[F1-PP] What truly suits me? <<Feeding The Enemy>> (Lawrence, Atzo) {Complete}

Spoiler

<<Feeding the Enemy>>

This quest may take place on any Floor.
This quest is not repeatable, unless your previous familiar is dead or has died.

An old gypsy NPC woman approaches you. She tells you that if you feed a monster, it may become tamed and accompany you on adventures, and sometimes even help you. However, taming a familiar is very rare, and you may even be damaged by the familiar. Use caution. This quest can be taken on any floor.

Requirements:

Thread Length: 1 Page/20 Posts

The monster tamed must be smaller than a large dog and within reason. The tamed monster must also be logically tamed, and as such most humanoid monsters will not be tamable. Staff reserves the right to deny certain types of familiars. If you're worried that your familiar may not be approved before searching for it, please PM a member of Staff.

Rewards:

1. The title <<(Insert beast's type name) Tamer>>
  2. A familiar (Possibly, view chart below.)
  3. 1 Skill Point

Familiar Results:
When feeding a familiar, you have one chance to tame a familiar every 15 posts. That means you may only roll the loot die for the familiar on the fifteenth post. If you don't want a familiar that you tamed without buffs, you may kill it and continue searching. Use the loot die(LD) to see if you do. Familiars may only be attempted to be found in intervals of 15 posts of the attempting player.

LD 1 - 10 Failure No monster is found or the taming attempt is unsuccessful.
LD 11-18 Success Monster is found and may be successfully tamed. 
LD 19+ Success Monster is found and successfully tamed. Player may choose an extra skill from the Familiar Enhancements, submitted for approval via the Evaluations forum.

Only one familiar may be obtained per thread.

Atzo was walking through the town of beginnings. A strange Gypsy approaches him “I see you are without a companion” She said, her voice crackling “Perhaps you should try feeding them?” A quest Icon appeared and Atzo shrugged. He had nothing better to do so he accepted the quest. “I need to grab something to feed it with” walking to a small npc shop Atzo purchased some raw meat, the shop was small, it was really just a wooden stand that sold meat. It was unsurprising as the game was based on more medieval times than recent “This will do” the town was fairly quiet today and he had no intention of changing that. He allowed his expression to obtain its usual smirk and he walked in a relaxed pace. He approached the tavern and ordered a wine, taking the glass he thanked the bartender and left the tavern heading in the direction of the forest.

@Lawrence

Edited by Atzo

Shepard had been running around in the town of beginning's getting info on anything he could get his hands on. He found a couple of beginner quest's that looked easy enough when all of a sudden he ran into something solid. Stumbling back and falling on his rear his black hair all in his eyes once again Shepard looked up to see what looked like another player through the strands of hair. "sorry about that" directing his apologies to the player as he stood up and dusted himself off. "I should have been paying more attention to the streets than my thoughts eh" at the end of his statement he let out a small sigh he never did like to talk to others that he didn't know.

Atzo had stopped at the edge of the town of beginnings. He had adjusted his footing to his normal stance, on that was very stable. Looking at the floor map he was suddenly interrupted by a man who was slightly taller than him. He felt the man run into him, though Atzo didn't budge. Seeing the man on the ground and hearing the man’s speech he gave a slight chuckle and a warm smile. “You are fine” Atzo said as the man looked away “No harm, No Foul. I am Atzo, what brings you here?” Atzo had a very welcoming expression and no sign of anger. “This kid seems to be uncomfortable” Atzo thought “I wonder why? I wonder if he has any use to me” He looked to the tree’s thinking about the familiar. “I’ll tell you what, kid, join me on my quest and we will call it even, Deal?”

@Lawrence

Shepard was a little surprised by the man's reaction he also noted that the man didn't even move when he ran into him. "He must be a higher level than me" he thought to himself. Puting his hand on the back of his head Shepard let out fake chuckle to hid his thoughts from the man named Atzo. "Well the name's Shepard it's nice to meet you Atzo" putting his hand down into his pocket he listened to what Atzo was saying. "sure, it's the least I could do, in fact I was just on my way to the forest to grind some mobs."

Atzo’s smile widened slightly “well if you are grinding for mobs then you are in luck, I happen to be attempting to gain a familiar, I have no doubt you could gain one as well.” he said as he threw some raw meat to the other player “Dont worry, if we run into anything I will protect you. Not to mention that it is dangerous to grind alone, I have known of many a player who has died in the forest. Players that would be alive if they even had one person there for backup.” He looked to the woods, stared for a moment then began walking “Come on, bud. Let's go get us some pets!” He was feeling strangely confident today.  He knew that it could be his downfall and he needed to tread lightly. It was going to be a challenge finding what he was specifically wanted. A Chimera was not a common monster, let alone a common pet. But he was up for the challenge.

@Lawrence

"Getting a familiar seems like a good idea it should make fighting mobs easier." Catching the meat that Atzo threw to him Shepard listened intently to the more experienced player. "You make a valid point having backup is always good to bring no matter what you're level" his mind wondered back to the day this all started and the strange people he met. "You can't be picky about the people you work with either, not saying anything about you, you seem like a very nice person." Now walking towards the forest beside Atzo, Shepard couldn't help but notice that this guy was a little to quick to trust him. "Sounds like a plan, I was thinking about getting a dog of some kind."

Suddenly Shepard said that he was a nice person. It took all of Atzo’s self control to keep from busting out in laughter. This guy was so naive. He just met Atzo, how could he see Atzo as a good or nice person? Atzo may not be a red player but that doesn't mean he wouldn’t indirectly kill people. He decided to just shrug. “A dog, eh? I have an idea for what I want to get  but I feel like I should keep it secret for now, If I told you I am afraid you might run off.” He chuckled, he wanted a very powerful and very scary mythical creature that was sure to be very hard to find. To his knowledge, if he succeeded, it would be the first of its kind to be obtained as a familiar. He didn’t care about it though, All he worried about was that the creature was like him. It had many faces and so did he.

@Lawrence

By the time Shepard and Atzo had gotten out of the town the sun was already at its highest. The landscape was still as amazing as ever the rolling hills that cut off right before the massive expanse of trees were they would find there familiars. His mind wondered back to his childhood friend Juni  the girl that always kept him from letting out his demons 'maybe he knows her or at the very least seen her'  turning to face Atzo as they walked "have you been to any higher floors" as he said this Shepard caught a glimpse of the town as it shrank in the distance. "I've been looking for a girl named Juni, have you meet any by that name." While he was waiting for Atzo's response he turned to face there destination. He still blames himself for her imprisonment in this game he would've been fine if it had just been him, but no it was torture not knowing if she was alive.

Edited by Lawrence

Atzo looked at Shepard and thought for a moment. “I have Been to floor 16 on a quest but I have never really traveled above floor 2 for an extended period of time.” He said  “And, No I have not heard of ‘Juni’ is that her first name or her username? Because if she has a different username then I may know of her…” He kept walking. He payed no attention to how fast Shepard walked but Atzo knew he could walk three miles an hour with half of his own weight on his back. And he didn't have anything but his leather coat and Misguidance on him at the moment so he may have been walking even faster than that. Suddenly he heard a noise. A boar was wondering out across the way, “Hey, I am going to try to take that out. You stay behind me and let me pull its aggro for a few turns. After that feel free to attack just watch your aggro.” Atzo took off toward the boar Misguidance’s perfect mirror reflecting the sunlight against the trees intensely. He had been eager to try his new equipment. And what better way to do that then to kill something.

ID# 78445

Spoiler

Loot 3+1= 4 (No Mat)

Stats

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 4/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 5 DMG | 1 Bleed | 2 Accu | Hate: 0

Boar 30/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

Edited by Atzo

"Both, she said her username would be the same as her name" Shepard started to think if she was probably on the higher floors. The wind picked up a little and threw his hair back into his face once again. "Well thanks anyway, I've looked all over this floor and haven't seen her or even heard of people that have" talking through the strands of jet black hair. "I plan on getting a couple more levels first and start searching the higher floors." As he pulled back his hair he seen Atzo moving towards a boar not to far away he explained how the fight should go "OK so your gonna get his attention and I'll attack while he's concentrated on you." Equipping his sword whilst he said this moving towards the boar making sure to stay behind Atzo in case it charges.

stats

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 4/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 5 DMG | 1 Bleed | 2 Accu | Hate: 0

Boar 30/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

Atzo was holding back, it was very clear of that. Though he hit it just hard enough to knock it back, sacrificing its attack to stop itself from tumbling. Atzo looked to Shepard “Alright, you should be able to get at least one good hit in, I am going to hold back on my powerful attacks unless we get ourselves in a pinch. Sound good to you?” He was sure that his next attack would hit, he had this feeling of increased mobility. It was weird how the game was so good at incorporating abilities into code. It had a way of making you feel as though you had power even when you shouldn’t. It was amazing. “So, Shepard, Tell me a bit about yourself.” He said with a cheerful grin “Unless you want me to start, which I have no problem doing.” It was always good to know who you were fighting with, though Atzo would *stretch* the truth a little.

ID# 78546

Spoiler

Battle 4+2=6 (Hit) [DMG=5]

Mob 2-1=1 (Fail) [+1 Savvy Next Round]

Stats

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 4/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 5 DMG | 1 Bleed | 2 Accu | Hate: 1 [+1 Savvy]

Boar 25/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

@Lawrence

Edited by Atzo

'he is holding back' Shepard was surprised to hear Atzo say that seeing how much health the boar lost.'he didn't even use a sword art'  charging forward holding his sword resting above his shoulder ready to strike. When he swung however it came down to slow and the boar jumped back before the attack connected. Back stepping to a safe distance Shepard cursed himself 'how did I miss' hearing Atzo's question caught him off gaurd a little he wanted to know something about him. "well I'm not used to wielding a sword yet if it's not obvious enough"

ID#78617

Spoiler

BD 5

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 2/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 5 DMG | 1 Bleed | 2 Accu | Hate: 1 [+1 Savvy]

Boar 25/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

Edited by Lawrence

Sheppard had missed, it was probably better that way though. It gave Atzo the ability to step back soon and let Sheppard take over. Noticing that Sheppard missed and hearing the comment that he made Atzo responded promptly “Don’t worry about that, bud. I was minorly trained to use a sword in the real world but the way we use swords in this game are greatly different than anything that the real world. But I meant, tell me something about yourself that can help me determine your personality. It is always good to know who you are working with, and who you are traveling with. It gives you a better understanding as to why they act the way that they do and lets you know if you should trust them or not.” He smiled before attacking once again, he hit the boar dead on. Apparently the boar was unsure of whether to fight or flee, and didn't move.

ID# 78642

Spoiler

Battle 3+2{Acc}+1{Savvy}=6 (Hit) [DMG=5]

Mob 1 (Crit Fail) [+1 Savvy Next Round]

Stats

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 2/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 5 DMG | 1 Bleed | 2 Accu | Hate: 2 [+1 Savvy]

_______________________________________________________________________________

Boar 25/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

@Lawrence

Edited by Atzo

While Shepard was charging the boar the wind picked up again throwing his hair into his face causing him to strike the ground in front of the boar "curse this hair." Using his forward momentum to side step away from the boar coming up next to Atzo. "I'm not one of those people who go about telling everyone their life story but..." Taking a deep breath he continued. "The truth is I've never been comfortable talking to people not here or in reality I guess that's why I solo a lot." Giving a fake smile so Atzo wouldn't sense anything was wrong Shepard raised his sword in front of himself. "But if you truly want to know what makes me tick what keeps me alive then I'll let you in on my secret." Stopping only to breath and think of what he would say next Shepard sighed a little letting his smile fade. Looking deep into his cage he pulled out his words and continued. "What keeps me from giving up and dying is guilt, I feel guilty for traping my best friend in here with me, all she wanted to do was wait until morning but I talked her into going in early I'm the reason we're stuck in this death game I need to see her again and tell her that I'm sorry for what I've done to her."

ID#78726

Spoiler

BD-1

Stats

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 0/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 5 DMG | 1 Bleed | 2 Accu | Hate: 2 [+1 Savvy]

Boar 25/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

Edited by Lawrence

Atzo’s expression immediately changed to somber. “So, I am not the only one then.” Is voice changed to a depressed and angry tone. “I know that guilt, I know it well. I trapped my friend here, we were in a car crash, he had a terrible concussion. I was lucky. I convinced the doctors to let him go into a full dive to help him regain his mental functions before he tried to move in the real world. Then we found that we were stuck here. He doesn’t know it was my fault. I know that I can't tell him. And with his lack of memory as it is, I know he wouldn't understand if i did” Misguidance seemed to have something swirling in it, As if it were playing a memory, only this time others could see it. Atzo wasn’t looking at the sword, his grip on it tightening. He swiftly plunged the blade into the Boar. and walked back to Shepard. “Maybe we have more in common than I expected.” 

@Lawrence

ID# 79069

Spoiler

Battle 6+2+1=9 (Hit) [Dmg=5]

Mob 2-1=1 (Miss) [+1 Savvy]

Stats

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 2/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 5 DMG | 1 Bleed | 2 Accu | Hate: 2 [+1 Savvy]

Boar 20/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

Edited by Atzo

Hearing that Atzo could relate to him was a bit of a surprise to Shepard enough of one to make him lose concentration on his target and swipe his sword right over the boars head. As he listened to Atzo's past while walking back he said "I'm sorry if brought up bad memories looks like we have similar burdens..." but before he could even finish his sentence when something caught his eye's "there is movement in the woods" a small black figure moved out from a bush in the woods 'it seemed to be stretching out its WINGS!!!' "is that a dragon" it looked as if it had just hatched from its egg it was about the size of a wolf its black leathery wings were torn at there backs and its brown mane was blown to the side from the wind. It's eyes were a deep blue similar to that of his own but its eyes didn't seem to interested on the fact that there were two players not twenty feet from it. "forget a dog looks like I'm getting a dragon."

Spoiler

Image result for Black Fire Dragon

Spoiler

BD-5

Stats

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 1/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Boar 20/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

((OOC- I think I did good on this one))

Edited by Lawrence
  • 2 weeks later...

Atzo watched as Shepard fed and befriended a dragon. “Nice work mate, I am going to finish off this monster. Then we can head back to town and you can get to know your new familiar.” As he turned back to the boar it hit him full force “Oh [censored] No” Atzo yelled as his health bar dropped. He didn't even care at that point, he Activated Cyclone hitting the boar 4 times and watching as its health bar dropped to zero and it shattered into pieces. “That's more like it, damn boar” He turned back to Shepard “I will probably go and get a Familiar another day, I am curious to see how yours is in terms of personality. Some of them can be pretty honery so be careful. I am sure you two will get along though.” He started walking back towards the town. “Come on, let's head back” He was pleased that the man had found something. Atzo rathered that Shepard had grabbed it, it may have been startling if Shepard had see what Atzo would get. 

@Lawrence

ID# 80124

Spoiler

Battle: 5+2+1=8 (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20]

Mob 10 (Critical Hit) [DMG=6+2=8 to Atzo]

Stats

Spoiler

Shepard  40/40 HP | 2/4 Energy | 2 DMG | Hate: 0

Atzo 152/160 HP | 12/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 5 DMG | 1 Bleed | 2 Accu | Hate: 2 [+1 Savvy]

Boar 0/30 HP | 6 DMG (NLE)

Edited by Atzo

Shepard moved in closer holding out the meat that Atzo gave him in town to the dragon. It seemed to take notice of him as soon as he approached Shepard could see clearly that the dragon was deciding whether or not to run. Crouching down he held the meat out to it as it slowly moved forward at a steady pace. As soon as it got close enough the dragon reached out with lighting speed grabbing the slab of meat and scarfing it down without a second thought. At this Shepard saw an opening sitting down beside it he started stroking it's mane 'magnificent I never thought I'd be this close to a dragon let alone see one' his thoughts were interrupted by the swearing of Atzo as he took damage from the boar 'how did I forget we were fighting' Shepard got up quickly to help when Atzo out of nowhere activated an art striking the boar down. "Man I don't want to get on your bad side." As the boar exploded into pixels Atzo started back to town "are you sure you don't want to get yours now" he followed Atzo back to town only turning back to see that the dragon was following him taking little effort in keeping up. 'it almost looks like a shadow' as it kept to his shadow while they walked "I think I'll name you shadow you like that." Shadow blew smoke from his nostrils in agreement as he walked. Remembering that he had left Atzo to deal with the boar he apologized "Sorry for leaving you to deal with that boar Atzo."

“I am sure, and you are fine.” He gave a lighthearted smile to Shepard “I have no problem fighting for a friend, That said, I have a question for you” he looked around as he thought about how to word it. “I am the leader of a guild, The Emerald Harbingers. I would love for you to join us. We always want to push people through the ranks of this site and the partnership will possibly allow you to find your friend.” He looked back to the path. He had been getting mixed responses from those he asked about joining the guild. It was understandable for people to be distrusting of others. There was nothing in this game to prevent one guild member from slaying another, though at the same time it was certain that if they didn't work together they would never get far. Very few players made it to the front lines as solo players, and this would keep them from trying and potentially dying.

@Lawrence

"A friend" Shepard mumbled under his breath. The next words that came out of Atzo he never could've predicted. Shepard stopped walking "Give me a moment to think" going deep into thought Shepard zoned out everything but the question 'he wants me to join his guild he says it could help me find Juni but...' snapping out of his concentration he looked back at Atzo with no emotion in his face the facade he usually put up when he was serious about something. "Thank you for the offer but I'll have to decline" he only stopped long enough for Atzo to register his answer then he continued "it's nothing to do with you it's just that I don't have the time to devote myself to a guild at the moment, however I do have a proposal if you ever need help with something just PM me and I will help in any way I can in exchange I'd like any information you find about Juni given to me." Walking over to Atzo he extended his hand "is it a deal?" At the end he let a sly smile out.