[PP:F1] <RGQ> Over run with Boars w/Atzo [Complete]

Mestophales twirled her basic spear round and around before it sat in her hands and held out. The tip of the iron spear pointed at the injured boar. Its intense red glare on her as it snorted heavily and kicked dust in the air as it began to wind up and ready a blow towards her. Her cat eyes narrowed and she fell into a striking pose. When the creature made a run for her, the woman began her own assault as well. Swinging her two handed spear around, she pivoted on her right foot and spun ninty-degree around sweeping her spear around like a baseball bat. The connection between the boar's skull and the shaft of the wooden spear connected punting the little piggy into the air before it exploded into confetti. "Yay! Yay! Yay! Did you see that? Wasn't I amazing?? Flawless victory!!" She said pumping her arms up and down as if she were given a standing ovation for her performance. The woman ruffled the thin hairs around her shoulder and leaned on her spear looking at @Atzo

"Four more to go. I can already smell the experience." 

Miss_Mephistopheles 20/20 

HP | 0/2 Energy | 4 DMG | Hate: 4

Atzo 113/120 HP | 8/12 Energy | 5 DMG | Hate: 

Boar 0/15 DMG | 6 DMG (NLE) 

ID: 78648
BD:  9 [+1 Dmg]
MD: 5
Slain: 2/6

Edited by Miss_Mestophales
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atzo watched the cat girl expertly destroy the boar. “Yes, you did amazing indeed!” he said with a playful smile. Before looking around she was right, they still had to kill four more of these things. That might turn out to be more or less of a challenge than they expected, though based on Miss Mestophales’ health, she was more than likely good for another go. “So shall we attempt to take on two at a time then?” Atzo asked curiously “If we keep this up and use area of effect attacks we should be able to give them a quick destruction.” he was ready to finish this off, for no reason than to get out of the woods. They had become dull to him recently, and in the light of the cat girl, they might just stay that way. Still he picked his Jian up and waited for her to lead the way. This was her quest after all, he was just tagging along.

@Miss_Mestophales

"Mmm, we could do that. But I don't have any special defenses on me to make certain I don't die. One of these boars hits hard enough to take a quarter of health per hit. How about we each find a boar to fight ourselves. If I kill my boar first, I'll come and help you deal with yours and vice versa. This way we can pick up the pace a bit. As much fun as it is killing boars, its not very fun when you can die at a moment's notice. I am still squishy and not of the good variety I might add." The woman flicked her spear and aimed it at the head of the next boar, "This one is mine." She said as if to call dibs. When their eyes locked, the boar went into rampage mode right at her. "[censored]..." the woman cursed, and attempted to evade the strike. The boar tore through her right leg sending scattered damage across her once beautiful tiger paint. There was a long red streak across her leg where the tusk made impact with her shin. She hissed at the mob, "Alright, so karma seems to be an unkind mistress right now." @Atzo

Mestophales
HP: 14/20
EN: 0/2
SA:- 

Boar: 15/15
Dmg: 6

ID: 78656
BD: 4
MD: 6

Atzo nodded “That would work” He said as she darted off. He followed suit, grabbing a boar’s attention and bringing it close enough that he could jump into the cat girls fight but far enough away that the boars didn’t team on them. “So you are mine then eh?” He said to the boar “How easy will you let this be?” He immediately used Straight and slashed the boar up and down. He watched the boar’s health drop into the red. “Aww, i was hoping you would put up more of a fight” He said playfully. He felt so ‘in control’ right now. It was amazing to finally be able to carry someone else through this. Shield had helped him in the past and this was how Shield wanted Atzo to pay it back, by paying it forward. It was amazing just how well he could do that, and if it wasn’t for Shield he wouldn’t be close to this far.

ID# 78657 

Spoiler

Battle 8 (Hit) [DMG=5*2=10]

Mob 3 (Miss)

Sword Art Used: Straight

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 113/120 HP | 6/12 Energy | 5 DMG 

Boar 5/15 HP | 6 DMG

@Miss_Mestophales

Edited by Atzo

The dark red line on her leg had disappeared, but it had smudged a great deal of the cat makeup that warranted her tiger stripe skin. She gave the boar a glowering look, the expression evident on her still perfect cat face. Though the intense sun was started to rain down heavily upon her. She could feel the wetness upon her brow, and the sweat accumulating over different parts of her body making this a little more uncomfortable. Sweeping the spear left and right and then holstering it once more as she looked at her boar. Over her shoulder the battle raged on between Atzo and his mob though he seemed to be faring quite a bit more than she was. 

The boar reared it tusked head once again, the stampede of its short stumpy legs coming full circle towards her. Getting into a defensive stance, the woman shifted her spear and the two crossed paths and each one evaded the other by a narrow margin. Swinging the spear around, she locked eyes with it once again, "Alright. It was an even draw that time...." @Atzo 

Mestophales

ID: 78659
BD: 3
MD: 3

Atzo would have felt sorry for the boar if not for one thing. It was a computer generation that would respawn in about five minutes. He didn't really have to try for this last attack, he knew that all he had to do was hit, and that was what he intended to do. Apparently so did the boar It rushed him but Atzo’s attack hit first. As soon as the Jian plunged into the boar it shattered into crystal shards that polluted the air for a short time. “Well, I am glad thats over” he said to himself before turning to walk over and watch the cat girl. He struck his normal pose with his sword in the ground and him leaning against it. It was interesting to watch her fight, everything seemed like a game to here, there were no consequences, no reason to fear. It was blissful and something Atzo wished he knew how to properly experience.

ID# 78829 

Spoiler

Battle 9 (crit Success) [DMG=1+5=6]

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 113/120 HP | 6/12 Energy | 5 DMG 

Boar 0/15 HP | 6 DMG DEAD 

Slain 3/6

@Miss_Mestophales

Edited by Atzo

Mestophales had planted her spear in the ground and twisted her body around as if she were a pole dancer, kicking her feet into the air and then lifting the spear and planting it into the skull of the boar as it came down to strike her. She had shattered pieces of the boars face and broke a tusk which only made it more angry. The woman laughed as the creature charged for her leg and planted its other tusk across her knee and shin causing her to tumble and taking an excessive amount of damage. With a hand on her head, and looking back at Atzo who appeared to have vanquished his foe, the woman waved, "Get a little help here? I need to use one of those potions and recover my health. Unless you wanna see a neat trick where I fade away from existance." she said using her fingers as if they were floating like a ghost. The woman turned to this boar and shook her head, "Imma get you next time, your gonna be one crispy bacon." @Atzo

Mestophales [H:1]
HP: 7/20

Boar: 10/15

ID: 78830
BD: 6
MD: 9 [+1 Dmg]

Atzo watched as the combat ensued. It was interesting to see the catgirls style of fighting. She had a strange habit of talking to her enemies as well. It was odd but not in any way unnerving. Though it seemed she was having trouble. Suddenly she said something to him as she jumped back. It took Atzo a second to process the ask for help. Once it did he was too late, his blade ran past the boar “[censored]” he muttered under his breath “My apologies, I was distracted, Down that potion, I will see if I can't take care of this.” He was feeling hesitant, that last attack was way off its mark and he hoped that he could fix that on his next hit. He wanted to make sure Miss Mestophales had the time she needed though he was not sure he could. This was going to be an uphill battle for sure, and because of that Atzo needed to analyze to focus. Too many things ran through his head all at once, and his head began to feel as though it was splitting open.

@Miss_Mestophales

ID# 79070

Spoiler

Battle 2

Stats 

Spoiler

HP: 7/20

Atzo

Hp 113/120 [H: 0]

En 6/12 

Dmg 5

Edited by Atzo

Mestophales had lifted herself off the ground and used one of the potions given to her by Atzo. She had been super happy to have accepted it when she realized she might have gone down to the red level from that boar attack. With her cat eyes on the beastling, the woman down the potion and made a face; didn't taste as good as she thought it would. But the Boar would not sit idly by and watch her do nothing. Taking the opportunity to butt heads with her again, the boar scampered towards her. Stout legs and body came crashing through the tall grass where it leapt at her belly and hit head dead on. The woman spun in circles, her hair flying all over the place and finally came down for a crash landing. No pain in the game, or that could have really hurt. 

The woman got back up and twirled her spear, "Alright Bacon, I am not dead yet...so let's get dangerous. Atzo! Thanks for the help, even though you missed, its still appreciated. Let's see if we can crush this thing!" @Atzo

EN: 1/2

Atzo [H:0]
Hp 113/120
En 6/12 
Dmg 5

ID: 79105
MD: 8
BD: -ignored || HP Potion Use-

Atzo watched as the cat girl drank the potion he gave her. He knew it was a good Idea to lend them to her, the last thing he needed was her blood on his hands. “Well shall certainly try” He said to her and he readied himself to strike. As he attacked his foot caught a root. He fell forward, but caught himself “what is going on with you?” He asked himself more out loud than he intended. And in a scolding manner. “Do you really want to prove your father right? He was not consoling himself as well as he had been. He didn’t know why or how, in fact he didn’t even notice it was happening. He remember his father’s words, telling him he was worthless and never would succeed. He resented his father very much, he didn’t want his father to be right, he would be successful in his way.

@Miss_Mestophales

ID# 79208

Spoiler

Battle 4 

Stats

Spoiler

EN: 1/2

Hp 113/120
En 4/12 
Dmg 5

Edited by Atzo

Mestophales had watched another failed attempt to deplete the boar's HP by her trusty, not so thrusting partner, Atzo. But the woman was miles away from being worried. She still had an extra health potion that he gave her and her luck was just about to turn for the better for both of them, "Oooh, no worries Atzo. I think I can handle the rest of this." The woman spun her spear in circles and charged for the boar. She lifted the spear blade upwards and it had cut through the boar easily enough. The tip of her pointed spear had ushered a strange glow, unfamiliar were these sword arts, but she was apparently able to activate it without much assistance. When the boar shattered, she grinned at Atzo. She clapped her hands a few times and bounced over to him still smiling, "Just two more to go!"

She fell on her butt and placed her spear down on the ground and waited for her health and energy to recharge, "Honestly, these boars are a nuisance. I hope we get some nice experience at the very least from this. Thanks for your help as well, you are a great friend." @Atzo

EN: 2/2
SA:  Heft - 1x2 - (2 Energy) =10 Dmg

Hp 113/120
En 4/12 
Dmg 5

Boar: 0/15

ID: 79221
MD: dead
BD: 7
Slain: 4/6

The boar was dead and the cat girl looked like she wanted to relax. “You are a great friend” she said. He froze. The words echoed in his head. “You are a good friend” He thought “what does that mean? Friend. Friend.” He didn’t know how to put together himself and that word. “What have I don’t differently to make her think that?” He was lost completely. He didn’t know what to think. No one had called him a friend before and meant it. Other than hydra but that didn’t count. Hydra didn’t know who Atzo true lyrics was, if he did Atzo had no doubt that he would have changed his label. Finally coming back to reality, realizing that he had been standing completely still for too long he put on a warm smile, grabbed the back of his head and looked to the cat girl “I am just trying to help is all. I don’t want to see you get killed. I told you I would protect you, I plan to do so to the best of my abilities.”

@Miss_Mestophales

ENR: +1
HPR: +3 

Mestophales looked into Atzo's eyes as his mind seemed to wander off into another realm. Her thickly gaze trying to read his thoughts as he stood there for the moment as if he was in great thought, "Ahh..." she was almost spooked by his attention when he started to speak again. Smiling back at him she have a hearty nod, "Yeah, that's what a friend does. And I shall protect you from roots and tree." she said laughing a bit from his previous actions. Though he had missed a few times, he was able to kill a boar by himself. She had struggled with hers and was almost decimated in the process as well. BUT, she had nine lives...nothing was ever gonna go wrong for the mysterious, not so mysterious Mestophales! 

Taking up her basic spear, the woman leaned on it a bit as she got up on her feet. She swiveled her body at the constant flow of boars spawning to and fro in the field. There was still so many of them and this combat stuff was making her head hurt a bit. But she wouldn't get all down and depressed about it. They only had to kill two more of these things and then that would be that! Twirling her spear with both hands, she did some fancy moves with it while waiting for her energy to recover. Then she had launched her spear into the air, "Check this out..." the woman got on the ground once more and did a handstand. She blew upwards to get the hair from out of her eyes as she 'walked' a bit the the left. Using one hand to balance herself, the woman felt the blunt end of the spear make contact with her feet as she caught it perfectly, "Now...this..." she wobbled a bit balancing herself, "Is some talent..." then a rogue strand of hair caught her nose where it twitched. She sneezed violently collapsing to the ground and the spear falling right in between her legs. 

"Woa...that was dangerous. Not the kind of thrusting I had in mind." @Atzo

The cat girl was showing off that was for sure, still she speaked of him as a friend’s, laughing as if it was something that was known by everyone, indeed it was. Only to everyone except Atzo. He watched as the cat girl had attempted to balance herself on her spear, only to sneeze and land flat on her butt. Atzo walked over to her and offered his hand. “Perhaps you should be more careful, the last thing we need is an accidental suicide. While I can protect you from boars, I will be less effective at protecting you from yourself.” He was deep in thought and his emotions were not as prominent as before. He was unsure of how to accept what she had said, in fact he wasn’t sure that he could ever accept it. “I am not sure what ‘friend’ means. I have never had the ability to know friendship so I can’t say I know what you mean.”

@Miss_Mestophales

Mestophales laughed, taking him by the hand and bounding up with a hop. "I've still got nine lives, so I think I am alright for now." Dusting her butt off with her hands, she reclaimed her spear and examined it. The blade was somewhat dull looking, this was to be expected of simple gear. Her eyes flashed towards the player, questionable look on her face as she examined his tone of voice, "I would say you are pretty natural at it. I mean, first off you gave me some potions so I wouldn't die. You just said you would protect me, another is that you are helping me with a quest. I think all these things are a good start off point for a nice friendship. And you seem to enjoy having fun as well, maybe not as much as I do..." she laughed again, sweeping that praline colored hair out of her face with those long slender fingers of hers. 

She arched her back and popped the joints in her spine and nearly melted when everything felt back in place. Rolling her shoulders, she gave Atzo another look, "Well, you might not have known the ability but it seems you got it down to a science now. More friends makes more fun. Now then, I think just another moment longer and we can go back to hunting some boar and then we can turn this quest in." @Atzo

ENR: +1
HPR: +3 

Her words should have made sense to Atzo, they were step by step and logical and yet, something was halting his process of understanding. He needed to move on from the topic, get it out of his mind. “nine lives, eh?” Atzo said thoughtfully  “as is probably evident by our original encounter, I find myself to be more of a wolf, what is it that makes you associate as a cat so much? If you don’t mind me asking. Everyone has a spirit animal, what drives you to believe that yours is a cat?” anything at this point was better than trying to understand friendship. Even as simple and stupid as this conversa t ion was sure to turn into “God, Atzo. Why are you so stupid? Is there anything that you know that can fix this? Why do you constantly dig yourself a hole?.” He thought to himself. He wanted to run, not just from his mind but physically run. Though he feared that it would seem awkward for him to suggest going on a run. “Once this is over then I will go for a run” He thought “give myself something to enjoy, even for a little while"

@Miss_Mestophales

Edited by Atzo

"Well, I don't believe in spirit animals or anything. But cats are known for their playfulness, and are very independent creatures and that's pretty much how I see myself as. Also, it was actually just a gimmick ya know? My real name is Gem, I am a performer in the circus. I use the tiger stripes and cat like gestures to bring in a crowd to see my shows at the circus. This brings me money and fans! And people love cats. It also works out that I am an excellent gymnast, and acrobatics master. There is only so much I can do to show off these splendors in the game. But that sums up pretty much the 'why' question."

The woman spun her spear like a baton, she was good at drawing attention to herself like she needed to do at the circus and this game had a load of different kinds of people that might be interested in watching her perform some neat tricks time from time. You could say she was an expert for devouring the limelight as it was always on her and she had no mind nor business doing what she needed to get the eyes of others to wander over to her antics or her body. She just loved being near and with people. Loneliness was always something she couldn't deal with on a personal level. Some people enjoyed their alone time, and she did as well. But for too long it made her mad and having someone to be around with, to play or something else, well...that was a bonus in this games. There was always someone to talk to. 

@Atzo

Atzo listened as the Cat Girl recounted her life, and her past. “The circus huh?” He said in a more lighthearted tone “I have never gone to a Circus. I only know about it though books, and descriptions from others.” He looked around as a boar approached them. He drew his Jian and turned to face it, though it hit first, running into him, he dug his heels into the dirt, feeling himself sliding backwards. “Well then, Looks like it is time to attack once again, Let us try to finish this quest.” He looked to Mestophales hoping she was ready. They only had two boars left, hopefully it would go smoother than it had thus far, though he was not going to set his hopes high. “What am I going to do with my life?” He asked himself “What comes next? I haven't a clue. I just hope it goes well.”

ID# 79432

Spoiler

Battle 5 (miss)

Mob 7 (hit) [Dmg=6 To Atzo]

Mestophales [H:0]
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2
Dmg 4

Hp 113/120
En 10/12 
Dmg 5

@Miss_Mestophales

Edited by Atzo

"Oooh! Circuses are fun! Lot's of things to do, people to see, things to see, weird people and things to see as well. Its very extravagant too. The life of circus folk can be very demanding though, especially when you are on tour..." Mestophales' voice had faded off a bit at the end of her sentence, it had brought back memories of her past and the position she had put herself in such a depressing time. Not that the Circus was depressing or being a member of it...there was just a lot of confusion at to what she wanted to do with herself. Shaking her head and getting things squared away with everything, she shifted on her barefeet and lifted her spear. Poor Atzo was trying quite hard in protecting her, and he was doing quite the admirable job. For someone just meeting each other, he was quite defiant on making things right. 

But the woman would not pass up a good chance to flay this beast if she could. Sweeping the spear as the pointy end began to glow a color's hue, the woman bolted forward with some intensity and caused the boar to double back as it was sprung off its feet as the spear collided with the boar. With a grunt and a snort, the boar was back on its feet. Beady red eyes on Mestophales as the hate mechanic enabled her as the threat.  

Sword Art:  Heft - 1x2 - (2 Energy)  = 8 Dmg
Dmg 4

@Atzo [H:0]
Hp 113/120
En 10/12 
Dmg 5

Boar: 7/15

ID: 79950
BD: 8

• 2 weeks later...

Atzo was not fast enough to hit the boar, maybe he was getting tired? He didn't know for sure. His calm mind began to swell with thoughts. He had no idea who he was. He had accepted this a long time ago. He thought back to what the cat woman had said earlier on the subject “Maybe she is right” he thought to himself “Maybe I can be who I want to be here, not tied down by anything or anyone. I don't have to fit a mold made by others. But that begs the question. Who DO I want to be?” he noticed that she traided off, but decided that it was probably best not to poke at the topic any more, it never seemed to turn out well. Atzo’s relaxed personality had shifted he almost seemed anxious, he was losing control again though not to his anger. Instead this was to his thoughts, they swirled and spoke in rapid fire action. “Who will you be? Good? Evil? What makes you think you can get there? What is your strategy, Atzo?”

@Miss_Mestophales

ID# 80582

Spoiler

Battle 5 (Miss)

Stats

Spoiler

Dmg 4

Hp 113/120