{PP-F1} Lords of Lies -Atzo and myself- <Secret medicine of the forest>

The player's response was very displeasing indeed.  Not because Domarus felt threatened, most likely he could take this player on easily.  And even if the player did kill others to get the col, Domarus had seen worse.  Even if he hadn't he wouldn't care.  However knowledge and information was something that Domarus subconsciously sought out.  Domarus however didn't press as that would ruin his facade.  Instead he hesitated for half a second before nodding.

"Very well.  I was just curious was all.  To be honest your the first player I've heard of to have gained a mansion.  Hearing something like that will draw curiosity and thus questions.  Don't get angry at people for just being curious."  Domarus listened to the man's next comment.  This player didn't realize that if he chose to fight the player out in the open, then he would be at risk of other players stumbling upon the action.  The better solution if Domarus wanted him dead, would have been to slip paralysis into the player's drinks, or wait till he was at the player's mansion before destroying him.  Either the player was testing him or just couldn't work out this information for himself.  Then however he mentioned how he wanted to talk professional and with business.  When the player mentioned how he wished to make a deal Domarus looked at him curiously behind the helmet.  A deal?  What on earth would this player want with him?  Not only that but he knew nothing about Domarus other than the fact that he was strong.  What could the player possibly want from Domarus?  And what on earth could the player offer him in return?  Domarus shrugged.
     "I suppose your right.  And a visit wouldn't hurt.  Especially since you've got me curious as to what kind of deal you want to make.  Come Keres."  Keres, who was watching this whole discussion, bowed to the two players and Domarus gestured to Atzo.
     "Well then.  Lead the way."

@Atzo

Atzo nodded and began walking back toward the safezone “How much about myself should I reveal?” Atzo thought to himself “It must be an equal exchange and based on how this man has reacted thus far it seems we are very much alike. Unshowing, Unfeeling, observers. Though that makes it hard to trust someone, especially when they can kill you in one blow. Still, Information for a favor, a favor of equal value that can be called upon at a later date. An offer that will fail. No, I need to offer him a trade. Information is my service, though I should get a feel for what he is willing to pay for it.” Atzo said nothing while they walked. Entering the town of beginnings he walked to the teleporter. “Urbus”. He appeared in the Floor two safe zone and stepped back waiting for Domarus to follow suit, “Is this really a good plan? Probably not, I was probably too cocky, though I am in too deep to back down now. I wonder if he will allow trading information of the true self or not, though that is not the main deal we are to discuss” 

@Domarus

Domarus followed Atzo, Keres at his side, and watched the player very carefully.  Atzo was saying nothing whatsoever, even through actions, as they made their way to the teleporter.  Domarus thought hard about this player and what on earth was his goal and deal.  What the player had to gain from Domarus, and what Domarus could benefit from Atzo.  Rhozarth had nothing to go off of and thus was frustrated that he could gain no information off of it.  When Domarus turned to see what his familiar thought, the fact that he couldn't get anything showed how difficult this player was going to be.  Was this really going to be worth it?  Power, strength and control.  Right now Domarus had strength, and he had some power, but as far as this player went he had no control.  Which of course made him want that control that much more.  Domarus didn't use control like most idiots.  He learned that true control was obtained by gathering information on the people.  Their virtues and vices, their history, their personality, the way they think.  The more you know about them, the more you can predict, and thus the more you can manipulate.  Domarus had swayed so many over to his side, and many still remained innocent.  This however, was the first time he had run into anyone who was proving difficult to read.  Atzo warped them to the second floor and began to move again.  There were many different ways to control people but knowing your target was the first real step.  Domarus knew this better than anyone.  Keres however was another story.  He never imagined, nor intended, to gain an actual servant.  However when she begged him to take her, and not only that, but unleash all his cruelty on her, begging consistently.  He finally gave in.  Porvós spotted another material and slithered over to it, grabbed it with his mouth, and gave it to Domarus who inserted it into his inventory.

ID#  81121  LD:  15

@Atzo

Edited by Domarus

Atzo still said nothing on the three hour walk to the mansion. As the group left the safe zone and begin the walk Atzo saw a small plant. It appeared to be Devil's Trumpet, but he picked it regardless. There was no clear path and most people have trouble finding the mansion even with the map for the first time. But Atzo had made this journey with his eyes closed before just to prove he could do it. This was going to be a piece of cake though Atzo was a little annoyed with how slow he had to walk. He normally ran this to save time but didn't want to force the man in a full suit of heavy armour to try to keep up with him. Fifteen miles an hour was hard for the average person, he could only assume that it would be worse for someone wearing such. Still there was an urge to do it, and he would have if he didn't need to stay on okay terms with Domarus to even consider a deal.

ID# 81193

Spoiler

Loot 14+1=15 (+1 T1 Mat)

@Domarus

Edited by Atzo

As the passed the gates of Urbus, it was clear that Atzo intended to remain utterly silent the entire walk.  He of course didn't mind this.  He began to go through multiple scenarios, some more likely and others not likely.  Some were absurd but he preferred to be prepared for anything.  Domarus turned to look at Keres and noted that she seemed.....  Disgusted.  He recalled that the last time she had been to a mansion was her parent's house where they babied her all the time.  She hated her parents for this and more.  Thus a mansion most likely was the last thing she would want to see, let alone visit.  However she also would do anything for Domarus, and she also knew that Domarus planned to get a mansion of his own one day.  Of course Domarus' mansion would be far far different than her parent's.  For one she'd be serving him and not her parent's serving her.  Secondly not all of the mansion would be welcoming.  Domarus intended to add more to his place.  An area for concealed meetings, a place to...  Persuade certain players to give up information.  It was a long way before that happened though.  Even if he received enough col to purchase a manor now he couldn't.  Not until he and his organization's reputation grew.  Porvós slithered as it followed it's masters who seemed to be following the new guy.  The familiar flicked it's tongue out before scanning for another material that could be used.  It's eyes fell on a rather large pearl.  It grabbed this one with it's jaws as well and caught up with Domarus who absentmindedly took the material.

ID#  81199  LD:  15  +1 MAT

@Atzo

Edited by Domarus
  • 3 months later...

They approached the large wooden mansion. Atzo looked around briefly to make sure they weren’t being followed and then proceeded to open the large double doors. He waved Domarus inside. “Welcome to The Emerald Mansion. Follow me to my study” He proceeded to walk to the large study, the bookshelf walls were full, there were two books on the desk. Lord of the Flies and a journal. The desk faced the windowed wall that overlooked the cliffside. Atzo sat down in the couch and motioned for Domarus to take a seat as well. “I wish to discuss some… business dealings with you. I am going to go out on a limb and say that you are a man that like to know things. You clearly show yourself to be quite powerful physically, and while I would love to test your mental prowess I doubt we have enough time to do this. I wish to set up a partnership between my guild and you. I can see that you have your wits about you and would be a valued adversary to me. However, such partnerships go both ways. If you are willing to consider such an agreement, then let us talk it out.” Atzo showed no expression or emotion. His face seemed almost like a blank canvas. “I hate going out on a limb like this” he thought to himself “But, I need to trust my instincts here.”

@Domarus

Domarus saw the mansion at last and it was indeed a mansion.  One of these days Domarus would get his own but that was far off.  The name of the mansion was a bit odd in itself but of course had it's own meaning behind the name that most likely only Atzo himself knew about.  Once again he questioned himself how this player was able to accumulate so much col at his level.  Perhaps it was his profession but he very much doubted it.  In the end he subsided from that thought again.  Domarus seemed to be ignoring Keres, which he was beginning to understand that this would be expected from this man.  He wished to talk to the master, not the servant.  No middle ground.  He led the two of them to his study and it appeared he held a decent collection of books.  Domarus spotted two books on the table:  The Lord of the Flies, and what appeared to be a journal.  Just seeing those two he could make a guess as to this player's character, or rather a part of his personality.  It was rather annoying to see that he would just leave his journal out in the open like that, making it easy for an intruder to take a look.  Or perhaps it was a test.  After all it might not be a journal after all.  The host gestured for Domarus to sit and he did, peering through the pulsing red visor of his black helmet while Keres stood by his side, her hands folded over each other in front.  
     Atzo's first words were the summary of why Domarus was here.  Business.  What possible business could this player be willing to discuss with Domarus?  He began to share his guesses, how Domarus was a man who wished to stay informed, how he was clearly physically strong, and how he'd like to test his mental abilities though he believed he didn't have time for that.  All three of these were accurate.  It wasn't boasting just acknowledging.  However with the first option, Domarus already had an informant.  So why on earth would he listen to-  That was when Atzo stated that he had a guild.  Domarus thought about it.  His organization would rise soon enough, and once it did he'd have far more informants that he would need.  Atzo's proposal was temporary, and Domarus was looking towards the long run.  He could easily ask for more as he held the higher ground...  However.....
     All of this depended on whether or not he could trust this player with the truth.  He refused to give way this easily.  He shifted in his seat once Atzo finished.

"I like to be informed of what's going on, yes.  I like to assist players where needed and if there are killings happening, or going to happen, I hope to one day prevent them.  As of right now I'm no match for most killers out there.  However I already have a friend who's keeping an ear out for me.  I do have two questions however.  The first being what could you possibly have need of my skills?  And the second being, why me?  Why are you coming to a complete stranger about something like this?"

@Atzo

Atzo watched as the visor glowed, Atzo, himself, bolstering his own emotional barrier. There was much that he was curious about, though he needed to conserve his energy and choose his words wisely. It would take some careful stepping to ensure that he got what he wanted. He thought for a moment on the questions Domarus had asked him. “I cannot say I need your skills yet. Yet being key there. But It is always good to have contacts that you can rely on, and though I must commend you on how hard it is to analyze you, I will go with my intuition and how you compose yourself. You show yourself to be a lot like I am, though you do it in a very different way. I have no doubt that you can close yourself off to the world and hid the emotions you wish to have hidden until the time is right, but you have hidden yourself behind that visor this entire time. You have not given me the chance to analyze you. As I have not given you the chance to analyze me. Still you come into my house, outside a safezone and trust that I have no plan to kill you, and that I have not set an ambush for you.” He paused to think for a while. “Regardless as to you being a stranger, based on the fact that you are showing your ability to keep to yourself as you do and my instincts telling me to make a business deal with you. I feel as though it will end well for both of us. You state your goals, and they mirror a few of my guild’s goals. To help and protect others, to stop players from dying. Though I wonder if you have other goals that you do not wish to share. But, I digress. Whatever your end goal is, I would like to set up a sort of, trade by favors, if you will. A back and forth between us of help be it in col or power. A favor for a favor.”

@Domarus

The more Domarus watched and listened, the more he knew that this player was cunning and clever.  However everyone made a mistake on occasion.  When Atzo made his face appear more blank and void of emotions, it screamed to Domarus that he had much he was hiding.  Whether it was emotion, or a mental reaction or thought he wished to be hidden, he was hiding it all too well.  The key to fooling others entirely was not mastering the ability to hid your emotions.  It was to wear them expertly.  Domarus had mastered this ability and was able to appear like he was genuinely filled with pure happiness even if he was a raging storm on the inside.  He could appear like he genuinely cared for someone even if he really could care less if they had a heart attack and died right in front of him.  This player made it clear to him that he was hiding something, and that in itself ruined his entire facade.  Or perhaps this was another one of his tests.  After listening to his words Domarus would make his reply.  He started with a friendly chuckle.

"Well it's nice to know that someone thinks I'm a reliable contact, shows that I'm making progress if slowly.  As for our similarities, the only reason I have not taken off this armor is because up until now, the risk of an attack was up in the air.  With my armor on I can retaliate immediately to the danger.  However different actions and words have proven to me that you wouldn't scratch me even if you wanted to.  And thus there isn't any real reason to wear this anymore."  As he said this he opened his menu and put his armor in his battle ready inventory, wearing now his black T-shirt and pants.  On the inside of his left arm was a tattoo, his personal emblem.  He stretched his limbs at first before leaning back and smiling like any normal man would.
     "As for the analyzing part, I've actually had plenty of time to analyze you.  You don't want people to see your emotions for three possible reasons I'm guessing:  One reason might be that you fear your emotions will betray your thoughts.  Another is you do not wish for others to see your reactions to different situations.  The final reason might be that you are broken or twisted on the inside and you don't wish for this to be revealed.  It also could be all of the above or none at all.  There's always something to learn Atzo.  Also if you planned to ambush me, you could have just as easily done it in the forest while you were hiding from me."  Then it happened.  Atzo was attempting to lure Domarus out and share at the very least that he had hidden goals.  Domarus however, was not at all easy to lure out.  In fact he tended to flip the tables in these situations.

"Col and materials I can get on my own, though there are times I may need to loan from others occasionally.  Besides that however, all I really need are allies.  One or two of my friends and I were thinking about starting something, but we'll need more aid to see it through.  However you still haven't answered my question, only changed the subject:  Why will you need me in the future?  What need do you have of my skills?"  The entire time Domarus kept up a rather loose expression, making it seem like he wasn't hiding anything.  He did reveal his curiosity which anyone would experience in such a state, but not a shred of his calculating and manipulating mindset seeped into his appearance.

@Atzo

Atzo sighed “Your analysis is close but incorrect, I will however leave it at that” he thought for a little bit listening to Domarus, taking in what was said and asked. “I can’t say I have a use for your skill yet. But if I needed your skill right away I would have taken a much different approach. I instead want to gain the ability to call you should that time come, hense why I said a ‘trade of favors’. If you are looking for an ally then I would be happy to back you, assuming when I am called on there is an equal exchange when I need you. I want to consider this as us gaining connections. I want to be able to have reach in Aincrad and I can’t do that without connections. Perhaps one day we can learn more about each others, I will no doubt learn a lot from you if this goes through. But that is what I want, I cannot promise you col and materials, I know very well that I don’t need to. All I can promise is that I will come when you need if you will come when I need.” Atzo was satisfied with this, though he had a feeling that they weren’t done just yet.

@Domarus

When he saw the player sigh, it was clear that what he had said got to him.  It was difficult not to be grinning right now but he managed it.  This sort of scenario was where Domarus was the closest he could be to having fun.  Other than watching his opponents be torn to shreds that is.  To see someone so composed, so calculative and analytical, so confident.  And then you turn their world upside down.  Oh, Domarus could do it too.  If he continued to push on the subject he could very well infuriate this player and watch the emotion erupt.  But he wouldn't do that of course, not a chance in hell.  Especially if he wanted his good reputation to flourish.  The point of that statement wasn't to have fun with Atzo, but to help him understand something:  Domarus wasn't idle.  He was analyzing everything, making calculations every second.  He didn't know Domarus' full potential and that was why Domarus gave him a warning.  Whether or not he'd see that warning as it is, was yet to be seen.  Then Atzo tried to explain again and this time Domarus believed he understood...  And it was pathetic.  Domarus was silent for a moment before he leaned in, folded his hands, and spoke.

"So uh, let me get this straight:  You want to make a pact right now, that in the future you and I shall exchange favors.  Each favor equal to the other.  You have no idea what you'll be requiring me to do, in addition to the fact that you haven't exactly mentioned what you can provide besides information, which I already have access too.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by your offer, but I'm still a little confused as to why you wish to make such an agreement without having something I need.  You can say you have anything but I don't know you.  You could easily be lying to me.  Not to mention that I don't even know what you'll want me for and I dislike signing myself away for an unknown purpose."  It was all true.  There was too much mystery in this agreement, so much that could change.  Atzo could claim he had anything, including information, but he had yet to show proof of anything.  If he used the mansion as an example, that wasn't evidence.  It just showed he knew how to spend all his col.  Domarus would need proof of what Atzo had to offer, and an idea of what a man like him, would need his skills for.  Domarus couldn't do anything that would hinder his reputation in any way.

@Atzo

Atzo thought for a while considering everything that went on. “It just isn’t my week” he thought to himself, making no outward sign of what he was thinking “At this point I can see that I will get nowhere. There is still one tactic I can try, maybe it will work, maybe it won't. Regardless it will put me at a disadvantage. At this point I am in too deep to pull back, that would make me look like a coward.” Atzo gave a smirk-like grin. Before stating “Very well played my friend.” He walked behind his desk and grabbed a bottle of bourbon, pouring himself a glass and bringing it to the coffee table. Setting two more cups down, in case either of them wanted some. “Well, I respect you not wanting to sign yourself off for an unknown purpose. I understand you not trusting me. So, I will make this easy. No point in me backing out now, so tell me. What is it you want to know about me? I will be honest to the T but if I feel uncomfortable answering a question I will let you know.” Atzo took a second to pause, taking a sip of the bourbon. He knew alcohol didn’t do anything in the game but he still enjoyed the taste. “Now that said, I would like this to go both ways. You ask your questions, I will answer what I am comfortable with. Then I ask my questions, you answer what you are comfortable with. Does that seem fair?”

@Domarus

Atzo paused and thought for a moment before he switched to a smug grin.  When he spoke Domarus reacted with a mix of small curiosity and small confusion, but really he knew what had happened.  He had won the first battle of this little war.  He watched as Atzo moved and pulled something out from behind his desk:  Bourbon.  If it was his intention to make Domarus drunk he would fail miserably, but this could turn favorable to Domarus.  If not then he would see why the man brought the drink forth.  After taking a seat, Atzo essentially gave him room to ask any question he would like answered and so long as he was fine with giving up the information, he would answer truthfully, or so he said.  He took a sip of the alcoholic drink and informed him that it would go both ways and Domarus nodded in understanding.  What Atzo didn't know however, was that Domarus had spent much time devising the best way to tell half the truth, and make it seem like the whole truth.  He knew who would come on top of this battle as well.
     "Seems fair enough."  Domarus would not as questions that were not related to their conversation, especially things that were personal.  In order to avoid suspicion he would need to focus on what might effect his goals in the future.  If Atzo were to ask about Domarus' personal areas however, he would reply in kind.

"I suppose I'm up first then?..  You say you're establishing a guild.  You've told me what you'll be doing but is there anything else your guild, or yourself, seek to accomplish other than helping players?  And how do you intend to go about doing so?"  This was an absolutely fair question given the circumstances.  Domarus was not willing to sign himself away so easily, and wanted to know all the reasons and purposes as to what he might be used for.  He also wanted to see what process this man wished to take, possibly giving him a better view on what goes on inside this man's head.  In all this time Keres had never at all seemed concerned.  She had total and complete faith in Domarus.  While he spoke she moved forward and poured him some bourbon.  He took the glass and looked at it for a moment before taking a drink, stopping halfway before looking at the glass again.

"I've always preferred whiskey over bourbon.  Most don't know the difference, but the fact is that whiskey was made by the Irish, and the outcome of their drink is different than the American version."  He placed the drink down on the table, letting the burning sensation of alcohol slip down his throat.

@Atzo