[F6-SP] The turning point <<Calming the Soul>> {Complete}

Spoiler

<<Calming the Soul>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6

This quest is not repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

92U01UV.jpg

A mysterious waterfall, named The Waterfall of the Sage, is said to call players to it, giving them a feeling of complete relaxation upon arriving. Several flat topped rocks lay in front of the waterfall as seats for all who wish to attempt and understand the waterfall's secrets. It is said that occasionally one will open their eyes to find themselves in empty space, sometimes its an endless white space, or a never ending pitch black void, or even an endless field of flowers as it depends on how player's inner self is built. Here one's deepest thoughts can be heard echoing in the distance. A shadow like being with the appearance of a featureless human being appearing. Its size and shape similar to that of the one lucky enough to venture into the empty space, it simply points at you as a bright and disturbingly large smile appears on upon what seems to be its face.

Here four doors present themselves behind the shadow like creature, each one custom made to the player in design possibly depicting a symbol or image with significance to them. The figure lowers its hand and signals the player to enter the doors at their own pace. Upon choosing a door you  must face your inner demons and prove your might, each demon proving more difficult than the one before. When entering the doors an entirely new room is found, each one's layout depending on the demon being faced. After a demon is defeated the player will exit the room and can rest before engaging the next one, if you are incapable of continuing however your mind will begin to unravel and your fears will cast you out of the space and back into reality causing the quest to fail. Failing will not only cost you the rewards but can even cost a person's mind, or at the very least part of it.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-This RP must be a Solo

-You must meditate and face your deepest nightmares (Defeat all <Inner Demon(s)>)

-You must post all current equipped gear/overall stats/skills&mods/battle ready inventory in your first post of the thread. You may not switch gear throughout the thread.

Inner Demons Information:

<<First Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP1/4 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/4 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/4 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Second Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP1/3 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/3 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/3 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Third Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP1/2 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/2 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/2 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Final Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP3/4 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 3/4 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 3/4 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

Rewards:

1. You will be gifted the Extra Skill <<Meditation>>.

1.   Reveal hidden contents

2. 2 Skill Points

STATS

Spoiler

Level 10 | 200 HP | 20 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 DMG | 15 Mit  (after Woodland armour is used) | 1 loot die

Equipped 

Spoiler

Misguidance 2h sword 2 Acc 1 Bleed

Leather Coat 1 EVA 1 Savvy 1 Lght Momentum 

Battle ready

Spoiler

Woodland Armour | 1 Health potion | 1 snake Venom 

A mysterious waterfall on floor 6 ehh? It had Atzo intrigued for sure. What kind of place would it be? Leaving his house he began the three hour walk to the safezone. He had nothing better to do today and this was something he wanted to take care of so it would stop bugging him. He was an information brokers himself but he couldn’t find any information about the place anywhere. Reaching the town he teleported to floor 6. “If I am going out of the safezone on this floor then I will need to use my Woodland armour” He thought as he consumed on slot of it. It wouldn’t be much but he hoped it was enough. the early morning sun had yet to rise when he set out. The jungle was thick and Atzo wondered if he was even going the right way, he had no way of knowing for sure but he hoped he was.

Edited by Atzo

Atzo felt clueless and alone. It was brutal to feel like this. Is this what it meant to open himself up to feelings? It was weird. He couldn’t get Raina out of his mind the whole time he was walking, why did he think about her so much? It didn’t make any sense. He noticed a rose in the thick brush and picked it. He couldn’t fathom what was going on in his mind, there was nothing that made sense. Still, he smiled when he though back to Raina surprising him in his study that day the guild was grinding for levels and loot. He kept walking aimlessly as he thought about it, he had no attention to the world around him he just walked. Suddenly he came back to reality. Where was he? Nothing looked familiar and he had no idea how long he had been walking without direction.

ID# 78863

Spoiler

Loot Die 15+1=16 (plus 1 mat)

Edited by Atzo

There was a sound somewhere nearby. “is that running water?” Atzo though to himself “surely it’s the waterfall, maybe I was going the right way this whole time.” He shrugs and follows his ears. Sure enough there it was the waterfall he had heard about. It was beautiful and very well designed. Deciding to take a look around. He first looked into the water, it was a gleaming clear blue stream. It was weird to see it, he was never used to seeing such pure water. Even the Oasis by his house wasn’t as pure as this. Questions began to brew in his mind. He walked around the stream, careful not to step in it. The place was so serene, the grass was beautiful, the sky seemed to be calling to him with the deep blue that it showed. It was too good to be true. “what is the catch?” He thought to himself 

ID# 78864

Spoiler

Loot 3+1=4

Edited by Atzo

His questions were getting to the point of sapping his concentration. Seeing a flat stone he decided that he should meditate. It wouldn’t be the first time he did and he actually much enjoyed meditation, it allowed him to get his mind in order. What was this place? Why was it so beautiful? Closing his eyes he felt something shift, the previously warm day was replaced by a cold emptiness “There it is” He thought to himself “There is always a catch” He didn’t bother to open his eyes yet, he was actually kind of scared to. He was afraid of what would be looking at him, he put his hand on Misguidance and hoped that whatever lied before him was weak enough that he could beat it. He remembered back to when he attacked the warm with Shield and Beat, was this going to be similar to that? Did he get himself tied up in a problem where he was too weak? The difference was that this time he was on his own.

ID# 78866

Spoiler

Loot 1 (nope)

Edited by Atzo

Taking a deep breath Atzo opened his eyes. There was a dimly lit black void in front of him the floor was a perfectly polished mirror. He was aware of something talking in the distance… was that his voice? It was saying the things to him that he tried to suppress every second of every day. “your weak Atzo, you will always be weak” “ You can never make your family proud” “your life is meaningless” “Why do you try to be a good person? It’s meaningless Atzo. You will never be able to fall in love or be happy give up” “Raina could never care for a person like you, you don’t deserve to be cared for by anyone” “You imprisoned Solomon, you and you alone are the reason he is trapped here.” These things started to eat at his mind. Turning to observe the surroundings he noticed a strange shadow that was darker than the void. It posted at him and motioned to four doors as if saying ‘you must choose to succeed’

Edited by Atzo

Atzo tried to block the voices out of his mind, as he inspected the closest door. It was a tall oak door like the one in his parents hours. There was a strange symbol on it, not one unrecognizable though a single fist pointing downward. What was on the other side. Regardless he didn’t want to stick around listening to the voices any longer so he opened the door. On the other side was his father standing in the dojo. “what is going on?” He thought as he drew Misguidance. “Looks who is here” his father said “There boy who cause me so much pain and suffering, the boy who couldn’t do what he was told. You are a failure, and you are not my son. Are you ready for another beating? Because this time I will do to you what Ren did to me. It was your fault he did it, and you have to deal with the consequences.” His father cracked his knuckles 

Stats 

Spoiler

Atzo 200/200 HP | 20/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG

First Inner Demon 50/50 HP | 5 Dmg | 1 mit

Edited by Atzo

Seeing his father instantly brought anger into Atzo. It was such a multitude of anger that he imeadiately activated his highest power sword art, cyclone. Slashing his father up and down four times he looked at the man, bloodlust in Atzo’s eyes. “You made me this way” Atzo said his voice a low demonic rumble “You are the reason I am like this. You took away my ability to care about others, you took away my ability to love and feel happiness. You want me to suffer? I already do, you made my life hell. Your ‘teachings’ still torment me. Is that what you wanted? To have a child that didn’t feel? You were a bad parent, you and mom both. How could you abandon Ren like that? He is our flesh and blood and you threw him to the streets.” His dad tried to punch Atzo but Atzo was able to swiftly dodged it.

ID# 78867

Spoiler

Battle 5+2=7 (hit) [Dmg=5*4=20-1=19]

Mob 6-1=5 (miss)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 200/200 HP | 16/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG

First Inner Demon 31/50 HP | 5 Dmg | 1 mit

Edited by Atzo

Atzo was not so lucky the second attack. His father however was. Punching Atzo directly in the gut Atzo was brought back to a memory but quickly shook it away. “I was never a bad parent” his father yelled, his voice echoing around the dojo “You were and are a bad kid. You live and breath for me , because of me. You belong to me. Ren was a worthless piece of [censored], you had potential but you ruined that potential. You decided to go off and follow your brother. I thought you were better than that, I apparently was wrong. You aren’t strong Atzo, you are weak, you can never become strong because you were the reason I am dead. You pursue such trivial things like love but you don’t deserve it, you never have, you never will. Give up Atzo. You won’t make it anywhere in life, Give up and join me in hell like you deserve to.” 

ID# 78869

Spoiler

Battle 2+2+1=5 (miss)

Mob 7-1=6 (hit) [Dmg=5-15=1]

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 199/200 HP | 14/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG

First Inner Demon 31/50 HP | 5 Dmg | 1 mit

Edited by Atzo

Atzo was clenching his teeth. He did it often though rarely noticed it unless it started to hurt. “How dare you, You know not who I am, You know not who I have become. You are just a lousy no good Idiot who thought they could control me. Well let me tell you something ‘FATHER’ I am not you I will never be who you wanted me to be. I will always Banish you back to hell. You dont control me anymore” Something clicked inside of Atzo. A feeling of relief. He realized how true everything he had said was. His father didn't control him, he didn't have to be what his father wanted anymore. He could live his life the way he wanted to. He could be the man that he wanted to be, He could be a good person. It was relieving to know that was who he was, who he was allowed to be. He could do this, this was his life to live. It was time for him to accept it.

ID# 78871

Spoiler

Battle 6+2+1=9 (hit) [dmg=5*4=20-1=19]

Mob 3-1=2 (miss)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 199/200 HP | 14/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG

First Inner Demon 12/50 HP | 5 Dmg | 1 mit

Edited by Atzo

Atzo’s father looked stunned as Atzo smiled at him, the casual smile that so many people in this game had seen. “You see, Father, There is nothing you can do that can touch me here.” He activated His sword are Cyclone one more time and watched his father's health drop to to zero “NOOO, YOU ARE NO BETTER THEN REN. YOU ARE NOT MY SON” his father shouted at him “Good, I never wanted to be your son. He said as he triumphantly left the room. Suddenly the void shuttered and the sound of glass cracking boomed throughout the area. As Atzo looked around outside he saw that there was a large crack in the Mirror floor of the void. “I am going to need to rest before I continue” He said to himself “This is going to be a long trial and I have no doubt that the next one will be substantially harder than the last.”

ID# 79072

Spoiler

Battle 6+2=8 (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20-1=19

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 199/200 HP | 10/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG

First Inner Demon 0/50 HP | 5 Dmg | 1 mit (Overcome)

Edited by Atzo
  • 3 weeks later...

He proceeded to sit and meditate while his Energy Recharged. “What is this place?” he asked himself. Suddenly he felt the need to look at Misguidance. Opening his eyes and pulling up the sword there was something off about it. The mirrored blade was completely black. Almost as if it had been painted over with tar. Then it began to dawn on him, “I am inside my own mind, I am fighting my inner demons. That means I have to fight and kill… HIM” Atzo shuddered as the thought of fighting Solomon crossed his mind. “You can do it, It isn’t actually Solomon, just a rendition of Solomon, one that knows what you did, one that holds it against you.” He lowered the Mirrored blade and shook his head. This was going to be harder for him then he thought, though, nothing was impossible and this wouldn’t be either. He was The Man of Many Faces, and nothing could take him down.

Atzo decided to use his Snake Venom and applied it to his sword. “Here is to a better chance” He said with worry in his voice “I fear that which is to come, I fear that which is to torment me, I fear that which lies behind those door.” He said as he looked to the cloaked man. He then bowed his head and spoke in a booming voice that echoed through the voice “Oh, Great Spirit, Guide me this day. Show me the path and guide my blade. Great Spirit, push my body away from tournament, death, and pain. Raise me from my suffering, grant me the power of the Four Winds.” He stood with his hands to the sky hoping the Great Spirit would answer his prayer. He needed to wait just a tic longer before he entered the next door. What would lie ahead of him? He could only hope it was not Solomon, Though he knew Solomon couldn’t be avoided, Never would he be able to look Solomon in the eyes again after today.

Used

Spoiler

1 <<Snake Venom>> A coating which grants a weapon a poison effect which activates on a critical hit, dealing 4 damage for 10 turns to an enemy. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.

Edited by Atzo

Atzo walked to the door, It was a pristine silver woven into the pattern of leaves and vines. Interestingly It didn't bring his mind to any one person. Surely this was not Solomon. Then who was it? Hesitantly, Atzo grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. He stood in the doorway. Shocked, unable to move. It was Ren. His brother. Ren was not looking at him, but instead was punching a tree. The scene was a familiar forest, one that they would go to when they were upset. Rain was falling hard. “This is going to be more of a challenge then I thought” He said to himself. Ren’s head snapped around. “So, You are here. What do you want?” There was a tone of anger that Atzo had always seen but never experienced directed at him. “You already took my family, What more do you want?” The words were heavy.

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 200/200 HP | 20/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG

Second Inner Demon 66/66 Hp | 6 DMG | 1 Mit

Edited by Atzo

“What do you mean?” Atzo asked the image of his brother. Though Ren did not respond by word of mouth, instead he charged Atzo. The man’s fist was too close for comfort, Atzo quickly drew Misguidance, slicing Ren. “I dont want to hurt you Ren” Atzo said, pleading with the Image of his brother as he jumped to the side. The door had vanished. Atzo took a deep breath “This isn’t real, none of this is real. You can do this.” He looked at his brother who seemed to be at the familiar black out point of anger. Atzo saw him put his fist through a one inch thick metal table before while Ren was in this state. It was going to be a hard hit, if Atzo let his guard down. He hoped that the Great Spirit would continue to guide him. “I should never have gone to that waterfall. I should have just kept it a mystery. Or came when I was stronger.”

ID# 80820

Spoiler

Battle 6+2=8 (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20-1=19]

Mob 6-1=5 (Mis) [Proc LM]

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 200/200 HP | 16/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG (+LM)

Second Inner Demon 47/66 Hp | 6 DMG | 1 Mit

Edited by Atzo

He saw it coming. A hit he couldn’t avoid. As the Fist hit him, Atzo saw a patch of thick wood appear in front of the fist. “That God for woodland armour” He said as he used the hit to his advantage. Activating Cyclone he could feel the shift in his mental state, the fire in his eyes, the power he had. The Power to ward off his enemies. “I can do this because I am powerful. I Am The Man with Many Faces. No Demon is as powerful, No Devil is as mighty. I rule the grounds you have no power over my mind.” He was going to end this once and for all. The question was, how to do it. There was a lot standing in his way. And a lot that he would need to account for. And even more he needed to look out for but with the grace of the Great Spirit he was sure he could do it.

ID# 80825

Spoiler

Battle 4+2+1=7 (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20-1=19]

Mob 10 (Crit +2) [DMG=6+2=8-15=1]

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 199/200 HP | 12/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG 

Second Inner Demon 28/66 Hp | 6 DMG | 1 Mit

Edited by Atzo

This was it, He was at Ren’s back. He activated Cyclone once more. “You are my dog! I control you! I OWN YOU! THE REAL REN KNOWS THIS, THE REAL REN ACKNOWLEDGES THIS. NOW BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING OR DIE” He yelled at the Demon as he was attacking. Upon the end of his strike Ren turned around. The movement of his arm was stopped and he shouted in pain. Atzo smiled “It worked” He thought to himself “Thank goodness for that Venom and my bleed damage” Ren shattered into nothingness and the sound of breaking glass was able to be heard as the door reappeared. Atzo walked through it and saw the shards of broken mirror on the ground. “Two down, two to go” He said as he looked at the two doors he had not yet opened. He hoped the next Demon would go as smoothly as this one did. Though he knew what was behind the next door.

ID# 80827

Spoiler

Battle 10 (Crit+2) [DMG=7*4=28-1=27] (Proc Bleed) (Proc Snake Venum)

Mob 5-1=4 (Miss and Dead) 

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 199/200 HP | 8/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG 

Second Inner Demon 0/66 Hp | 6 DMG | 1 Mit (Overcame)

Edited by Atzo

Atzo sat down in the void on the ever growing crack on the mirror floor. He looked at the man, still standing there. “I wonder how I will be able to attack and Defeat Solomon” He shuttered at the thought. “There are only two demons left. I know exactly who they are.” He thought to himself “First will be Solomon, the Solomon of the past, the Solomon that I hope I never have to meet again. The Solomon that knows what I did. The Solomon who will hold everything against me.” He was feeling weary, the fatigue that came with anxiety. “Maybe this was a bad Idea” Atzo thought “I don't feel like I have conquered any of my demons yet, Maybe I will have to wait until this is all said and done. Or maybe this is all metaphorical and will never actually help me defeat my demons. Though that begs the question. What DO I get out of this anyways?”

There was a overbearing dread hitting him. He hopped that it would not interfere with his fight. Closing his eyes he prayed to the Great Spirit “Thank you, Great Spirit, for you help in defeating my second demon. Now, I must ask you to help me again. The power of the next two demons will make the last look like an ant. So I ask, lend me your strength, Guide my blade, Help me succeed. Strengthen my mind so that I may attack without quarrel. So I may be strong in the darkness that this next demon is sure to possess. Great Spirit, then in heaven, I ask this of thee” He opened his eyes and looked at the next door he was to enter. It was the door to Ren’s room in his house in the real world. It was the room that Solomon would sneak into at night while he let Ren sleep in his own room. Atzo never understood why Solomon prefered Ren’s bed over his own but found it best not to question the wisdom

Atso thought back to when Solomon and him used to mess around. 

“Solomon, what do you want to do for a living? When the time comes for you to have a job.” Alexander asked Solomon. Solomon just shrugged. It had been a long day for both of them. Alexander didn't know what he should do to make small talk. Especially after the ordeal that Ren had just dragged them through. They sat on the roof of the house, a place they normally sat and talked. “Ren really needs to calm down on his crime” Alexander said, though he knew he was talking to himself and not Solomon. Solomon was too deep in thought to actually respond to Alexander. Shaking his head Alexander got up. “We should probably go to bed, we have a school to control tomorrow”

Atzo lifted his head, a tear rolled down his face. “I don't have a choice do I? It is now or never”

Atzo opened the door, he saw his brothers room and a man stood before him. This was no ordinary man, this was Solomon. Solomon was facing the other way, Atzo had a hard time thinking straight, “S-solomon…” He said “I-I’m so sorry for everything.” Solomon didn’t move, not once facing him. “Don’t do this to me, you know that I can't handle silence.” He shook his head. “I have to do this” he thought to himself “If I don't I will never get out”  He ran at Solomon and activated Cyclone. The unmoving man keep his stare at the wall. “LOOK AT ME DAMMIT” Atzo yelled, tears falling from his eyes “DON'T LEAVE ME IN THE DARK… i-im always in the dark…” He wasn’t sure he could do this, there were so many emotions that ravaged his psyche “p-please” There was no response, Atzo wiped his soggy face and prepared to continue the battle

ID# 86581

Spoiler

BD:9+2=11 (Crit+1) [Dmg=(5+1)*4=24-2=22] {Proc Bleed}

MD: 1 (Fail)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 200/200 HP | 16/20 Energy | 1 Eva | 15 Mit | 1 light Momentum | 1 Savvy | 1 Bleed | 2 Acc | 5 DMG

Third Inner Demon 78/100 Hp | 10 DMG | 2 Mit

Edited by Atzo