[F1 - PP] Shining Past the Darkness (Raina) COMPLETE

Vargas was quite tired after yesterday. He'd looked for the materials he needed for Zackariah which ended up with him traveling as far as Horunka village. After that he was asked to make a potion, without being given proper instructions, and on top of that he was sent on his way to deliver a package without him actually accepting the request. Vargas sighed as he recalled these events that had occurred. Of course, it wasn't all bad since he was able to get rid of some of the annoyance that he'd built up by slaying a boar. Though, he didn't quite remember what happened past attacking the boar about three times and then the boar was suddenly dead, in an area away from where he'd started.

Sitting on his favorite spot on the fountain in the Main Square, Vargas watched as NPCs and players alike made their way to their own destinations. For Vargas, it was a nice day. He'd yet to experience anything all that bad as far as unexpected weather so he made sure to enjoy the scenery when he wasn't running quests or participating in dungeons raids. He still hadn't bought himself a house. He continued to stay at the Bannered Mare here in the Town of Beginnings cause he had no desire to stay on the higher floors currently. Due to that, he didn't really see other players that wanted to go outside the Starting City beyond earning enough Col to pay for their room and board. Most of the players who remained still kept to their basic equipment or with some slight increase to their stats.

Vargas had been able to get some great gear for himself so he had no excuse to actually stay but he chose to. It was easier and cheaper. Eventually he would move up. He just hadn't found a floor he actually liked. For now, though, he'd just focus on saving up his Col and getting stronger.

@Raina

Edited by Vargas

She was not really sure where she was heading, or why, but she felt the need to be near some water in a place where she would not get murdered? She eyed a fountain in front of her and got really excited. She started to sprint towards the fountain and frankly was not paying attention as she tripped over a person tying his boot. She literally plowed into him and the forced caused her body to flip over and land into the fountain with a large SPLASH! "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP!" She screamed as she landed in the fountain spraying droplets of moisture everywhere and on everyone. Her white dress was soaked exposing black lacy undergarments that she seemed completely oblivious to the fact that they showed. She looked around and pouted a little as she said out loud, "Damnit, what did i trip over? How the hell does this keep happening?" She question as she rubbed her back a little and stood up.

Vargas looked behind as he heard someone scream, only to be covered in water. He blew air from his mouth as he tried to get the water out of his mouth and shook his head. The water dropped off the tips of his hair as he opened his eyes and saw a girl in the fountain. "Are you ok?" Vargas asked as he was about to swing his feet over and into the water. Though, it appeared unnecessary as she got herself up, rubbing her back. He quickly looked away, however, as he noticed that her dress was completely soaked and see through. Moving around the fountain while averting his eyes out of respect he opened his menu and removed his Leather Coat. With it in one hand he offered a hand to her for her to get out of the water. "Here, you should probably cover up," Vargas said while showing the leather coat for her to use. It didn't seem like she'd noticed so far but her undergarments were very visible. The best thing about the situation was that she wasn't at least wearing white underneath as well.

Raina looked at the man a little puzzled. She did not seem to understand why he was handing her a coat and telling her to cover up. "Cover up? Why? It is not like I can catch a cold here, right?" She said with a smile before looking down as herself and noticing the see through dress. "Oh goddess!" She bellowed as she grabbed the coat and covered her indecency. "Thank you, I am such a klutz. I did not even see the guy I flipped over, I hope he is okay." She continued as she stepped out of the fountain and sat on the basin. "I am Raina by the way, sorry i got you soaked." She said as she tried her best to dry her hair. She crossed her legs as she waited for her clothes to dry. "Surely, clothes will dry faster in this world right?" She said with a smile.

Vargas looked at this own clothes that were moderately soaked. It wasn't to quite the same degree so it didn't bother him much. "It's no issue. My clothes aren't going to bother me much. As for clothes drying quickly....well, I have no idea," Vargas replied as he watched her sit on the basin and try to dry her long pink hair. Looking behind him, he saw that the guy she'd tripped over was fine and had been standing by, likely to make sure she was ok. Turning back to face Raina he realized he hadn't introduced himself in return. "My names Vargas," he said as he sat next to her on the basin. They sat there for awhile as their clothes dried off. It wasn't very long before his clothes dried but hers were completely soaked and would take some time before they would be completely dry and safe to remove the coat.

She shivered a little in the coat and smiled at the man. "Vargas, that is a nice name. It is a pleasure to meet you." She said as stood up and handed the man his coat back before she started to dance and twirl. "Best way to dry off and get warm! You should try it!" She called out as she danced and laughed. Her moves were graceful, a reflection of her former life in the real world. Her angelic like laugh echoed through the courtyard as people started to gather and watch the beauty as she danced, completely oblivious to the fact you could still see through her dress. She did not have a care in the world as she moved. She was having so much fun she just started to do cartwheels and back flips in the middle of the square. Her body moved like a angel soaring through the sky. 

"Likewise," he responded before Raina stood and handed him back his jacket, to his surprise. She was still very wet, which meant people could still see through her dress in patches. She began dancing in the middle of the square, seeming to enjoy herself if her laughter was anything to discern by. "Best way to dry off and get warm! You should try it!" She moved with simplistic grace as each step she took was made with purpose. Her laugh was light and drew the attention of the crowd. Many were enjoying the dancing, while others were more interested in 'other' things. Vargas began smiling as he watched her dance. It was amazing how oblivious she was to what most girls might have had an issue with. His smile faltered, however, when the image before him changed from Raina dancing to that of another person close to his heart in her place. 

It was only for a moment, but a moment was all it took. He rushed forward with the coat once more as Raina continued to perform her acrobatics. Stopping her in the middle of spinning around once more he threw the coat over her once more, not even paying attention to whether or not her clothes had actually dried by now. "You really should cover up for now," he said while glaring at some of the more slack jawed onlookers, who looked away quickly and casually strolled along. "Your dancing was great though. Everyone loved it." Vargas said with a smile as many of the crowd clapped and cheered. Even a small girl ran up to her with a couple flowers that she must've picked up from the square.

"Do you not have anything else you can wear in place of your dress? Or perhaps an inn that you could go to to dry off near a fire?" Vargas inquired, as he tried to push back the image that he'd just seen.

Raina bent down and accepted the flowers as she smiled. "Why thank you sweetie." She said as she patted the girl's head. She stood up and opened her inventory and selected a basic white leotard from her inventory and equipped it. For a brief second she felt like a magical girl as the dress sparkled off her body only to be replaced by her leotard. She turned her head back to Vargas and smiled at him, "I have other clothes silly, I just really like that dress." She said as she crossed her arms causing her chest to bounce a bit. 

She flipped her hair before she turned back towards Vargas. "Why did you not dance with me?" She said with a slight pout on her face. "Dancing is good for the soul, just good for your morale. This place is a death game, it is a place filled with darkness. Why not embrace the little things?" She said as she winked. 

Vargas lightly blushed as Raina changed into a form fitting white leotard. It intensified further when she smiled at him and crossed her arms, causing her breasts to bounce somewhat. Vargas covered his eyes with a hand as he said, "Well, at least you're dry now." He didn't understand how she didn't seem to care that everything she wore so far showed herself off so much. First the dress, which she did at least make some notice of, but now there was the learned that hugged her body and easily displayed her curves.

When he was asked why he didn't dance he moved his hand and attempted to look at her, "You just seemed to be having so much fun dancing that I just ended up watching you enjoy yourself." He looked at the ground as he shifted his feet a bit as he muttered under his breath, "it's not that I don't enjoy them. I just don't care to remember."

Taking a breath and looking at Raina without issue he removed the coat as he said, "Since you're dry now I guess I should probably leave. I'm sure you had somethings to get done. While you were in town."

Raina looked at Vargas with confusion. "Why are you covering your eyes? Is something wrong?" She asked as she tilted her head, causing her hair to fall a little in front of her face. Raina looked down at her body and still could not understand what was going on and why Vargas was being so weird. The leotard fit her nice and yet did not see a reason for him to cover his eyes. "We have to have a little fun sometimes right? Surely you can understand this, this place is so dark with all the death and fear. The fear is almost worse than the death. There is a whole community of players afraid to leave the first town, I was for the longest time." She said with a sigh.

The man tried to leave and she got a little sad. "Wait! Do.. do you want to go fight some monsters with me? I am not very strong and would love the help." She said as her eyes sparkled.

Vargas looked at Raina as she asked if he wanted to fight some monsters with her. "Are you sure you want to?" Vargas asked but knew instantly that she did. Her eyes staring at him earnestly made him lose desire to talk her out of it. "Fine. Come on. I'll help you out if you look to be having trouble. Try not to draw to much aggro from multiple mobs." Vargas said as he lead the way. He didn't want to be the reason that she got into too much trouble.

He equipped his breastplate as they walked so he would be able to take any amount of damage. His armour basically negated all the damage he'd take so he wasn't all that worried about himself. As they exited the city gates Vargas drew his blade so as to attack the first mob he saw. Turning to her he opened his menu and sent a party request. Once she'd accepted the request Vargas said, "Let's see how well you know how to fight to start before we do anything else." He looked around for any boars that might be in the area. They were the most basic mobs of the game so they made for good training fodder.

Spotting a group of three boars he walked in their direction with Raina. "If you feel overwhelmed by the boars just pull back and let me deal with them ok?" he asked as he readied his most basic sword art. Walking forward, the boars looked at him as he entered their aggro range. His pace began to pick up as he started moving quickly towards the closest boar. Before he could move in any direction he slashed through it causing the boar to disintegrate into a multitude of crystals. "Ok Raina, your turn. I'll try to keep this one focused on me while you attack that one," Vargas said as the boars split up and came after them individually.

ID #78539
BD: 10 (8 + 2)
DMG: 5

Boar A: Dead
Boar B: 5/5
Boar C: 5/5

Vargas 320/320 - <32/32> [-1/+1]
Raina 20/20 - <2/2>

Edited by Vargas

Raina breathed as she tried her best to attack the boar, but she was so nervous she dropped her rapier. It clattered to the ground and she reached down to pick it up. She looked at Vargas and stuttered out. "I... I am sorry! I.. have not be able to hit an enemy yet." she said with a sad look on her face. She took a step back from the monster in case she needed to dodge. Tears swelled in her eyes as she felt the self doubt just take over. She charged at the boar and watched as it dodged out of the way. She knew she had to do something or she was gonna hit the ground so she landed into a roll positioning herself back on her feet in case she needed to move quickly.  Her hair flipped behind her as she rose from the roll and smiled. "I may not be able to hit you, but damnit I will dodge your attacks as well!" She called out towards the monsters.   

ID # 78735
BD: 1 (Epic Miss!)
DMG: 0

Boar B: 5/5

Vargas 320/320 - <32/32>
Raina 20/20 - <2/2>

Edited by Raina

Vargas easily slashed through his boar, causing it to shatter and disperse quickly. They weren't difficult for him to beat in anyway.  He had much better gear compared to what these low level mobs could do. Turning to look at Raina he saw that she'd dropped her rapier. "I... I am sorry! I.. have not be able to hit an enemy yet." she said with a sad look. "Don't worry. I'm right here if anything goes wrong," he replied, trying to bring up her mood. When he saw the tears he felt bad. Was she really not wanting to fight? If that were so, then why did she ask to come out here with him? 

With these questions on his min he watched as she charged the boar and missed as it moved out of the way of her attack. She was able to roll out of the fall easily. However, from the looks of it, she lost track of the mob as she decided to make a claim of dodging it only to be rammed into by the boar. Vargas rushed forward to her side to make sure she was ok. Her health had gone down a little but was already recovering, likely from a piece of her armour. The only thing she had that wasn't standard was the shield so it was likely that.

"You ok?" Vargas asked as he tried to help her up. "You're doing ok. You just need to keep your eyes on the boar and focus on your next move."

ID #78742
BD: 8 (6 + 2)
DMG 5
BD: 9/7 (Hit Raina and Vargas)
DMG 6 - Raina
DMG 1 (6-18=1) - Vargas

Boar B: Dead

Vargas 319/320 - <32/32> [+1/-1]
Raina 20/20 - <1/2> +6 Regen

Edited by Vargas

She listened to Vargas and regained some composure. "Okay, I.. I will try again!" She flipped her hair before charging back at the last remaining boar. She swung her sword as she charged her sword art and called out, "Linear!" She called out as her speed increased and she almost flew at the boar. Again the boar dodged quickly and Raina's face pouted a little. "This is some garbage." She called out. "I need to do better, I cannot keep missing." She said quietly. 

She looked at Vargas and said, "Please, do not hold it against me, I am trying so hard." She sighed as she sheathed her blade again in case she needed to dodge again. She then performed a graceful back flip and landed a little farther back from the boar. "I will get them next time, I promise!" she said with a big smile. She sighed as she readied herself for the boar's attack.  

Well, she least she doesn't appear to be giving up, Vargas thought as he watched her charge back into the fight. She flew at the boar quickly with ease, only for her attack to miss. After getting mad at the boar she looked at him.  "Please, do not hold it against me, I am trying so hard." Vargas looked at her and gave a smile, "Don't worry. I said I'd help you if you needed it. Until then it's all yours." He took a seat on the ground and leaned back as he watched the fight. 

She sheathed her rapier before performing a back flip, providing further distance between herself and the boar. Her lithe form made the effort quite easily, though, why she did it he had no idea. The boar quickly charged her nonetheless at full speed with the intent of hitting her. The boar was none to smart about it's attack though and completely missed Raina, who didn't even need to move out of the way of the attack.

ID #78775
MD: 1

Vargas 320/320 - <32/32>
Raina 20/20 - <1/2>

Edited by Vargas
  • 2 weeks later...

She drew the rapier from it's and swiped at the boar barely missing. She flipped her hair from her face and sighed. "This thing needs to die already, Jesus Christ." She said as jumped back a bit dodging the boar's tusk. She sighed as she looked sadly at the other player, she clearly wanted to kill this monster already. "Someone needs to tell Bacon over here, that it is better fried and dead." She said sarcastically as she pointed towards the boar. "Sorry you have to wait here for me, apparently this might take a while." she said as she sighed before turning her focus back on the boar. A breeze blew her hair in the wind, dancing with the rose tinted strands, sparkling with the light. 

She really wished she was a better swords woman. Apparently it was going to take a while. She could feel her heart in her chest as the adrenaline in her system ran throughout her body.  

Vargas watched patiently as Raina kept working at her sword fighting capabilities. She was getting better with her reaction time but it wasn't quite enough. "I'd love to tell him that but I don't think he'd care for the memo," Vargas said with a grin. He waved her apologies off as it was unnecessary. He was standing by to help if she asked. Otherwise, he was gonna sit there quietly and watch. As he observed the fight he felt the breeze pick up for a short period. Raina's hair picked up and waved through the air in strands, shining in the air. His eyes shifted quickly as he noticed the boar making its move to attack. He instantly felt the inclination to warn but decided against it. She needed to learn to hold her own. Sadly, she wasn't quick enough to dodge the attack as the boar rammed its tusks straight into her. Her shield's ability activated though and recovered almost all her health back. "You good?" Vargas asked as he remained seated but ready to jump up at any moment.

ID #79380
MD: 10 (No Evasion before this thread)
DMG: 5+2=7

Vargas 320/320 - <32/32>
Raina 19/20 - <1/2> +6 Regen

Edited by Vargas

She winced as she felt the tusk hit her but instantly felt better as her shield's regeneration ability activated. She flipped her hair and gripped her blade tightly. She unleashed a quick slash that was easily dodged by the boar. "Damn you Pig of Doom!" She called out sarcastically as she prepared to fight back. "I am okay. I do not think this pig can hurt me more than I can heal so i should be fine right?" She asked with a wink and a smile. She looked down at the her shield, the Order of the Rose. The trim sparkled in the light as she smiled, remembering the luck she had when she was given this shield. The pig charged at her trying to hit her again but she was ready for it. She leaped over the pig and twirled as she was in the air. The sun sparkled against her radiant skin and shimmered across her rose tinted hair. She landed with a graceful thud on the heels of her boots. "Guess gymnastics really will save my life, thanks Mom." She said with a giggle.    

ID #79963
BD: 1

Vargas 320/320 - <32/32>
Raina 19/20 - <1/2> 

Vargas watched as Raina continued to try to fight the boar. Things weren't progressing very fast at all. Perhaps it was time to jump in. Lifting himself off the ground, Vargas unsheathed his blade and brought it level to his waist. "Sorry to cut in but perhaps it might be best to come at this another time," Vargas said as he walked forward. The boar looked back and forth between Raina and him before focusing its attention on him. Vargas seemed like a greater threat to it and was therefore the one it needed to keep its eyes on. The boar dug a hoof into the ground before charging forward. Vargas simply waited before stepping to the side and cutting straight through the boar. It slowly came to a stop several paces behind him before it exploded into a multitude of pixels. Sheathing his blade, Vargas turned to Raina. "Sorry about that. I figured it might be best to end the fight sooner rather than later. Perhaps we should look at getting you some equipment and then we can comeback and work on this again."

ID #80025
BD: 6 (4 + 2)
DMG: 5

Boar C: Dead

Vargas 320/320 - <32/32>
Raina 19/20 - <1/2> 

Edited by Vargas