[17F - PP] Herculean Labor

Spoiler

«Herculean Labor» The Nemean Lion

This quest takes place on Floor 17
This quest is repeatable.

36353_1170651600.jpg

Quest Description: To receive this quest a player must travel to the outskirts of Larissa and seek audience with the city's Queen Delia. Inside the palace that is unusually placed outside the city; in the modest palace's throne room, she will tell you the tale of a ancient lion and its mates, that terrorize the city and kidnap beautiful woman for unknown reasons. She will give you the impossible task of slaying the supposedly immortal beasts and bringing back to her, the male's golden fur which is said to be impervious to normal damage; to have it decorate her throne. She gives you a warning that its claws were sharper than mortals' swords and could cut through any armor.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts).
- 3 Nemean Lionesses must be defeated prior to attacking the Lion.
- 3 Nemean Lionesses must be defeated while attacking the Lion.
-The Nemean Lion must be defeated.
-Repeat completions will only yield Col and Materials.

Nemean Lion Information:

«Nemean Lion» is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
It receives its own dice roll.
HP: 838
Damage Mitigation: 82
Damage per Attack: 135

Conditioned Phase 'Royal Blood': The Lion will deal a minimum of 60 damage on each successful attack, even through Armor and Armor Abilities/Mods
King's Ferocity: On a successful attack, 55 Bleed damage for 5 player posts will be applied, regardless of being a critical hit or not.
Mating Call: A howl that will permanently increase the lion and the lionesses Damage per Attack by +10. Used every 2 turns (once every 3 turns) before any action. This ability does not use a post action to use, the Lion uses it from its first turn.
Evasion: -1
Accuracy: 3

Clarification Note: Conditioned Phase is part of the overall attack the Lion does, it doesn't add up to its damage per attack.
Example: If a player has 110+ damage mitigation, the lion will still deal the minimum of 60 damage.
If another player has 30 Mitigation, the lion will deal 105 Damage per attack(or more depending on its Mating Call ability).

Nemean Lioness Information:

«Nemean Lioness» is a location specific mob and has the following statistics:
HP: 512
Damage Mitigation: 47
Damage per Attack: 170

Ferocious Bite: On a successful attack, Bleed will be applied. On a non-critical hits (after modifiers) it will deal 20 Bleed damage for 3 player posts, on natural critical hits applies 30 Bleed damage for 3 player posts. The two Bleed effects don't stack; the lion's overwrites this one.
Accuracy: 1
Evasion: 2

Rewards:

1. <<Nemean Fur>> [Light Armor, Tier 2, Uncommon Item]: 'Bloodclot' - A cape made out of the Nemean lion's hide, said to be impervious to the elements and all but the most powerful weapons. (Last Attack reward, on the Lion)
  2. 5000 Col and 25 Tier 2 Materials.

3. 3 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.
Recommended Level: 35

There was a chill in Shield's blood that he was not accustomed to as he stepped into the teleportation pad. By far, this was the most ambitious quest that he had personally chosen to undertake, but the reply that he had received to his bulletin was a promising one. The player, a man named @Beatbox, had claimed to have accomplished it before. That was a huge boon. Not to mention the bloodclot item he had received from Hikoru to aid him in the quest.

"Floor 17!" he called out clearly, and with a lurch, his body hurtled through space until his feet came down firmly onto the stone of the 17th floor.

I think I'm properly geared for this fight. From what people have said, you're fighting two battles as a tank. One is bleed damage... which I have covered now. The other is their attacks that partially bypass armor. My regeneration should handle that for the most part, but..

He shuddered a little, not happy about the prospect of exposing himself to such powerful opponents, but in his mind, this was just preparation for the front lines. He checked his inventory, readying the Sand Armor Potion from the battle against the sand sharks, as well as the last resort, his teleport crystal.

"Let's hope this isn't the fight where I have to use this," he said with a sigh, stepping off to the side of the landing pad to await the player he had communicated with before.

Helping others, this is what Beatbox had came to the conclusion to, him as a player honestly cant grow that much anymore without the help of demonic equipment or a unique skill... once he would get Acrobatics... his DPs build would be 100% complete and there wouldn't be much Beatbox could get or strive for, however this didn't really bring him down any... he would simply help others grow in power while he sat back taking a chill pill for a while. Beatbox had leaned up against a light pole as he saw very little high leveled players stroll past Beatbox... it was mostly NPC's... it had seemed everyone was still stationed on floor's 1 through 10... however this wasn't something that bothered him. He just wished players would stop being so scared of death and fight along the players that is risking their lives. Without much time he had saw in front of him Shield... a man that asked of him some help for a difficult quest, he knew that couldn't solo this, but maybe with the combined efforts with his DPS skills they would be able to strike down the lions. Beatbox had stepped forward and said out "I assume, unless my eyes are deceiving me, you are Shield." he placed a hand over his heart and bowed before him "It's a pleasure to be working with you today."

@Shield

As the other player approached him, Shield blinked, taking a moment to register the face. He had expected to have a harder time identifying the player he has messaged with, but not only had the player been able to pick him out, he had seen him before.

"Oh!" he said, shaking his head slightly. "I know you. You bought a unique item off of me, and I believe we both fought against Freylise. I suppose I never got a name from you before. Well met, Beatbox."

Shield extended a broad palm for a firm greeting before opening his HUD and using it to get his bearings towards the palace where the quest was to be offered.

"Since this isn't your first time around on this quest, I'll follow your lead," he said, gesturing for Beatbox to walk ahead of him. "With you already having done it and me having extensively studied the available information from the brokers I've encountered, I feel like we're going to be pushing to skip a lot of the dialog, since we're both pretty well up to speed already."

• 4 weeks later...

"I indeed did purchase the item off of you, I am still looking for one though that would appreciate it more than me, right now its on a display in my home, it looks great for decoration in my own opinion." Beatbox had said with a smile written upon his face, there was something about helping others that he really liked, but right now he was to help this player make it through this quest, and boy oh boy was this one a doozy. Beatbo had looked behind him as he had progressed forward to lead him where the boss lays "Well shield, you are in some luck as there is little to no speaking what-so-ever, its majority just find the boss along with its feline guardians and buddies and call it a wrap. Do you mind and tell me what thy build is so I know our chances and time in which it would take us for completion?" he questioned Shield as they had made their way to the quest prerequisites and essentially sped up and form of talking what-so-ever that may have been involved with this quest, Beatbox had heard it before, he doesn't need to hear it again.

@Shield 

"Full tank," Shield replied. "I went with a fully offensive defense and focused on sources of secondary damage that by pass defenses, namely thorns and bleed, so that my SP could be spent on my own defenses."

Scrolling through his menus, he brought up a display and swiveled it towards his temporary companion.

"Speaking of defenses, I actually managed to snag a Nemian Fur from one of my guild's paladins," he added, giving @Beatbox a moment to look if he liked before equipping the item and closing out to the map once again. "It's a loaner, and it will lower my mitigation somewhat, but the bleeding effects of these lions is deadly."

[-Razor Ire, +Nemean Fur]

The palace was impressive to the naked eye, but to two players trying to advance the plot of the quest, it was hardly worth taking note. Shield almost felt a little guilty as he more or less railroaded as quickly as he could through the planned conversation with a portly man in fine clothes and a very tall, impressive hat, but the battle ahead was more of his concern than anything the NPC's had to say.

Edited by Shield

Beatbox had nodded his head, it was going to be one of these tactics, he takes the damage as Beatbox goes in to deal majority of the damage... he was okay with it though he just worried that it might take a little longer than he would like, he had unsheathed his sword "The Silver Crescent MK. 1" and prepared himself looking over every thing that he has equipped only then he decided that now would be a great time to down an alcoholic and guzzle a damage potion, he went into his inventory and drank a damage potion and followed it with a martini to go along with it. He had taken a deep breath as the alcohol was settling in, he wasnt going to be drunk he was just going to lose his evasion stats, not that it means anything as Shield was going to get their attention to begin with. He looked back to shield with a nod and said to him "Hikoru. I took this quest with him, I actually gave him the boss drop as I didnt really want it to begin with. I am assume you are the same way?" he questioned.

@Shield

-----

-1 Greater Damage Potion

-1 Martini II

+4 Damage

+6 Damage / -3 Evasion

"The same way as in I'm not interested in the drop?" Shield asked, trying to nail down Beatbox's exact meaning. "Actually, I have a few thoughts in mind for the fur. I could either use my Heart Sticker to turn it into a suit of heavy armor, or I could add some desirable enhancements as a nice display piece to sell in my shop."

As they wandered their way outside of the settlement, he began to see a low-built landmark. The closer they drew, the more Shield felt he recognized it, though it was impossible to place.

"Hold on... Herculean Labor," he thought aloud, plumbing the depths of his memory. "The stables that Hercules was charged to clean. It was one of the other impossible tasks he had to accomplish, along with defeating the Nemean Lion. They must have put this here as a landmark. We're likely closer than I had first thought."

Beyond the stables, the terrain became much less inviting. The plains gave way to badlands, and as they rounded a bend in the road, a chill went up Shield's spine. There, lazing by the road, a small pride of lions sat in wait. Approaching slowly, several of the lions stood and slunk away into the tall grass nearby, leaving five lions, each of them larger and more imposing than any of those who had left. The largest, unmistakably the legendary Nemean Lion, stood, easily taller than either of the approaching players even on all fours.

"I think we've found our friends," Shield hissed to Beatbox, making one final check of his equipment before stepping forward.

Normally, he found challenges or insults to hurl at his opponents as he howled, but this time around, he felt it would be appropriate to forego words and speak their language. He took a deep breath and let out a roar that ruffled the regal mane of the great cat. Opening up its massive maw, it returned the gesture, sitting and yawning as three lionesses padded forward before breaking into a run, taking off with frightening speed for such powerful foes.

Spoiler

Shield HP: 740/740 - 74 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 104 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 10 Battle Healing - 3 Hate

ID# 79762 results:

«Nemean Lioness 1» HP: 512/512 - Mit: 47 - Dmg: 180 - Eva: 2 - Acc: 1
«Nemean Lioness 2» HP: 512/512 - Mit: 47 - Dmg: 180 - Eva: 2 - Acc: 1
«Nemean Lioness 3» HP: 512/512 - Mit: 47 - Dmg: 180 - Eva: 2 - Acc: 1
Ferocious Bite: On a successful attack, Bleed will be applied. On a non-critical hits (after modifiers) it will deal 20 Bleed damage for 3 player posts, on natural critical hits applies 30 Bleed damage for 3 player posts. The two Bleed effects don't stack; the lion's overwrites this one.

MOB: 4 + 1 = 5 - Miss

A flurry of claws descended on Shield, and he managed to avoid the worst of them. Although he was not afraid to take a little damage, he didn't have his thorns on, so he felt no need to take more hits than he needed to.

@Beatbox

Edited by Shield

Beatbox had looked over when Shield had mentioned that they now were getting company... Lioness' could be seen and the main event could also be seen, however Beatbox in return had plastered a smile upon his face, this was going to take no time at all. Beatbox had looked back to Shield that had already began to howl... however he was unsure if he was packing any forms of thorns... but he couldn't help himself to use his Bullrush. Beatbox had unsheathed his sword and dashed forward using < Charge > entwined with his < Bullrush > as he then jumped forward and struck them with a shadowed explosion, a cloud of smoke flew up surrounding them in shadows, as they had faded the lioness' could be found falling onto the ground in paralysis state, Beatbox stood his ground high and he was not going to let their advantage go to waste.

@Shield

-----

ID: 79879 - BD: 6+4-2=8

Sword Art Used: Shadowed Explosion [Damage: 14+4+6+5=29*9=261-47=214]

[H: 1] Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 88/106

[H: 3] Shield - 740/740 - 74/74

Nemean Lioness 1-3: 298/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1 - Stunned

Spoiler

ID# 79886 results:

Shield HP: 740/740 - 74 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 104 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 10 Battle Healing - 3 Hate (5 on #1)
Battle: 10 - 2 = 8 - Hit Lioness 2! - 3 dmg + 2 dmg - 47 mit = 1 dmg, Bleed rounds remaining: #1 - 1

«Nemean Lioness 1» HP: 273/512 - Mit: 47 - Dmg: 180 - Eva: 2 - Acc: 1
«Nemean Lioness 2» HP: 298/512 - Mit: 47 - Dmg: 180 - Eva: 2 - Acc: 1
«Nemean Lioness 3» HP: 298/512 - Mit: 47 - Dmg: 180 - Eva: 2 - Acc: 1

Shield heaved a sigh of relief as the lionesses in front of them were stunned. Usually, he had no use for stun, since taking a hit would usually result in extra damage for his enemies, but after swapping out for the gleaming golden Nemean Fur, there was no longer any benefit to tanking the hits. Stun-lock was going to be their best friend.

Picking his target carefully, he approached the nearest lioness, whose mouth was frozen in a vicious snarl. Swinging his axe hand high, he brought down the heavy blade onto the creatures's spine, just behind its skull, digging in with the hooked lower edge of the chopping surface and yanking the weapon free.

A shower of red, spark-like pixels sprayed from the gaping wound, and the lioness' health began to slowly drain. It was minimal damage, but it was a contribution none the less.

"How does it feel being the one made to bleed while failing to do the same yourself?" he said to the lioness, a grim yet triumphant half-smile playing at the corner of his lips.

Edited by Shield
  • 2 weeks later...

Beatbox had looked over back to Shield, he had looked like he was relieved that they were all stunned for whatever he had in store of all of them, then he had noticed him pull out his weapon and swing it upon them dealing... 1... damage? That kind of confused him for a moment there, sure... he could expect something like bleed, but... 1 damage? Even if he was a tank he should be doing more than that... he shrugged it off, he guessed not everyone can be a weapon expert at this game he supposed. He pulled out his sword once more and lunged forward with a shadow explosion hitting all 3 of them dealing a lot of damage to their health bars once more... Beatbox darted between their HP's and thought and knew that they were not going to live another one of Beatbox's strikes. Beatbox grinned and took a moment to catch a breather before their doom, for now he would let Shield take care of it from here.

@Shield

-----

ID: 80680 - BD: 8+4-2=10

Sword Art Used: Shadowed Explosion [Damage: 14+4+6=24*9=216-47=169]

[H: 2] Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 71/106

[H: 3 = 2&3 / 5 = 1] Shield - 740/740 - 73/74

Nemean Lioness 1: 104/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1 [Bleed: 2/2]

Nemean Lioness 2-3: 129/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Spoiler

ID# 80683 results:

Battle: 6 - Hit! 3 dmg - 47 mit = 1 dmg

MOB: 6 + 1 = 7 - Hit! - 170 dmg - 104 mit = 66 dmg x 3 = 198 dmg, Bleed - TARGET IMMUNE

Shield HP: 542/740 - 74 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 104 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 10 Battle Healing - 3 Hate (5 on #1)
Battle: 10 - 2 = 8 - Hit Lioness 2! - 3 dmg + 2 dmg - 47 mit = 1 dmg, Bleed rounds remaining: #1 - 1

[H All - 2] @Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 71/106

[H 1 - 5, 2 - 4, 3 - 3] Shield HP: 740/740 - 74 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 104 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 10 Battle Healing

Nemean Lioness 1:   80/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1
Nemean Lioness 2: 128/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1
Nemean Lioness 3: 129/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

The battle was progressing as nicely as he could have hoped, given how much he had needed to sacrifice in order to survive the bleeding attacks of the lions. A portion of his defense, and an even more significant chunk of his offense, gone.

This is why it pays to have the right carry on quests like this.

With a sigh of relief, he turned his focus from his ally to his enemies, each of which had returned to their feet and were closing in on him. Stepping to the side he swept an uppercut with his axe at the second lioness. She leaped back, but not quickly enough to avoid the attack altogether. He caught just enough of her to take off the very top edge of her health bar, though it was not enough to bleed her. It succeeded in angering her further though, which in the end was a big part of hit job.

"Think you got it in you to end them?" he asked, keeping his attention wide so that none of the predators could get the jump on him.

Edited by Shield

Beatbox had watched as Shield had done almost the same routine, he didn't get another bleed off... which Beatbox had assumed that's what he was going for, and simply only did one damage and did what tanks were designed to do, and tank up the damage he had taken from the lioness' last attack upon him. Beatbox had smirked, it was his turn to strike next "Well, it shouldn't be hard for me, but these little boogers are more evasive than I had originally thought so... who knows." he said to Shield answering his question, his sword charged up a deep eerie blue as he had lunged forward to strike against them... however eventually, he had missed them failing to hit off another combo. "Tch." he let out with a little bit of anger that he didn't manage to hit the lioness' but hey... good things come to those who wait and are patient.

@Shield

-----

ID: 80685 - BD: 2+4-2=4

Sword Art Used: Failed Attempt

[H: 2] Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 70/106

[H: 3 = 2&3 / 6 = 1] Shield - 542/740 - 72/74

Nemean Lioness 1: 80/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1 [Bleed: 1/2]

Nemean Lioness 2: 128/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 3: 129/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Edited by Beatbox
Spoiler

+54 HP x 3 regen, + 10 BH

ID# 80693 results:

Battle: 8 - Hit! 3 dmg - 47 mit = 1 dmg, Bleed - 24 dmg

MOB: 7 + 1 = 8 - Hit! - 170 dmg - 104 mit = 66 dmg x 3 = 198 dmg, Bleed - TARGET IMMUNE

Shield HP: 516/740 - 74 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 104 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 10 Battle Healing - 3 Hate (5 on #1)

[H All - 2] @Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 69/106

[H 1 - 5, 2&3 - 4] Shield HP: 740/740 - 74 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 104 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 10 Battle Healing

Nemean Lioness 1:   80/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1
Nemean Lioness 2: 128/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1
Nemean Lioness 3: 104/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1 -
Bleed 1/2

Shouldn't have said anything.

Shield didn't waste a moment. As his health regenerated nearly to full from the previous assault, he struck at the final remaining lioness who he had yet to hit, this time sweeping downward into the top of her shoulder. The fountain of red particles told him he had succeeded at his objective. It wasn't a lot, but it was something.

The lionesses were becoming impatient with the game of this particular hunt, and the three of them leaped sporadically from side to side, making it difficult to track them, until suddenly, Shield realized they had surrounded him. Before he even had time to react, they pounced, taking away all of the damage he had just recovered and then some. He winced from the uncomfortable sensation of claws in his flesh. Even without pain, it felt unnatural, to say the very least.

"No rush. I'm not in any danger right now, so take your time."

Edited by Shield

Shield had continued doing his job as tank and placing onto some, the status effect bleed. Now, he never really thought about how boring it must be to be a tank, only standing there taking damage and dealing little damage back. Matter of fact it had been a while since he had used another status effect other than paralyze. He had taken a deep breath and used his Extra Skill Concentration... there was no way he was going to miss this time around. And with just the right dash forward he immediately swung his sword at just the right time and hit one of them to hit them all with an AoE explosion effect, and with a mighty roar all 3 of them had perished into white and blue crystals that had faded into nothing... Beatbox and Shield had finally taken down the first round of minions. "One group down, one more plus a boss to go." he had said with a deep breath of air.

@Shield

-----

ID: 80695 - BD: 3+4+1[Concentration]-2=6

Sword Art Used:  Shadowed Explosion [Damage: 14+4+6=24*9=216-47=169]

[H: 2] Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 53/106

[H: 3 = 2&3 / 6 = 1] Shield - 516/740 - 72/74

Nemean Lioness 1: 0/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 2: 0/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 3: 0/512 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Spoiler

+54 HP x 3 - regen

+40 HP - Basic healing potion

718/740 HP

With the immediate threat gone, Shield turned his eyes to target of their mission: the lion, king of the mythical pride. To his surprise, it merely yawned, sitting on its paws as it watched the players.

It must not register as a combatant until it's been engaged. Or maybe it's just biding it's time. Either way...

"Hey, Beatbox," he murmured, keeping his eyes on the prize. "I'm a little lower than I'd like. My regeneration will help some, but I'm gonna heal up. We should be fine, but I know that the final fight has some pretty mean statistics that are designed to make everything harder the longer the fight goes on. If you think you can focus the big guy and take him down in one or two hits, I say do it."

He pulled up his battle ready inventory and took out one of the potions that he kept with him from his shop's stock, downing one and watching his health climb almost back to full.

Beatbox had looked over as Shield had called out his name and went on about the statistics, he looked over with a smile and said "I might as well get the best of the energy I have at the moment, I can't guarantee I can take down the boss, but I will deal as much damage spread across the board. The boss is nothing without its minions, as long as the main boss is on you we will be fine. But out priority will be the minions. Bloodclot is a blessing ya'kno." he said with a chuckle as he moved further into the cave to see the Lionesses start to surround the player along with the lion roaring out making the lioness glow gaining strength, Beatbox had looked around and laughed at the joke that the boss had tried to pull, he activated his charge and bullrush skills and dashed forward dealing a massive AoE stunning all of them temporarily "Shield, you're main priority should be the main boss, I got the minions with the AoE, we need to find a way to deal the boss the most amount of damage and bleed should do it." he had said out to Shield.

@Shield

-----

ID: 80704 - BD: 9

Sword Art Used:  Shadowed Explosion [Damage: 14+4+6+5+1=30*9=270-47=223 / 270-82=188]

[H: 2] Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 36/106

[H: 0] Shield - 718/740 - 72/74

Nemean Lion: 650/838 - MIT: 82 - DMG: 135 - EVA: -1 - ACC: 3

Nemean Lioness 1: 289/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 2: 289/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 3: 289/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Shield shrugged and rushed in after Beatbox, keeping close on his heels until he had completed his attack.

"I hope you know that you're doing."

Darting to the side, he charged out in front, putting himself between directly in the Lion's field of vision. It was intimidating being so close. School children looked at pictures of lions in books and illustrations, and in a sense, Shield had even fought leonine foes already in SAO, but those did not do justice to the true size of the creature, especially since this was a lion of legend. To any human observer, he was as collected as ever, but if the lion could smell fear, he would reek of it right now.

He choked back his doubts, drawing in as much breath as his lungs could hold. Tightening the muscles in his ribcage, he pressurized the air and let loose a howl that flattened the lion's mane against its neck.

Spoiler

+10 HP - BH

Action: Focused Howl

[H1: 6, H2-4: 0] Shield HP: 728/740 - 74 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 104 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 10 Battle Healing
[H:2] @Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 69/106

Nemean Lion: 650/838 - MIT: 82 - DMG: 135 - EVA: -1 - ACC: 3
Nemean Lioness 1: 289/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1
Nemean Lioness 2: 289/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1
Nemean Lioness 3: 289/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

"Don't you worry about your lady friends," he bellowed, putting his face mere inches from the lion's face, a feat he likely would have been more hesitant of in the absence of the stun effect. "You just worry about yourself! I'm gonna bleed you out just like you've done to all of the players who have come before us!"

Edited by Shield

"With what little energy I have left, I might as well make it easier for us instead of having the boss infinitely increase the minions attack every time, after that... I don't know what to do... something will come to mind I'm sure... I hope." he said once more as it was his turn to strike again as Shield had caught the attention of the main boss, the main boss horribly missed against Shield... which was almost something to snicker about, then the minions had all tried to attack Beatbox, however he managed just barely get out of the way of their attacks. Then Beatbox had striked back with another AoE hitting all four of them, Beatbox's eyes had darted here there and everywhere to see if the minions HP values were set up to kill them, and once he confirmed that they were he had taken a deep breath and tried to figure out what they can do to strike down the main boss.

@Shield

-----

ID: 80705 - BD: 4+4-2=6 / 4+4+1=9 - MD: 7-3+1-5

Lion ID: 80706 - MD: 1 [Lel]

Sword Art Used:  Shadowed Explosion [Damage: 14+4+6=24*9=216-47=169 / 216-82=134]

[H: 3 Minions / 3 Lion] Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 19/106

[H: 0 Minions / 6 Lion] Shield - 718/740 - 72/74

Nemean Lion: 516/838 - MIT: 82 - DMG: 135 - EVA: -1 - ACC: 3 [Rawr: 1/2]

Nemean Lioness 1: 120/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 2: 120/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 3: 120/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Spoiler

+10 HP - BH

ID# 80708 results: Battle: 6 + 1 = 7 - Hit! 3 dmg - 82 mit = 1 dmg

[H: 0 / H: 7] Shield HP: 738/740 - 74 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 104 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 10 Battle Healing
[H: 3 / H: 3] @Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 19/106

Nemean Lion: 516/838 - MIT: 82 - DMG: 135 - EVA: -1 - ACC: 3
Nemean Lioness 1: 120/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1
Nemean Lioness 2: 120/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1
Nemean Lioness 3: 120/512 - DMG: 170 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

The lionesses were already in their red gauge. They didn't have long left, which was encouraging to Shield. He checked the party HUD, and his heart sank. Beatbox really was nearly out of energy.

No wonder he needed me to keep the boss busy. Looks like we'll have to stall.

He narrowed his eyes and pulled back his axe arm, aiming for a spot on the top of the lion's head. While he had only dealt with the creature while it was stunned, now that it was coming out of it, it became immediately clear that he had underestimated its abilities. As Shield struck, it leaped to the side. For such a large creature, it moved with considerable agility. While this could have been a simple matter of not giving it the credit it was due, there was still a possibility that this boss was uncharacteristically nimble. All he managed was to clip the edge of its paw as the creature's body sprang out of harm's way.

Edited by Shield

Beatbox had darted between the main boss which had missed terribly again, which was incredibly hilarious to see, and that the minions had also terribly missed it made Beatbox think on how it made Hikoru and him sweat the last time. Beatbox had chuckled and got serious once more... he needed to make use with what little energy he had left and with one swift movement and with majority of his energy... he managed to strike against all four of them and kill the three minions making the future roars that the main boss would do... null and void. Beatbox had taken a deep breath and then decided what he could do now to strike down the boss... it seemed that he was out of options its health was just too high for the lower sword arts that he has... there has to be some other way for him to take this thing down...

@Shield

-----

ID: 80710 - BD: 5+4-2=7 / 5+4+1=10 - MD: 1

Lion ID: 80711 - MD: 1 [GigaLel]

Sword Art Used:  Shadowed Explosion [Damage: 14+4+6=24*9=216-47=169 / 216-82=134]

[H: 4 Lion] Beatbox - 1075/1075 - 2/106

[H: 7 Lion] Shield - 738/740 - 72/74

Nemean Lion: 381/838 - MIT: 82 - DMG: 135 - EVA: -1 - ACC: 3

Nemean Lioness 1: 0/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 2: 0/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1

Nemean Lioness 3: 0/512 - DMG: 180 - MIT: 47 - EVA: 2 - ACC: 1