[F3-PP] Elf Heads <<Treant Rivalries>> (Shield, Atzo) [complete]

Spoiler

Name of Thread: <<Treant Rivalries>>
This Quest Takes Place on Floor 3
This Quest is NOT repeatable
This Quest can't be taken if <<Elvish Rivalries>> Has been done
wood_elf_by_jerseyrob-d6yvjbq.jpg

Description: On Floor 3, War has broke out between the Elvish people of the land and the Treant people of the Forest. Both sides are equally matched, neither of which has moved and taken enemy territory for some time.The Treants went to war with the Elves when their home had been taken by the Elves, a glorious tree that stood tall and mighty, the roots rising the trees above the ground, and the underneath of it surrounded by glowing mushrooms and fireflies that flew underneath it, day and night. Treants have come for your aid and guidance, asking if you would aid them in taking their homes back. 

Name and Stats:
Name: Elvish Soldier
HP: 65
MIT: 30
Damage Per hit: 15

Name: Elvish Commander
HP: 100
MIT: 55
Damage Per hit: 20

Name: Elvish King
HP: 150
MIT: 75
Damage Per hit: 25

Requirements:
2 or More Pages (21 Posts)
Must Kill 6 Elvish Soldier’s and the Elvish Commander, then finally kill the Elvish King

Rewards:
2 SP
750 Col
Party Leader will be gifted the <<Woodland Armor>>. This item has (3) charges and may not be refilled. This item does stack but may not be sold for Col, as it becomes bound to the player. When used, Woodland Armor gives you (15 x Tier) Mitigation for a single thread. (Where the tier is your highest available tier at the time.)

Atzo had been talking to an Information broker on floor 2 about quest that were rumored to be about. One particularly struck him as interesting. Floor three had a war breaking out. Treants and Elves were going at it and taking no prisoners. The rumor was that you could chose your side and attack one side or another. Thinking about it, Atzo decided to contact Shield, who Atzo hoped was not too busy and proceeded to teleport to floor 3. He walked to the bar, where he had asked Shield to meet him. Atzo wanted a little wine in his system before he went and started the quest. He wondered if Shield would be okay with them choosing the side of the treants. Elves always seemed very pretentious to Atzo, and given his personality if he was hired by them he may just turn around and kill them. Luckily he was planning to join the treants.

@Shield

Edited by Atzo

While getting involved in a war sounded like a messy affair, Shield knew that the third floor would be well within his capabilities to handle. He had replied with gusto, letting Atzo know when he planned to arrive at the tavern. With Norbert strapped tightly to his back, groaning and swiveling his lumpy, dark turtle head in search of freedom from his leather prison, Shield set off through the teleportation plaza to the agreed upon spot.

Although it was not exactly home, it was considerably more hospitable on the third floor than it was on either of the two floor immediately above it. Shield had seen more than enough of both for his liking. He took a fresh breath of air before stepping inside of the tavern. Atzo was always pretty easy to spot. Shield raised his hand to get his attention, walking over to where the other player was.

"Long time, no see, eh?"

Atzo chuckled when Shield said ‘Long time no see’. It had been what? Five days? Atzo was strangely chipper today. Maybe it was the buzzing alcohol or maybe there was something else on his mind. “Something like that” He said to Shield, a smile on his face. “I hope you are alright with taking the side of the Treants on this, I have always hated elves.” he looked at Shield before remembering the Misguidance, his sword. He pulled it out and handed it to Shield. “I don't think you had a chance to properly look at the blade when we got it. I have spent some time studying it, as I do everything, and have found something very interesting” As Shield takes the sword the mirrored blade shimmers slightly. Looking into it Shield begins to see some of his inner demons manifested. Atzo takes a sip of his wine, avoiding eye contact with the blade. He wanted to allow Shield to have his privacy, though he knew that even if he tried to look into it he would just see his own demons once again.

@Shield

Shield waved Atzo's concerns away with his hand. The details of the quest were not a huge concern to him.

"As long as it's NPC's and not actual players we're killing, I'll be just fine with it," he said off handedly.

As the sword was offered to him, he took it, looking into its surface. A number of figures stood in the reflection behind him, all of them incredibly familiar to him after encountering them in the <<Calming the Soul>> quest. There were his daughters, and his wife, not to mention Beat and his own reflection. Each had their own unique and indirect symbolism in his life. They were distant and faded, the same way the doors had appeared in the quest after he had passed through them and defeated the demon within. He handed the sword back, surprised but unfazed.

"Definitely an odd feature," he said. "I hope it's been working out for you. Since this quest is a little closer to your speed, would you like to take point this time?"

Atzo nodded, “Sounds like a plan to me, I have been meaning to contribute some too our encounters.” He watched as Shield gave Misguidance back. “It is odd, but i feel like it suits me. I am The Man of Many Faces, seeing my inner demons help me normalize my fears and try to move past them.” He looked to Shield and smirked in his normal way. “Thank you, by the way, I really do appreciate all you have done to help me. I know that you say I don’t have to repay you but I’m telling you that I will one of these days” There was ambition in Atzo’s eyes and sincerity which was new to him. Normally he was very calm and mellow but today there was a flame underneath him. He got up and motioned for Shield to join him. “Hey, Shield... I have an honest question.”

@Shield

Shield listened carefully to Atzo's sentiments. He was an interesting player for sure. At one point, he had described himself as manipulative, which could still potentially be the case, but for now, if he was being manipulated, he was at least not being inconvenienced.

"I doubt there's much you could contribute for some time," Shield said, dismissing the notion of necessity of repayment. "Like I said before, if you need to repay me, then do so by helping someone in a similar situation. Best thing you could do for me, honestly."

At the mention of a serious question, Shield crossed his arms. Atzo had never been shy about asking questions before, which was fine. Shield did, however, have a few parts of his life that were very private to him, so he reserved his judgment, not going out of his way to guarantee an answer, but listening carefully none the less.

"Alright. Go ahead."

Atzo listened as Shield insisted that instead of helping Shield directly he needs to help new players. He was doing his best and hoped it was enough. Shield accepted Atzo’s offer of a question. “Would… Would you consider us friends, Shield?” He had a hint of sadness in his voice as he spoke but it was mostly masked by his monotone combat voice that he had adopted for some strange reason. “I am just wondering because I have never really had anyone to call a friend before and I was wondering if this is was it was like to have a friend” He looked to shield with curiosity. It was clear that Atzo was honestly unsure of what friends were. Though there was some amount of hope in his look. They continued to walk slowly finally leaving the safezone and turning to the forest where the war was going on.

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 78458 results: Loot: 4 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 9 - No materials (0 total)

Shield furrowed his brow at the question. He had become somewhat of a recluse in recent years, and given the fluid nature of the definitions of such social constructs as a 'friend' versus an 'acquaintance,' those were always odd lines to draw. Still, he felt like he had an answer.

"Well, we don't know each other particularly well, but so far, I enjoy your company," Shield answered thoughtfully. "And for now at least, I'd say that I trust you well enough. So yes, I'd call you a friend, I suppose."

He let out a slight chuckle as a thought occurred to him.

"Now if you asked Beat that, he'd give a much less calculated answer. I'm pretty sure he thinks everyone is his best friend," Shield said with an eye roll, though it was hardly derisive. "So even if I have to process my answer a little, I think Beat wouldn't even stop to question it. Unfortunately, that's also how he handles most combat."

Edited by Shield

Atzo thought about Shields answer. He definitely wasn’t wrong. They had only known each other for a short amount of time. And they barely knew anything about one another. Still, Shields calculated answer was potential proof of just how similar the two were. Atzo nodded when Shield mentioned Beat, “Him, and Dominion both.” He said with a light chuckle “Have you happened to party with Dominion yet? When I did he proved useful but at the same time he seemed to not understand much of the culture he is in… then again neither does solomon and I have helped him in the past…” Atzo trailed off as he words became more personal and thought-like. He looked at the massive forest, there was no doubt a war going on. Not too far in you could see trees knocked over. It was clear that this fight was big, the question was them where the combatants powerful?

ID# 78463

Spoiler

Loot 9+1=10 (No Mat)

@Shield

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 78465 results: Loot: 13 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 18 - +1 Material! (1 total)

As Atzo went on about Dominion, Shield showed no sign of recognition. He nodded along, but as far as was obvious, he showed now indication that he had met the player before. The name Solomon, however, made him turn his head to face Atzo more directly.

"Solomon?" he asked, confirming he had heard correctly. "Tall guy? Doesn't talk much? Not quite all there?"

He pointed at his head, indicating that the thing Solomon was missing was not tangible, but more mental. It was not exactly a common name, so although it could have been a coincidence, it was worth checking on either way.

As they walked, Shield noticed a tree with an open knot hole. He had seen this structure before in forests, and upon inspection he found what he had hoped to find: a comb of wild honey. He harvested the stuff and stored it, returning to the road with Atzo.

Edited by Shield

Atzo looked confused at Shield. “You, know Solomon? I have known him from long before this game” Atzo took a deep breath “Of the people I owe my life in the real world it's Ren and Solomon. Those two were always there for me. They were my family. Ren and I introduced Solomon to the western world when he was adopted by our neighbor. Solomon is the wisest person I know. Then.... Well… Then I made a stupid decision. Two actually. I insisted that he drive with his permit one night. He was hesitant but I forced him to. I have my license so I was the one that was primarily helping him learn how to drive while his father did other things. Then there was the car crash. We were both hospitalized. I was released the next day. I had broken a couple rips and my arm but I was okay. He… He was unconscious, had a major concussion. Ren and I wanted to help him out. Help him get his mind back so that he could be better fit to rejoin the real world. So we got him a nervegear. We brought him into this world of swords. Trapped him here. We didn't know this would happen but it was still our fault… My fault. Even Ren was unsure of this idea.” Atzo looked down “Then I saw just how much of a problem he had, I saw his lack of knowledge and couldn’t do anything. I want to help him regain his memories but I am not sure I can.”

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 78484 results: Loot: 16 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 21 - +1 Material (2 total)

The story was an awful lot to take in, and as Shield listened, he knit his eyebrows, resting his hand on the side of his face where his scar resided, as was his unconscious habit when he was thinking hard. about something or processing a lot of information. As Atzo spoke, he spotted a mushroom along the side of the road. Stopping for a moment to pick it, Shield made sure to keep his eyes attentive on the other player. When Atzo has finished relaying the tale, Shield shook his head out of sheer incredulity.

"That tale is a tall order," he said gravely, his voice low and thoughtful. "Truth be told, if I hadn't met the man and seen his difficulties first hand, I might not believe it. I'm sorry to hear about the whole thing. It sounds like everyone has been through a lot. It is good that he's still alive, though."

He checked the map to find that the treant village was nearby, figuring combat wasn't far off, he swapped out for his combat gear.

Edited by Shield

Atzo shrugged as the two of them reached the Treant settlement. “We can worry about that later. Right now we need to figure out what we need to do.” He said, attempting to change the subject. He hated how much guilt he felt, but then again it was just for him to feel it. The village had clearly been though a lot. It was almost sad to see so many treants beaten and injured. Walking to the Town Hall, they saw the commander. He thanked the two for their willingness to help as Atzo accepted the quest. “Alright, lets kill us some elves” He said to Shield before walking into the forest. It wouldn’t be hard with Shields help, but truth be told Atzo was not completely sure of anything at this point, he had seen bosses go down in a single hit and monsters last hours.

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 78495 results:

Shield:
HP: 640/640, Mit: 111, Regen: 54, Dmg: 3, Bleed: 24 (BD 8+), Thorns: 28
Combat action: Howl

Elvish Soldier 1, 
HP: 37/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 2, HP: 37/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 3, HP: 37/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 4, HP: 37/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
MOB: 6 - Hit! 15 dmg - 111 mit - 54 regen = 0, Thorns - 28 dmg

With the quest accepted, it seemed as if the game was in no mood to trifle. Immediately, there was a rustle in the scrub around the edges of the village. The foliage gave way, a small elvish war party emerging from the leaves. It was as if they had been lying in wait, their figured decked from head to toe in scraps of brown and muted greens to blend in to the forest. They brandished their daggers, surrounding Shield and Atzo. The more experience player stepped forward, filling his lungs.

"You're messing with the wrong party, you pointy-eared scrubs!" he bellowed, stirring the fabric of the elvish ghille suits.

As if in response to his challenge, the elves closed in on the tank, immediately shrinking back as their paltry attacks rebounded on them, each nursing large red welts on their hands.

Edited by Shield

Atzo chuckled at Shields comment, it seemed that Shield was quiet until battle. In which case he lightened up. Atzo looked around watching the group of elves. “Maybe I have the knowledge I need to try out a different Sword art” He thought. Before using an AOE attack for the first time. It was successful and he was pretty happy about that. Jumping back after doing miniscule damage he worried as to if he would really be able to dent their armour. He looked to Shield, he almost seemed at home on the battlefield, granted Atzo may have been speculating but it seemed as though Shield enjoyed the battlefield more than most people. And as long as Shield wasn’t attacking players it seemed that Shield was proud of his skill. Which he should be based on his skills. He wondered how the formation of elves would go about attacking, would there be a real strategy to it.

ID# 78498

Spoiler

Battle 7+3=10 (Hit) [DMG=5*(2*1)=10-30mit= 1DMG]

Sword Art Used: Blast [4 Energy

Stats

Spoiler

Shield HP: 640/640, Mit: 111, Regen: 54, Dmg: 3, Bleed: 24 (BD 8+), Thorns: 28 | Hate: 3

Atzo 160/160 HP | 12/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Lght Momentum | 1 Savvy | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 DMG | Hate: 1

Elvish Soldier 1, HP: 36/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 2, HP: 36/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 3, HP: 36/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 4, HP: 36/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15

@Shield

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 78526 results:

Shield HP: 640/640, Mit: 111, Regen: 54, Dmg: 3, Bleed: 24 (BD 8+), Thorns: 28 | Hate: 3
Battle: 1 - Miss soldier 1

Elvish Soldier 1, HP: 36/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 2, HP: 36/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 3, HP: 36/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 4, HP: 36/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
MOB: 1 - Miss

The soldiers were confused, to say the least. Although the redhead had struck each of them the damage had been minimal, and yet they were nearly at half health because of damage they sustained while attacking the stern looking, dark haired man. They looked at one another, clearly unable to make sense of the situation well enough to decide on a plan from their tactical arsenal.

Fine. You won't come to me, then I'll come to you.

Shield stepped forward, slashing with his axe towards the nearest elf, who staggered back, avoiding the blade. The elves, their decision made for them, launched a counterattack against the tank, but with the effects of the previous attempt to do so still in their minds, they did not commit to their attacks, instead only halfheartedly thrusting with their daggers, not even connecting with Shield, let alone doing any damage.

"Don't worry, Atzo," Shield assured him. "It looks like they're programmed with armor mitigation. They're not going to be easy to damage. Do you have anything that bypasses their mitigation? Thorns? Poison? Bleed?"

Edited by Shield

Atzo watched as the elves and Shield failed to injure each other. It was his shot and he had a fairly good idea of where to hit. As he did the two swings he hit the precise point in the armour of the elves that was week. Shards sprayed out of them momentarily “Yep, And I think i affected them with it.” He said as he observed the high amount of pixels that were sprayed. Funny to think that with just this weapon he could do so much more damage. “The tools may not make the man, but this sword compliments me rather nicely.” he thought as he jumped back. He looked to Shield, and wondered what he would do next. Would Shield use another howl or just attack? It was hard to tell but Atzo didn't want to take any chances. He readied himself to attempt to dodge the onslaught.

ID# 78544

Spoiler

Battle 10 (Crit Success) [DMG=(5+2)*(2*1)=16 DMG + Bleed]

SA Used: Blast

Stats

Spoiler

Shield HP: 640/640, Mit: 111, Regen: 54, Dmg: 3, Bleed: 24 (BD 8+), Thorns: 28 | Hate: 3

Atzo 160/160 HP | 8/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Lght Momentum | 1 Savvy | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 DMG | Hate: 3

Elvish Soldier 1, HP: 35/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed)
Elvish Soldier 2, HP: 35/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed)
Elvish Soldier 3, HP: 35/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed)
Elvish Soldier 4, HP: 35/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed)

@Shield

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 78555 results:

Shield HP: 640/640, Mit: 111, Regen: 54, Dmg: 3, Bleed: 24 (BD 8+), Thorns: 28 | Hate: 6
Combat action: Howl

Atzo 160/160 HP | 8/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Lght Momentum | 1 Savvy | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 DMG | Hate: 3

Elvish Soldier 1, HP: 23/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed)
Elvish Soldier 2, HP: 23/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed)
Elvish Soldier 3, HP: 23/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed)
Elvish Soldier 4, HP: 23/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed)

MOB: 10 - Hit! - 15 + 2 = 17 - 111 Mit - 54 Regen = 0 dmg * 3 = 0

With the spray of pixels that issued from the seams of the elven ghille suits, Shield realized that Atzo was going to be pulling some extra aggro.

Time to do my thing.

He hammered against his shield with the butt of his axe head, taking a deep breath to expel as much air as possible. The force of his howl wrong-footed the elf in front of him, making the NPC stumble,

"Already dying, are you?" he belted out, giving another clash of his shield. "What pathetic weaklings! If my grandmother were still alive, she'd be able to drop you without breaking a sweat!"

The camouflaged, masked faces all swiveled from the aspiring DPS to the nearby tank, clearly effected by his howl, if not his words. One of them gave a shout, and the four of them all ducked low, lunging at Shield and plunging their knife blades into his torso, and, to Shield's dismay, sustaining no damage.

Edited by Shield

On the heels of his last attack Shield did what Atzo expected. Not in a bad way, it was just what Atzo assumed was the next logical step. He attempted to attack again but wound up falling short. Misguidance landed in the ground as the elves jumped away. “One hit for one miss” He thought to himself. “That's not too bad” Pulling the mirrored blade out of the dirt was a bit of a trick but not impossible. With some well placed force he was able to lift the sword straight out. “Alright, it won't take too much more to kill them” he thought “One more good hit from me and a good hit from Shield and we should be golden.” He hoped that this was the case but didn't want to assume. It seemed that Shield had adequately drawn the elves attention so Atzo was in the clear there.

ID# 78556

Spoiler

Battle 1 (Crit Fail) [Light Momentum +1 Next attack]

Stats

Spoiler

Shield HP: 640/640, Mit: 111, Regen: 54, Dmg: 3, Bleed: 24 (BD 8+), Thorns: 28 | Hate: 6

Atzo 160/160 HP | 6/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Lght Momentum | 1 Savvy | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 DMG | Hate: 3

Elvish Soldier 1, HP: 23/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 
Elvish Soldier 2, HP: 23/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 3, HP: 23/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15
Elvish Soldier 4, HP: 23/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 

@Shield

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 78558 results:

Shield HP: 640/640, Mit: 111, Regen: 54, Dmg: 3, Bleed: 24 (BD 8+), Thorns: 28 | Hate: 6
Combat action: Battle: 2

Atzo 160/160 HP | 8/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Lght Momentum | 1 Savvy | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 DMG | Hate: 3

Elvish Soldier 1, HP: -17/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed) [DEAD]
Elvish Soldier 2, HP: -17/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed) [DEAD]
Elvish Soldier 3, HP: -17/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed) [DEAD]
Elvish Soldier 4, HP: -17/65, MIT: 30, Damage Per hit: 15 (Bleed) [DEAD]

MOB: 6 - Hit! - 15 - 111 Mit - 54 Regen = 0 dmg * 3 = 0

As the elves squared up with the tank once again, their health bars were beginning to dip dangerously low. This fact was apparently not lost on them. They looked at each other, their eyes full of apprehension. It was the look of desperate men, and as they conferred silently with one another, they apparently decided to try to end the fight quickly, one way or the other.

They lunged. Shield attempted to cut them off by swiping his axe, but he missed by a wide margin. As they slipped around the attack, four daggers plunged deep into his body, and four bodies exploded into showers of red pixels. The man left standing sighed and turned to Atzo, letting his axe fall to his side.

"Well, that could have gone worse," he said his stance relaxing somewhat now that the combat was behind them. "Good work with that bleed damage. That was no small part of that victory."

Edited by Shield