and immediately he descended into a list of places he had traveled to. Originally it was him who was fascinated with her and her Martial Arts Tournament history, this time he had her intrigued, "You've been to how many places? That's remarkable. Me and my family weren't very rich, so we often had to use my tournament winnings to pay some bills in the house. It helped that I liked participating in them." She explained loosely, "Well how about sharing stories then? I would love to hear about the places you have been." She asked and flashed the curiosity she possessed.

The blonde haired Monk shared some extra information that she hadn't exactly attempted to inquire on, but nonetheless helped bring some understanding in the man whom had her confused for a good while up until now, "I've not exactly ventured out of the first floor just yet. So, I understand the want for some conversation with others." Vale was easily able to admit. She continously paid attention to what he was saying, trying to mentally note anything and everything she heard him say, "Yeah. I've never actually played a single video game until Sword Art Online. It was a proposal gift from my fiancee, we were only suppose to play an hour but in that hour we learned that we weren't able to escape." She looked forward at the tavern entrance the two of them had walked to, at this point she bit her lip, "Unfortunately, That didn't last much longer after learning that fact." Vale left a bit of information for Dominion to try and figure out on his own as she proceeded forward entering the Tavern.

Dominion proceeded to hold open the door, allowing them both to enter. The area was lit quite well, but only a handful of players were sitting inside. He raised his right hand to wave when he was seen the bartender and tavern keeper. Dominion had become a constant costumer, always entering every other other morning to seek players who needed help. Dominion caught the hint of another death after the announcement was made, which put another thought into Dominion's mind. "Did your partner know martial arts as well?", Dominion wondered if she had planed to team up with her Fiancée, obviously before the incident had taken place. He caught sight of a table in the middle of the tavern, empty and clean from the day before. There were several open tables, since very few players were not already going out and fighting mobs. He allowed her to pick the table that they would sit at. Only one thought was crossing his mind, What variant of martial arts does she do?

Vale didn't really care too much for the door being held open for her, but she knew it was a normal thing most men do for women. She waltzed through the door and looked at the patrons, they seemed to smile in their direction and wave. Assuming she wasn't the target of the waving since she had never entered this place before, she could only come to the conclusion that the one they were waving at was Dominion. She shifted her head ever so slightly to put the man in her peripheral vision, she remembered him saying that he frequented here often so the immediate idea on service was coming into question. But, that was to be seen in the short future.

He asked a deeply personal question that immediately made her think solely about Yukino. She wanted to put her face in her hand to grip her temple due to the question bringing up the memory of watching her to be betrothed drop over the edge. Vale pointed at the table in the middle of the restaurant, "How about we sit there and I answer all your questions then?" She answered with a question of her own, she waltzed forward toward the table. Due to her natural body build, her walk seemed more like an unintentional strut. Once she reached the table she pulled out the chair that would be hers to sit in and promptly sat herself down before he could do the honors for her.

There was something about having others do actions for her that always seemed to itch under her skin. Vale was trying her hardest to not show her irritation of having the door held open for her, the man was just simply trying to be nice to her as was customary of most men. She started to pull at the straps on her armbands to slowly take them off, Vale was rather particular when it came to sitting at the table. She felt the need to be somewhat proper when sitting at the table, "I think it is appropriate that you button up your shirt while in a restaurant" She informed him, she grinned as she said it with the added sass in her voice.

Dominion gave a quizical expression, questioning why she would care about his own attire while at a tavern. He had entered many times on prior days with many people, but none of which had ever made such a comment about his attire at the table. "Well, I will not do something that makes you uncomfortable. However, I did not think this was such a "special occasion". Most people that enter this tavern just do what's customary to do for themselves." Dominion was reluctant to button his shirt, obvious that he never liked to be formal. He moved his seat back a bit more to button from the bottom up, then looked up again. "Alright, lets say you were asked to fight someone to which you have no quarrel. You are offered something substantial in exchange. Would you do so alone, bring a single friend, or ignore the request completely?", Dominion asked, knowing full well that this question was out of nowhere. He was told that she would answer all his questions, and so he put it to the test immediately.

Edited by Dominion

Dominion seemed to be confused and slight hint of irritation was slipping through, Vale had found something that would bother him even if it were ever so slight. He seemed uncomfortable to be buttoning up his shirt, "It's not about a special occasion, to be fancy, or anything else of the sort." She dropped her hand to withdraw the cup of water she had outside the tavern, she was pretty committed to finishing what she started. Vale lifted the cup and took a sip from it, after placing it back down she flicked her eyes back to Dominion again, "It's solely about respecting the environment of others. Even if they don't wish to do so, I do not see why we can't." She explained to him, Vale also didn't realize how important proper attitudes and actions in public were to her.

Then the blonde monk that she was sitting at a table with decided to dive deep into the questions about Martial Arts, "It depends on the circumstance. I often was told I would be fighting someone I had never even met, some I was really close friends with." She explained simply. Vale paused to take another sip of her drink, she wasn't overly rushing since she had an inkling that the questions were to be flowing through like a roaring river. After she placed the drink down, just as before she spoke again, "There are many aspects to it. If it was a sanctioned fight held with rules and conditions, then yes I would fight. I never got myself into fights that included more than just myself as one of the combatants." She cleared her throat to continue, "Mostly due to the fact that when you're heavily in the zone, one can forget who is friend, and whom is foe."

She moved her finger around the rim of the cup during the time she was talking, "Often times some of the only ways my family could make certain payments were from my tournament winnings. It wasn't often, we weren't a poor family. But my father would try to gamble sometimes in hopes of getting a big payday. So the added pressure of winning came in at times." She explained without need, her eyes stared at the still water in her cup, "What about you? You said you do have a history of Martial Arts. I'm interested in hearing your stories as well. Or is this just a one way street?" She chuckled as her eyes flicked back at his after asking the question.

Dominion couldn't quite get a picture of the sanctioned fights in his head. He was confused with the idea of rules and conditions. "So, what exactly does it mean for a battle to be sanctioned. And why would a fight hold to rules and conditions? Does not a fight break past any rules when someone loses their composure and "rages"?". Dominion refrained from one other question regarding winnings. He couldn't understand how someone could bring home payment from a battle, but he would let that question pass. She then asked him to give some of his own stories. He leaned back as he thought about it. "Well, my stories are in no way as incredible. I do basic training ever single morning, honing in my senses and reflecting on what I was taught. As for stories, I have fought as many as ten specialized martial artists against myself at one time when I was six, but never once was I able to beat my own father in one to one combat. I am proficient in over 5 variations of martial arts taught to me by Chinese monastery monks. Those monastery monks made me work harder than any person should, running until you can no longer run and practicing until you no longer feel any of your muscles. My dad helped me build up a tolerance to sharp objects and I mastered one imitation kung fu style taught to me by the head monk." Dominion said, basically giving away his stories as if they were super normal for everyone. "And around the age of seven, I went about traveling from one country to the next, learning new things and maintaining my training." The bartender came over with a cup of hot green tea, having just been brewed. Dominion accepted the drink and took a sip. "So if I understand right, you say that you have never fought alongside another martial artist before?" Dominion asked, placing his hand on his chin and raised his eyebrow slightly.

Vale was rather puzzled when Dominion wondered about sanctions and rules, it seemed to stumble him more than she would have anticipated. She took another sip of her water, "I can't tell you how many times I've had someone get super mad and want to take the fight to a deeper level. It happens, often actually. But when you're in these tournaments you're being watched by... hundreds... nay thousands of people. Composure is almost more important that the fighting itself." She retorted. Afterwards Vale relaxed back in her chair and listened to Dominion chime in on his ventures and history.

Immediately Vale wanted to call mularky at him fighting ten people at the age of six... Highly Trained professionsals no doubt. She kept her eyes still though deep down she wanted to roll them, but she wouldn't interrupt him as he didn't interrupt her. She decided to take the thought that everything the blonde haired man said was true. When he explained that he never was able to best his father she could in small sense understand that completely, her deceased fiancee was never once able to best Vale. Vale placed her hands gently in her lap as she crossed her legs, never once letting the eye contact break with the burlesque man. The part she wanted to know about most was left as simple as possible, Vale wanted to know what other countries were like. Even though she won Nationals, she never got an invite to an International Tournament, and the one time she did her parents refused it for her. One of the few disappointments she had of her parents.

He took the opportunity to ask another question which was basic down to it's core for Vale, "Precisely. I focused on solo tournaments. Since my two primary styles of fighting are very selfish styles in particular. Muay Thai and I took up Western Boxing as my second favorite. The generic styles most of my friends were interested in: Jiu-Jitsu, Karate, Thai Qwon Do. Never really interested me, but I did study Kendo for a long period of time though I didn't test in tournaments for it. " She explained, "You said you are fluent in five different styles, I assume one of them is Chinese Kenpo for one. But I am intrguied what these other four styles of Martial Arts you were taught?" She asked in a very strange manner, but getting the point across at the end.